• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Egruntz, I think I got it! You are a bomb or maybe paranoid gun owner. If you get lynched, it kills whoever cast the final vote, and if you get nightkilled, whoever tried to get you dies too, right! I'm pretty sure that's it, but I have a feeling it is a town role actually.
I'll just say that there are some things that need to be kept to oneself, and your giddiness at throwing that out there just annoyed me. It's not very smart to tell the role of someone who could be influential to the town's survival. Not even to speculate either, because that gives them ideas.

As for Egruntz's case, I don't want to start or be involved in another 6-page speculation on his role because it would be pointless.
ok wow what a load of crap. It's obvious that your either independent or mafia, i mean how can you not remember that part of a roll until not, that's just ridiculous. Moreover, you even say this when people are accusing you of being independent. what's worse is that you threaten us by saying i will go against you town folk. Coincidence that you find this about your roll at the same time people accuse you of being independent? I think not

vote:egruntz
:eek: at the way everybody in this thread started talking about Egruntz after this post. This is just like <3's case earlier in the game, where he put himself out there and everybody(including myself, I think) responded pretty much the same way:tried too hard to be a detective when all they could find is that he was posting weird, and it eventually got nowhere.

yeah... don't vote egruntz because it is probable he isn't lying. He made mention of his town hurting abilities a while back, and it seems to fit a role of a guy who says for Sparta a bunch in that one movie. The guy that dies in end and takes people with him.

Egruntz is just another foolish poster who showed us agian how stupid role claiming is.
Agreed, let's not waste time lynching people who are doing a good job of killing themselves. I can tell you that the way Egruntz went about this wasn't very well thought out, and he probably thinks that he's helping the town more than he really is. In a nutshell:2 role claims that are allegedly helping the town on day 1, people need to stop cracking under pressure, especially when it's as light as it has been. If this holds up, too many people are going to say, "I'm taking one for the team!", and eventually, there won't be team. There's more to it than that, but that is for another time. Hopefully the majority of the players won't nag me for that the way they did Egruntz.

With that being said, what were we talking about before this happened?

Florida

イーグランツ
If you didn't dig yourself a hole no one would have FOS'd you. If you'd kept quite, you could have definately taken down a mafia if they night kill you, but now it's probable that they won't target you, so really I think you're less help this way.
I was being FOS'd before my "hole was dug". Besides, if I haven't attempted to grab some attention from the Mafia, they wouldn't have of targeted me. Though no matter, I'm pretty much safe from being lynched. No matter what, I'm helping out the town. At least, trying to.

This whole you guys are mean to me thing is kind of annoying. Can we just grow up and play?

No more you're being mean so i'm going to try and screw you over now. Lets play some Mafia.
No more complaints about people being jerks? Why not just stop being a jerk in all, then?

This is a rather scummy question.
Quite.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scummy? whatever.
I don't think Lombardi is mafia, and I just think egruntz is being stupid.
Smashbotz hasn't really done anything whatsoever, aside from notify us of his uncle's birthday, and verify the uselessness of his posts.
I have the biggest problem with him than anyone else.
I wish everyone else to understand this as well.

Florida

イーグランツ
C'mon guys, you're all saying that's stupid to defend yourself against being lynched? That's nonsense.
Smashbot has been a bother with his useless posts, but he really hasn't done anything that shows he's pro-mafia. Saying things like "it's my uncle's birthday" can be annoying, but definitely isn't anything suspicious.

As for Mr.Lombardi, I'm pretty sure that he's actually Jesus. There really doesn't need to be more discussion on him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
C'mon guys, you're all saying that's stupid to defend yourself against being lynched? That's nonsense.
What I hate about this, is that he's right, but when he says this, he(at least I) expect people to respond to this, which I did, but only to try and convince people that it isn't worth talking about.

Smashbot has been a bother with his useless posts, but he really hasn't done anything that shows he's pro-mafia. Saying things like "it's my uncle's birthday" can be annoying, but definitely isn't anything suspicious.

As for Mr.Lombardi, I'm pretty sure that he's actually Jesus. There really doesn't need to be more discussion on him.
I think Pythag was being sarcastic when asking to kill Smashbot, it's just that he has contributed the least. Not that there is good ground for lynching him yet.

And I agree with what you said on Mr. Lombardi. I would also apply that second sentence to you, unless someone actually has something convincing.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
you know, even if they are townies, what harm would it do to knock off a few anyways?

claiming roles and irrelevant posts can be bothersome and could indanger the rest of us.

then again the roles they have could possibly help the pack, so to speak. jeez, some body do something really obviously guilty. day 1 has become irritating.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I was being FOS'd before my "hole was dug". Besides, if I haven't attempted to grab some attention from the Mafia, they wouldn't have of targeted me. Though no matter, I'm pretty much safe from being lynched. No matter what, I'm helping out the town. At least, trying to.
The key word here was "Trying".

You didn't have to start saying the sparta thing at all, but instead you decided to ruin your role by doing pointless mindgames.

"If the mafia targets me, they'll be killed! Better go tell them that!"

Florida

イーグランツ
The key word here was "Trying".

You didn't have to start saying the sparta thing at all, but instead you decided to ruin your role by doing pointless mindgames.

"If the mafia targets me, they'll be killed! Better go tell them that!"
Trying, yes. I was trying to make the mafia seem like I was an important townie. By saying "This is Sparta!" I was making it obvious that I was King Leonidas, and tried to make it seem that I was required to say this due to my role.

After many times of telling the townies I was on their side, and telling them to forget me, they continued to grow more and more suspicious. In a way I was sort of forced to explain my role, unless you guys WANTED to have a few of your people killed off.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
you know, even if they are townies, what harm would it do to knock off a few anyways?

claiming roles and irrelevant posts can be bothersome and could indanger the rest of us.

then again the roles they have could possibly help the pack, so to speak. jeez, some body do something really obviously guilty. day 1 has become irritating.
Anyone else think this post looks somewhat suspicious? "Hey guys, let's kill off a few townies and get this game going! Oh wait, maybe not because the might be somewhat helpful.."

I don't know for sure if it's as suspicious as it looks to me, but it's out of the ordinary.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Yep, the mafia doesn't have to kill all the townies to win you know, so Egruntz you pretty much guaranteed your own survival for the rest of the game. >_>;;;

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying, yes. I was trying to make the mafia seem like I was an important townie. By saying "This is Sparta!" I was making it obvious that I was King Leonidas, and tried to make it seem that I was required to say this due to my role.

After many times of telling the townies I was on their side, and telling them to forget me, they continued to grow more and more suspicious. In a way I was sort of forced to explain my role, unless you guys WANTED to have a few of your people killed off.
An admission perhaps???

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

Stop taking it out of context.

I'd say that he was frustrated at the number of townies who haven't contributed much to the conversation, and how two had already role-claimed when it's way too early to be doing so. Don't act like you haven't at least thought of some players as worthless.

Also, Egruntz, you might want to save your end of game speech for, you know, the end of the game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im sorry, really I am. Im going to London on wendsday with the high school band and thus have had a ton of practices which wear me out and go really late and my g'pa is in the hospital in really bad shape, so Ive been stressing about that as well. Thats why I havent been on, as I havent been in a good enough mental state to do so I think. Im barely so now, so please excuse random rants and incomprehensible statements. Thank you.

Um... yeah. Of the posts I have read of yours, which I think are all of them, they all strike me as real scummy and its almost always stuffs like this. so yeah.
read this as my vote on GameFreak but dont actually count it yet Eor

Im not sure why I quoted that, but Im gonna leave it anyways as it kinda relates to my point, tho it prolly could be taken out [/rant]

I have realized that egruntz is either an insanely idiotic person, or he is a mafia member with a really REALLY devious plan, which is as follows.
Mafia decides Leonidas probably is a town vig or some other equally good role. Thus they begin to try and determine how to kill him.
We talk about Kira so much and how he is prolly independent (I saw an episode and now agree with this).
Someone says "Hey, why doesnt one of us claim to be Leonidas? That way maybe Kira will kill Leonidas by putting his name down! Oh and lets make it a n00bier and rather obnoxious person as well so that Kira is more inclined to do so"

Either that or Im paranoid. Totally possible

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
:eek: at the way everybody in this thread started talking about Egruntz after this post. This is just like <3's case earlier in the game, where he put himself out there and everybody(including myself, I think) responded pretty much the same way:tried too hard to be a detective when all they could find is that he was posting weird, and it eventually got nowhere.
It's not that post that changed things, it's the posts that egruntz himself made before that. Come on, "Oh, and I looked at my role again, also if I get lynched it hurts the town." That is the most laughable post in the game. I am surprised that anyone believes him.

He really seems like an independent to me. Saying "he's secured himself for the rest of the game" seems stupid to me. I think he has a role similar to Spam Master's from Trigun mafia. He posts his bluff about taking down mafia with him to explain why he doesn't get nightkilled, then adds on that it also applies to getting lynched so that we don't lynch him. Then, in the end game, the hardest part for an independent to win, he has his lynch bluff set up from the beginning, and whatever townies remain will rather risk lynching someone else than risk having their whole team taken down, or something.

I also don't like the justificiation of, "Oh, well sure he's acting really strange, but he's just new and dumb so whatever."

I'm not calling to lynch him now or anything, but I find his roleclaim to be even more suspect than Lombardi's.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's not that post that changed things, it's the posts that egruntz himself made before that. Come on, "Oh, and I looked at my role again, also if I get lynched it hurts the town." That is the most laughable post in the game. I am surprised that anyone believes him.
If you're including me in the group who believe him, take me out. I'm still gathering my thoughts on this, looking at it from every single angle, but one of the few conclusions I have made is to leave him be for now. This is because I'm sure that Egruntz has done a good job of possibly being the most targeted member during the night(though Mr. Lombardi is heavy competition). What makes it interesting is that since heseems to be independent, all of the groups are contemplating his murder.

He really seems like an independent to me. Saying "he's secured himself for the rest of the game" seems stupid to me. I think he has a role similar to Spam Master's from Trigun mafia. He posts his bluff about taking down mafia with him to explain why he doesn't get nightkilled, then adds on that it also applies to getting lynched so that we don't lynch him. Then, in the end game, the hardest part for an independent to win, he has his lynch bluff set up from the beginning, and whatever townies remain will rather risk lynching someone else than risk having their whole team taken down, or something.
In that second sentence, are you referring to my post or Yeroc's? If you're talking about mine, that's not what I meant. I was saying that, for day 1, I personally think that he should be left alone(in the thread), not that I wouldn't vote for him later in the game.

Either way, I'm glad that you mentioned Spam Master's role from Trigun, because I hadn't thought of that. This makes me much more suspicious of what Egruntz could possibly do, but it isn't enough to sway me to vote for him(though I'm not saying that you were trying to make me vote for him, as you yourself haven't done so yet).

I also don't like the justificiation of, "Oh, well sure he's acting really strange, but he's just new and dumb so whatever."
I'm sure you don't, isn't this your first mafia game too? That's not what I'm thinking though, I do realize how dangerous first-time players can be, because they often go unnoticed for much of the game because people don't expect much of them. Hell, I used this to my advantage in both Fire Emblem and Food Court mafia, where I helped town(as much as they hated my methods) win both games by surviving to the very end. So no, not all new players are dumb.

Like I said before, I won't hesitate to vote him later in the game if more evidence is presented. Like you said yourself, all he's doing is acting very strange, so what can I do? I said earlier that I didn't want to be part of a discussion that mirrored <3's, but I've failed in that, yet I'm trying to move on.

I'm not calling to lynch him now or anything, but I find his roleclaim to be even more suspect than Lombardi's.
Flip a coin.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3 still thinks lombardi should be very high on everyones list since, he's moved up <3's a lot.
1. he may very well not be jesus, and
2. if he is jesus could be mafia.

Not too concerned with egruntz, he might as well not be in the game now, he is useless at this point <3 believes his ability and role at this point, the way he revealed it wasn't crafty or composed at all. Think a lot of it is in this case the name seems to match the suggested role well... that and I vividly remember him mentioning a similar ability before flat out telling us lynching him would result in harm to us.

Um... what else...
Looking at his play style and matching it up with the order of his posts and responces to other posts he is very reactive and short sighted. Nothing seems planned. Any mafia player this early in the game would react with more... with the long term in mind... ...don't know. it just doesn't match up with how <3 views your average mafia player.
This same logic is why <3 didn't suspect Lombardi so much up until his role claim.

If <3 asks questions no one will answer right?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I have realized that egruntz is either an insanely idiotic person, or he is a mafia member with a really REALLY devious plan, which is as follows.
Mafia decides Leonidas probably is a town vig or some other equally good role. Thus they begin to try and determine how to kill him.
We talk about Kira so much and how he is prolly independent (I saw an episode and now agree with this).
Someone says "Hey, why doesnt one of us claim to be Leonidas? That way maybe Kira will kill Leonidas by putting his name down! Oh and lets make it a n00bier and rather obnoxious person as well so that Kira is more inclined to do so"

This is not a good plan, because if the real Leonidas died, the town would realize that the role-claimer was lying and would lynch him. While it does get the mafia a kill, it's one-for-one, which can't be a successful formula for the mafia, since the town outnumbers them. Also, why would they even claim Leonidas when there is a chance that they might get killed themselves, why not claim a character mentioned in the first post or a character that is believable?

Unless they somehow figured out that Leonidas' role was REALLY deadly, but even then, I would figure that the Mafia prefer to use their wits instead of their bodies.

Not only that, but this is assuming that Kira's role even works the way you said, which no but himself and his allies(another assumption) can possibly know.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Ok here is the problem, none of the evidence being presented against any of the suspects if definitively mafia motivated. everything thats been presented could just be the fact that person is an idiot.

If I was gonna present evidence I would have said how egruntz constantly flip-flops between refer to himself as part of the town and as a seperate entity based on his tenses.

But, the thing is that none of the arguments are powerful enough to do anything.

Contrary to the ideas of <3, whos stance on this topic leads me to believe that he does not normally play competitive sports or strategy based games, I believe that the way that the majority of people are playing is simply going to be ineffective in prosecuting and lynching mafia.

If everyone just spurts out their suspicions as soon as they notice something, if that suspicion is a blatant and telling mistake (an exceptional rarity), by the time you have accumulated enough small slip-ups to effect a lynch, your ideas will be played out and stale. If a mafia member has days or even hours to make up an excuse for a previous action before you present more evidence you are effectively back at square one.

In sports the key to winning or any sort of intellectual game, the only way to win as an individual against a unified and organized force is to suprise and trick that force. In everything from chess to rugby to risk, if you give a superior force time to organize and think up a restiance you will fail.

I encourage those without a system to use my method of accusation. Ony my computer in a folder called mafia and within that folder I have four sections: not suspicious, suspicious, mafia, and independent. Amongst those four sections is an indivdual file for each person in this game. As I read anything that I find suspicious I copy down and paste into that persons article, I also record who they have voted for, who they have defended, and who they have attacked without voting or initiated an attack on.

When, and only when I feel I have enough information on that person to place them in the mafia or independent folder to commence attempts totrick them into making a revealing mistake, and although I may feel like I have enough information to justify my own vote and the vote of the town, I wait until I can get a keystone point, that will prevent the mafia from defending my suspuct beofre my arument can get off the ground for fear of themselves failing and after their fellows lynch it being traced back to them.

Also, I encourage people to remember something. Ultra detailed examintation of every post in long qoute string reply's serves only two purposes. The first is too drive away those who might not be as comited to the game as the poster (an unfortunate but neccesary evil). And, to make everyone keenyl aware that their post will be scrutinized, which only hurts the town. The should be able to tell a good mafia, who won't normally make mistakes that will give himself away, by how carefully he posts and how calculated his opinions are, but with the subconcious thought that evrything you write is being watched, this air of censoreship has started showing up in every single post (save the posts of the *******). Gigantic posts are good eeryone once in a while to sumarise maybe a whole day or to present a large scale well thought out argument against one person, so next time you feel like making a gigantic post remember, brevity if the soul of wit.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Don't be so eager for day one to end, 3-5 of us will be gone tomorrow... What sucks is the newer players are so easily manipulated... once a lot of the more intelligent players are mafia will be able to control both the lynch and their night kill... Lombardi (mafia or not) and Egruntz are already useless and the gay isn't even over yet.

That said it is silly to believe mafia players aren't active posters and they are all hiding out there with mic. suspect everyone... new players that means you! (suspect people... not new players are mafia.)

spam_master

Smash Rookie
If <3 asks questions no one will answer right?
Your joking right

Also, I forgot to point out too the two people who used the word irregardless earlier, pythag and omeone I can't remember, that irregardless isn't a word.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Ok, so we (at least from the last few posts, me redcell, and marshigio) think that lombardi and egruntz are both quite suspicious. Also the egruntz thing has made it so that a few of the townies feel weird. I know I would be cautious with egruntz around constantly threatening, and if you dont believe his opinion he might go back, read his role even more and find some new ability....

vote:egruntz

ronike if you cant handle it drop out, we have replacements and its still day 1. this game doesnt take that much time if you just read and maybe post 15 minutes a day if you do it every day.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
wow 5 posts in the time i made this.

spam_master so you want us to just make posts about what exactly? if we arnt talking about who is suspicious then what are people posting at all for others to scrutinize? maybe it works for a few, but I think there needs to be at least a few others keeping the game moving forward.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
IF everyone does it then there will usually be someone making an argument for the lynch of someone they believe to mafia and everyone else will be responding to it. I don't really do anything other than maybe glance over how much stuff I have in a persons file when they are attacked, I just go with the flow and say how I feel about the facts that person presented and actually that usually produces roughyl the same amount of traffic when it comes to post count but each post contains more information because they are responding to more than one reason that has been presented.

Also, I don't expect everyone to do this, There will always be idiots, people who don't feel like investing that much time and effort, and people who belive that their style is superior, so there will always be traffic. And, plus I've already stated that it doesn't work as well early in teh game because everyones rap sheet is still pretty small, so I just go with whoever I feel might be mafia and try and get them to slip up, but, I don't ever overtly attack until they've made a substantial mistake.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question, but when is Night coming? It's been close to almost 50 pages.

Anyways.... <3 is still speaking 3rd person..

<3.... why exactaly do you bother to speak in 3rd person? Hmmmmmmmmmm?
See what I mean, an idiot.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Im not sure why I quoted that, but Im gonna leave it anyways as it kinda relates to my point, tho it prolly could be taken out [/rant]

I don't think that's the way most people are guessing that Kira's role will work--he won't just write down a role that's in the game and that person will die. He will likely have to match the roles to the player. The player's name is the "name" he writes down, and they players role is the "face." But if Egruntz isn't really Leonidas, then he won't be able to kill him because he doesn't know his true role.

However, it is possible that Kira's killing does work your way. I hadn't thought of it. Then Kira gets three free kills, and his decision is whether to use them or not

(oh god like a few more giant posts have come into the thread as I'm writing this)

Marshiago, I was referring to Yeroc's post that one time.

Also, while I'm sure that some of the mafia are way out in the open now, they probably have a few lurkers. It annoyed me reading Trigun Mafia that Riciardos was inactive for days at a time (game days, that is) and he was just completely off everyone's suspect list, and he only got killed when Eor had the plan to just kill the few remaining players who weren't confirmed town.

And about Eor, I doubt he'd make a role like what egruntz claims Leonidas to be. In Trigun Mafia, he was Vash, the main character of the show. As soon as he roleclaimed, he was basically an invincible townie, as his character was immune to all negative night roles, and Vash was definitely in the game since it was Trigun. Most people, including Eor, believed that a role like that was game-breaking. Leonidas is one of our four confirmed roles (and I do believe they are confirmed, since Eor stated outright that Jesus is in--a lot of people seem to gloss over this point, but Jesus is in here somewhere) so it is a role that can be believably claimed.

But really, why the hell would Leonidas take out townies with him if he dies? He would gladly die to save the life of any one of his men, he wasn't some suicidal glory-hog wanting to just die and take down anybody he can with him. It's possible that his role was adapted for the game, but still.

Also axemangx's latest post just blew my mind.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Contrary to the ideas of <3, whos stance on this topic leads me to believe that he does not normally play competitive sports or strategy based games, I believe that the way that the majority of people are playing is simply going to be ineffective in prosecuting and lynching mafia.

If everyone just spurts out their suspicions as soon as they notice something, if that suspicion is a blatant and telling mistake (an exceptional rarity), by the time you have accumulated enough small slip-ups to effect a lynch, your ideas will be played out and stale. If a mafia member has days or even hours to make up an excuse for a previous action before you present more evidence you are effectively back at square one.

In sports the key to winning or any sort of intellectual game, the only way to win as an individual against a unified and organized force is to suprise and trick that force. In everything from chess to rugby to risk, if you give a superior force time to organize and think up a restiance you will fail.

I encourage those without a system to use my method of accusation. Ony my computer in a folder called mafia and within that folder I have four sections: not suspicious, suspicious, mafia, and independent. Amongst those four sections is an indivdual file for each person in this game. As I read anything that I find suspicious I copy down and paste into that persons article, I also record who they have voted for, who they have defended, and who they have attacked without voting or initiated an attack on.

When, and only when I feel I have enough information on that person to place them in the mafia or independent folder to commence attempts totrick them into making a revealing mistake, and although I may feel like I have enough information to justify my own vote and the vote of the town, I wait until I can get a keystone point, that will prevent the mafia from defending my suspuct beofre my arument can get off the ground for fear of themselves failing and after their fellows lynch it being traced back to them.

Also, I encourage people to remember something. Ultra detailed examintation of every post in long qoute string reply's serves only two purposes. The first is too drive away those who might not be as comited to the game as the poster (an unfortunate but neccesary evil). And, to make everyone keenyl aware that their post will be scrutinized, which only hurts the town. The should be able to tell a good mafia, who won't normally make mistakes that will give himself away, by how carefully he posts and how calculated his opinions are, but with the subconcious thought that evrything you write is being watched, this air of censoreship has started showing up in every single post (save the posts of the *******). Gigantic posts are good eeryone once in a while to sumarise maybe a whole day or to present a large scale well thought out argument against one person, so next time you feel like making a gigantic post remember, brevity if the soul of wit.
wow... no one reads no one! go re read the post, the whole thing...

Love how people want to sit around and wait for mafia to say "I'm mafia... ooops, ignore that." it won't happen. So waiting for it will result in a loss unless some how the mafia doesn't sway votes away by getting town to vote for incompetent players instead of themselves which has been going swell thus far. So far no active big posters have been accused ever despite obvious lapses in logic comparable to the people we are currently arguing over. Why is this? Oh wait... we don't answer <3's questions... thats right; might kill you with the "if you answer a question you die" ability... I think it's just an easy way to avoid answer questions that could potentially put mafia in a hard spot. Like... the most simple "Are you mafia?". I'm sure you can understand my frustrations.

If the post was limited to only Mediocre the same result would have been yeilded. when <3 was night killed my other suspisions and evidence would be for ever gone along with me. Is that hard to comprehend? Oh wait... we can't answer my questions...

Also, <3 doesn't reveal everything. Just making up for no one revealing anything.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Your joking right

Also, I forgot to point out too the two people who used the word irregardless earlier, pythag and omeone I can't remember, that irregardless isn't a word.
Only one person in the whole of this thread has ever answered one of <3's questions.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I thought that it was funny because if the person were to answer no, then would have answered one of your questions.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Oh yeah, it was a trick question too. Was gonna literally write "this is a trick question" but <3 changed his mind...
It sucks though if <3 wants to interrogate someone... like KevinM for instance... they can dodge the question and no one will think it is strange.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If the post was limited to only Mediocre the same result would have been yeilded. when <3 was night killed my other suspisions and evidence would be for ever gone along with me. Is that hard to comprehend? Oh wait... we can't answer my questions...

Also, <3 doesn't reveal everything. Just making up for no one revealing anything.
My answer: No, it isn't hard to comprehend, and I know where you're coming from. I think that you think that these questions could lead to the conclusion of day 1, at the very least, but you're frustrated because you think that even though the answer is right in front of them, they ignore it. Did I get that right?

I don't know what you want me to do, I have already stated that I appreciate your posts and dissect them the best I can. I do the latter with everybody, and I can tell you that even though I'm not as upfront with this as you are, I read into this game deeply and am sure that others do too.

As for your questions, keep asking them. Just don't expect people to jot down their suspicions, especially since doing so can start an all-out war. People don't take you seriously when you say something like, "I could solve some things if I asked a question, but since you're not going to listen to them, I won't bother".

As I've said, I DO notice these things, and I want to bring this up because I thought it might go somewhere, since then everyone has been wrapped up in Egruntz.
blah blah blah

<3 will respond to other posts later. Life calls.
I think that you had plans to respond to...

Wow… wow… what is wrong with everyone? What are you so scared? If <3 has put his self out there this much can’t you at least meet his effort 1/10 of the way and ask a single question. We out number mafia by far <3 would imagine. Because of this the sooner we talk the better.
“That is exactly what the mafia would want you to think.”
No it isn’t! Look at the logic behind the arguments <3 are presenting not the way <3 is presenting them.
(For those who are lost, this was in response of me refusing to fill out <3's poll)
I then answered...
Mediocre summed it up perfectly.
NO.

It's fine for some things to be out in the open, even most things. But sometimes, you need to hide something from the other players in order to fool the mafia, because hey, guess what? They're reading this thread too.

There are times for being honest, and then there are times for deception. This holds true no matter which side you're playing on.
Don't think just because I haven't been giving out new ideas like you have, that I haven't evaluated everything and come up with my own ideas of what's really going on. You act like the more questions you ask, the more you contribute. While this may be the case sometimes, it also puts pressure on the people you've accused, which will, in turn, cause them to post differently than they would have by being extra careful. I'd rather have them post naturally so I can get a sense of what their motives are.

Not everything is worth posting. If someone says something that made me change my mind about them, I'm not going to post in the thread saying something like, "hey, you're all right". Not only that, but I'd like to post in agreeing with other posters because I think they have a good point, not because I'm sure that someone is going to try to stab me in the heart later on in the game.
Look at the words in bold, while it may not be very important, I want to know if this is really how you think. You never refuted this, yet you're still trying to convince everyone to ask and answer your questions.

Also, before anyone thinks I contradicted myself, I'll let you know that I didn't. I tell <3 that he hasn't refuted what I said, and I was trying to downplay his suggestion of filling out his poll, and before that, I said:
As for your questions, keep asking them. Just don't expect people to jot down their suspicions, especially since doing so can start an all-out war.
Notice the part that is in bold. That might not have been needed, but I wanted to bring it up just in case someone had thought that I did contradict myself.

Florida

イーグランツ
I admit that I didn't utilize my role correctly, and I shouldn't of felt so pressurized when a first FOS was cast at me, however I'm trying to do the best for the town with what left I can do.

There is a logical explanation as to why some townies might be killed if I'm lynched. I realize that I've messed up before by revealing most of my role, so I'll ask before explaining. Shall I explain? ;o

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If you reveal everything now, there's a small chance that people will believe you, what with your errant posts. Not only that, but the mafia will know everything too, and that's never good.

You say that you shouldn't have given in so quickly when you were pressured, yet now you're offering to give everything up when you're not even 1/3 of the way to your lynching.

Seriously, just shut up, because if my guesses are right, you'll only hurt the town more by revealing everything. I think that may be the only way to redeem yourself.

Wait for more opinions on this though, especially from the more reliable, more active posters before you decide. I'd be pissed if you did something like this if axemangx and smashbot told you to. I may change my mind on this, especially if someone else points out something I may have missed.

Florida

イーグランツ
It's statements like these that cause me to explain my situation. You guys keep spending time on wondering how I can make sense, and wondering if I'm lying or not; and when I try and explain to you why I'm not a lier, you just get even more pissed off and tell me to STFU.

By explaining myself I'm safe from being lynched, therefor safe from hurting part of the town. Surely, not hurting the town is a good enough of a reason to reveal my role (since you people don't even bother to believe me otherwise).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Egruntz just you made a stupid play is all. You cracked under pressure and you're still suspicious for how quick you revealed your role.

Top Bottom