• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Vote:camo-man

If there is one thing that drives me nuts it's self voters. If everybody else can vote for smashbot because hes an idiot then I should get to vote for camo.
You mean every self voter is your butler who drives you nuts from Safeway everyday?

XD Lame jokes FTW. Now.... that was the point I'm trying to make. Anyone can act stupid. However acting stupid in no way makes someone instantly mafia/independent. I mean, what if one of us is actually mentally challenged?

You guys would be bullies. =/

XD at my weak argument.

Anyways, Unvote: camo-man

Thanks for helping me out spam. Now that I know you hate self-voters, I'll be sure to do it again the next days. XP

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sorry for all the quotes. Hate em' too...

People drop their votes because it's a strong claim. I haven't dropped mine and have no intention of dropping mine until someone has revealed they are more scummy. However, it could be attributed to a number of things that people will drop their votes, including the fact that they are worried about appearing scummy by keeping a pressure vote on. You can't base them as weak players, sometimes town players play to keep their own neck out there.
<3 thinks thats an issue. If you aren't scummy who cares how scummy you seem. As long as you explain your motives and have truth backing you even if for some reason you are lynched you still have your contributions and thoughts left. Your goal as a town member isn't to stay alive longest but to defeat the mafia. At least that is how <3 sees it.

And this trend would be? Implying that you know how everything is going to fall into place is never a good thing btw.
The trend was unvoting Lombardi. <3 agrees to a degree... In this case <3 wanted have more evidence than was currently available, a way to strengthen his case by showing what he thought to be a predictable pattern. Generally yes predicting the future is bad, but if a pattern develops you can begin to count on that result.

I disagree with this, and what you said afterwards to explain his post. It seemed he focused on almost everyone that had been in discussion and active lately in the discussion.
Okay, that is a good take. <3 reads horribly deep in mafia games, even at things like word order, cuz <3's bored. It could very well be that your post before his "LOL <3 Marshigio" reminded him of your highly debated attention drawing posts and the qualities he mentioned.

If you had payed attention i was making a clever reference to a mass Eor kind of thing. Like when he made the role claim happen in was it South Park Mafia? It was pretty apparant i was joking, and the reason i needed to state that i was joking, was because you latched on it and started trying to make people say their alignment. It was doomed to failure and a waste of time.
Don't know how <3 was supposed to grasp that. It seemed very random and out of place to <3 which is why it grabbed a lot of his attention. How dare <3 ask people their alignment though... you are right on that one.

This is an interesting find, however i think it could also be attributed to the fact that OWM hasn't played many of these games and therefore doesn't want to post that often. As i did in my first game because i didn't want to seem suspicious. However your logic here is pretty good, but it can be attributed to either a scum tell, bad play, or new to the game.
You agree. Sort of.

It's a good thing they are low on your list, because i addressed why there could very well be no reason for suspicion after unvoting.
/nod

Suspicious because you are threatened... thats rather interesting.
YES! that is exactly what <3 wanted to say. Smart mafia players scare <3 poopless, players that can manipulated and manage people well are impossible to beat a lot of the time. That and the fact that <3 is suspicious of everyone. <3 also said he is on the bottom of the list and gave detailed reason as to why, he is below people <3 hasn't mentioned yet.

I might get to answering your questions but as for right now. It seems that you BELIEVE you have a fair grasp of play styles, but a lot of what i've seen up until the Lombardi and <3 incident had been joking. And now you're just throwing suspicion around to get discussion going.. sometimes mafia members like to hide out in the open <3, i'll always keep that in mind.
When <3 is mafia thats where he always hides, he knows this. Thats why he has targeted you.

<3, I find myself wondering if your suspicions of me come from my disagreement with your alignment claiming plan. Judging by the content of your argument against me, it sure seems that way. I'm not trying to play psychoanalyst here, but you really seem fixated on that.
WRONG!!(thats size 5 so attention of non readers can be drawm here, lol.)
If you read my post, <3 is sure you did, and are just taking it completely out of context. <3's main reasoning is your non-contributing/anti-free thinking play style. Your stance needs very little clarification since everyone else who has read your posts already understands it. Again this is a rehashing of old information. If you feel <3 has over looked something you have added please.

<3 would like to quote this however.
You also seem to dislike my play style, and I really can't help that. I tend to be analytical and not very accusatory. I don't point many fingers, and those I do point I point with a purpose. Instead of spending my time accusing people, I've been trying to analyze the mechanics of the game. Apparently you don't find this valuable. Personally, I think it is very important that we share our ideas about how this game is likely to play about, particularly as there are is sizable number of players here who are completely new to the game.
Frist off, you point fingers. there are several posts were you call <3 suspicious in big long winded posts but add no new ideas as to why or how and let <3 go unvoted.
Second there is very little to show for this valuable information you've accumulated. While this post was helpful:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3483413&postcount=267
Knowing roles and guessing what name fits on what side does very to pinpoint suspects. <3 was hard pressed to find many posts that offered new ideas to the game from you.

Then, you go on to claim that I've made contradicting statements about roleclaiming. I really haven't. I believe that it's generally unwise to roleclaim, especially in this game, but almost always better than being lynched. I don't think I've ever said that roleclaiming was worthless, only that it would be far less convincing in this game than in many others.
Mostly, this is a huge advantage for any mafia or independents who are out there. Although they really won't be able to effectively fake a roleclaim (because there will probably be no real reason to believe them), it still means that the innocence of any townie will be very hard to prove.
Well, I recommend you try the "convincing argument" route before you resort to a roleclaim, partly because of Kira, but also because the mafia will go after you if your role really is that important.
I'm sorry, Lombardi, but you've been acting far too scummy for me to believe what you say about the motivations of your actions. If you make a convincing argument about your alignment, or make a good roleclaim (such as Leonidas or Jesus) I'll unvote you.

Anyhow, I just hope this whole situation winds up benefiting the town, not the mafia, however it is eventually resolved.
You obviously know the dangers. Why even let roleclaiming (as apposed to nameclaiming... or even better just a convincing argument) even be an option?

You also don't seem to realize that Lombardi's roleclaim is a lot better than most would be in this game, because he claimed a character that was almost sure to be in this game. Eor has said previously that Jesus Christ would be a character in the game, so a mafia player would have to be a fool to roleclaim Jesus Christ. Even if he was, the probability is high that the real Jesus Christ would call him out on it, in which case I could recast my vote for him.
That is irrelevant and <3 loves how almost sure is enough for you now. Any intelligent player would see this and think "wow... what a horrible trap to catch the real JC"
At best the town get a mafia down, a doctor down.
Middle, our current: We lost a doctor...
At worst the town gets a doctor down some other role down. (let <3 explain this one... <3 knows how you guys can be sometimes... If Lombardi is town but felt cornered enough to lie about his role to stay in the game picking one of the 1 out of the 2 of 30 characters Medi mentioned and the doctor calls him on it. wow.)
and thats even if kira isn't in the game. You talk about <3’s plans being high risk...

I'd also suggest that, in the future, you just go after your target instead of watering your post down with all the other suspicions you have about so many other players. It doesn't really do anything except serve as a warning to any scum you might have on your list, "Hey, you're acting scummy. Better stop."
<3 will spell it out further, he wants them to stop, he wants to see drastic changes in play styles. But <3 also don't want to hold back any of his thoughts from the community when he can. If <3 is going to draw attention to his self like this he might as well get everything off of his chest before he can't say anything else and his thoughts become useless.

And speaking of those other suspicions, I really don't think any of your arguments against me are very valid, and I feel that way about almost all of your arguments towards other players too.
Then <3 dosen’t believe you’ve looked hard enough.

I only removed my vote because jesus is not only a strong claim but its an exceptionally polar claim. He's either 100% lying and is definetly mafia or he is 100% town, there is absolutely no wiggle room. If someone counter claims I'm instantly and permanently voting for him.

Also, with the amount of time he was threatening a role claim, if he was mafia he would have run his claim by his partners. If any of his partners had even the smallest amount of cognitive power, they would have told him not claim as jesus, because it is one of the few confirmed characters and it is almost certain to draw a counter claim if he is lying. If we do get a counterclaim I'm willing to bet anything that lombardi is actually an independent, working by himself.
Eor: question~ Can mafia talk with each other at anytime or is it only limited to the night phase?

Also, with the size of the game and the quick progression of pages, I am going to just say this every once and a while for anyone who may have skipped lombardi's claim, but probably only for day one.

If your role is jesus christ, no matter what your power is, claim immediately. You will be protected and a mafia will die day one
Who would ever do that though… seriously?

Mediocre has a very good point here.

For anybody who is new, it usually isnt a good idea to list your minor suspicions, it only alerts any potential mafia and allows his parteners to villify you before you can present a clean argument.

We have enough people in the game that we can fairly steady conversation based on one persons solid accusation of another singal person and the populace's response. So if you think you have spotted a mafia but don't have any hard evidence, don't call them on it, just wait for them to dig themselves a nice little grave, then bury them.
Wow, that is dumb. Speak your mind mafia can’t silence everyone… If we sit quietly and wait for a magical break through we will lose period.

There are a few exceptions to this rule, like a day one that is particularly absent of conversation or if a person you belief to be innocent is about to lynched and the populace demands an alternative, but usually it is better to ambush your prey than to run at it covered in war paint and screaming its name at the top of your lungs from a mile away.
There are no exceptions, everyone should speak out. This is the exact kind of destructive posts mentioned earlier. It doesn’t make the slightest bit of sense.

I kinda skimmed over the last few posts because I dont think the lombardi thing has resolved, I think <3 came in with a huge post and changed the subject to <3 vs medi, which I think is probably a better discussion for day 2.
Aww… that wasn’t <3’s goal at all. What shall we discuss today?

<3: Sorry about asking you why you speak in the third person again, I must have missed where others had asked.
No prob sorry if <3 came off as a jerk, not his intent at all.
I also don't take offense to the connections you drew between me and medi being possibly mafia. Its a good thing that you're suspicious of everyone, and I really wish more people would suspect everyone.
No wonder four swords loves you!

Every time you post, it tries to be some day/game-changing post. I wonder how crazy you're going to get later on in the game, seeing as how this is only day 1! Sometimes crazy is good though.
The tone of that first sentence came off as though being day/game-changing is a negative thing. <3 is only trying to help…

I'm seeing a bad habit of you judging peoples' actions/role/side when you don't know their true motives. For example, earlier in the game you chose to label people who played along to your phrase plan as, "not mafia" which was done just to scare people into going along with it. If they didn't, you would've told the people who were quick to listen to you to vote on who didn't cooperate.
While you are right that is a bad habit of <3’s, splitting things in to groups. But the list is being taken out of context.
<3’s hypothesis is that there is a player that can not lie about their alignment.
Having people say they were town aligned was the test.
The list was made for <3 and others to keep track of who had already admitted their alignment, not proof that each person was indeed not mafia or a way to instill fear. An X would have worked <3 jazzed it up a few more characters.
Once the list (or more accurately the test) was complete the hypothesis would be proven either correct or wrong.

Very simple, very blown out of proportion, but for good reason.

Mediocre, spam master, and ender have defended themselves, and if your push for the "phrase" plan was any indication, I would say it's likely that you're going to stick to your accusations. If this is the case, I'd like to see your refute.
See above.

1. Next, I hope that if any of your foresights are true, that you won't say that you were right and should be followed for the rest of the game. I will hear you out, you can be sure of that, but don't expect me or anyone else to automatically assume that you'll be correct on your assumptions again.
<3? Never! As it said in <3’s posts, he doesn’t want to be followed, that is far from his goal, he wants to inspire discussion, and he wants people to think for themselves, although he’d hope his posts were taken a bit more welcomingly at that point.

I can't guess who other than yourself actually had this question come to mind when reading this post.
<3 can. (Answer: Mafia)

I'm not here to fill out a poll.
Why? You quote and respond to statements but not questions? <3 also loves how no one has even looked at the except you.

This sounds like a great rubric for the mafia, except the mafia would say, "getting them to fight is a great way for determining which townies we should get rid of first!"
Wow… wow… what is wrong with everyone? What are you so scared? If <3 has put his self out there this much can’t you at least meet his effort 1/10 of the way and ask a single question. We out number mafia by far <3 would imagine. Because of this the sooner we talk the better.
“That is exactly what the mafia would want you to think.”
No it isn’t! Look at the logic behind the arguments <3 are presenting not the way <3 is presenting them.

You make this sound like pointing fingers is a constructive way to contribute, which is not always the case as Mr. Lombardi has proven. That "permanent log of what been said and done" is the thread itself, whether or not we choose to go along with this. These questions could certainly ruin everything because someone's perception of other players may change during the game, and since they don't openly state so in the thread, people will quote what they said earlier and even though that's what they thought at the time they posted, it is in fact much different to what is going on in the person's mind.
Then post what you are thinking when you think it, a very easy way to solve that problem.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
No **** you

go read it
ur an ******* :) and I love eet

Well, it's my uncle's birthday!

Just to let you know...
what does that even mean?

<3, I gotta ask you, what is with all of these mutliquote paragraphs u keeping churning out?

I must admit, I have my suspicions of you for the most shallow of reasons, but mostly it's that you are paying really REALLY close attention to detail, something I see a lack of from other players. You continue to stress the fact that you are indeed a townie (probably because others keep challenging the fact otherwise), but you have to admit your behavior has just be a tad off.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
<3's behavior seems off for two reasons, his role and his playstyle. His role is one that requires him to speak in the third person, pointing directly toward the anti-town possibility of Misa. I believe <3 is fully aware of this looming suspicion, and attempts to steer clear of it by thoroughly explaining all of his actions and motives. That also incorporates its way into his playstyle, which is fairly accusatory and unabashed. He openly lists those of whom he is suspicious. <3 is very investigatory, and he constantly urges us to reread the thread and develop our own viewpoints.

For those last mentioned reasons, I am constantly reminding myself to ignore the obvious. I apologize to you, <3, but from the get-go, you have been guilty until proven innocent in my eyes. You speak in the third person. Misa speaks in the third person. That connection was the first I made in this game, and it is one that is constantly in the back of my mind. I'm not sure what your role is, but it's territory that comes with this price.

Egruntz, you are being ********. Assuming you are a townie, you have no reason to continue saying "This is Sparta" in ANY way, shape, or form. The only thing you are doing, and doing ADMITTEDLY, is mind gaming the general public. While this may seem beneficial to your own survival, let me assure you that by hindering our investigatory progress, you are only building a case against yourself. Why would you openly interfere with the process of clarifying who is who?

Omegawhitemage, I would like to see you defend yourself against the accusations and suspicions that <3 and KevinM have put upon you. I am becoming suspicious of you as well, because their logic is clear.

I'm going to make another post soon about my views on Mr. Lombardi's claim to be Jesus Christ, but here is my opinion in a nut-shell. All signs point to that he is NOT Jesus Christ... yet nobody has come out and stated they THEY are Christ, so we have to believe him.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
<3, I think my main problem with your play style is that you base such large and sweeping conclusions off so little evidence, much I pointed out that Lombardi was doing. Now, admittedly you have more and better evidence than Lombardi, and your conclusions don't contradict with each other.

Still, I'm bothered by a lot of the conclusions because they're so broad, and the evidence you have isn't really enough to justify them anything more than suspicion. I think that a lot of the players you mentioned are suspicious, but none are scummy enough that I'd seriously consider voting for them at this point.

Anyhow.

WRONG!!(thats size 5 so attention of non readers can be drawm here, lol.)
If you read my post, <3 is sure you did, and are just taking it completely out of context. <3's main reasoning is your non-contributing/anti-free thinking play style. Your stance needs very little clarification since everyone else who has read your posts already understands it. Again this is a rehashing of old information. If you feel <3 has over looked something you have added please.
Anti-free thinking? Hardly. Anti-ridiculous ideas, perhaps.

If there's some wacky idea that I think might work, I'll be behind it completely. Until then, I'm not planning to support strange ideas that are just as likely to help us as to hurt us.

Frist off, you point fingers. there are several posts were you call <3 suspicious in big long winded posts but add no new ideas as to why or how and let <3 go unvoted.
Calling someone suspicious is not pointing fingers. Almost everyone in this game is suspicious. Calling someone suspicious is simply saying that you find their actions odd, and that you plan to pay special attention to what they do.

It's not anything like pointing fingers, because it's nowhere near as strong as placing a vote. It's really a weak gesture, actually. I only did it because there were people voting for you, and I wanted to point out to them that nothing you'd done really warranted a vote, just extra attention.

Second there is very little to show for this valuable information you've accumulated. While this post was helpful:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3483413&postcount=267
Knowing roles and guessing what name fits on what side does very to pinpoint suspects. <3 was hard pressed to find many posts that offered new ideas to the game from you.
I haven't had many, but I've had my share. Maybe two or three. I'm not going to hunt around for them right now, because this seems to be a very weak point in any case.

It's very easy for a smart player to slip under the radar in a game this large. If I was mafia, I'd be hovering around the edges, casting votes and giving reasonable explanations for them. I wouldn't have posted any huge posts, because I know they attract attention, and that's bad for mafia players. I probably wouldn't be in this argument with you in the first place, because I wouldn't have done anything to separate me from the herd.

That's what I'd do if I were mafia. Not make huge, attention grabbing posts.

You obviously know the dangers. Why even let roleclaiming (as apposed to nameclaiming... or even better just a convincing argument) even be an option?
Because sometimes roleclaiming is necessary, to show that your actions match up with that of your role if you don't have a nameclaim that's good enough by itself. Or you might be able to roleclaim without nameclaiming, sparing the possibility of Kira's wrath.

There are quite a few reasons someone might want to nameclaim, although you seem to think that Lombardi shouldn't have done it, and I agree. All he needed was a nameclaim.

That is irrelevant and <3 loves how almost sure is enough for you now. Any intelligent player would see this and think "wow... what a horrible trap to catch the real JC"
Why are you insulting the intelligence of the people you're trying to persuade?

Seems like a bad move to me.

At worst the town gets a doctor down some other role down. (let <3 explain this one... <3 knows how you guys can be sometimes... If Lombardi is town but felt cornered enough to lie about his role to stay in the game picking one of the 1 out of the 2 of 30 characters Medi mentioned and the doctor calls him on it. wow.)
If Lombardi is town and desperate enough to fake a roleclaim, he's not playing the game right. I don't see how I can help that.

and thats even if kira isn't in the game. You talk about <3’s plans being high risk...
No, I talk about your plans being low risk, even lower reward. None of your plans thus far have been particularly high risk.

Then <3 dosen’t believe you’ve looked hard enough.
No, we just have different ideas of what makes a good and convincing argument. I've looked plenty, but I still don't agree.

That happens sometimes. It doesn't make the other guy stupid, or blind, it just makes him somebody who disagrees.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm posting this separately because I thought it was so odd, and I didn't want it to get lost in the bulk of my huge post up there.

<3 will spell it out further, he wants them to stop, he wants to see drastic changes in play styles. But <3 also don't want to hold back any of his thoughts from the community when he can. If <3 is going to draw attention to his self like this he might as well get everything off of his chest before he can't say anything else and his thoughts become useless.
NO.

It's fine for some things to be out in the open, even most things. But sometimes, you need to hide something from the other players in order to fool the mafia, because hey, guess what? They're reading this thread too.

Look back at the other games you've played, <3. You said you've always been mafia before, right? Well, when one of you got caught, some times (maybe even most of the time), it was because of one big mistake you'd made, and somebody caught you out on it. Some times, it was simply because they had to vote for somebody, they had no real leads and they got lucky.

But sometimes, a player goes back through the game, looks at all the posts a player has made, and uses that information to convince his fellow townies that they are scum. Or sometimes a mafia player makes a small mistake that's not ****ing, but is enough to attract the suspicions of another player. Then that player is on alert for a bigger mistake, or maybe even leads them into making a bigger mistake, and gets them lynched.

There are times for being honest, and then there are times for deception. This holds true no matter which side you're playing on.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok a couple of things before i address some other posts.

One Egruntz you just moved your self so high on my suspicions its not even funny, i'll get to that eventually.

Two can we get off the death note mafia. I actually have a feeling that because of the randomness of this game there could possible be only one character from every random thing. Putting in Kira, Misa and L idk doesn't sit well with me without evidence..

Misa is a good guess, but being entirely suspicious based off death note ideals when this isn't based on Deathnote... is tough

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
No **** you

go read it
Wow, that was rude. If fact, Vote: KevinM
Whether you're scum or not, your attitude is the reason I suspected you the whole game in Trigun, and almost didn't believe you in the end when it mattered. Be more considerate of others, if it's not a rule in this game, it should be.

That being said, defjam, you should at least skim through and read a couple of posts by each player to get some opinions for yourself. Though if someone who has read in depth could summarize the main points made, not only would it clarify some things for others who only have time to skim, it would give some more info on where you stand. It's not like we have to believe everything said.

And, I believe Lombardi is telling the truth. If I was mafia, I wouldn't blatantly pick a role that could easily be counterclaimed, when there are so many roles out there that would possibly make sense. Granted, Jesus would be slightly useful to get out there, but still, not a very intelligent way to go at it. Everyone knows that Jesus would get an extra life anyways.

To tell you the truth, I think the most accurate depiction of the role would have been to make Jesus a Martyr role (sees night kills and opts to give his life instead of one of them) who becomes a Stump the next day (can't vote, counts as dead, but can post all he wants). Regardless, I think Lombardi's claim could work, basically a bodyguard who revives once.

I don't think it's odd that townies would unvote after seeing his claim, as they would feel that they were wrong about him if only because that role is one that has been confirmed as in the game. But people that bandwagoned him and then debandwagoned him with little reason could be mafia trying to blend in.

Another thing I wanted to point out. I don't think <3 is mafia at all. For that matter, not Mediocre either. I can't see why someone would spend that much time, gather that much attention, and go that much in depth unless they were town and committed to winning. I must admit, I haven't been putting much effort into this game at all, mostly because I just joined as an afterthought and I saw that a couple of people I played with before were playing and didn't want to be left out. Sure, we shouldn't just blindly believe someone because they make big posts and are putting themself out in the open, but it is odd when you see some of the big posters accusing each other.
Anyways, that's what I think so far.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
HAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHA

I laughed so hard at your first couple paragraphs i couldn't read the rest. I'm sorry i'll try again later.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah ok.. i think you should probably unvote before idk.. you seem dumber then you do right now?

You're a real fool voting for someone for being a jerk.

Look Def signed up for a TEXT based mafia game.. and he doesn't want to read and catch up on important posts. No **** him he can go read it and form his own opinions. Now suck it up, we're all old enough to take criticism. The rest of your paragraphs are at least trying to be solid and logic based so think before you speak.

Ok i'll get to what i wanted to say when its finished being typed out

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between criticism, and just plain cussing at someone and being a jerk. I happen to know defjam in RL, so that's why I'm overreacting, but still try to be more respectful.
Unvote: KevinM I know being a jerk has nothing to do with mafia, but still... it's a game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
<3, I agree with Mediocre that you shouldn't try to find so many suspicions in people at once. If you are on to something and the mafia does kill you who should we examine? Which of the 10 people you found suspicous are mafia?

DF, I don't agree that making a large post makes you more likely to be town. Jiano frequently made large post in Trigun.

Kevin, you might think it's alright to be so harsh but you're only hurting your chances of people believing your arguments later on. When it comes down to it and two people are on different sides of an issue who do you think they will listen to? The guy who's been nice or the jerk who called them dumb? Just because we are "old enough" doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I know you want to get off the topic of "Death Note Mafia", but I'm not going to put it out of my head. We know that there's Kira in this game, right? And then we know that in Death Note, one of Kira's helpers speaks in the third person. And then <3 speaks in third person.

It shouldn't kill you to admit there is applicable suspicion.

And I swear, it doesn't make sense that Mr. Lombardi is Jesus Christ! When you think about it, its one of the only roles we know, and when he is pressured into a corner, he roleclaims it. And then the role he described doesn't even fit Jesus' capabilities imo. I know if I were Eor, I would have made Jesus resurrect-able if he were lynched by a mob... because thats what happened, historically.

The only reason I have to assume he is Jesus Christ is because nobody else has come out and counter-claimed him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Chill said:
Kevin, you might think it's alright to be so harsh but you're only hurting your chances of people believing your arguments later on. When it comes down to it and two people are on different sides of an issue who do you think they will listen to? The guy who's been nice or the jerk who called them dumb? Just because we are "old enough" doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful.
I haven't been disrespectful all game, i find it disrespectful that you would sign up for a game of this magnitude.. and decide you don't feel like reading it. You just took a spot of someone who may have wanted to play and been active and read all the posts.

Sorry if i came off as harsh but i don't apologize for what i said, he needs to read it for himself.

Tom are we even sure Kira is a role? I mean its highly possible because it was said in the beginning, but you never know. I mean like i said again your suspicions warrant merit, but i just hate sticking to what seems to be that one possibility sometime.

The fact that we said you need a role like Jesus Christ to role claim this away.. and he happens to be Jesus Christ is kind of a <_< to me. But no one has counter claimed.. and thats pretty important.

Florida

イーグランツ
[B
Egruntz, you are being ********. Assuming you are a townie, you have no reason to continue saying "This is Sparta" in ANY way, shape, or form. The only thing you are doing, and doing ADMITTEDLY, is mind gaming the general public. While this may seem beneficial to your own survival, let me assure you that by hindering our investigatory progress, you are only building a case against yourself. Why would you openly interfere with the process of clarifying who is who?
Let me make it known that I'm trying to draw attention to myself; however, you townies shouldn't worry about me. What I'm doing will help out the town, and I can assure you that. My role, I see as, isn't meant to be effective while I'm still around. My role is something that the Mafia should fear, definitely.

You townies shouldn't lynch me. You Mafia members should kill me over night, though, so I can take one of you down with me.

One Egruntz you just moved your self so high on my suspicions its not even funny, i'll get to that eventually.
^.^

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
There are so many bad things that can now happen because Lombardi panicked. It is a pretty bad plan, but it's so unlikely to actually work that makes me think that Lombardi may actually be telling the truth. Then I'm also thinking that since this is Lombardi's first game(I think he stated earlier), that he may have thought that it could've worked. If it does work, it'll only be because spam master, mediocre, and others have asked Jesus Christ to show himself.

Another thing that people seem to be ignoring is that even if the real Jesus Christ DOES show himself, what will we do then? Most likely, the real Jesus and Lombardi will both die, which just sucks.

Which is why my thoughts on spam masters request of Jesus revealing himself echoed yours:
Who would ever do that though… seriously?
The tone of that first sentence came off as though being day/game-changing is a negative thing. <3 is only trying to help…
Don't get me wrong, your attempts do often annoy me, but in a good way, as it makes me go back through the thread to try to get a better understanding of everything.

While you are right that is a bad habit of <3’s, splitting things in to groups. But the list is being taken out of context.
<3’s hypothesis is that there is a player that can not lie about their alignment.
Having people say they were town aligned was the test.
The list was made for <3 and others to keep track of who had already admitted their alignment, not proof that each person was indeed not mafia or a way to instill fear. An X would have worked <3 jazzed it up a few more characters.
Once the list (or more accurately the test) was complete the hypothesis would be proven either correct or wrong.

Very simple, very blown out of proportion, but for good reason.
I had to ask just to make sure, but it looks like you saw where I was coming from.

Why? You quote and respond to statements but not questions? <3 also loves how no one has even looked at the except you.
(For those who are lost, this was in response of me refusing to fill out <3's poll)

Mediocre summed it up perfectly.
I'm posting this separately because I thought it was so odd, and I didn't want it to get lost in the bulk of my huge post up there.

NO.

It's fine for some things to be out in the open, even most things. But sometimes, you need to hide something from the other players in order to fool the mafia, because hey, guess what? They're reading this thread too.

There are times for being honest, and then there are times for deception. This holds true no matter which side you're playing on.
Wow… wow… what is wrong with everyone? What are you so scared? If <3 has put his self out there this much can’t you at least meet his effort 1/10 of the way and ask a single question.We out number mafia by far <3 would imagine. Because of this the sooner we talk the better.
“That is exactly what the mafia would want you to think.”
No it isn’t! Look at the logic behind the arguments <3 are presenting not the way <3 is presenting them.
When I read someone's post, I look at it from their point of view. While I did say something along the lines of what you quoted, I was mainly saying that because there are other things to worry about right now. Mr. Lombardi's claim could've really ****ed things up(above in my first response to your post). There are many bad situations that I'm thinking could now happen because of his claim, so that's whats really getting at me. There are other things on my mind right now, but I think that's what sticks out the most.

Wow… wow… what is wrong with everyone? What are you so scared? If <3 has put his self out there this much can’t you at least meet his effort 1/10 of the way and ask a single question.
I know I quoted this above, but I wanted this to stand out. Don't think just because I haven't been giving out new ideas like you have, that I haven't evaluated everything and come up with my own ideas of what's really going on. You act like the more questions you ask, the more you contribute. While this may be the case sometimes, it also puts pressure on the people you've accused, which will, in turn, cause them to post differently than they would have by being extra careful. I'd rather have them post naturally so I can get a sense of what their motives are.

Then post what you are thinking when you think it, a very easy way to solve that problem.
Not everything is worth posting. If someone says something that made me change my mind about them, I'm not going to post in the thread saying something like, "hey, you're all right". Not only that, but I'd like to post in agreeing with other posters because I think they have a good point, not because I'm sure that someone is going to try to stab me in the heart later on in the game.

There are exceptions to this though, like if smashbot suddenly started posting with his power.

Let me make it known that I'm trying to draw attention to myself; however, you townies shouldn't worry about me. What I'm doing will help out the town, and I can assure you that. My role, I see as, isn't meant to be effective while I'm still around. My role is something that the Mafia should fear, definitely.

You townies shouldn't lynch me. You Mafia members should kill me over night, though, so I can take one of you down with me.

^.^
A sequel to the Mr. Lombardi flop.

Florida

イーグランツ
^.^

The way I see it, the only way I can truly lose at this game, is if I'm lynched.
Lynch me if you must, but don't just base your theories off of my "stupiditiy". I could seriously help you people out here.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
^.^

The way I see it, the only way I can truly lose at this game, is if I'm lynched.
Lynch me if you must, but don't just base your theories off of my "stupiditiy". I could seriously help you people out here.
You might want to stop doing this kind of stuff. Nobody has really gone after you yet, so if you want to avoid being lynched stop being so confrontational and just let it go.

If you get lynched or forced into a roleclaim because of this, it's your own **** fault, not anybody else's. So, please, just stop now before anybody decides to really go after you.

Florida

イーグランツ
I don't plan on role / name claiming, despite the situation that I may get into.
The current situation I'm getting myself into is very intentional. I know what I'm doing; and as I said, don't worry about it.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
It looks obvious to me that egruntz doesn't care if the town succeeds at all, he just cares that he isn't lynched. This stance sounds like something an independent would want. Anyone agree?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Ok just to restate my ideas

Notice he says YOU townies, not you guys or something like that. Does this signify that he is separate or even different from the others? I think so

^.^

Lynch me if you must, but don't just base your theories off of my "stupiditiy". I could seriously help you people out here..
Here egruntz is basically telling me "whatever you do, just don't lynch me!". This tells me that he isn't working for the greater good, helping the town win. Instead it looks like he doesn't care what happens to the town, he just cares that he lives through the game

Wow first multiquote post yay!

Anyway, right now i have to say

unvote: Mr.lombardi
FOS: egruntz

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
In games like these I tend to make a puzzle out of myself, just for pleasure. I intentionally draw attention toward my direction. Even though that goes against what I just said in the paragraph above. spartaspartasparta.
You're asking for a lynchin'.
Look Def signed up for a TEXT based mafia game.. and he doesn't want to read and catch up on important posts. No **** him he can go read it and form his own opinions. Now suck it up, we're all old enough to take criticism. The rest of your paragraphs are at least trying to be solid and logic based so think before you speak.
What you said can easily be seen as an insult even if it wasn't, and if someone calls you out on it you should be more respectful. Only an idiot and a hypocrite doesn't take criticism; especially when he himself wants others to learn from their own criticism.

I lol'd at your earlier post, by the way.
And I swear, it doesn't make sense that Mr. Lombardi is Jesus Christ! When you think about it, its one of the only roles we know, and when he is pressured into a corner, he roleclaims it.
I think this actually helps his case. Think about it. He could have role claimed anyone, and he chose Jesus. Wouldn't it have been safer for him to have chosen some random guy? I can say that from looking at my own role these characters can get quite wild.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hey, there's a lot of posting going on.

<3: Thanks for calling me smart! But this is my first mafia game, I'm sure I'll mess up enough so that I'm not intimidating.

As for the thing with Mediocre, the explanation is pretty complicated and boring but here it is. The reason I claimed was because I didn't want people thinking "Oh, so he just comes up with an equally ridiculous reason not to claim, maybe he's mafia and really can't." And I didn't disagree with his motion to stop claiming because it seemed like a good idea, I hadn't thought about how Ronike (I think it was him) just saying "Town," in his post may not count as a real claim, and then you told him to say "I am town." so I figured that might be the exact phrase, but then it seemed like it could just be any positive claim.

Also, one of the primary reasons I suspected you (and still do) is because you had a plan that was big and noticeable but really probably wouldn't do anything for the town, and I had just read that doing stuff like that is a common tactic mafia use to appear town. And you're still doing the same stuff with "encouraging discussion" and telling other people to look back and make their own decisions. I figure people will do that or not based on if they really want to. Also, MAYBE YOU ASKED US ALL THOSE QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU NEED US TO ANSWER THOSE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS TO KILL US!!! But anyway, I'm glad that some real stuff seems to be happening now so we don't have to talk about things with absurdly low chances of working or being right.

As for recent events, I have no idea what egruntz is doing. I think it's some kind of insane bluff. He obviously wants us to think he is Leonidas, and I can see how what claims to be his role powers fit twith that. Leonidas died at Thermopylae, and he knew he would, but he and the rest of the Greeks took down more than their fair share of the enemy.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Look back at the other games you've played, <3. You said you've always been mafia before, right? Well, when one of you got caught, some times (maybe even most of the time), it was because of one big mistake you'd made, and somebody caught you out on it. Some times, it was simply because they had to vote for somebody, they had no real leads and they got lucky.

But sometimes, a player goes back through the game, looks at all the posts a player has made, and uses that information to convince his fellow townies that they are scum. Or sometimes a mafia player makes a small mistake that's not ****ing, but is enough to attract the suspicions of another player. Then that player is on alert for a bigger mistake, or maybe even leads them into making a bigger mistake, and gets them lynched.

In <3's older mafia game. Omakaru, what ever his name was, copied enders opening PM. and put a star for each character of each mafia members name, (*************** instead of pokemonmaster01, etc.) he said he was mafia and decided it was a good idea to get himself lynched because he had to stop playing. "Smart mafia" aren't going to make so huge mistakes easily and readily noticeable, ever. So waiting for them to do so and voting for random people because their ideas/logic are flawed will get you no where. Well... dead.
If you'll go back and read <3's threads (<3 has read through all of suspects he's listed and then some) you'll see that he was the most active of the community, drew probably the most attention and was able to sway votes because of it. One of the percs of being out in the open and mafia is that you don't have to worry about getting night killed by mafia.
In this game <3 almost wants to get night killed so he doesn't have to post anymore (thats a joke), and the topic will get off of death note, his stance alignment will be relatively proven, and his posts will be taken a bit more seriously since <3 accurately predicted a mafia kill.

On an unrelated note <3 wants to point out the huge flaws of name and role claiming in a game like this (well... every game)
-You don't know a roles/names alignment
-There may be multiples of the same role/name
-Roles/names can be forged

The risk is crazy high with almost zero reward since you can't even say for certain a particular role is correctly aligned. <3 doesn't understand how role/name claiming is ever good. Think you guys may feel from this fast food mafia that it is a strong way to prove alignments, the only reason this worked out is because mafia starter picked out a very recognizable pattern and stuck with it when siding roles. After seeing Eor's The Thing game, <3 knows that won't happen here.

<3 will respond to other posts later. Life calls.

Florida

イーグランツ
As I said, I've got it all worked out. If I'm killed by the mafia, then I'll take one of them down with me. They could either see that as a bluff, kill me, and lose one of their own; or they could leave me be, keeping me safe until / if I get lynched. But seriously, I don't get you guys.

You guys accuse me of being suspicious, saying that I'm not active enough and that my posts are hardly descriptive. When I actually try to get more active with the game, you all tell me to GTFO unless I want to be lynched. I'll do what I'll do, regardless if I get lynched or not.

And Flipstar is right, I hardly care if I win or lose. However, I'm trying my best to help out the town.

necessary

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well you have pretty much said you AREN'T town, which probably means you will get in the way. you've already revealed that if the mafia night kills you, one of them will die also, so why the F would they wanna try now. all you are doing is getting in the way of the townies. you are actually doing the mafia a favor causing people to get distracted or forget/overlook other suspicious things with your actions.

Im almost ready to vote for egruntz, as I had my eye on him in my last post before this stuff even came out, but Id like to read a few other opinions on egruntz behavior before we do anything.

Florida

イーグランツ
ender said:
you are actually doing the mafia a favor causing people to get distracted or forget/overlook other suspicious things with your actions.
I've warned you guys plenty of times that you shouldn't waste your time on me.

Florida

イーグランツ
Actually, after re-reading through my role, I learned that if I'm lynched I can take some sort of action as well; though it'd most likely go against you town folk.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I also looked at my role a bit again, and it turns out that if anyone votes for me they die that night, and also if the mafia tries to nightkill me they will most likely die instead, either that or kill their entire team. Good thing I went back and re-read my role, because why would I pay attention the first time I read the most important thing for the start of the game?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Actually, after re-reading through my role, I learned that if I'm lynched I can take some sort of action as well; though it'd most likely go against you town folk.
ok wow what a load of crap. It's obvious that your either independent or mafia, i mean how can you not remember that part of a roll until not, that's just ridiculous. Moreover, you even say this when people are accusing you of being independent. what's worse is that you threaten us by saying i will go against you town folk. Coincidence that you find this about your roll at the same time people accuse you of being independent? I think not

vote:egruntz

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I also looked at my role a bit again, and it turns out that if anyone votes for me they die that night, and also if the mafia tries to nightkill me they will most likely die instead, either that or kill their entire team. Good thing I went back and re-read my role, because why would I pay attention the first time I read the most important thing for the start of the game?
I like your post better than mine ^.^

Florida

イーグランツ
ok wow what a load of crap. It's obvious that your either independent or mafia, i mean how can you not remember that part of a roll until not, that's just ridiculous. Moreover, you even say this when people are accusing you of being independent. what's worse is that you threaten us by saying i will go against you town folk. Coincidence that you find this about your roll at the same time people accuse you of being independent? I think not

vote:egruntz
In what way did I threaten the town? All I've said is that my role has an effect that will most likely hurt the town. It's my fault that I didn't catch this before, yes, but not enough reason for you to kill your dog over. It was a simple warning, lynch me and possibly some valuable townies will be killed.

In the end, it'll all turn out to who I am most suspicious of, or maybe if I just don't like them.

I like your post better than mine ^.^
You're right, his post is much more sarcastic and fun.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never heard of an ability that lets you do something after you've been killed by a lynch, so I'm thinking that it may be a bluff, as people are getting prepared to vote for you.

I'm another person who's 100% certain that Egruntz isn't a townie, but I'm debating whether or not he'd be a hinderence in the long run. If he's not a hinderence, I don't see the need to go after him until later in the game.

Also, this "Possibly" stuff is pointless, as possibly doesn't mean anything. There's a possibility that I could spontaneously combust right now, but I won't.

No vote for now, but if you continue to post in the same way it'll result in a vote from me.

FOS: Egruntz

Florida

イーグランツ
I've never heard of an ability that lets you do something after you've been killed by a lynch, so I'm thinking that it may be a bluff, as people are getting prepared to vote for you.

I'm another person who's 100% certain that Egruntz isn't a townie, but I'm debating whether or not he'd be a hinderence in the long run. If he's not a hinderence, I don't see the need to go after him until later in the game.

Also, this "Possibly" stuff is pointless, as possibly doesn't mean anything. There's a possibility that I could spontaneously combust right now, but I won't.

No vote for now, but if you continue to post in the same way it'll result in a vote from me.

FOS: Egruntz
Alright, let me explain the "possibly".
After I'm lynched, people WILL die. Those people could possibly be valuable town members, or possibly mafia.

Yeah, I'm definitely meant to die, with this role.

Top Bottom