• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

smashbot226

Smash Master
:/

That post redcell posted has me thinking...

No it really has.

It DOES may him seem scummy, but since camo man is so quick on agreeing with him...

I bet Mr. Lombardi is mafia. And I'm giving camo man the FOS!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't think smashbot is mafia, although so far I haven't seen him do anything that's helped the town either.

I just think he doesn't put much thought or effort into his posts. That's not a good thing, but it certainly doesn't make him mafia.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he's playing dumb on purpose? I still think he's acting too dumb for his own good.

still fos: smashbot

vote:mr.lombardi

Lombardi looks scummy, and for all i know smashbot REALLY isn't putting effort in his posts/thinking

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Axemangx, double secret probation to you. Do not edit a post again, you will be modkilled if you continue

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Could he just be forcibly replaced if he messes up again?

Also, I don't think camo-man agreed with me per se, since our posts are only a few minutes apart he was probably writing his before he read mine. But what he said was in line with what I was saying, that Lombardi's saying he has a powerful town role doesn't mean much in his defense.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Could he just be forcibly replaced if he messes up again?
You know, that's a much better possibility then modkilling. And it's rather obvious, too. Why haven't we thought of that before?

Change of rules, forcefully replaced. Modkilling will only occur when no replacements turn up.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashbot, I agree whole-heartedly with Kevin.
Shut up.
You're not funny.
My vote stands.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I don't want to vote for Lombardi because he is at least trying to create conversation. I don't think it's fair to say he is making too many assumptions when we spent 6 pages talking about <3 being Kira. Did <3 confirm he was <3? No, so that is as much a assumption as anythinkg Lombardi said.

In addition not only did Lombardi try to find someone suspicous he tried to mkae connections between players this is something you just said we should be doing on the last page! (12) it's not fair to punish someone for actually trying to play the game. The only legitimate suspicion I've seen is how quickly he backed off (someone said that could point to manipulation) aside from that I haven't seen anything worth the bandwagon voting.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Sorry I haven't posted today, my parents grounded me for not turning in a college application on time, so I had to sneak down to the computer after they were asleep.

Anyway, first of all who offers to nameclaim when they only have 1/3 of the required votes and when it has been hypothesized that nameclaiming might get you killed? The fact that he panicked with so few votes on him in comparison to the amount required and on Day One leads me to belief that the role hes gonna claim will be false or it will be a known powertown role so as to draw out a counter claim.

Also, It's so scummy when people say "if you vote for me you'll be sorry" but I think that really doesn't say much about his alignment because hes so new. If he was a town power role I feel like he'd say that, but then again it could be a mafia bluff, I think the chances are roughly equal so I'm gonna consider that neutral. I think of it as like when somebody votes for themselves as a joke or to express their aggravation, in vets its scummy but you can't really tell when it comes to new people.

Its just annoying to have Dark_Ermak all over again <_<
That is exactly what I thought about Axemangx.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
You know, that's a much better possibility then modkilling. And it's rather obvious, too. Why haven't we thought of that before?

Change of rules, forcefully replaced. Modkilling will only occur when no replacements turn up.
Well, I think in the late game in should probably be cause for a modkill. For instance, someone makes a game-losing mistake in one of their posts. They could just edit it out of their post and accept their status as being replaced while their team goes on to win, but a modkill would punish the team for that kind of behaviour. But then I have no idea where that line should be drawn in terms of when "late game" starts, but I just don't think it's fair for a team to lose a whole player so early when it's just an issue of them getting used to not be able to edit.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
UnVote: Spam Master
Vote: Smash Bot

That's my final vote for this day. I distrust him. His goofy antics may just be him being himself, but it could always be deeper than that.

And yes i Do read the arguements I had to choose a side, either Lombardi or Spam Master. looks like I shoulda ignored my gut on that one. either way, Down with Smash bot.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't want to vote for Lombardi because he is at least trying to create conversation. I don't think it's fair to say he is making too many assumptions when we spent 6 pages talking about <3 being Kira. Did <3 confirm he was <3? No, so that is as much a assumption as anythinkg Lombardi said.

In addition not only did Lombardi try to find someone suspicous he tried to mkae connections between players this is something you just said we should be doing on the last page! (12) it's not fair to punish someone for actually trying to play the game. The only legitimate suspicion I've seen is how quickly he backed off (someone said that could point to manipulation) aside from that I haven't seen anything worth the bandwagon voting.
Anyway, first of all who offers to nameclaim when they only have 1/3 of the required votes and when it has been hypothesized that nameclaiming might get you killed? The fact that he panicked with so few votes on him in comparison to the amount required and on Day One leads me to belief that the role hes gonna claim will be false or it will be a known powertown role so as to draw out a counter claim.
I see both sides of the argument, as I agree with Chill that Mr. Lombardi doesn't seem to be mafia, but his weird posts just really throw me off. It's just that I really don't think that Mr. Lombardi is mafia, if he was/is, he would've/should've been a lot smoother with his posts. Then again, Mr. Lombardi has been really sloppy with his posts, making ridiculous assumptions out of nothing with his overambitious attacks and even a few unconscious contradictions. This makes me want to get rid of him now because I think that he will make some disastrous decisions later on in the game.

Then again, as smashbot and axemangx keep posting, I just keep thinking

I want you dead so bad

Not in a scummy way

in an omg please stop talking way
because axemangx doesn't seem to really know how to go about the game right, and I just can't take smashbot seriously. It's almost to the point where I don't care if they're town, I just want to get rid of them because they haven't, and don't seem like they're able to contribute to these discussions. A noncontributing townie is better than a dead one though, which is the only reason I haven't gone after these 2. That's not to say that I'm convinced that they are townie, but that they haven't done anything suspicious enough for me to vote them yet.

So yeah, it's between Mr. Lombardi, axemangx, and smashbot, but I just want to wait to see what happens, because it's a bit of a standstill right now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I've been traveling between Tennessee and Georgia, and I have some more traveling to do soon, but I've been keeping up with my reading. :) This has been quite a day 1. My opinions are as follows:

I wish we had a better idea of what kind of powers were in this game :(

Mr. Lombardi: I don't know if you're Mafia or not. You've been very active in the conversations, which we all know to be a double-edged blade. You're able to keep the game alive, but at the same time, you draw a lot of attention to yourself. Yet, coupled with the way you've threatened a roleclaim and... well, haven't really defended yourself well, you haven't really averted suspicion. Mine included.

<3: Why are you talking like that? I may have missed an explanation for this while reading the whole topic, but... if you didn't speak in the third person all the time, I would have absolutely no reason to suspect you at all. Have you explained why you talk in the third person?

Axemang: You're not being very smart. =/

smashbot: You're not being very smart. =/

spammaster: You're not being very smart. =/

KevinM: I don't think you're Mafia, as all you're posts have pretty much made good sense.

Well, I think thats it. For now, I'm simply going to FOS: Mr. Lombardi. I don't think he's done enough to warrant my vote, but then again, it is day 1. Day 1 sucks.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Alright, if the town is to beleive me because I have a pro town role, It can hurt no more to claim it. I am basically not all that powerful, just a watered down docter:

My role is Jesus Christ! I can chose to protect someone every night. However, if that person is targetted by someone, I will die in their place. The next day after that though, I will come back to life. I will only come back from it once, though.

There you go now that I've had to claim. I am terrible at this game all in all, I usually have the habbit of blowing it on Day 1. I am not as powerful as you may have thought, but you will probably want to keep me around. Of course, thanks to this claim, I will likely be nightkilled, but I would rather not be lynched and try to actually get a mafiat. I suppose I'm taking one for the team.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I had nothing to lose. If I didn't get lynched and didn't claim, the mafia would think I had this awesome role anway and instantly kill me. This role is not that great, and I would rather not come close and waste more time on myself when we could be going for one of those more suspicious.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, I agree that he shouldn't have claimed yet, but other people have often doomed themselves by not claiming until it is too late. I don't really blame him for jumping the gun.

Assuming that nobody counters his claim, I think he's pretty much guaranteed that he won't be lynched today, although he's probably significantly heightened his chances of getting nightkilled, whether by Kira or by the mafia. If there's another doctor character out there, you should certainly consider protecting him, because as of now he seems to be the most likely target.

It's not impossible that Jesus Christ is an independent, but I personally think it is very unlikely. So, unless somebody counterclaims, I think we can drop Lombardi for now.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Awww. Well that puts an end to that. I'm not voting for him with that nameclaim unless someone counters it.

Though really, Ergrunz (sp?) has caught my attention of late. He doesn't post except to vote, and there's no discussion behind it. I'm not saying he's mafia; he could just be lazy.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh, yeah. Unless someone counterclaims, I might as well

Unvote: Mr.Lombardi34

I agree that egruntz hasn't been very helpful, but that's true about a lot of players in this game right now. It really doesn't make him scummy, or even suspicious.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I agree but I'm gonna wait a while to see if we get a counter-claim.

If you are the real jesus, you must 100% counterclaim, no matter how powerful your role is.

If someone counter-claims I'm of the opinion that we absolutely must lynch one of the two, If we get a mafia day one we've essentailly cut the amount of suspects in half. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get a claim, but I think we can all agree though that he was acting like a mafiat.

Unvote: mr. lombardi

In other news, Tom, you can suck a big one. For someone who hasn't contributed AT ALL you have alot of stones to say that I am "not being very smart". I had the best argument based on evidence for finding a mafia player and all of my logic was sound. Unless you back up your assertion of my incompetence, you have officially made my "Pretentious Prick Sh*tlist".

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
In other news, Tom, you can suck a big one. For someone who hasn't contributed AT ALL you have alot of stones to say that I am "not being very smart". I had the best argument based on evidence for finding a mafia player and all of my logic was sound. Unless you back up your assertion of my incompetence, you have officially made my "Pretentious Prick Sh*tlist".
I've found it doesn't really help to cast aspersions on any player, although I've certainly been guilty of doing that in Trigun mafia.

I definitely agree that you've contributed to the game, however, and I'm really not sure why Tom thinks otherwise. I found your argument to be very logical and compelling, even though it seems to have turned out to be incorrect.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I guess the role claim makes sense, but of course mafia can fake roll claim, so we will be watching you lombardi

unvote:lombardi

camo-man

Smash Cadet
A valid counterclaim would be really nice right now... ^o^

And yea. XD So who's our next target? I really don't think we have much on smashbot... he just acted stupid once. That doesn't make him mafia automatically by my standards. I dunno about you guys though....

I got an idea...

Vote: camo-man

He be nubcaek!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
****, I forgot to respond to this.

If you are the real jesus, you must 100% counterclaim, no matter how powerful your role is.

If someone counter-claims I'm of the opinion that we absolutely must lynch one of the two, If we get a mafia day one we've essentailly cut the amount of suspects in half. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get a claim, but I think we can all agree though that he was acting like a mafiat.
Yeah, if somebody else is Jesus Christ they really ought to counterclaim, because even though you'll probably die you'll doom a mafia member by doing so. There are fewer mafia members than there are town, so this sacrifice will almost definitely be worth it.

I really can't think of any sort of ability that would be worth more to the town than a dead mafia. Then again, I'm not the most experienced mafia player, so maybe there is. Someone who is more familiar might be able to educate me on this subject.

spam_master, I don't think it makes sense to lynch anybody but Lombardi if there's a counter claim. Because a mafia member is generally worth so much more than a townie, there's no way they'd be willing to sacrifice one of their own in order to get one townie kill. It always makes sense to assume that at least one person in the mafia would have the intelligence to see this, and would dissuade his comrades from carrying out that kind of plan. It's really bad for the mafia no matter how it turns out.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: Lombardi

I guess I'll wait a little while, see what people have to say about the roleclaim and voice my opinion after that.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I don't really buy Lombardi's role claim. Mediocre told him that he would need a good nameclaim, either Jesus or Leonidas, and lo and behold he's Jesus. Maybe that was just a lucky break.

But before, he kept going on about his "power role" that was important for the town. His role powers are actually crap. Unless "power role" just means "not vanilla." And he nameclaimed when, by my count, he still needed seven more votes on him. I mean, he was just champing at the bit to nameclaim as soon as he had a few votes on him. I don't think he's revealed his true role, whether he's not Jesus or he actually is but hasn't revealed his full powers.

I think this may all just be a plot to get the real Jesus to nameclaim for some reason. There may be some kind of Judas or Pontius Pilate or Satan or Masonry of Jews roles that win or benefit when they kill him.

That being said, unless a counterclaim comes up we can still move on from Lombardi. But I'll still be looking for suspicious behaviour from him and if he makes another big dumb move like before I won't excuse it because of his roleclaim.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
spam master, honest to god, that was a mistake on my part. I believe I had started by typing everyones names out, and then began to write paragraphs before I finished writing the names. I then just filled in the rest of the names with "you're not being smart", thinking I had left only the people who weren't actually being smart. =/

looking back on the situation, I meant to copy and paste what I said about KevinM, to you as well.

in other news, if we assume Lombardi isn't JC, we should just wait it out, for the real JC to post countering him. If we assume Lombardi is JC, then I hope we have another doctor role to help him out.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
A valid counterclaim would be really nice right now... ^o^

And yea. XD So who's our next target? I really don't think we have much on smashbot... he just acted stupid once. That doesn't make him mafia automatically by my standards. I dunno about you guys though....

I got an idea...

Vote: camo-man

He be nubcaek!
Vote:camo-man

If there is one thing that drives me nuts it's self voters. If everybody else can vote for smashbot because hes an idiot then I should get to vote for camo.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
spam master, honest to god, that was a mistake on my part. I believe I had started by typing everyones names out, and then began to write paragraphs before I finished writing the names. I then just filled in the rest of the names with "you're not being smart", thinking I had left only the people who weren't actually being smart. =/

looking back on the situation, I meant to copy and paste what I said about KevinM, to you as well.

in other news, if we assume Lombardi isn't JC, we should just wait it out, for the real JC to post countering him. If we assume Lombardi is JC, then I hope we have another doctor role to help him out.
Oh ok, I can understand that.

Top Bottom