• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I can understand the suspicion around <3, but why are people focusing on KevinM? Is it something Lambardi said, or did I miss something he posted?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Oh that remains to be my standpoint as of now. Kira is a powerful role, so he steps back and only posts as to not appear a lurker (and defend misa), while misa goes out in the open and gets information in whatever way she does.

<3 went out and told everyone to claim town for some odd reason that I still know to not be as it appears. I believe that that somehow would tie in to how misa gets people's roles. KevinM lies low and only acts as casual support when <3 is suspected. Then, once misa has somehow gotten her information, she tells kira and he night/day kills whoever he can.

I'm not even trying to speculate about roles, I don't watch deathnote, it's just that the way people talk of misa and kira fits perfectly into the situation with Kevin and <3, and that isn't even considering the 3rd person tie-in!

Is that enough of a point for you ender (and anyone else who was shocked at my suspicion).

This whole thing just fits together well enough for me to not even want to take the chance. I am almost fully sure of KevinM being his partner, as opposed to the other supporters of <3 who defended more openly (wheras Kevin stayed hidden about it and remained general with his defences).

I am not entirely sure which of the two to vote for. For now I will wait for responses to decide. As for <3 AND KevinM, I would like to see your response to my accusation. Especially you, kevinM..

-Lombardi
Yeah, it was a thing I started, plus his reponse to this was strange.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Everyone has posted roughly 7 times in the last three days. There are a few exceptions, but not many. I have a good judge of who is active and who is not, and I'm not going to let this get bogged down because people are inactive. Some people only post twice a day, there is nothing wrong with that. If it gets to the point where there is a problem, I will deal with it.

Edit: Bah, meant to quote Medio, but wrote over it. This is dealing with the activity

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Crap, I can't believe I missed sign ups, I kept waiting for them to appear, and then I totally miss them the day it happesn, put me down as a replacement.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm growing less suspicious of <3's affiliations, though I do question his motives. I'm beginning to think that Lombardi was first onto the right track, but in the wrong direction...

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
<3 said:
Mr.Lombardi34 said:
There you go again kevinM, defending <3. You always just seem to try to dismiss any possibilty that <3 is dangerous in a seemingly useless post. I've observed that twice in a row, plus <3 could be misa and you could be kira. You don't want <3 to die so you try and defend him without being suspicious. FOS KevinM.
God thank you! Took long enough, but this is what people should be looking doing; finding alliances and then shoving them out into the open for everyone to observe and respond to. But for the record he is far from the only one...
By <3's own admission, there seems to be a connection here, but I'm wondering if it's a mafia connection. Savvy?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm gonna give one more quick evaluation here, plus I have a new suspect.

<3: He is weird, but after hearing more about misa, doesn't really seem like a bad person. I say again though, he was tring to do SOMETHING with that claiming thing. I'm keeping a close eye here.

Possible Roles (with a new one):

Scum: Tera, Misa
Town: Dobby, the house elf from harry potter (always talks in third person AND beats himself up when he lies).

Axemangx: You and kevinM are the same way. You post to not lurk. You never contributed anything at all, and, immedietly after I posted my big arguement, you jumped right on. Most in-experienced scum will most liekely do this, just because it takes attention away from them. FOS: Axemangx

KevinM: "Of the three I have witnessed, it is you who I fear most of all!"-Scrooge. Kevin, I have taken away a bit of suspicion from <3, but that doesn't mean that you are not a dangerous person here. You still tried to stay hidden while defending <3 and you still did a rather odd snapback as soon as I suspected you. I am a bit less sure of you, but lets see how you react when I vote for your partner....

Unvote whoever, Vote: Axemangx.This votes serves two persposes. The first is that it will both help get rid of and place pressure upon a possible mafiat. It will also lure out KevinM, who I suspect to be partners with either <3 or Axeman.

KevinM, I encourage you to vote for axemangx, because if you refuse then that would be a dead tell. Either way, it helps us find/kill a mafiat
I suppose that you are right :(. I'm gonna step back for a little while now.
First of all if your going to vote for somebody at least take the time to unvote the right person, if your throwing votes around so much that you can't remeber who you vote is on then your not thinking about who you want dead carefully enough, or your just trying to kill anybody you can (read mafia).

Second, I'm naturally suspicious of KevinM, but the last sentence in lombardi's first post screams manipulation. The town has numbers you should never have to threaten anyone into voting you should present evidence and you argument and then everyone should dileberate on it. Yur basiclly saying help me kill this person or else, and there is no way you could have enough evidence to link the two like that on day one.

My problem is that lombardi came out all gung-ho about his vote and the when one person disagrees with him he immediately retracts his statement. It's the retract that I think makes his strong arming suspicious instead of just stupid. So far that comment is the only thing I can see as real mafia activity.

It's obvious that <3 can either determine blatant lies about alignment or is trying to make everyone believe he can, but that could go either way and talking in the third person isn't scummy its either just something hes doing or it a character trait (also hes not royalty, they speak in the royal we not the third). Even kevinM is just being his usual KevinM self and I didn't notice anything wrong with axe at all, except that he disagreeed with you.

I don't like strong-armers, I don't like people who don't stick to their guns, I don't like people who are overly theatrical (Christmas Carol Quote), and I don't like Mr. Lombardi

Vote: Mr. Lombardi

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
First of all if your going to vote for somebody at least take the time to unvote the right person, if your throwing votes around so much that you can't remeber who you vote is on then your not thinking about who you want dead carefully enough, or your just trying to kill anybody you can (read mafia).

Second, I'm naturally suspicious of KevinM, but the last sentence in lombardi's first post screams manipulation. The town has numbers you should never have to threaten anyone into voting you should present evidence and you argument and then everyone should dileberate on it. Yur basiclly saying help me kill this person or else, and there is no way you could have enough evidence to link the two like that on day one.

My problem is that lombardi came out all gung-ho about his vote and the when one person disagrees with him he immediately retracts his statement. It's the retract that I think makes his strong arming suspicious instead of just stupid. So far that comment is the only thing I can see as real mafia activity.

It's obvious that <3 can either determine blatant lies about alignment or is trying to make everyone believe he can, but that could go either way and talking in the third person isn't scummy its either just something hes doing or it a character trait (also hes not royalty, they speak in the royal we not the third). Even kevinM is just being his usual KevinM self and I didn't notice anything wrong with axe at all, except that he disagreeed with you.

I don't like strong-armers, I don't like people who don't stick to their guns, I don't like people who are overly theatrical (Christmas Carol Quote), and I don't like Mr. Lombardi

I can't argue about your possible view with <3. It might as well be a character trait, as it is possible to the fact that <3 never really talked like that in the other Mafias, and "Dobby" really raises a good valid explination.

Lombardi seems to be of the fact that he seems a little blatant, if you will.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I was doing all I could to find a slip up at the time, spam master. I questioned kevinM and hoped to find something, which I did in his poorly written retort. I am still rather un-sure of him though.

As for axemangx, my suspicions for him are raised even higher now. At first when I posted my first ("blatant")stand against kevinM, he instantly agreed with me, just to get someone other than himself lynched.

But NOW, after spam master made the same type of arguement against me, axemangx goes right back on what he thought and agrees with you, even saying that my previous thoughts (which he agreed with) were blatent. He is jumping on any bandwagon or suspicion he can find.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I severely doubt the intelligence of smashbot.
I don't like him.
Mediocre, how is thinking about the game going to confuse townies? If anything that would help the situation if you have more ideas to plan on.
I don't like your logic.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Mediocre, how is thinking about the game going to confuse townies? If anything that would help the situation if you have more ideas to plan on.
I don't like your logic.
If they're stupid, nonsensical ideas, they don't help at all.

We need ideas that make sense, not ideas that are just wild guesses masked by a facade of pseudo-logic.

Lombardi was just lashing out at people he found the least bit suspicious, acting like he was sure they were mafia. It's fine to be suspicious, and it's good to discuss those suspicions, but it's usually not good to pretend you know something about another character you don't. The only time it might be good is as part of a larger plan, and I didn't see any indication that Lombardi had one.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Axemangx: You and kevinM are the same way. You post to not lurk. You never contributed anything at all, and, immedietly after I posted my big arguement, you jumped right on. Most in-experienced scum will most liekely do this, just because it takes attention away from them. FOS: Axemangx
Hmmm alright so basically, from what I've gathered so far, my general suspicions are teh following:

- KevinM for a slightly nihilistic tone and attitude, and behavior that implies contradicting interests at different points in time. (Still piecing this second part together.)

- Axemangx for being generally antagonistic and unhelpful. Along with KevinM, one of the initial people to dissent <3/speculate about his role.
I don't think Axemangx has done enough to warrant him a vote, but he's getting closer with each post.

id also vote for axemang at this point if people wanna jump on that bandwagon
Why? You make it sound like you'd do it just because it would be easy(what with 2 other people already suspicious of him).

Forget about it, I'm lynch voting KevinM...

Seeing as we have little to NO evidence on ANYTHING about ANYONE, I suggest we use our Fingers and call it a day.

Yeah, I just made myself sound like I'm Mafia...:p
I don't think you realize how shallow this sounds.

Vote: smashbot226
I can't tell whether or not that was a joke. Either way, it seems like you voted him because he was so quick to vote on somebody with unconvincing evidence.

This game would be going a lot smoother if people could give a little explanation to their ideas.

I think Mr.Lombardi was just trying to stir things up, but did it in the wrong way. While I don't think he was right about most of his accusations, it has made me think about things(KevinM's lack of contribution & axemangx's swiftness from bandwagon to bandwagon).

As for his "real mafia activity", I think he simply got a little too excited, was proven wrong, and then decided to sit back to evaluate things a little more.

Also, I think you meant you didn't like the way he plays(and if you did, ignore the rest of this), but if you didn't, I doubt anyone could care less whether or not you like Mr. Lombardi, especially when your judgments on him seem to stem only from this mafia game.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
WOULD we have any proof except guesses from a gut feeling or what someone said? Can we REALLY judge for now?
In that case, I could vote for anyone and say that. There are people in this game who are more suspicious than KevinM, mainly the people who haven't posted much.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I think Mr.Lombardi was just trying to stir things up, but did it in the wrong way. While I don't think he was right about most of his accusations, it has made me think about things(KevinM's lack of contribution & axemangx's swiftness from bandwagon to bandwagon).

As for his "real mafia activity", I think he simply got a little too excited, was proven wrong, and then decided to sit back to evaluate things a little more.

Also, I think you meant you didn't like the way he plays(and if you did, ignore the rest of this), but if you didn't, I doubt anyone could care less whether or not you like Mr. Lombardi, especially when your judgments on him seem to stem only from this mafia game.
I don't think that Lombardi was mearly trying to "stir things up" as you put it, he made a direct threat to one player and i delibrate move to start a bandwagon on the othey, however poorly he may have executed it. And, it's my experience that people who overestimate their own knowledge and ability rarely admit their bluff/hubris so easily. His swift reversal of opinion is a distinctly mafia like move., and it shows that lombardi is more concerned with not drawing any attention or scrutiny to himself, than to finding what according to his previous post he believed to be two people who were very likely to be mafia(at least enough to for him to make direct threats).

Among novice mafia there are two prevailing natural routes of attack. There are naggers and hit-and-runners (for lack of a better term). Naggers never really push to hard for a lynch of anyone but their in every bandwagon or at least support every bandwagon of a nonmafia member. And, hit-and-runners, they will push for a lynch hard when they think they can get it but if somebody gives em stiff opposition they retract their comments and lay low for a while and they won't really defend themselves, theyll just try and brush over it like it didn't happen. I think its to early to weed out naggers from innactives because we don't know how everybody plays, but I think that lombardi fits the second description perfectly. At least thats the way I see it.

Also, I didn't mean I don't like lombardi personally, like i don't like KevinM personally, I've gotten pretty good at partinioning my opinions. I meant I don't like as I don't like the way he acts, I think it's suspicious, and I don't trust him.

WOULD we have any proof except guesses from a gut feeling or what someone said? Can we REALLY judge for now?
The important part of that sentence was the for now part.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
And, I addressed why its difficult to determine that kind of mafia player from someone who is just naturally a follower. However, the majority of players who make as hardcore accusations as the hit-and-run player does, have enough stones to stick with it if their town and have nothing to hide. There are very few town players who play like a hit-and-run type person and a considerable amount who play like a nagger. The nagger is only really reliable if you know how the person plays, a luxury that is usually evident in most mafia games on SWF, but unfortunately not so much in this one.

Also, if any other experienced players wanna support or refute my classifications I'd appreciate it. I've never actually said it before but its always been in the back of my mind. I mean those are usually the only two ways I see mafiats who are new to the game play, either those or they are just totally inactive or heavily monitored by the more experienced mafiats.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
First, I said "enough stones to stick with it" as in enough confidence in their own ideas to stand behind them.

Second, everyone has something to hide on day one, THEIR ROLE. Even if your town you want to keep your role secret to prevent the mafia from killing the power roles.

Third, it's so annoying when people whine about how it's day one, the fact of the matter is the town has a chance to kill a mafia, alot of times what happens on day one decides the flow for the entire rest of the game.

Fourth, any town members objective right now is not to "just try and find someone who is supicious enough to vote for" thats the mafias objective, to find someone suspicious enough to start a bandwagon and get the day over with quickly. If a person is town their objective should be to keep up activity until someone slips up and when you find a slipup or series of slipups that is big enough to convince you that the person is mafia then you vote for them and try and get others to vote for them.

Fifth, If you found axeangx to be "very suspicious" then why did you back down so quickly when even though mediocre disagreed with you he actually supported your suspicion for axemangx. And, what in between now and then has caused you to no longer find axemangx suspicious, if nobody has disagreed with you. I think that you backed down because you hoped to start a bandwagon and let it roll and then when axe was lynched say that you were only a part of a large group people, but when you realized people weren't suspicoius enough of him you realized that to get the lynch that you would have to argue so much that youd get called out as the main aggressor in a lynch of someone you knew to be town. You didn't want to have the lynch traced back to you, but if you were town you wouldn't have cared. If you were so suspicous of axe you would have chased him down just like I'm doing to you. At least that's the way I see things.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
For one thing, I know lynching people with very little evidence may prove nothing or something. First of all, I never started a bandwagon, as I simply became suspicious of other players as to how they talk and how they act. Such as <3 or Kevin. Take note, I don't lurk on purpose. I don't do it at all. I'm busy with other things, but I still manage to get around to this. I'm still wondering myself to why is it that I myself is suspicious. Anyways. For one thing, we know the objectives for Day one. Town: Study by what other people say, do research, and possibly get suspicions on one with facts. Mafia: Distract, bandwagon and such. Usually, people accuse others to possibly either get people off their backs or something else. For all we know, this could all just be their role and thats why their acting like that. To play a Mafia game, one must be discreet, ninja like if you will. The point is, we should really stop the bandwagons to stop further suspicion. Well, if you absolutely find it necessary, point good reasons.

And thats why I'm not really that suspicious.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Also, I agree that axemangx is suspicious at least to me. But, right now I'm leaning more towards the fact that I think he is an idiot jading my opinion.

Also, I've been thinking. I don't think that kira has a daykill and at least if he does it is not based on a person nameclaiming or it is limited to 1 use. If he were able to kill anyone that nameclaimed lets say we were about to lynch someone, and that person was the cop. When the cop nameclaimed and told us who he had investigated kira would kill and we would start the lynch all over again. Or if a person nameclaimed to defend a lynch and ended up survivng then kira could accumulate names and kill multiple characters late game. I just feel as though there are so many potential exploits eor wouldn't have made the character like that.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Fifth, If you found axeangx to be "very suspicious" then why did you back down so quickly when even though mediocre disagreed with you he actually supported your suspicion for axemangx. And, what in between now and then has caused you to no longer find axemangx suspicious, if nobody has disagreed with you. I think that you backed down because you hoped to start a bandwagon and let it roll and then when axe was lynched say that you were only a part of a large group people, but when you realized people weren't suspicoius enough of him you realized that to get the lynch that you would have to argue so much that youd get called out as the main aggressor in a lynch of someone you knew to be town. You didn't want to have the lynch traced back to you, but if you were town you wouldn't have cared. If you were so suspicous of axe you would have chased him down just like I'm doing to you. At least that's the way I see things.
I never backed down on him. I still think he is scum, spam master. He may not have started bandwagons but joined them very readily. Joined mine, then yours, which was against mine. He is acting to weird not to vote for, in my opinion.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Spam Master... you saying i was being my usual KevinM self made me lol

I have to make a reread be back in a bits.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
holy jesus. my comp was down for 2 days. and there are like 7+ pages. that took too long to read.

Vote: Spam Master

yalls bickerin makes me think u could be plottin.

sorry for being so inactive i just had to work a lot these last few days won't happen again. :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Finally ungrounded... though Im gonna be busy a ton this week and then Im off to London where I have no compy access, so Im unfortunately not going to be on a ton... but Ill be on as much as possible this next week.

Anyways, Mr. Lombardi, either you are Blazer reborn in another account, or you are scum. Im personally leaning towards the latter, you're just acting way to scummy for my tastes.

unvote: axeman (i think)
vote: Mr. Lombardi

spam_master

Smash Rookie
lol, yeah I "be plottin". I "be plottin" to kill a mafia. Also, your not gonna have a very good time if you think any argument between two people is scummy, I don't know if you've read any other mafia games but after like 4 or 5 days thats all it is.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
holy jesus. my comp was down for 2 days. and there are like 7+ pages. that took too long to read.

Really? He seems very reasonable to me. He's made the most convincing case that's been made this entire game, in my opinion.

I'm really considering voting for Lombardi at this point, because what spam master said sounds like a very likely possibility.

Did you actually look at his arguments, or did you just see that he was being confrontational and decide that made him suspicious? Because confronting someone about their suspicious behavior isn't suspicious - it's what every townie should do.

In any case, "bickering" isn't a valid reason to vote for someone, really. I don't think you're going to convince anyone to vote for someone just because they disagreed with somebody else. That would just be silly.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
(In response to my post)

I don't think that Lombardi was mearly trying to "stir things up" as you put it, he made a direct threat to one player and i delibrate move to start a bandwagon on the othey, however poorly he may have executed it. And, it's my experience that people who overestimate their own knowledge and ability rarely admit their bluff/hubris so easily. His swift reversal of opinion is a distinctly mafia like move., and it shows that lombardi is more concerned with not drawing any attention or scrutiny to himself, than to finding what according to his previous post he believed to be two people who were very likely to be mafia(at least enough to for him to make direct threats).

I meant I don't like as I don't like the way he acts, I think it's suspicious, and I don't trust him.
Way to get more in-depth. Like Ronike and Mediocre before me, I'm leaning towards voting on Mr.Lombardi after seeing that. I'm going to reread some of the previous posts and come to a decision.

They just aren't active. They COULD be busy with something... like school.

It's like calling a sleeping man a murderer.
This game has been up for nearly a week and I think everyone has had at least 1 post. It's just that many of them have just sort of popped in and said, "Yeah, I'm here, when is day 1 over?". This is normal on day 1(which is a shame), but there have been a few conflicts worth giving your opinion on(<3's effort to claim, axemangx's unhelpful bandwagoning, and most recently, spam master's attack on Mr. Lombardi). It's not like you always have to try and find something new, when there are accusations already being made to think about.

It makes me think that they're not following the thread and just waiting for night to arrive to use their roles, which makes me worry that one of our more active posters will be killed.

There are exceptions though, like Yeroc posting to say he had a lot of work, but at least he took the time to say what he was thinking.

Speaking of which....

sorry for being so inactive i just had to work a lot these last few days won't happen again. :)
Really? He seems very reasonable to me. He's made the most convincing case that's been made this entire game, in my opinion.

I'm really considering voting for Lombardi at this point, because what spam master said sounds like a very likely possibility.

Did you actually look at his arguments, or did you just see that he was being confrontational and decide that made him suspicious? Because confronting someone about their suspicious behavior isn't suspicious - it's what every townie should do.

In any case, "bickering" isn't a valid reason to vote for someone, really. I don't think you're going to convince anyone to vote for someone just because they disagreed with somebody else. That would just be silly.
I agree with Mediocre and spam master on this, either Mediocre was right in saying that Gamefreak is not looking deep enough, or he's just voting on someone who's contributed good ideas just to hurry this up. I think the former is very likely, but the latter would make me want to vote for him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vote: Mr. Lombardi34

Sorry man, You've been giving scum tells all of day 1. And the whole threatening me to vote for a bandwagon is scummy. The vote is obvious

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Okay, look guys, I really don't see how it's wrong to back down on an accusation. I didn't know about misa and I thought they conected, but mediocre old me stuff and gave a good reason why that isn't the case, so I decided to step down.
Yeah, you did. And almost immediately after, you instead targeted axemangx, and told KevinM that if he didn't agree with you he also had to be scum.

You jumped from one to the other, backing off as soon as you met the least bit of resistance.

I'm sorry, Lombardi, but you've been acting far too scummy for me to believe what you say about the motivations of your actions. If you make a convincing argument about your alignment, or make a good roleclaim (such as Leonidas or Jesus) I'll unvote you.

For right now:

Vote: Mr.Lombardi34

YAY! BANDWAGON! Vote: Mr. Lombardi!
It may be a bandwagon, but it's one that makes sense. It's backed up by logic and all the evidence we have. Lombardi's actions aren't just suspicious; they're very scummy.

Bandwagon, as it's used in mafia games, has a negative connotation and implies a lack of thought or evidence on the part of the people casting the votes. This is not the case here.

Actually, your vote seems more like a typical "bandwagon" vote than any others I've seen here. Even if you're just repeating other people, I'd appreciate if you'd give your reasoning. It will be good for you too, because people will see more than just a bandwagon vote when the go back and look at your record.

Top Bottom