• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I remember you calling a 'Brawl Head' before.
If that's how you think of me... Owch. ._.

I don't think it's competitive, I started going to tournaments because I became bored of beating everyone -locally- in melee and thought of just coming out when Brawl started going up 'locally'. After I found out I can win money and started to like being recognized, I decided to think it's worth it driving a hour. Hell, eventually it became five hours.

Tripping sucks and the only reason I am fine with it in tourney is only, ONLY because not everyone can get a modded Wii, just a couple...

Once again. Owch.
LMAO! No, there are various degrees of being a brawl head. You are NOT at that ridiculous level, at least not yet.

Most Brawl heads are just people that didn't play competitive Melee so they believe that it is almost exclusively tech skill oriented/repetitive/glitchy and therefore bad and/or worse than Brawl. I hate hearing people who don't have a grasp of competitive Melee act like they know exactly what it's about. I especially hate when they disrespect the things that people who do understand what competitive Melee is like say on that subject.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Depending how close Clash of the Titans is I'll just Bum at the Airport somehow.

Who else has a brighter idea

ADHD

Smash Hero
I remember you calling a 'Brawl Head' before.
If that's how you think of me... Owch. ._.

I don't think it's competitive, I started going to tournaments because I became bored of beating everyone -locally- in melee and thought of just coming out when Brawl started going up 'locally'. After I found out I can win money and started to like being recognized, I decided to think it's worth it driving a hour. Hell, eventually it became five hours.

Tripping sucks and the only reason I am fine with it in tourney is only, ONLY because not everyone can get a modded Wii, just a couple...

Once again. Owch.
Team with me, please reply :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL @ Inui! First you say BlackWaltz and NinjaLink are no longer on the same level as you, Atomsk, etc. and now you're saying they are AND that Ally is on that level. You know, I'm pretty sure none of those people could 2 stock then 3 stock Boss and also 2 and 3 stock Snakeee(most likely with no ZSS experience ;)). The 3 stocking of Snakeee happened on Rainbow Cruise where Atomsk LOST to him. Trev had been bragging about how Dedede beats Snake for quite some time and Ally opened up a can of **** on him on Castle Siege.

Yeah, Ally did pretty bad vs Azen's exceptionally simple Dedede. Bum and Boss also lost to you pressing the B button before. However, if you got the top 10 players at that time and had them fight you and Bum, I'm pretty sure they would have had a harder time with Bum(assuming they weren't Meta Knight pressing the B Button.) The same goes for Ally's Snake and Azen's Dedede. If you take the top 10 players now and have them fight Azen's Dedede and Ally's Snake, Azen's Dedede could possibly not win a single set(at least not playing the way he did vs Ally.) The first time you have to exclusively deal with a very gay shenanigan in Brawl you are going to have a difficult time.
What? I've always thought NinjaLink was better than me and I still do. Where did that garbage come from?

Bum is better than me, so him doing better against more players = obvious truth. When did I ever say I was better than him? I think Bum is amazing and certainly better than me.

I watched Ally play a LOT more than just the few matches you people saw on the livestream and I also played him myself. He is exceptionally good. He is not on Mew2King's level yet. It's the truth.

CO18 said:
lol at inui saying hes on allys level.
He's much closer to me than he is to Mew2King. That's for sure.

CO18

Smash Hero
What? I've always thought NinjaLink was better than me and I still do. Where did that garbage come from?

Bum is better than me, so him doing better against more players = obvious truth. When did I ever say I was better than him? I think Bum is amazing and certainly better than me.

I watched Ally play a LOT more than just the few matches you people saw on the livestream and I also played him myself. He is exceptionally good. He is not on Mew2King's level yet. It's the truth.

He's much closer to me than he is to Mew2King. That's for sure.
No its not for sure, I dont recall m2k or anyone for the matter 2 and 3 stocking snakeee,boss,etc.

According to m2k he felt Ally just played terrible in tournament.
If ally went even with m2k after the tourney what does that mean? Both m2k and ally said the matchup is dead even EVEN if it was 55:45 for Snake as you are saying that is still considered neutral and if m2k was that much better than ally they wouldn't be going back and forth. He also said he feels after a little more fundaments ally could be top 2 player in the world if he isn't already.

He just needs to cp D3 to smarter stages and I would bet that the next time he plays Azen, he'd win.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The top tier characters in this game are not fun. I wish I could go all Wolf and Bair people all day.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@CO18:

I watched Bum threestock Snakeee in tourny before and twostock NinjaLink, someone M2K can't even consistently beat. I watched M2K threestock Boss numerous times.

M2K and Ally were going back and forth because Snake has the fucking advantage. I played M2K a lot on Monday in that match-up and just stayed in the middle of the stage all the time and did really well almost every match despite being worse than Mew2King by quite a bit. Snake wins.

Stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about LOL.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
@CO18:

I watched Bum threestock Snakeee in tourny before and twostock NinjaLink, someone M2K can't even consistently beat. I watched M2K threestock Boss numerous times.

M2K and Ally were going back and forth because Snake has the fucking advantage. I played M2K a lot on Monday in that match-up and just stayed in the middle of the stage all the time and did really well almost every match despite being worse than Mew2King by quite a bit. Snake wins.

MK and Snake is 50-50.

CO18

Smash Hero

According to you snake has the adv but u always say the most bizzare **** like "I think olimar is the best because if he perfect camps you cant approach him"

Even if snake does its very marginal and if m2k is that much better than him there would still be a Big gap in between the games not going back and forth in what people say is m2k's best/favorite matchup or w/e.

Every other snake i see loses a great majority to m2k's mk such as dsf who some consider best snake in the U.S yet m2k said he wins like 80/90% of their matches or something

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
HOLD IT! You said at the SWR tourney at the very end that you don't think NinjaLink is better than you anymore.

I never said you said he's better than you. I was using him as an example to prove that good people can lose to a Brawl shenanigan if they aren't used to it and I said that's what happened to Ally against Azen.

I also never said he was on M2K's level. I only said he wasn't on yours

Inui

Banned via Warnings
According to you snake has the adv but u always say the most bizzare **** like "I think olimar is the best because if he perfect camps you cant approach him"
I think Olimar is the theoretical best because he can't be approached if the Olimar is perfect. Thankfully, perfection does not exist.

Even if snake does its very marginal and if m2k is that much better than him there would still be a Big gap in between the games not going back and forth in what people say is m2k's best/favorite matchup or w/e.

Every other snake i see loses a great majority to m2k's mk such as dsf who some consider best snake in the U.S yet m2k said he wins like 80/90% of their matches or something
Everyone is giving a couple of friendlies way too much weight. You do realize that, don't you? Think about it.

teh_spamerer said:
HOLD IT! You said at the SWR tourney at the very end that you don't think NinjaLink is better than you anymore.
I've been outplacing him lately and can beat people that beat him, like Atomsk and BlackWaltz, and I'm 100% sure I'm better in teams.

That's all I can say about it, really.

I think NinjaLink is overall better than me because he can play way more characters and him playing at his best is definitely better than my best, but he's rarely at his best, and when I'm playing poorly I have options like tornado and ledgestalling to fall back on while he doesn't.

I never said you said he's better than you. I was using him as an example to prove that good people can lose to a Brawl shenanigan if they aren't used to it and I said that's what happened to Ally against Azen.
Azen also used a character he is quite horrendous with when compared to his other characters. We don't really know what would have happened if Azen used one of his actual good characters, but I don't think it would have looked as stupid if Azen used Peach, Fox, Lucario, Marth, etc.

I also never said he was on M2K's level. I only said he wasn't on yours
I'd put him much closer to me than to Mew2King. I do think Ally is better than me, btw.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
His Dedede isn't good at all. He made the wrong decisions consistently with d-throws and messed up CGing a lot. Even when I told him to just b-throw for damage, he kept letting Ally get a free pass to the ledge for safety. Azen's Dedede is much worse than his other characters imo.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
actually now that i've been discussing the match, d-throwing at the ledge is better than b-throw

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I've been outplacing him lately and can beat people that beat him, like Atomsk and BlackWaltz
>_> 2 people in your crew and one person you play all the ****ing time. I'm waiting for the day that he starts using trevor in the same way he goes "you lost to dave".

It'll happen.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
the best thing to do is either down throw down tilt or down throw turn around bair ALMOST EVERY TIME do one of those 2 things. I usually will just do down tilt. I figured out it was a guaranteed combo within THE FIRST MONTH OF BRAWL'S RELEASE. It's really obvious. Guaranteed things, are almost always best.

if you suck at down throw down tilt...

and...

ALL OF YOU SUCK AT IT...

then get better at it. It kills Snake at the edge at about 190 with good DI and like... idk like 120 or something if you miss the DI

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Lol well i lost to a button XD

jason you realise i was sucking at it horribly vs ally...

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
if you suck at down throw down tilt...

and...

ALL OF YOU SUCK AT IT...

then get better at it. It kills Snake at the edge at about 190 with good DI and like... idk like 120 or something if you miss the DI
Don't you just hold down and press A twice to buffer it? How is this..hard? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're talking to Brawl players. Got it :bee:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
whats goin on....recap.........btw ur right. im starting to get inconsistent again which explains my placings recently. As for Azens D3. Yea he plays a barebones D3 but he gets by. dthrow or bthrow depending on how close u are to the ledge. if ur very close dthrow than edgeguard cause he wont grab the ledge being he'll slide too far. Otherwise bthrow.

Spam, my snake was havent done the MK matchup since CH3 vs plank. Not johning being theres no point in doing so. I just felt it was underplayed. I'll try it again next time i play u. Friendlies probably.

I really feel uncomfortable in certain matchups where if i mess up once i lose a stock, take a whole bunch of unnecessary damage or have to chase the other person the entire time.....which explains why i lose to certain ppl. Anyway back to abyss.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
'Most' is a overstatement. I had ppl bytching about what char i used in the live stream all day it seems. Whatever. Most prolly dont kno what a techchase is........

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol

Diddy Kong is your most impressive looking character that you have achieved most of your huge wins with, so that's why people want to see you use him more. Your R.O.B. is also very good, and the only one that doesn't bore me to death. Even Holy's, despite being the best one most likely, was boring.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I still dont see how anyone can call Azens d3 horrendous or w/e. He beat someone who was destroying top EC players in a tourny set with d3. It doesnt have to be pretty, it has to get the job done. Azen's d3, got the job done.

NL, most people wanna c diddy do crazy ish thats all. N honestly,your level of play does change with the character you use, its not like every one of ur chars play on the same level. So I guess when people beg for ur diddy its a mix of them wanting to c action, and feeling as tho its ur auto best bet.

Noraa

Smash Lord
I still dont see how anyone can call Azens d3 horrendous or w/e. He beat someone who was destroying top EC players in a tourny set with d3. It doesnt have to be pretty, it has to get the job done. Azen's d3, got the job done.

NL, most people wanna c diddy do crazy ish thats all. N honestly,your level of play does change with the character you use, its not like every one of ur chars play on the same level. So I guess when people beg for ur diddy its a mix of them wanting to c action, and feeling as tho its ur auto best bet.
^^ the truth has been said

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
lol

Diddy Kong is your most impressive looking character that you have achieved most of your huge wins with, so that's why people want to see you use him more. Your R.O.B. is also very good, and the only one that doesn't bore me to death. Even Holy's, despite being the best one most likely, was boring.
yea but im tired of 'pleasing' ppl regardless because some matchups is like wtf in this game. The venue was cold. I cant play fast like that. My hands freeze. Not sure if u noticed i had gloves on after every match. Diddy is prolly my most technical character and needs it for the most part. If i cant control my character, what good is it?

Eazy, i could care less what ppl think anymore if its a friendly ok. I'll be a crowd pleaser. But in tourney......not in the mood, especially when certain players are boring, spammy etc. Cant be flashy dealing with habitual players that dont change. Like seriously. Did u know someone called me right after i had a friendly with M2K....BECAUSE I USED FOX??!!! REALLY???!!! And it was a random player from cali who i have no idea how he got my number to begin with.

By u sayin 'not my best bet' its basically questioning my decision and in a way disrespectful. I use chars because i feel it'll work. Yes i knew atomsk got pit experience from inui....wasnt caring much. Besides i hate yoshis.....bad stage for like everyone...except GW....and falcon lol

Cocktimus Prime

Smash Rookie
yea but im tired of 'pleasing' ppl regardless because some matchups is like wtf in this game. The venue was cold. I cant play fast like that. My hands freeze. Not sure if u noticed i had gloves on after every match. Diddy is prolly my most technical character and needs it for the most part. If i cant control my character, what good is it?

Eazy, i could care less what ppl think anymore if its a friendly ok. I'll be a crowd pleaser. But in tourney......not in the mood, especially when certain players are boring, spammy etc. Cant be flashy dealing with habitual players that dont change. Like seriously. Did u know someone called me right after i had a friendly with M2K....BECAUSE I USED FOX??!!! REALLY???!!! And it was a random player from cali who i have no idea how he got my number to begin with.
madd black

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su4ub7DeTy4

By this point Atomsk had beaten BlackWaltz, Ryoko, Snakeee 2x, and Inui numerous times including at the last tournament they were at when Inui did not tornado spam and just fought.

At that point in time, I'm pretty sure Atomsk would have done better against anyone who knew how to deal with tornado spam as long as it wasn't another tornado spamming Meta Knight. There is a similar situation now between Azen's Dedede(at least the way he played vs Ally) and Ally's Snake.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
called me right after i had a friendly with M2K....BECAUSE I USED FOX??!!! REALLY???!!! And it was a random player from cali who i have no idea how he got my number to begin with.
LMAO wtf, that's messed up dude, like seriously

brawl community sucks for doin **** like that ~_~

Top Bottom