• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

Coney

Smash Master
the only thing that worked for me was trying to vertically space out icies with dair and trying to bait and beat out their uair

risky though, considering how much damage uair does if both connect. but if you hit all of dair, it's a nice bit of percentage and it separates the two perfectly to tack on some damage to nana.

i'd been told to inhale in the MU, inhale is a mixed bag. either you inhale one and they just hit you for it, or you inhale one and are able to spit out into the other before or during the hit, causing damage for both. not reliable though and definitely not as useful in this MU as it is against olimar.

all in all though, matchup sucks. did seibrik do that testing he said he was going to do?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think I might ask Bunny to merge this with the matchup thread since we're getting some decent discussion on this going (and it should've been there in the first place).

And god **** it Crashic now he's going to go on one of his "I know something you don't know" bull**** sprees where he taunts us with having lots of information but not telling us. I thought you quit everything forever? Go play in traffic.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I agree with CO. Approaching a good ICs is a pain. If you try to approach them from above you WILL be hit with at least 2 up airs which can put you at 30% damage easily. If the ICs can desynch consistently, then this MU is pretty tough.

As for Fox. I used to think this match up was in Fox's favor, but after playing it more i think it's 45-55 if not even. Inhale works wonders against Fox. If you are over 110% Fox is looking for an up smash, be ready for the up smash with a shield-grab or suck his *** up. And i know that none of us are psychics or anything, but if you tech chase your down throw well, you can rack up good damage and get his light *** of f the map. I try to save my back air against fox, because once you get him of the map you can get kills with back air since he's so light, but that's just me :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You can actually pseudo-tech chase Fox after a bthrow at low percents since he falls so fast he'll usually be on/near the ground by the time you're able to dash over and regrab.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
we generally **** every character that is below B tier.

I mean there are some exceptions. *Luigi,Peach,Fox,* but for the most part....
oh and sonic

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Characters like Lucas, Ness, Yoshi, and the aforementioned Luigi, Peach, and Fox.

And a few characters that we haven't discussed since '08 like Samus, Jigglypuff, Ike, and Pokemon Trainer.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ok, Luigi and Fox seem to be the most requested so I'll start with them. This weekend I'll do a big update/overhaul to the matchup thread, updating ratios and creating more export threads. I'm also gonna do a mass bumping of all the old export threads.

∫unk

Smash Master
you don't approach icy's. this is how you play ic's (note michael hey and i are playing extremely bad here but this is the general idea.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShvFwrCzL0

edit: in this match i forget shield chaingrab is easier than dash chaingrab for icy's... i didn't miss any after this match :/

god i react slow in this game... whatever >_>

--

they build damage with ice blocks and blizzard. we build damage with f-tilt waddle dees and swallow

if you ever get hit with desynch blizzard (leads into a grab)... let go of shield immediately and SDI up. it's better to get hit with blizzard than to get grabbed lol

their x factor is the grab. our x factor is the gimps (which is why we stay near the edge)

theoretically this match should go to time every time. getting the first stock is ridiculously important.

btw you should never get f-air spiked SDI that every time you know it's coming

--

double edit: how to fight falco - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmjzlv7a9ZA

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm putting Serin in charge of all the matchup-related threads now.

I also changed most of the matchup ratios and added a new feature - Pro Opinion. As you guys probably know, the matchup ratios are an average of what everyone thinks. The Pro Opinions, however, are just an average of what the best Dededes - Atomsk, CO18, lain, and Seibrik - think. I only included them in the calculations because they are the best Dededes by far and the rest of you suck in comparison (not as much as me obviously but you still suck).

Anyway, Serin is in charge now so you all should tell him how wrong the ratios are instead of me.

I would rather it be someone else but nobody else wanted it.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Beef talk to me on AIM if you want to know why I think about matchups in certain ways. I just told Co18 about my ice climbers approach (or michael hey's I should say) and he is probably going to **** ICs now lol.
I wanna know how to play ic's!

There are like none in the south lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fogo played a bunch of matches with me at Phase4.

Honestly I think DDD players should just pick up a secondary for IC's >_>. I feel like I have unlimited options whenever I play against any DDD lol.

∫unk

Smash Master
I wanna know how to play ic's!

There are like none in the south lol
...WTF the icy's in the video IS michael hey >_>

it's a friendly blah blah blah other johns i posted it for the matchup and you post this right after T-T

he gets gimped cause he gets too close to the edge that's how the matchup goes

edit: lol pro opinion

Tmacc

Smash Lord
^^^ True dat.

Also, about the IC's thing Hylian said...so true. However, I think it's possible to win, the D3 player just CANNOT mess up, at all.

Underload

Lazy
Because , Berk, almost every "strength" Dedede has over Snake is overstated beyond all belief, and vice versa. I won't go into detail, but Snake doesn't completely outcamp a good D3, and a good Snake won't get sodomized by the chaingrab. It's kind of a stalemate MU, from my experiences.

Oh, D3s, I just opened a matchup discussion thread for Dedede. Take a look at it later? This matchup is still pretty controversial, so I'd like to spend a decent time discussing it. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267200 Just post a summary (short or long, it's up to you), and if there's useful information in there, I'll edit it into the OP and eventually use it to make a bulleted list of dos and don'ts.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
grumble grumble new tier list grumble grumble making me change the order of **** grumble grumble have to reorganize grumble grumble wanna be done with this **** grumble grumble grumble

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know, it's not your fault mods are lazy/not here, we just need to wait, ugh.

Commas.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The Pit boards are currently (trying) to discuss the D3 MU. any help from you guys would be awesome, please help pit board come to life!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Because , Berk, almost every "strength" Dedede has over Snake is overstated beyond all belief, and vice versa. I won't go into detail, but Snake doesn't completely outcamp a good D3, and a good Snake won't get sodomized by the chaingrab. It's kind of a stalemate MU, from my experiences.
Yeah that's why Ally picked up Metaknight to "stop getting gayed"

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
This is oh so true. It definitely does put some sense into the ignorant people who think the matchup is 60:40 or worse for Snake.

I see Snakes like shmot think it's 60:40 or like that and his input makes sense.

Though, I'm getting confused by Ran, shmot with the Snakes

Top Bottom