• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Could you like put this in some sort of logical order plz?

- You guys already know I can pop out a fully reasoned explanation on any of these, so don't come in here and start a flame war about how wrong and ridiculous I am.
If you didn't want a flame war, why did you post it? lol
- All matchups assume the infinite is not allowed.
:(
-Please keep in mind I have already given full explanations for ROB, Marth, Metaknight, and Falco. Don't tell me how wrong I am about those characters until you go read my reasoning in their respective threads.
You know it would be nice if you actually, you know, posted links to those threads where you discussed your strategies for those characters. I remember what you said about ROB, Marth, and MK, but I can't remember where you posted the Falco one.
- The matchups I'm expecting the most criticism from are as follows:
Metaknight Meh. A lot of people feel the same as you and those that don't can see your reasoning if you actually post links to the thread where you discussed it.
Sonic Nobody cares about Sonic.
Falco It would be really nice if you posted a link to where you said your opinion of this since I can't find it.
Fox Yeah, I really want to see your reasoning for this. The only situation where I could imagine that Fox has an advantage in the matchup is if you only played on FD and you had to spot him a stock.
Climbers Have you ever played a good Ice Climbers player? By good I mean like lain/meep/Hylian level, not just "a pretty cool guy eh desynchs and cgs and doesn't afraid of anything".
Zero Suit What you have is reasonable.
Luigi If infinite is banned, what you have is actually reasonable.
Other things I'd like to see your logic behind:

Pikachu - This is pretty high. 40:60 is reasonable but I don't really understand 45:55.
TL - I'm guessing a lot of this is just unfamiliarity with the matchup? He camps pretty well, but no worse than ROB or Lucario.
Pit - Same as Toon Link for the most part.
Squirtle - I can see why you'd have trouble with this, but just so you know, you can sheildgrab everything Squirtle does, which makes the matchup extremely easy. In fact, I have more trouble with Charizard than Squirtle ever since I started doing that.
Jigglypuff - Same as Squirtle. As long as you don't do something stupid like let her get you far offstage, you'll be ok.

I agree with your ratio on Lucario btw.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was gonna close this, but if some good discussion comes out of it, I'll keep it open.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
CPU....
I'm curious about how you see the Zero Suit Samus matchup...and how you think we counter her. Would you explain to me please on how we counter her and what you've been doing against her so brutally?

It's important for the other mains to know about your point of view on this matchup.

LMaster

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised about Zelda's match up.

55 : 45 in DDD favor is wrong for me. Believe or not Zelda has the potential to do a lot of crappy things on D3.

Bair pressure, Fsmash spacing, aerial combo (Ana to Bair or Fair sweetspot), her recorevy is difficult to punish (if she recover upper the stage, she can ledgegrab or recover on you and you have to perfect shielding the hit to punish ~~), Dtilt lock, neutral B with invulnerability's frames, dash rangegrab (sic), Usmash x2 (true combo starter ~~), tiny hurtbox, Up DI on Dthrow etc.

I play a lot with a good zelda mainer and this character is pretty undervalued and can be a D3 counter, tekk can confirm

I'm also surprised by olimar, oli**** have the avantage near (grab) and far (Bside spamming) from DDD. Against a defensive olimar, it's really hard to do something so I don't understand the 45:55 (Meaby because I only play against oli on wifi XD )

Don't understand the fox too ~~

And just for flame war D3 ditto should be 70:30 in Red DDD favor you're an idiot :D

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah I believe we have the advantage on squirtle as well. For one kill percents lol, shieldgrab and Bair are too good.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Kinda random. For the future nobody will take some random person's match up opinions seriously.

Browny

Smash Hater
- The main point of this post is to stir discussion and questions on very specific characters.
- The matchups I'm expecting the most criticism from are as follows:
Sonic
12. Sonic 45:55
uh yeah. I didnt come here to stir discussion since I know sonic is generally not much of a reason for concern. But I have to ask, did a sonic player run the timer on you? >_<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey, your Metaknight write up, its not a write up at all. All you basically say is that "Havok does whatevery other metaknight does except faster than I can recat to." and it basically translates into "Hey guys I suck at responding to mixups."

/figured this out while listening to scrubs complain about Rufus in SF4.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Hey, your Metaknight write up, its not a write up at all. All you basically say is that "Havok does whatevery other metaknight does except faster than I can recat to." and it basically translates into "Hey guys I suck at responding to mixups."

/figured this out while listening to scrubs complain about Rufus in SF4.
Welcome back, Crashic <3

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Crashiic the moron speaks again! :D
Like why do you even come here? You're really bad at the game and you don't know anything about King Dedede. You have absolutely nothing to offer us other than mindless trolling. Do you really want to get into another flame war with me? You looked like a ****** last time and I can put you in that same position where everybody here hates you again if you want.

As for the characters you guys wanted to know about, you can expect full writeups in this thread soon. I was out for the weekend so I didn't get a chance to do so and I'm a bit busy at this moment.

Edit: Actually nevermind. I'm not interested in posting here for the same reason I stopped posting here last time. People like Crashic make me not want to offer my knowledge or help. Those of you who want to talk about it, you have my AIM. You can lock this thread now.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Please CPU, you really didn't say anything in your write up, and your olimar approach is awful. Honestly, if you think the SOUND of that it makes is a valid part of the match up, then that's just insanely stupid. Ques that let you know something is going to happen don't effect matchups UNLESS that que happens to be something that actually matters, like, ya know, START UP, something that would actually effect the matchup.

Your writes up are a wall of text that don't say anything but outline very minuscule things. Your Metaknight matchup is litterally just saying "Havok does what every metaknight does but he mixes it up really fast." Guess what, that shouldn't change the matchup. That only speaks to yours and his skill and NOT the actual matchup. Now, if you gave things that Metaknight could do that we didn't have an option against, THEN it would be something that changes the matchup, BUT YOU DON'T. You provide things that we CAN deal with but then say "he mixes them up so fast that its pointless." Honestly, what the **** is that ****?

CO18

Smash Hero
DDD vs Ics is 7:3 Ics. And thats only cuz DDD wins on his cp. I had no approach vs lain. Only way I could legitly approach is if he screwed up his desynching.

DDD beats fox.

DDD destroys jigglypuff.
He beats sonic.
Zss has a slight adv vs ddd.
Falco wins 6:4 and Mks only 6:4.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
CO, how did you do vs lain? like how many stocks did you have at the end of each match?

I'm asking, because well, I had the same problem

I could have technically avoided being grabbed by Lain but that would of just meant that he sheilds my dair approach and up airs me into oblivion

and as for olimar, CPU's approach to the matchup is actually pretty darn useful, ftilt is probably your best move against him because it forces his approach

CO18

Smash Hero
CO, how did you do vs lain? like how many stocks did you have at the end of each match?

I'm asking, because well, I had the same problem

I could have technically avoided being grabbed by Lain but that would of just meant that he sheilds my dair approach and up airs me into oblivion

and as for olimar, CPU's approach to the matchup is actually pretty darn useful, ftilt is probably your best move against him because it forces his approach

I got ***** DDD vs Ics. It was like 2 stock mid%. 2nd game I jv 2 stocked his mk on brinstar.
Then 3rd game Wario vs Ics I got him to last stock mid-high%.

I dont know how DDD can realistically approach Ics without them screwing up their desynchs/getting lucky and keep getting gordos or some ish.

I would need like alot of friendlies vs lain to figure something out.

CO18

Smash Hero
You cant inhale if theyre blizzarding wtf. And the other Ic can instantly hit you b4 u spit the other one out.

Only time inhale is useful is like near the ledge or if theyre stupidly rushing in for a grab when ur in the air.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Fly above and b-reverse it if they are blizzarding in front of you.

And why have you never used Wario against me?

CO18

Smash Hero
Fly above and b-reverse it if they are blizzarding in front of you.

And why have you never used Wario against me?
Wow i dont even feel like responding to this. 1. you can get up aired 2. Because it isnt completely Obvious. 3. He has enough time to move away 4. even if you inhale he can hit you before you do anything

also wario sucks on wifi.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Depends on how you do it.

It isn't THAT obvious on what you do.

And if he messes up his blizzard walling, bair, reverse inhale that could suffice....

Maybe...

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
I love these boards. You guys are doing it wrong therefore there's no way I could know something you don't. Thank you Michael Hey, west coasts best IC player and very good dedede player too. <3

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
DDD vs Ics is 7:3 Ics. And thats only cuz DDD wins on his cp. I had no approach vs lain. Only way I could legitly approach is if he screwed up his desynching.

DDD beats fox.

DDD destroys jigglypuff.
He beats sonic.
Zss has a slight adv vs ddd.
Falco wins 6:4 and Mks only 6:4.
Me and CO18 think very much alike on our current matchups. [Me and CPU have some common matchup opinions to] But I'll just say that the original post's matchup ratios are CPU's opinion and are not fact, so it's not a "oh this matchup is this or that" kind of thing.

[For people who get agitated easily, I was neutral in my post.]

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Me and CO18 think very much alike on our current matchups. But I'll just say that the original post's matchup ratios are CPU's opinion and are not fact, so it's not a "oh this matchup is this or that" kind of thing.

[For people who get agitated easily, I was neutral in my post.]
Beef talk to me on AIM if you want to know why I think about matchups in certain ways. I just told Co18 about my ice climbers approach (or michael hey's I should say) and he is probably going to **** ICs now lol.

Top Bottom