• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of the Year, Beginning of the New Era~Ann Arbor MI 12-11-10

Roller

Smash Legend
I've got at least 2 guys from my dorm coming, as well as a guy I know from flint. Could be more AA people/randoms. I'm sending out an email about it today to the smash group I had from last year which has about 40 people on the mailing list.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I forgot TheMann doesn't actually do teams, so I need a teammate.

L, I'm going to this, so you can bus to EL to save money.
Alright. o: When should I setup arrival? I could probably get there the day of on saturday if need be, then take the first thing back on Sunday...

D

Deleted member

So since Test Your Might X probably isn't happening now, it looks like I'm going to this.

Roller

Smash Legend
^ Yeah, Tutu. I may call you later to discuss some things and what harms just said is one of them.

For anybody who will be reading this for now though..

ATTENTION:

I highly advise showing up for this event as early as possible, as there will be a huge hockey game held in The Big House (The enormous UofM football stadium) in the evening. Attendance should be over 100,000. The stadium is located ~5 blocks from where the venue (Mason Hall) is. Keep this in mind when planning when to leave. I would also avoid any areas within ~3 blocks of the stadium if at all possible, as they get ******** congested on gamedays. There are parking structures around AA, I'd suggest trying to find parking in one of those. There are at least 3 within a 10 minute walk of the venue.

If someone else who lives in AA has a map or something pointing out the locations of the parking structures I would greatly appreciate it.
If you are able to get here the night before there should be no problem with parking.

Also, since it seems like at least a chunk of Ohio will be coming to this now, GET HYPED.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Wait, MSU vs UMich at UMich at 3.

Jesus christ that will be terrible traffic.

Also, work scheduled me for Saturday, and until a person accepts my sub I can't confirm for this.

But with the traffic that might be a good thing.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
*sigh* Not really in the mood to make a longer drive this weekend, but put me down for this just in case TYM can't be salvaged.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
^ Yeah, Tutu. I may call you later to discuss some things and what harms just said is one of them.

For anybody who will be reading this for now though..

ATTENTION:

I highly advise showing up for this event as early as possible, as there will be a huge hockey game held in The Big House (The enormous UofM football stadium) in the evening. Attendance should be over 100,000. The stadium is located ~5 blocks from where the venue (Mason Hall) is. Keep this in mind when planning when to leave. I would also avoid any areas within ~3 blocks of the stadium if at all possible, as they get ******** congested on gamedays. There are parking structures around AA, I'd suggest trying to find parking in one of those. There are at least 3 within a 10 minute walk of the venue.

If someone else who lives in AA has a map or something pointing out the locations of the parking structures I would greatly appreciate it.
If you are able to get here the night before there should be no problem with parking.

Also, since it seems like at least a chunk of Ohio will be coming to this now, GET HYPED.

These untimely sporting events causing traffic for the smash community is inexcusable. Just like text me the other thing since im a bit busy studying to keep focused on this atm

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I've decided, with greyhound prices up, I guess from the Holidays, and upcoming bad weather, that I won't be attending this tourney. Hope everyone has fun. o:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I'm coming now. 50/50 atm.

I'm having a minor car trouble. Whenever I stop at a red light and accelerate, my car will accelerate, stall for half a second, accelerate again, possibly stall a 2nd time for half a second and accelerate, and then it will be fine as long as I keep going. It does a sort of "herky-jerky" sort of thing when I start to accelerate. The engine sounds normal.

I can imagine it could be a problem when I'm accelerating onto the highway. Urgh. We'll see.

D

Deleted member

Never mind. Not going to this, as it appears TYMX is back on!

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
JT can't take me anymore, there's still hope for me yet, I might end up taking a train so...could I get someone to pick me up at this address when I get there.

325 Depot St., to be honest it's not that long of a drive from the venue. It's probably like a 5 - 10 minute drive. But a long *** walk for me...so, could I get someone to get me...please...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ive walked from the amtrak station to my dorm before, in the rain lol

but you could walk to fuller, and then take one of the michigan busses to cc little saving you some walk time

Top Bottom