• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
^badnewsbear you should come to the more people from that area the better! 10 hours is nothing just get 5 people and you drive 2 hours each.

You should come that way sethlon can get a ride since that bum doesn't have a car. (neither do I so people staying at my house your giving me a ride.)

Dojo once again really come to this tournament its no MK as well and we have something hobo doesn't. Real mexican food. Just think about it the tournament is called take our money. We are inviting you to come here and make money off us. then you can eat some world famous chicos tacos which actually sued this restaurant called chuchos tacos in dallas because they tried to steal there recipe and because this Mexican food isn't allowed more than 100FT from the Mexican border. So its free money and the food of your ancestors what does hobo have the same old people not using MK pfft.
XXXXXDDDDD Now hes GOTTA come !

But seriouly. Chicos is legendary.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol. I hardly even eat mexican food. XD
I can't win money if I'm not using MK. Or I doubt I could.
Like I said I really want to, but unless you can somehow convince Hyli and Lee to come through and get me, it's not happening.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Why don't you drive down to hylians house and leave the car there? Not like what stupid luis was saying about leaving it out in I-10. He has a garage or like a parking spot right? Maybe you can get someone to drive with you then they could take your car back to your house or something. After swim meets that what we always did we got in out speedos drove to one guys house then he drove us to the pool and drove back. Then our parents picked us up in our speedos once again.

See where I'm going with this? put on some speedos.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Well I'd like to come. If Hylian is down maybe we can carpool. Here's how results will go at any MK banned tournament I go to.

1. Ganon
2. Ganon's Balls
3-100. who cares?
Son you should not be worrying about winning the tourney.
you should worry about this
Ganon vs falcon match 20$ and loser chugs a beer.

Anyone have a link for the final melee ruleset so we can put it up please?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would suggest using MLG ruleset for Melee.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lee, I'm broke as a joke, but I'll hold a buck for a $1 random vs random MM, 2 stock, all stages on random, best of 3.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I accept! I will accept any similar MMs ;)
Jesus christ i have been waiting ever since i read your First "ganon has bigger balls than falcon post"
The beer part might have to be at where ever you decide to stay since SBR allows no alcohol:mad: or even the venue itself lol. Prepare your self

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jesus christ i have been waiting ever since i read your First "ganon has bigger balls than falcon post"
The beer part might have to be at where ever you decide to stay since SBR allows no alcohol:mad: or even the venue itself lol. Prepare your self
that rule is suggested, not required. :)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
that rule is suggested, not required. :)
Ah. nicely done. If everything goes well everyone that wants to drink should hangout to get drunk :dizzy:

Just to keep people updated:
We have decided to start passing out flyers. We will be doing this twice. We need to get the word out now. The second time we pass the flyers it will contain the final sponsors(still working on)
Please ask us about housing more !!!

Could not find the mlg ruleset for melee either. Help Hylain? Lee?

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
daimonster you should come to this tournament instead of hobo (runs from xyro) .
I'm not saying that I don't want to go. There are a few factors considering my attendance. One being life issues (family, gf, etc) and the other being rulesets, distance traveled, timing, etc. I'll consider coming, but as of now...it looks like a no.

I'll also talk to Xyro about gettin rid of his limited chain grab and lock business. It's silly to get rid of a character's options. Unless you wanna get rid of MK's options :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not saying that I don't want to go. There are a few factors considering my attendance. One being life issues (family, gf, etc) and the other being rulesets, distance traveled, timing, etc. I'll consider coming, but as of now...it looks like a no.

I'll also talk to Xyro about gettin rid of his limited chain grab and lock business. It's silly to get rid of a character's options. Unless you wanna get rid of MK's options :).
You can try, but it isn't worth it. Myself and pretty much the entire back room argued with him on it and he just won't change his mind >_>.

error13

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you drive down to hylians house and leave the car there? Not like what stupid luis was saying about leaving it out in I-10. He has a garage or like a parking spot right? Maybe you can get someone to drive with you then they could take your car back to your house or something. After swim meets that what we always did we got in out speedos drove to one guys house then he drove us to the pool and drove back. Then our parents picked us up in our speedos once again.

See where I'm going with this? put on some speedos.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

error13

Smash Journeyman
lmao
10 times
We NEED to play pronto.
FROM NOW TO THE TOURNEY I AM DOWN TO PLAY
T,TH,S sure. maybe even fridays too, just not this one :)
STFU again ha
dont be happy ur stealing adams girls
thats why u didnt wanna take him to the party huh

messed up

ANYONE wanna MM

against a PIT or a ZSS

maybe even an OLIMAR?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Dont be jealous . didn't take him cause didn't want to drive drunk shut up.
I am not going to Show this other girl thats looking for someone then cause you are being an a hole

error13

Smash Journeyman
Dont be jealous . didn't take him cause didn't want to drive drunk shut up.
I am not going to Show this other girl thats looking for someone then cause you are being an a hole
no im not heh, im like the nicest person we know

and remember white only..... ha ha ha
actually now im willing to go to a tan fleshy tone....
not enuff selection in this place....

alright alright lets keep our personal life out the boards ya?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
no im not heh, im like the nicest person we know

and remember white only..... ha ha ha
actually now im willing to go to a tan fleshy tone....
not enuff selection in this place....

alright alright lets keep our personal life out the boards ya?

*projectile vommits on thread*

Im down to play asap. :mad:

Johns picking up Falco unusually fast O_O...

Not fast enough, but still pretty fast. :laugh:

EDIT: as in not soon enough for the tourney, but his Fox is still good.

error13

Smash Journeyman
also u need to put the housing

like we can and how many

i think only u and i so far

i can handle like 3-5 people

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
John's falco has always been good and it would be perfect if he would he stick to him.
Arturo you need to fix the FEES section, eventhough i know all the info, its confusing as i read it
Update my MMs Furiousduffman Falcon vs Lee ganon and Furiousduffman falcon vs Xion Ike

HOW COME ONLY ME AND ARTURO ARE DOING MMs? OOS people challenge!!!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
John's falco has always been good and it would be perfect if he would he stick to him.
Arturo you need to fix the FEES section, eventhough i know all the info, its confusing as i read it
Update my MMs Furiousduffman Falcon vs Lee ganon and Furiousduffman falcon vs Xion Ike

HOW COME ONLY ME AND ARTURO ARE DOING MMs? OOS people challenge!!!
John couldnt even SHL when I first played him O_O...

I cant even believe I lost to your Wario... :(

Oh and Arturo, could you update that I will accept Random vs Random MMs :chuckle: ?

EDIT: Johns Kirby >>>>>>>> His Falco. Id serioulsy not MM that thing >_>

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
john can do it better SHL better than you. Its funny you are the ONLY one that believes his falco isn't good.
Its also funny how you are the ONLY one that can't believe that you lost to my wario. EVERYONE knew how it was going to turnout. Sorry i got your hopes up when i while i was sandbagging you. ;)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Kash: 1- Keep the shirt...I let melee1 use it (it was mines) and he forgot about it. Keep my controller as well. IDC bout it much anymore.
2-Honestly, from watching you play. I believe you have the most potential out of the NM community. After much destruction of Jumpman 3-1 in a set...I can say that wolf is not a tournament viable character. Don't get it twisted, you can do well with him. However, that character does not have the moveset and strengths necessary to compete with many other *better characters. Jumpman's game is too strong and knows his character to the max. However, that alone was not enough to beat me (Used MK/Falco). Perhaps if I was using a more neutral matchup character...then yes he could stand a greater chance. There's only so much potential to be brought out from the character and hopefully you have recognized this already.

Fallenangemon: The tournament result will look like this:
1-G&W
2-D3
3-Snake/Diddy/Falco/Wario
4-Snake/Diddy/Falco/Wario
5-Snake/Diddy/Falco/Wario
6-Snake/Diddy/Falco/Wario
7-Lucario/Pikachu/Marth
8-Lucario/Pikachu/Marth
9-Lucario/Pikachu/Marth
10-Some mid tier char like-Toonlink, fox, ice climbers, Pit, Peach, Ike, Kirby

That is my prediction. Reason why I put the xx/xx/xx/xx is because I don't know what character order that higher skilled player will use.

Regarding El paso: I am 90% sure about not going to this tournament. I have already planned on attending HOBO12 (mk ban) and OhSnap in november. Attending this tournament is most likely pushing my smash/life limits. If HOBO12 did not exist, this tournament would be the place for me to go. I look MUCH forward to the next TMS. Again, sorry.
Hmm. That's disappointing to hear. It is true Wolf does poorly against most of the top tiers, but I don't think he is completely out of question when it comes to the tournament scene. I'll see to it.

Ah. nicely done. If everything goes well everyone that wants to drink should hangout to get drunk :dizzy:

Just to keep people updated:
We have decided to start passing out flyers. We will be doing this twice. We need to get the word out now. The second time we pass the flyers it will contain the final sponsors(still working on)
Please ask us about housing more !!!

Could not find the mlg ruleset for melee either. Help Hylain? Lee?
I was just skimming posts quickly and got excited when I saw "drink should hangout to get drunk"

Caught my eye is all.

Well, if you go, that'd be cool. I'd like to play you again. I didn't even know a controller was left. My bad.

STFU again ha
dont be happy ur stealing adams girls
thats why u didnt wanna take him to the party huh

messed up

ANYONE wanna MM

against a PIT or a ZSS

maybe even an OLIMAR?
I'll money match your Olimar.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
john can do it better SHL better than you. Its funny you are the ONLY one that believes his falco isn't good.
Its also funny how you are the ONLY one that can't believe that you lost to my wario. EVERYONE knew how it was going to turnout. Sorry i got your hopes up when i while i was sandbagging you. ;)
Dont be a **** Luis! I didn't say his Falco is bad ever. Stop making such a big deal about things I didn't even say. I said it got way better from the last time I played it. And saying his Kirby > his Falco is saying his Falco is bad?

Sandbagging me? :laugh: Your lucky that Footstool didnt finish you off!

But its all good.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Updated the fees a bit I'm not sure how your getting confused did you see theres a schedule right under it?

same with MMs they got updated to. Any more OOS coming to this and who needs housing the only one who has asked about it has been daimonster.

edit: john is just a local scrub that is going to give his money away.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will be excepting all MM's.

As well as challenging everyone there to a $5 3/5 RCMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom