• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

error13

Smash Journeyman
ha ha at least i
dont talk and speak
in haikus anymore.....

but i am a writing genius
heh

DOJO what is the percent of u coming?
like 40-60?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
ha ha at least i
dont talk and speak
in haikus anymore.....

but i am a writing genius
heh

DOJO what is the percent of u coming?
like 40-60?

LOL.

Dude did you read Dojos post?

Has good reasons not to come.

:(

3 tourneys less than 2 weeks apart?!? My parents wouldn't let me leave the front yard till I was 15 :laugh:

Dojo

Smash Champion
Money's not much of a problem either. I can pitch in for gas and all that jazz.
Lol but it's like an hour off of the trail for anybody coming and it's already a long drive.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
it is? Well the SBR said it wasn't if you all want to change it go ahead.

Alright then hylian you can stay with richard I'm not really that far away though its actually just like 30 minutes even with traffic thats how long it took when I went with David anyways.

Dojo can't you drive your self over here? If money isn't a problem why don't you use your car and just find like 4 other people to pitch in.

darce_ch0ke9

Smash Rookie
i just got my wii and i need some friend codes i live in juarez chihuahua my friend code is
1719-6330-6449

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Because I've driven almost over 1k miles in the past month and half. All this is putting alot of mileage on my car.
thats actually very good you know. supposedly on average its 1.1k miles a month. Also almost over 1k kind of means under 1k because you know soon as you hit 1001 your over just found that funny. Even so your under average right now and 13k miles a year actually seems like some bull**** number to me my mom drove like 30k in a year just from work and back we never travel.

Plus highway driving is better than city driving no johns.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Sorry. I meant just from tourneys. And I actually just checked it. It's a bit over.
Here to College Station is 300 miles one way.
Here to New Braunfels is 230 miles one way.

That doesnt include all the driving I've been doing lately from school, work, and going to the hospital and cemetary and all that jazz for my friends who got in a really bad accident.

I really don't feel like driving all that way.
I have 2 other tourney I can already attend and missing this one won't kill me.
I'd love to come but I'm not gonna break my neck to do it.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
****it Arturo!
I love how I was the first one offering a full set-up (Minus TV and Id still pay for Melee) Yet im not even on the list!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
XD well Still. Major players has 2 spare T.Vs so thats my set up =P
Im clearing all the names off my Brawl for this. I suggest doing the same.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Sean: MK is being banned because in order to make a realistic decision about his ban-worthiness, there needs to be data from both sides of the argument. TOs are encouraged to take a brief stance on the issue and make sure player/character results are posted.

Admittedly, I think it's a little silly because most top placing MKs spend a lot of their time playing him and won't have a character ready so the results will be skewed. MK players need to be given some kind of time frame to prepare for these to be accurate, but the issue of "I don't play MK but I can counterpick with him lol" is accounted for, at least.

Of course, people who want him banned because he counters their character will place higher and, having satisfied their egos, will believe that all is as it should be. Truthfully, I don't think the debate has much room for intellectual honesty. MK players want to win, non-MK players want to win.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
All right, I'm not sure why the hell I didn't post earlier. :laugh:
I'm MOST DEFININTELY ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY confirmed for this event. And the rest of Albuquerque NM better get their ***es over here.

I may be accepting money matches in MELEE under the quantity of $3 because I'm a pansy. Challenge me if you dare.

Oh, and thanks for banning MK. You guys need the join the social group @ http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=385 if you really believe in this, or else you're a pansy too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If El Paso wasn't 10 freakin' hours away and I had sufficient gas money, then I'd come. :(

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
All right, I'm not sure why the hell I didn't post earlier. :laugh:
I'm MOST DEFININTELY ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY confirmed for this event. And the rest of Albuquerque NM better get their ***es over here.

I may be accepting money matches in MELEE under the quantity of $3 because I'm a pansy. Challenge me if you dare.

Oh, and thanks for banning MK. You guys need the join the social group @ http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=385 if you really believe in this, or else you're a pansy too.
sucks that its only melee... I saw your ike icon and i wanted to MM you ike vs my falcon..

error13

Smash Journeyman
i don't know how to play anymore
especially after yesterday

i couldnt even talk with less
mistakes as i usually do with my stutter

im gonna an hero heh =p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Eh, I honestly believe that major tournaments should not be using anything besides the SBR rules at this point. I feel more like this tournament is banning Metaknight only because they're jumping on the gravy train and not because they actually want to collect data for the argument.

To be honest banning him for large tournaments doesn't help at this point anyway. It doesn't give the kind of data you're looking for because the data you will get will be short-term. We've decided to alternate banning him and unbanning him at the Dallas weeklies in order to get long-term information. For right now the same people will be playing the same characters; all banning Metaknight does (in the short-term, i.e this tournament) is force the Metaknight players to pick a different character which is completely unfair to the Metaknight players. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be banned; I'm just saying that banning him at large tournaments at this time is very unfair to the Metaknight players.

That and I want to come, but it's really not a good decision to spend that much money when I know that I won't do well at this point and doing well in tournament play is what I really enjoy. Unless everyone wants to $5 money match me on the side, then I'll come :p

Edit - You're going Rob?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Eh, major tournaments should not be using anything besides the SBR rules at this point. I feel more like this tournament is banning Metaknight only because they're jumping on the gravy train and not because they actually want to collect data for the argument. Hobo12 and the Dallas weeklies are going to do that just fine; banning him for this tournament is just excessive.

That and I want to come, but it's really not a good decision to spend that much money when I know that I won't do well at this point. Unless everyone wants to $5 money match me on the side :p
But are there a lot of people from out of town going to HOBO 12? We are having a whole lot more different people at our tournament. We had no trouble with the purple ball but at the beginning of this thread there were plenty of people that wanted the ban in this tourney. There was only like one or two defending. So sorry, you can always MM with your MK.
You would be the only MK i would fight. 5$ my gw/falco/wario vs your MK. dont know who i would choose.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
But are there a lot of people from out of town going to HOBO 12? We are having a whole lot more different people at our tournament. We had no trouble with the purple ball but at the beginning of this thread there were plenty of people that wanted the ban in this tourney. There was only like one or two defending. So sorry, you can always MM with your MK.
You would be the only MK i would fight. 5$ my gw/falco/wario vs your MK. dont know who i would choose.
doesn't matter because they all suck against him.

The people from the SBR coming to this actually said they wanted to see the "data" from a large touranment atracting OOS with MK banned in it. Sure its a bit unfair for MK mains if they really don't use anyone else but a lot of them do. How many MK mains with out secondaries are coming to this anyways?

Rockettrainer bring sethlon along he said gas money wasn't a problem he just doesn't have a car. It should be you badnewsbear and sethlon from the houston area. Haven't seen anyone else with intrest.

I had some trouble with my card to rudolf and i'm going to call sergio leiws today.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, I wouldn't be able to go because it is ten hours away. If I went, then I would leave the same day as the tourney. I usually don't stay overnight for any smash event unless they are during holidays.

Also, I would already be requesting off from work the previous week because of Hobo 12. Requesting two weeks off in a row isn't good. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom