• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
nah sethlon lives in the other direction he he needs a ride right now. Maybe if someone took him to hylians or something like that at least.

edit: someone tell me johns phone number so I can ask him about tomorrow tournament if you know tell me already.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I honestly believe that major tournaments should not be using anything besides the SBR rules at this point. I feel more like this tournament is banning Metaknight only because they're jumping on the gravy train and not because they actually want to collect data for the argument.

To be honest banning him for large tournaments doesn't help at this point anyway. It doesn't give the kind of data you're looking for because the data you will get will be short-term. We've decided to alternate banning him and unbanning him at the Dallas weeklies in order to get long-term information. For right now the same people will be playing the same characters; all banning Metaknight does (in the short-term, i.e this tournament) is force the Metaknight players to pick a different character which is completely unfair to the Metaknight players. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be banned; I'm just saying that banning him at large tournaments at this time is very unfair to the Metaknight players.
The SBR's stance on the issue right now is that both MK-allowed and MK-banned tournaments are legit, so this isn't outside of the SBR rules at all.

What you feel about why MK is banned here is irrelevant, man. The TOs decided to help us out on this one.

What banning metaknight can do for this tournament is allow a more diverse set of characters to be used without fear of running into MK. Falco could legitimately be the best character in the game, if MK isn't around. (probably more like 3rd or 4th, but it's arguably possible without metaknight.) G&W is better without Metaknight around. Snake of course was fine either way. DDD does better without him. ROB does better without him. Wario does better without him.

We're going to see a different set of tournament results when we remove metaknight. Ankoku is tracking non-MK tournaments separately to see what kind of new diversity we will see without him.

We're not terribly concerned with how the MK mains will feel. their feelings are not as important to us as making the smash community a more healthy, vibrant community. They can learn another character, just like the rest of us HAD to learn MK as we progressed in brackets.

Ultimately, they've had it pretty easy so far, anyways, amirite? :bee:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright so the touranment tomorrow is at the community collage on Hawkins and nothloop and it starts at 11:30 according to luis. Don't know if thats the actual tournament or registration so show up early.

Hopefully theres like 40+ people at this thing so we can get them all to come to the major players one.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Sean: I'm going to *try* to attend. It could be tough, but there seems to be an AZ convoy going. I'm more excited for the Melee tournament (which may have as many as TEN people entering, oh yeah) but I'm prepping for Brawl as well. We'll see if I can make it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol well from the looks of it I can guarantee at least 30 people attend the melee. Just a quick question to try and get the most out of this who here has to leave on Sunday mourning? The only reason we don't split it up into brawl pools/ melee Saturday is because we think people might have to leave and wont be able to go to the brackets the next day.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't know if I can make it anymore.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
For one thing, MK is banned and that is his main. Motivation dropped slightly.

He may also have real life problems to deal with at the time of this tourney. Case closed...

error13

Smash Journeyman

He may also have real life problems to deal with at the time of this tourney. Case closed...
Hes the only MK main in NM and that state is banning MK on nov first because he agreed to it. Also You can't close the case because its not yours to close.

This is Burrito on errors acount btw.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hes the only MK main in NM and that state is banning MK on nov first because he agreed to it.
Irrelevant to an extent. While I may agree with you, he may have real life situations to deal with still.

Also You can't close the case because its not yours to close.
Okay.

First of all, it's a figure of speech. I didn't mean it literally. Second of all, I didn't know you had to have rights to make conclusions...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

I was the only one in NM who needed to agree to MK being banned. So that has nothing to do with it.

Real life stuff :)
I <3 my girlfriend, that is why.

NM may still come, I may still come, it is just looking bleak.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If someone down there knows tap dance, I might be more likely to come.

I am learning Tap for "Singing in the Rain" its our musical for the spring.

:)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
And alright sinz I just didn't want it to be something with the rules or housing that discouraged you.

V3rm (since you don't know john) how are we going to re organize MP? I got 2 10 by 3 tables and 1 7 by 3 that we could use to set up TVs and crap.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
If someone down there knows tap dance, I might be more likely to come.

I am learning Tap for "Singing in the Rain" its our musical for the spring.

:)
O_O

We lost him guys!!! :_:

You should seriously come though...

Ill learn from youtube and teach you! XD

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
sinz if we can all make it from phoenix, and i can convince my wife that it's ok for me leave her by herself for 3 days, then you can convince your girlfriend that pikachu is calling your name from 3 hours away and she needs to understand that she comes second to mario vs pokemon vs donkey kong.

If you don't sort it out now she'll have your balls in a vise by the time you marry the chick.

Do it for the balls, man. Come to El Paso.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
sinz if we can all make it from phoenix, and i can convince my wife that it's ok for me leave her by herself for 3 days, then you can convince your girlfriend that pikachu is calling your name from 3 hours away and she needs to understand that she comes second to mario vs pokemon vs donkey kong.

If you don't sort it out now she'll have your balls in a vise by the time you marry the chick.

Do it for the balls, man. Come to El Paso.
I have a new sig.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Drunken message of the night: Everyone should come even from like the east coast and ****. This will be amazing. Then after i win the brawl tourney i will buy beer for everyone. Not 21 but ill do it somehow, so get your butts here already

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Drunken message of the night: Everyone should come even from like the east coast and ****. This will be amazing. Then after i win the brawl tourney i will buy beer for everyone. Not 21 but ill do it somehow, so get your butts here already
Please don't let booze defile the results. XD

Outside of that...get some mojitos

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Sinz you know how to deal with women. You have three hot sisters :p

All right Rob Wright, $3 MM, best of 5. Next time, don't bring your homework to a tourney. Typing an essay at AZOneTwo just looked so degrading. BTW even if wobbling isn't banned for this tourney, no wobbling in the mm.

Furious, I'll take your offer. best of 5, $1 mm Ike vs Falcon only. Maybe afterwards we could do a $1 falcon ditto. :)

So far I have $5 in MMs. I'm still a pansy.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Sinz you know how to deal with women. You have three hot sisters :p

All right Rob Wright, $3 MM, best of 5. Next time, don't bring your homework to a tourney. Typing an essay at AZOneTwo just looked so degrading. BTW even if wobbling isn't banned for this tourney, no wobbling in the mm.

Furious, I'll take your offer. best of 5, $1 mm Ike vs Falcon only. Maybe afterwards we could do a $1 falcon ditto. :)

So far I have $5 in MMs. I'm still a pansy.
At least 5$ lol or we can just play friendlies. If you insist i will do it though.

Was reading through some threads and look what i found "El Paso - A lot of stress on MELEE, but good Brawl as well. Close by. Melee players should definitely go."
Man are they going in for a surprise. I hate that we are judged from that tourney you guys went to and sucked.. oh well its been 4 months and remember melee skill transfers to brawl, so OOs get ready

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Does El Paso's smash scene post in this thread? From what I see, there is Arturito Burrito, Vermillion, Fallenangemon and duffman who post here. How sure are you guys to expect a 70+ turnout? Do you all have relations with the players from your area? If so, how do you communicate whether or not they will be in attendance?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Does El Paso's smash scene post in this thread? From what I see, there is Arturito Burrito, Vermillion, Fallenangemon and duffman who post here. How sure are you guys to expect a 70+ turnout? Do you all have relations with the players from your area? If so, how do you communicate whether or not they will be in attendance?
Not many of us are on smashboards. We recently just started posting too, many people have accounts but never post they just read. But like each one of us that is active has prolly like 5-10 friends that play. Plus those friends know more people so on and on. Then there always those local noobs that think they are undefeatable because they own their little brothers all the time. When we make tourneys we barely get the word out and its a good 60 people turnout. TMS will be big and we are spreading the word a lot to make this EPIC.
There are also other Video game communities here in EL Paso that are spreading the word about this tourney and will join themselves.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
not hardly any of us post in here. If you look theres actually a few more besides us 4 but guess you didn't really bother (I wouldn't to many pages).

We also know a lot of people and its pretty easy to get 60+. Do you really think we're just some 20 person town or something?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
LMAO!!!!

Oh wow at this topic.
Seriously, ban MK? ****in' ********.

Meh, well I guess I'm lucky I'm not going to this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom