• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Haha. Man, you guys obviously have the will and the talent to play. I haven't brushed up on my current events lately, but I'm pretty familiar with the demographics in El Paso because I know a couple of (older) kids from there, and I know it's tough to make things happen out there. I know you guys can work it out for both HOBO 10 and OH SNAP! v4.0, so I hope to see you guys soon. =)

If you need incentive, check out the constantly updated first post on my tourney thread. Look at how f'n participants we already have, and it hasn't been even 24 hours since I posted it. =) Work your magic, fellas!
What do you mean on older?? who do you happen to know?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'd be down to go.. HOBO is on a saturday? or a friday? and i could talk to my aunt against about getting those cheap tickets.. maybe like only 30-40$$ to fly out to Houston
but we'd need some kind of transportation :/
I think we could just take a taxi from there or if not just find a ride from someone. Doesn't anyone have friends in Houston?

Need to find out about them fast though and its on oct 4 on a Saturday right?

We need to organize this trip fast other wise we won't have any tournament that day. Also is it 40 bucks round trip? because other wise it might be more expensive than driving.

edit: I think I found a place to hold tournaments for free pretty often. I'll talk to the guy tomorrow and see what happens. kind of need you all to reply to me though so I can come up with a date.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I have family in houston, but they would only let me stay there. I'm not sure about how I could get there though, and I doubt my parents would let me leave town during school for a Brawl tourney.

Anyway, I'm going to update the OP with the current El Paso rankings. As of now, that's from V3RMILLION's tourney.

And thanks for the invites, to both Hylian an Le_THieN. El Paso appreciates it =D

EDIT: Hey, V3RMILLION. Do you still have the rankings from the Major Players tourney? The thread where you posted it got deleted.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Skyler: make sure you don't label it exactly that they are power ranks cause its against the rules and we dont moderators to take our thread away. Just put like our cities best people, nothing too serious i guess.

Neocell: SO any info about the tickets?? say yes or no so we can start planning some other way then.
Hey bro is that you on the 33rd place on the last tournament ranks by the name of Eric???;) lol

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Attention illegal immigrants and crackers, come to the doubles tourney at the D-Pad on October 18th. The date has been changed. 2 v 2 Swiss system with money match stations set up. Come make Smash history as we push 2 v 2 into the limelight and try out the sexy Swiss system (DE is dumb). All of TX's best will be there.

We've already got two big MMs going. Me vs Hylian for $100 and me vs Fogo for $100. Come attend and add your featured MM to the list and get it put on a Youtube channel with thousands of subscribers.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I can't travel the 18th I have school. hell maybe not even the 4th depending on how we organize this thing. Nothing is really a definite yes on me since we don't even know how we would be traveling yet, when we would leave, when we would come back. Kind of a lot of things to factor in.

Anyways I actually found a new place that will let me charge money for the entrance fee and not have to pay 90 bucks an hour so when would a good date be for you guys? I was thinking oct 20 or 27 would be a nice date, Also If I can get more tourneys in this just forget about the library one with no cash to much of a bother.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
**** it looking at the wrong month again lol. Well I might be able to go but who knows need to organize things more before deciding anything. That would make my tournament on the 25th then I think.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Is anyone going to major players tomorrow? or somewhere to play smash because I'm really going insane. 4 days with out smash is to much for furiousduffman just imagine how bad 4 weeks is.

also if we are going to travel to any of these we should just start planing a back up plan incase we can't get cheap tickets (which I think would still be more expensive than driving)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I can't go (school and parents), but I suggest that if you want to go, then ask to get put on the waiting list or something like that for flights to wherever your going and then if someone doesn't show up for the flight then you get to go.
I think it's cheaper than paying full ticket price

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well idk about traveling arrangements yet its kind of hard to do all this but I'm going to go ahead and host a tournament on the 11th its not at the library its in a park close to franklin. I'll get the name tomorrow when I talk to the guy about the date.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
So we have our own thread now eh?

We're FINALLY getting noticed. XD

I'm gonna move up in the rankings... ALL SICK.

error13

Smash Journeyman
heh ya actually mewlimar woulda been cool =[

oh well im still gonna change my name everytime i play heh

call me fickle

and as for the new discovery it was only for pit

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
heh ya actually mewlimar woulda been cool =[

oh well im still gonna change my name everytime i play heh

call me fickle

and as for the new discovery it was only for pit
move on, get over it. You know pit has no potential just use the stupid little shield graber

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Arturito, do you mean the one behind franklin?
Nope skyler thought it was that one too which has nothing but sand and grass lol. Adress is 7400 high ridge. Very hard to miss because Its where the street ends and its like a gated park so you can see the entrance from a mile away.

I'll try and make the flyer today so we can start getting the word out.

And how did you finally get in richard? Louis said you had made like 20 accounts and none of them worked.

error13

Smash Journeyman
actually v3rm put me against u or duff
in the first round, i can take out
the scrubs pretty fast

unless that is either of u are scared?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
This will only last for some days like when Raul beat me with gayknight. I will come back and own you. Its gay but i will call a double blind pick every time i play people that i normally play with

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
actually v3rm put me against u or duff
in the first round, i can take out
the scrubs pretty fast

unless that is either of u are scared?
Hah. Nah, I know I'll lose. I don't play everyday. I'll just put you against Josh. That'll learn you. Or maybe I'll just put you against that Snake so you can lose. AGAIN.

error13

Smash Journeyman
heh ya, i wont lose to anyone that ugly ever again....

duff we have to go to houston, seriously that hylain guy thinks he is so good
and i dunno if he is or not, but i think we would fair against them

i just don't like cocky people and im not cocky despite what vermillion says
heh he makes up those false quotes

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Hah. You're a little cocky. But I just like giving you **** because you never win matches when you obviously should. And the need for double blind picks is stupid. I hate people who counter pick. Just pick your ****ing character and fight for goodness sake.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
double blind picks is a way to avoid those counter picks, thats why i would use them. Like i heard there was a guy in HOBO 10 that was just counter picking peoples characters and he was able to place pretty high.

I do want to go to Houston to save them from Hurricane Ike, i am the one the calm it down with a knee from Capt. Falcon. We will talk about this at MP today

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think that may have happened to me at the anime con because I picked Ike right away and then got stuck fighting pikachu and ROB. I'm actually going to call double blind picks from now on too.

tell me how the hobo 10 discussion goes.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bah. Mario has no good counterpick except for Game and Watch. So I'm the lucky one?

Top Bottom