• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I can make one. I'm just lazy. So its the 27th for sure? I need to know so I can go to Kinko's soon and make mini flyers. We should use this tournament to make our Power Rankings crap. The results will decide who the best EP players are. Well, the top 10 anyway. Anything after that would be silly. I don't think anyone cares who the 33rd best player in EP is anyway...

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
If i am ranked 24th people better care about me!!
How come i never see Tetsuya and all of them on this??
Lets play tomorrow for 6 hours straight after work again!!!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
have to do good in this tournament then so I can brag about being top 10 in el paso the town of nothing. Post the flyer here as well even if its just a printscreen so we can make copies here because I'm not going all the way to socorro to pick up sheets of paper.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well thats where furriousdufman lives and he said your part of town. I just assumed you lived there too. even so either send me something in aim or upload it somewhere to be downloaded.

edit: crap I just remembered that I'm going to be out of town on the 27th, any chance we can change it to the next or previous week? The 20th still gives us about 2 weeks to do it. I can get the word around in that time.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Hah. I had stuff to do. I'm not sure if I can play at MP tomorrow. I can play for a while at UTEP if you're going to be there Duffman. I has homeworks to do.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I am was planning to go to work early... maybe on thursday ill take it. I really need money, i wouldn't mind if everyone just lets me win the tourney.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok. Well thats cool. Are you going to MP for sure? Maybe I'll show up at 8. I don't think I can before then.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I don't care. Duffman? NeoCell? OutlawStar? Where are you!? Answer! Does anyone care if its moved to the 22nd? I'm only an elected official! I can't make answers on my own! JAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Heck if i care as long as its enough time to spread the word around and get people ready for it, thats all that matters.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
The tournament can be tomorrow for all i care just please start advertising it now, how can i help?

Also remember that if we do move it, it would need to be on the 20th since thats a saturday so now we only have 10 days left

We need to hurry also so we can tell people from the outside to see if they can come.
I have read some threads and people have stuff to do on the 20th anyway so ignore my last sentence

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Lol I just noticed the 22nd is a monday. I ment the week before so I have no idea why I didn't say 22nd. I'll print out copies of the flyer as soon as I get one. You can all email it or send it over AIM/msn if you want. I'll also make an announcement at my school to see if people want to go.

Also My tournament that was going to be October 11th has to be moved to a Sunday or like all the way till November because it turns out all these big events happen in October. I'm gana go ahead and try to make one somewhere else mean while if Sunday isn't ok.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well for me as long as it's on a weekend Im fine with the date.
Skyler, I was thinking, although it may be a pain, what if you update the OP with the tournaments and their dates

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Well the 20th is kind of cutting it close. What if we do it the first Saturday in October? I just don't want to have a low turnout. It's a waste of my precious, precious time.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hmm... Well the 20th is kind of cutting it close. What if we do it the first Saturday in October? I just don't want to have a low turnout. It's a waste of my precious, precious time.
you have a point especially if your host, it really sucks to have a low attendance

(agh, its so hard to write English after writing Spanish)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright I'm up for that. What date would you guys like my tournament then? would one the 1st saturday then another the second sunday be ok? or should I delay it to like the next week?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Sounds good i guess, no one from Texas will come, they are having the biggest tourney in Houston, Mew2king is even supposed to show. Maybe New Mexico people if they arent going anywhere? You guys think we would be able to break 60 people locally? :):laugh::bee::(:embarrass:dizzy:;):ohwell::confused::lick::p:mad::chuckle::urg::psycho:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Sounds good i guess, no one from Texas will come, they are having the biggest tourney in Houston, Mew2king is even supposed to show. Maybe New Mexico people if they arent going anywhere? You guys think we would be able to break 60 people locally? :):laugh::bee::(:embarrass:dizzy:;):ohwell::confused::lick::p:mad::chuckle::urg::psycho:
heck no, 60 people is WAAAAY to much for El Paso:laugh:just kidding that would be nice though

Arturito, If you separate them, then that would be nice, bacause one day after another is way to hard

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I don't think I know any of you guys, but all of my fellow Texans in the fine city of El Paso are cordially invited to this little tournament of mine in Norman, OK. I've upped the spoils considerably since I initially put up the invitation late last night, and slowly but surely the registrants are falling in line. I've already had a couple of Dallas guys come up for my last event a few weeks ago, and I'm currently trying get them as well as some of the other best players around the state to come up for this one, as well. I've specifically planned and am currently organizing it around the participation of Texas players, so not only is everyone here invited, by your presence would be greatly appreciated. =)

It's more than two months down the road, but I figure I would get a head start on this to ensure some out-of-state participation. I'm pretty confident I can make this worth everyone's while. Let me know in my tournament thread in the next coming weeks if you're interested. Everything you need to know should be there as well.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
heck no, 60 people is WAAAAY to much for El Paso:laugh:just kidding that would be nice though

Arturito, If you separate them, then that would be nice, bacause one day after another is way to hard
well rhe lest tournament had 63 entrants, so dont underestimate EL Paso lol, i am sure we can get more people if we get the word around

Alright I'm up for that. What date would you guys like my tournament then? would one the 1st saturday then another the second sunday be ok? or should I delay it to like the next week?
you should make it 2 weeks after Vermillions tourney which would be on the 18th of October
I don't think I know any of you guys, but all of my fellow Texans in the fine city of El Paso are cordially invited to this little tournament of mine in Norman, OK. I've upped the spoils considerably since I initially put up the invitation late last night, and slowly but surely the registrants are falling in line. I've already had a couple of Dallas guys come up for my last event a few weeks ago, and I'm currently trying get them as well as some of the other best players around the state to come up for this one, as well. I've specifically planned and am currently organizing it around the participation of Texas players, so not only is everyone here invited, by your presence would be greatly appreciated. =)

It's more than two months down the road, but I figure I would get a head start on this to ensure some out-of-state participation. I'm pretty confident I can make this worth everyone's while. Let me know in my tournament thread in the next coming weeks if you're interested. Everything you need to know should be there as well.
Thanks a lot for the invite (we are actually noticed a bit) Hylian and Sethlon are going so that makes things interesting. Like you said its still months away so i will not say i am going yet but if everything goes well i am sure a couple of us will make it. Just make sure to remind us incase we forget please;)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot for the invite (we are actually noticed a bit) Hylian and Sethlon are going so that makes things interesting. Like you said its still months away so i will not say i am going yet but if everything goes well i am sure a couple of us will make it. Just make sure to remind us incase we forget please;)
Absolutely! Thank you for the hospitality, and if you guys do end up coming up to Norman, it will be returned in kind. I also want to mention that housing will be FREE if you make it, so don't any of you stress about that. We know the constraints and financial ramifications that accompany making big trips like this to play a video game (especially at around $3.50/gallon of gas right now), so we're serious about making everything as easy for Texas OoSers as possible.

Anyway, I'm bringing some of my crew down for HOBO 11, so if you guys are just worried that there are just a bunch of scrubs up in Oklahoma, rest assured: we have same very nifty background credentials, and we are very poised to run all over as much of the competition as possible. =)

Hope to see you guys soon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

well, i don't think my parents will let me go to Oklahoma for a SMASH tournament of all things. If I could i would even go to new York(man i love that place), but your invite is well appreciated;)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Absolutely! Thank you for the hospitality, and if you guys do end up coming up to Norman, it will be returned in kind. I also want to mention that housing will be FREE if you make it, so don't any of you stress about that. We know the constraints and financial ramifications that accompany making big trips like this to play a video game (especially at around $3.50/gallon of gas right now), so we're serious about making everything as easy for Texas OoSers as possible.

Anyway, I'm bringing some of my crew down for HOBO 11, so if you guys are just worried that there are just a bunch of scrubs up in Oklahoma, rest assured: we have same very nifty background credentials, and we are very poised to run all over as much of the competition as possible. =)

Hope to see you guys soon.
Nice, i was going ask about housing cause for El Paso we would be looking at about a 12 hour drive. It is really appreciated thanks, i wish i could offer the same but my home is no where near good for hospitality lol

HOBO 11 gets more exciting everyday, i want to go...
For the whole scrubs thing, NM says the same thing. They say that TX does not respect them, EL Paso though might probably be included with you guys lol its like if we dont exist so don't worry about us. We are just far from smash scenes and Albuquerque hasn't done interesting stuff lately

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Nice, i was going ask about housing cause for El Paso we would be looking at about a 12 hour drive. It is really appreciated thanks, i wish i could offer the same but my home is no where near good for hospitality lol
Haha, don't worry about me; I'm looking to taking care of you guys first. =)

HOBO 11 gets more exciting everyday, i want to go...
For the whole scrubs thing, NM says the same thing. They say that TX does not respect them, EL Paso though might probably be included with you guys lol its like if we dont exist so don't worry about us. We are just far from smash scenes and Albuquerque hasn't done interesting stuff lately
Yeah, it's strange that you guys have a thick enough demographic to have your own thread, but yet you guys don't seem to have any representation on the TX Power Rankings. It's okay, though - I'm positive you guys have some decent talent out there, and I think we can definitely help each other out in this instance. Sit on it for awhile and lemme know if you guys want to join the party. =)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yeah, it's strange that you guys have a thick enough demographic to have your own thread, but yet you guys don't seem to have any representation on the TX Power Rankings. It's okay, though - I'm positive you guys have some decent talent out there, and I think we can definitely help each other out in this instance. Sit on it for awhile and lemme know if you guys want to join the party. =)
the poor representation, IMO, mostly comes from the ethnicities in El Paso. I mean the East side has a poorer section, and the West side can be stuck up sometimes, so:dizzy: yeah, I think it's more because of the people that we don't have enough players therefore less representation.

but that's just me

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Haha, don't worry about me; I'm looking to taking care of you guys first. =)

We dont travel even close to enough to go test ourselves but i hope that changes soon. I have been to tourneys at San Antonio but i was a noob back then. I got to play DMK, Jazz, and pozerwolf (#10) i did start beating pozer like 50/50 before i came back. Its been months now so things can just go either way. Havent posted any videos of me in a few months either. Looking foward to play against different people

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
El Paso should come to Hobo 11 :).

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
El Paso should come to Hobo 11 :).
Thats what i am saying, but i dont know about anyone else but like housing in houston would be hard for me because of money issues. Plus who in El Paso would be down to go? its Oct 4th eventhough our tourney is that day:( VERMILLION where are you!?!?

I just noticed i would be on vacation on work!!

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down to go. So would we postpone my tournament? I don't really care all that much. We could have it later in October, or like the first Saturday of November. I dunno. Housing is no matter for me. We never got housing from NM. Not that I cared really, I'd rather stay in a hotel than a stranger's house.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I'd be down to go. So would we postpone my tournament? I don't really care all that much. We could have it later in October, or like the first Saturday of November. I dunno. Housing is no matter for me. We never got housing from NM. Not that I cared really, I'd rather stay in a hotel than a stranger's house.
Thats y i wanted the tourney before to see if i could MAYBE win and have some money to be able to attend.. The more i get excited to more it seems impossible to go. 20$ for entry venue and tourney, 2 nights of hotel= at least $80? Gas another 80$ for round trip? whose car? it doesn't sound that expensive no more i guess, but i am close to bankrupt lol.

Neocell

Smash Rookie
I'd be down to go.. HOBO is on a saturday? or a friday? and i could talk to my aunt against about getting those cheap tickets.. maybe like only 30-40$$ to fly out to Houston
but we'd need some kind of transportation :/

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Haha. Man, you guys obviously have the will and the talent to play. I haven't brushed up on my current events lately, but I'm pretty familiar with the demographics in El Paso because I know a couple of (older) kids from there, and I know it's tough to make things happen out there. I know you guys can work it out for both HOBO 10 and OH SNAP! v4.0, so I hope to see you guys soon. =)

If you need incentive, check out the constantly updated first post on my tourney thread. Look at how f'n participants we already have, and it hasn't been even 24 hours since I posted it. =) Work your magic, fellas!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I am sure some one nice enough to pick us up or something but ask about the tickets ASAP and how many could she get? it would probably be cheaper too... We need to know fast though. Tourney is on saturday at 12 noon.

Top Bottom