• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Well as far as sponsoring goes, what do you actually need from the sponsor? Prizes? Setups? And the Major Players tournament lasted until around 7. And that was with us running 6 setups. Duffman, if there is no REAL tournament setup by the time that guy comes to town, you can always just go to MP and take TV's and Wiis and just play there. We could have a mini tournament and I'm sure the Newports, the guys from the West Side, and Richard and the jolly green giant Brandon will go.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I am an Americas high school tutor if that helps in any way lol, or you would have to just bribe a teacher which mean the pot would be a little lower.

Thanks for the MP inv, i just dont really like going and bringing people it just seems wrong. Dont let powder play, disqualify him or something. I kinda want to start playing melee again, i will be carrying that instead of brawl for a little while cause my bro will be playing mario sluggers :(

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Nah. Don't worry about it. Whenever you want to go by is fine. The stations don't get that much use anyway. They mostly get used Saturday mornings. And you can always play in the back room if you want. We don't use that for anything.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Sponsors are for prizes. They can also help with setting up stations if its a video game store doing it.

edit: I'm going to advertise this in smash mex as well so hopefully people from Juarez can come over that might increase our numbers a good bit I imagine at least 5 - 10.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Sponsors are for prizes. They can also help with setting up stations if its a video game store doing it.

edit: I'm going to advertise this in smash mex as well so hopefully people from Juarez can come over that might increase our numbers a good bit I imagine at least 5 - 10.
i tried putting Vermillion's tourney on there, dont think it worked. good luck. So are you going to try and make the tourney on the 11 to be like real big?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well I'm going to try and get as many people as I can other tourneys can be bigger later on. My plan is pretty much advertising el paso gamers though lol. I'm going to put the url in the fliers I'll make.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I know of two Gamestops on the Eastside that will let you advertise. Plus you can always advertise at Major Players.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
i am going to take my cube from like 9-11 to Utep if anyone wants to play. Been getting a lot of smash booty calls lately and i want to get better at melee... Vermillion, are you going to be able to play on tuesdays?

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I'm probably garbage in Melee now. Who has been challenging you to Melee?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm probably garbage in Melee now. Who has been challenging you to Melee?
first it was some noobs that i know but they were good sand bags so it was a good warm up. I played with richard too. Then i got a friend down here that had a semi-good falco. Prolly been playing more melee than brawl. The tournament is so far away though, going a little crazy i need something to kill time

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I tried playing Melee a few days ago and I sucked. I can hardly even wavedash anymore.

Also, I could get Franklin High to host a tournament, but there are two things:

- Chances are, we'll get a lot of scrubs complaining about no items (or if they make me use items, I'll just use the items standard play and they'll complain about no hammers).

- No cash prizes. It's against some district rule. Hopefully, we could get Gamestop to sponsor and give us like gift certificates to give to the top three.

Anyway, that's all the info I have right now.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Duffman are you going to Utep tomorrow? And are you taking Melee or Brawl? I kinda hate playing at Utep cause its always 4 ways...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I tried playing Melee a few days ago and I sucked. I can hardly even wavedash anymore.

- Chances are, we'll get a lot of scrubs complaining about no items (or if they make me use items, I'll just use the items standard play and they'll complain about no hammers).

- No cash prizes. It's against some district rule. Hopefully, we could get Gamestop to sponsor and give us like gift certificates to give to the top three.

Do checks. They aren't Cash :D

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord

Wait so who is running the tourney you or arturito burrito? or both? or maybe we can actually pay gamestop for the gift cards? or check lol Dont tell anyone that its no items till the day comes that way they are in anyway.

Duffman are you going to Utep tomorrow? And are you taking Melee or Brawl? I kinda hate playing at Utep cause its always 4 ways...
yeah i will be there from 7-11, then work, then major players at 4:30? or if things get interesting i can call in sick?;) ill try to take both

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey when is your guys next tourney?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Hey when is your guys next tourney?
One is supposed to be oct. 11 for sure. Other than that i dont think anyone is sure but if anything it will be posted on here. I want to talk to people to see if a couple of us could go to an Albuquerque tourney

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If there is going to be a tournament AT Franklin High School, then I'll probably be the TO. Arturo is TO-ing for the one on the 11th.

I think that there's a chance that I could get an exemption to be able to give out cash prizes, but maybe not. If not though, we can give GameStop some advertising so that we can give out gift cards as prizes.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
When I talked to gamestop they told me it might be hard to get them to sponsor tournaments because they do "bigger things" I haven't actually been able to call though because my dad came over for a week vacation and I spent the whole weekend with him (and didn't really do anything). I would probably be co-TO if skyler needs any help and I'm going to look at some other places I thought of for hosting where we can give out cash prizes.

BTW who could bring Wiis, brawl copies, and TVs to the oct 11 tournament.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well school tournaments need to have a teacher or some sort of school employee present so unless its like one of those use cell phones if you want but don't get caught teachers we probably wouldn't be able to charge money.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
October is so far away... Lets have one. Liek now.
I think they are having one sept. 20th at albuquerque. I am down to go but i got no car...
tourney starts at 2 so we could like leave in mornin, own a bit or get owned then drive back so we dont have to get a room or something. all we would really pay would be gas food and entrance fee.
I worry about my skill sometimes though, i win and they get randomly beat by rauls gayknight or a random kirby wtF??? The tier list is playing mindgames on me too. I can't take it anymore. I quit:lick:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I always worry about my skill as well. I don't like saying I'm good but then people are like wow your the best Ike I've seen. Then I get a bit of confidence and then get owned by someone extremely bad.

I think I would be able to go as well though.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Ok i un-quit now.
nice to know people are down. Ill try and get more info this week or next week, its somewhere in the NM thread.
Arturito Burrito: your Ike is the best i have seen, its just he can be predictable and slow. Just keep at it, i believe low-mid characters can be badass, i am going to try on falcon lol

Here is the link, hopefully its popular though otherwise y go....
http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4665&st=0#entry16047

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Don't go to Dead Men's Den, it is not that great of a venue. It is cramped and all small like.

Doubles is the shiz :D

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I could bring a wii with brawl. We should just do money under the table, no one will ever find out, stupid school rules...
Blah...

My mom would be the staff member present. She's the one in charge of the school group that could actually sponsor the event (student activities).

I'd be glad if you could help co-TO. I'm hoping for a few of my friends to help as well, so that way we don't get any n00bs trying to pick illegal stages or use the infinite cape glitch.

And I can't go to the Albequrque tourney. My parents wouldn't want me to go off with a bunch of people they've never met. I want to go, but my parents wouldn't let me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Blah...

My mom would be the staff member present. She's the one in charge of the school group that could actually sponsor the event (student activities).

I'd be glad if you could help co-TO. I'm hoping for a few of my friends to help as well, so that way we don't get any n00bs trying to pick illegal stages or use the infinite cape glitch.

And I can't go to the Albequrque tourney. My parents wouldn't want me to go off with a bunch of people they've never met. I want to go, but my parents wouldn't let me.
Don't even try to go yet.
I will let you guys know when a good tourney is coming up.

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Sounds good. When is there going to be a mini smashfest on the westside...i know major players on tues. but nothing can be set up for the westside?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Blah...

Wait so if your mom is staff, does that mean we can do money after all??
Sounds good. When is there going to be a mini smashfest on the westside...i know major players on tues. but nothing can be set up for the westside?
In about 2 weeks i will have days off work, i will let you know when i am around that area. Like tuesday we played at UTEP for a while and then went to major players lol. Even played melee. Hadn't had that much fun in a while.

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Lol nice, been wanting to play you and powder for a while so looking forward to it. Ill talk to gibson or vang as you may now him, maybe we can meet up at his place on one of your days off...of course if he lets us.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Lol nice, been wanting to play you and powder for a while so looking forward to it. Ill talk to gibson or vang as you may now him, maybe we can meet up at his place on one of your days off...of course if he lets us.
Powder can beat me now but he gets beat by other people. He knows my style too much.
I do want to play that lucario again, i should beat you with G&W but if it comes down to pick wario its ok.
I think gibson is down, just tell him ill own him again and im sure he wont back down from the challenge. I want to play MK the most possible before i go to central TX. A lot of people use him there.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Almost forgot about the guy that is coming from Austin around the 20s this month. He wants a smashfest if there is no tourney. Keep this thread going, i need 100 posts to enter a GW tourney lol. Also people underestimate me or think i am a noob because of my posts. :(

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
well i know you're a noob.. but not cuz of your posts ;)
Does anyone know this noobiecell guy? jk bro
Dont say i am a noob, people read these things and they will believe you. :urg:

Got some BAD news, just finished talking to the guy that was coming from Austin, he cant come no more but he said he would come to the tourney on Oct 11. So please we need to really work on getting this thing to be big so we can impress some people

Top Bottom