• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

eighteenspikes' video is doneeeeeeeeeeeeee

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I am quite up to the level to add to this yet but this would be an amazing video if it ended up receiving clips from some of the greats.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I figure before more posts come in I'll describe some details
- I have already picked the song and the theme and its A SECRET, don't sign on to this if you might be sensitive over the music
- you don't have to be a "great" doc, whatever that even means. I could either start a thread asking who the great docs are, or take clips from every doc and hand pick them, and we all already know which one of those will turn out better.
- I'm looking for variety and substance. I don't want accidental up b spikes or bthrow to cape. I'm pretty sure over the course of many matches, any doc can be fortunate and get at least a few nasty combos on tape. That's why I'm only looking for a few clips per doc, your best clips.

I'll let this go for a week or so to see if there's interest before I start editing music and cutting out some of my own combos. Post up docs!! I believe in you!!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'm seriously personally ashamed to see a thread asking how to hold the controller get more posts than this. What the ****.
Anyways, I only just now noticed sk8inGam0r's thread about a compilation vid, maybe he's got some clips already prepared, I'm gonna pm him

Gea

Smash Master
Give me a week. Two tops. Well... unless you wanna take something from the (two) vids I have on youtube right now...

That are sketchy. I hadn't played in awhile and was jumping around in characters so I wound up airdodging SO MUCH. AGH. </johns>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUpya1inMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmOliA8xk8E

I have slightly better versions (quality) of those but I'd rather record some more matches for you. ;o

Also: I can talk to Cyphus. He has some pwnage clips.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I can hook you up with some stuff for this.

Good idea :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, i wasnt on the last 2 days, but here i am :D
i´d love to see this, but cause i live in europe, and my Capture card sucks i can only record Black and White (or some spastic blue Oo) because my CaptureCard can´t cope with 60Hz

but if you dont mind, i could check for some combos, eventhough i DONT think i could find anything good ;)
please do this, if all fails, just make an own combo vid, i´d love to see another doc video!

edit:
now we have as many posts as the "holding controller" thing ;)

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I'm interested in this combo vid. I'd like to be a part of it. If you're interested in having me in it eighteenspikes, feel free to take some combos from any of my vids. on youtube. All except from my combo vid. "The Medic Man", since those combos have already been used in a combo vid. it wouldn't really make sense >_>. Although most of my vids. of my Doc. on youtube are pretty dang old, the combos in them could suffice if you find the right ones. P.M. me or IM me when you get the chance so we can talk in more detail.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Cool!!! Posts!!!!

Okay this seems like it can maybe get off the ground, might as well get started. However one thing that I must ask is that you at least try to make things as easy on me as possible. Here is a hierarchy of clip preference:

:bigthumbu Cut out clips with a second or so of padding before the beginning and after the end, decent quality wmv, sent to me through email or file sharing
:grin: Entire matches in decent quality wmv, sent to me through email or file sharing
:ohwell: Cut out clips in decent quality, with sudden beginning/end or huge gaps between moves, email or fileshare
:urg: Clips or entire matches in poor quality, corrupted frames, color distortion, etc email or fileshare
:demon: Youtube anything (**** quality by default)

I really don't have the capabilities to efficiently make a pretty video out of clips ripped one by one from youtube, so unless there's this amazing combo that had the original deleted, I can see what I can do, but otherwise plleeaase avoid youtube if you can.

I'm going to be REALLY BUSY this next week, to the point of probably not even touching my computer until at least Thursday night. So this should be a good amount of time for people to get some clips together and get some more interest going! I'll accept as many clips as you have, but I wont actually use more than like 8 per doc (or less depending on interest).

my email is eighteenspikes@gmail.com

Can't wait to see how this turns out! :chuckle:

edit, can this get stickied? :)

alcheato

Smash Ace
I would love to get in on this. Bah..I'll actually have to get around to recording something.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
brilliant idea spikey. Unfortunately I don't have many matches recorded but if find a good combo on a random match somewhere I'd love to make an appearance :).

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to contribute if i've got anything of anywhere near the quality you're looking for. I'll look through some of my recordings and see if i can find anything particularly cool... is there a time you'd like all these clips by, or..?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'd love to contribute if i've got anything of anywhere near the quality you're looking for. I'll look through some of my recordings and see if i can find anything particularly cool... is there a time you'd like all these clips by, or..?
No, I probably wont even start editing my song(s) until the end of this coming week. I'm typing a speech right now to practice and deliver tonight, tomorrow I have work and class until 6, then after class I have to drive 2 hours each way to pick up somebody from the airport, Wednesday I have court and then I have to drive that guy back 2 hours each way, then on Thursday I've got school and a date (;)). So I'm going to be mad busy until Thursday night. I expect to spend a week or two on it, so you can send me stuff during that time and I'll still consider them. But don't drag ***!!

I'd also like to take this time to say that direct captures are definitely preferred over digital cameras, however, I think my storyboard would have a place for a few digital camera clips, so if there's some good stuff in the match I'll still check it out.

Sago

Smash Lord
you know what, ill uhm send in 1 of my combos that i found particularly good and other then that ill get together with fade for a weekend and record a few doc matchs :) ill talk to you soon spikes

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Lol...I don't combo often...drat

If I only had some way to recording matches myself-- as opposed to BDawgPhD doing it for me--I may have some instances of sick combos (most relying on techchasing, but meh)

I'll see what I can do

Sago

Smash Lord
o wow the legendary bob money :D that was a sick combo, and on another note i would really like this to get off the ground :) send spikes your videos

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
oh sweet Bob Money!!
My date was awesome you guys!! I'm in a really good mood! But I don't have enough clips to even begin piecing together a vid. Send me stuff, I'll start cutting out clips of my own and I'll work on a song. YAY!!

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, its been a while since i last posted on smashboards but as soon as i came back i entered this thread and i know im not mentioned on the list but i thought i could contribute and ill post my vids here and if u guys like them well be free to use them ;p send me a private message just in case alright? peace out!

LuigiMax (Doc) Vs Eval (Peach)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DZyCzIxUPfQ

LuigiMax (Doc) Vs GAP (IC)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U8yTK7h3HZY

Edit!!: I might not be as Awesome as Bob$, or be as great as $Mac, but im the best doc player in Puerto Rico and i have some pretty good moves i think, watch them and tell me what u guys think.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i recorded a few matches, but i´m not really good with combos :D

you can check 2 of them out in my vid section, and in this one (its also in the vid section there´s one pretty cool combo by ShYne (not me -.-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEsoixAGrA

its somewhere in the middle
(grab-uair-jab regrab-uair-jab-regrab-uair)
(i know, wrong DI...
but its really cool to look at
(and sadly, its not by me :( )

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
haha xD

You can put me in in that combo video cuz of my amazingness ( lol NOOOT).
But if you want you can use that scene (I can cut it and upload on filefront if you like)

hmmm the combo sucks tho xD
its round 1:31 i think

idk Yomis Doc is like 20 times better but i won , **** luck i suppose xD

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Yo eighteen, I have clips to send you but i dont have them. One of my crewmatescan send it through AIM or email you a zip file or something.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
k that works. I've received like two .wmv's so far, the rest are youtube and I have yet to even touch them. I'm sure I will get to them eventually but until then I would like to remind you all of the following:

Here is a hierarchy of clip preference:

:bigthumbu Cut out clips with a second or so of padding before the beginning and after the end, decent quality wmv, sent to me through email or file sharing
:grin: Entire matches in decent quality wmv, sent to me through email or file sharing
:ohwell: Cut out clips in decent quality, with sudden beginning/end or huge gaps between moves, email or fileshare
:urg: Clips or entire matches in poor quality, corrupted frames, color distortion, etc email or fileshare
:demon: Youtube anything (**** quality by default)

I really don't have the capabilities to efficiently make a pretty video out of clips ripped one by one from youtube, so unless there's this amazing combo that had the original deleted, I can see what I can do, but otherwise plleeaase avoid youtube if you can.
As for a timeline, I'm actually going to postpone work on this until next Tuesday, seeing as how that's when my Thanksgiving break starts. Until then I want to make sure I'm totally caught up with school. This builds up hype too I guess, lol
Send me .wmv's plz! :)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
so, 2 people sent me clips. :urg: this really wasn't what I was hoping for. Thanks Rook and Sago, and sorry to everyone else that was looking forward to being in it, but I can't use so many youtube videos if I want the overall quality to be decent. I'll just make another video for myself. Look for it later! :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, thats fine too, main thing is there IS another doc vid...
sry that i couldnt be of any help didnt get to record any matches but that one time, and nothing m-azing happened, i´m just not a combo player :D

Good luck with the video, i´m looking forward to it!

Top Bottom