• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hooray!!! Who is Lee maining these days?

Sudai

Stuff here
He mains MK, but he plays Snake and Sonic a -lot-. He can hold his own with about half the cast, but those three are definitely their best, in that order.

Sudai

Stuff here
Oh, Lee doesn't play Melee competitively anymore. He prefers Brawl. Crazy, huh? He's lost a lot of his Melee skills, sadly, but when Taylor makes him play, he just jumps around the top the top 6 excluding Peach. (Can't remember if she's above or below CFalc.. >.>)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ahh. When I used to main Doc, I always talked to Cyphus and he kept telling me how much Lee was improving. It's said to hear he's gone to Brawl. :( I wanted to have played him at his top. Oh well.

So what's Louisiana's impression for Brawl/melee? Like, which is more favored?

Sudai

Stuff here
All of our tournies have shifted to Brawl, but there's still a lot of Melee support. I'm fairly sure the reason we don't have Melee tournies or Melee at our brawl tournies is because Melee scares all the casuals away and right now we're pulling in 30+ people for brawl on a monthly basis (lowest we've had was 32 people, usually closer to 40) so there's a big pot, and yeah. Lee's still pretty good, but he's definitely not as good as he used to be, sad to say. He loves Brawl so much though. Like, he loves it more than any of the other big smashers in LA.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ahhh. That's pretty understandable. It's like melee month in October, lol... or at least for CT.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
All of our tournies have shifted to Brawl, but there's still a lot of Melee support. I'm fairly sure the reason we don't have Melee tournies or Melee at our brawl tournies is because Melee scares all the casuals away and right now we're pulling in 30+ people for brawl on a monthly basis (lowest we've had was 32 people, usually closer to 40) so there's a big pot
that's exactly how it is in SoVa except with smaller numbers :( [35 would be a HIGH for us...usually 25-30] But Melee's definitely on the rise again. All the fests end up turning into mini tourneys =D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We had a guy Enter QBB just for Melee, and he'd never been apart of the smash scene before.

I was amazed.

It's funny, we've converted Amaterasu to Melee, and now it's all he wants to practice lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We had a guy Enter QBB just for Melee, and he'd never been apart of the smash scene before.

I was amazed.

It's funny, we've converted Amaterasu to Melee, and now it's all he wants to practice lol.
That sig is halrious for some reason lol.

porc

Smash Journeyman
let's be the annoying guy :

any news ? don't forget about we europeans, we need to book our flight eaaaarly !

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
So; many states are going back to real smash(a.k.a Melee)?
Really, Brawl is not worth playing on a competitive level, when you have Melee. <_<
Also, you get bored of Brawl after a few minutes(at least I do), and that's not how a game should be.

And yeah: try to book the venue asap, as Europeans wanna book cheap tickets early :D

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hai, im a 17 year old female gamer looking for a guy/girl(yes im bi ^////^) age 17-19 who's into super smash bros melee, but ONLY if your a competitive player, I don't want any lame n00bs. I love gaming, walks on the beach, romantic dinners(promptly followed by more gaming XD) My turn offs are n00bs who cant take losing to a girl and Barlw.

<3

Top Bottom