• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easters/little things you've noticed.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
link has a couple kicking attacks, but toon link has none. it's probably because of the shortness of his windwaker legs.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think that was on the dojo, that they replaced all the kicking attacks with sword attacks.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
People make a different sounds when they shorthop and regular jump.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this has been said before but when you swallow Waddle-Doos you don't get the beam ability. You can swallow Dedede and MK when you couldn't in the Kirby games and MK will fight you without giving you a sword.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Lucario never smiles, despite the many attempts that Rupeeclock tried. the closest he got was having the camera directly in front of him, at the right angle, it makes a pseudo-smile.

R.O.B. does not smile.

and metaknight always smiles. but you never see it.

if king DDD sucks a landmine from snake, it makes a constant explosion.

when a metroid is sucking on you, you have unlimited Up-b's (and other moves that put you in freefall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkMXMtL5DY&feature=related
i've never been able to do that or the infinite metaknight's Down-b glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmwKfPchms

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
yea im sure the fact metaknight is happier than gannondorf[read the last few pages] in super gannondorf sunshine but coz he wears a mask you cant see this uber smile...isnt an easter egg
also can someone tell me if something DOESNT happen that normally happens[the kirby not getting beam ability from a waddle doo] is this still considered an easter egg?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
smiling doesnt seem to be a big thing tbh
i dont get it thought why bring up smiling?
unless thers something im not getting

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Mario frowns during EVERY SINGLE SECOND of the gameplay in this game.
Also, Mario doesn't frown the WHOLE time. No character does, actually...except maybe Ganondorf.
Ganon's a happy dude. He's smiling most of the time.
truth. ganondorf actually does smile considerably more than mario.

if mario games are all about making people happy, maybe they should kick out mario and put in ganondorf, who is clearly happier. "super ganondorf sunshine". nice ring to it, neh?
I love how some of you post things that AREN'T in Brawl and call them easter eggs.
(perhaps directed towards "I'm not sure if this has been said before but when you swallow Waddle-Doos you don't get the beam ability. You can swallow Dedede and MK when you couldn't in the Kirby games and MK will fight you without giving you a sword.")

yea im sure the fact metaknight is happier than gannondorf[read the last few pages] in super gannondorf sunshine but coz he wears a mask you cant see this uber smile...isnt an easter egg
meleemaster500 said:
"Easters/little things you've noticed."
Caught up?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ive read all that before >.>
what i meant was the big obsession people have over the smiling
in that case
toonlink is nearly always frowning
infact i think he only smiles during the wind waker taunt
EDIT:also i did mention super gannondorf sunshine in the metaknight bit

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
ive read all that before >.>
what i meant was the big obsession people have over the smiling
in that case
toonlink is nearly always frowning
infact i think he only smiles during the wind waker taunt
EDIT:also i did mention super gannondorf sunshine in the metaknight bit
he's got his anime cat smile:

and his surprised look:

only lucario, R.O.B., and Metaknight truly never smile.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
i see your point with the cat one
but suprised doesnt = smile
also you forgot when he gets hit/doing some ariels mouth
also rob i get the no smiling also metaknight
and lucario as well
but when excactly does gannondorf smile?or bowser?
or are you counting not looking angry as smiling?

anyway when the announcer says lugi's name he says it in a different manner than everyone elses /overused thing

oh talking about luigi when he is turned into a trohpy in SSE he is in a scared pose but his *real* trophy is him fixing his hat

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
evil grins and taunts=smiles

the announcer (from bill nye by the way) pronounces many names wrong: Shamus, Zeda, **** the targets...

especially in the japan version: king "day day day"

the italian+french versions even have a different announcer.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
yea the announcer is pretty bad
i could swear for a full day he would say son-ake for snake
also
yo-shi
it should be yosh-i

also yea i see your logic in the evil grins n taunts

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
yea the announcer is pretty bad
i could swear for a full day he would say son-ake for snake
also
yo-shi
it should be yosh-i

also yea i see your logic in the evil grins n taunts
no, it should be yo-shi :p.

it's from the japanese ヨッシー (yosshii, which is his japanese name. slightly different in spelling from his american name)... and japanese is syllabic, putting that into yo+sshi+i (the little symbol,ッ, basically "doubles" the next symbol, hence the two s's in "sshi") ... but "yoshi" itself, being of japanese origin, is pronounced yo+shi.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think I found a few more:

-When you footstool Bowser, he holds his arms and legs out and he sort of becomes the shape of an X. This is a reference to Super Mario World when you would jump on all the Koopa Kids except Iggy and Larry.

-When Wario sleeps, he sleeps in the position that he's seen in the opening scenes of Wario Land 2.

-Lucas drools a little bit when he sleeps.

-Kirby/King Dedede's inhale attack can be countered by Ike/Marth/Lucario's counter.

-Sometimes when you die off the bottom of the stage as Pit, he whispers "I'm done for, ugh."

-Mario's FLUDD can cancel out most solid projectiles and the weaker energy ones.

-Many characters have at least one taunt that can be cancelled into an attack immediatly upon ending.

That's all I can think of for now.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer has a Vs. Seeker on his backpack strap. At least I think its a Vs. Seeker. It looks like it.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Whenever brawl is loading with the spinning brawl logo,
:bumper:
the bottom stripe across the circle widens and shrinks while the game's loading.
My B. the pixels on my screen I noticed this on were kinda messed up. at my friend's house we saw the difference.

majora_787

Smash Hero
...OMG I am so sick of hearing that. Okay I'm going to set something straight here. Pit says the "I'm done for" in stamina matches when he dies. He says it WAY LESS when he just falls off the stage, if he says it at all.

Darkurai

Smash Master
evil grins and taunts=smiles

the announcer (from bill nye by the way) pronounces many names wrong: Shamus, Zeda, **** the targets...

especially in the japan version: king "day day day"

the italian+french versions even have a different announcer.
You are absolutely ridiculous.
He doesn't pronounce Samus "Shamus", I've never thought for a second he said "Zeda", if you listen you can hear that he says Break, and in the Japanese version Dedede is supposed to be pronounced Daydayday.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
He doesn't pronounce Samus "Shamus", I've never thought for a second he said "Zeda", if you listen you can hear that he says Break, and in the Japanese version Dedede is supposed to be pronounced Daydayday.
You, sir, have no sense of humor.

----

King Dedede's running-A move is based off of the Kirby games. He would occasionally slip, fall and slide, damagin Kirby.

Mario's F-Smash was probably the insperation for his hand power in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
that's the way he Pronounces the names. he never actually has an H in samus, but he pronounces "samus" more like "Shamus" instead of just how you would say "samus". he saids in a strange way as well, but i don't know the best way to write it like. where do you think "hands off my bread" came from? he also saids battle royale as battle royal (in japanese)

this is where he saids "**** the targets":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvE8v704u4

the point is that his pronunciation of the various characters and stuff is always in different tones and stuff.

majora_787

Smash Hero
that's the way he Pronounces the names. he never actually has an H in samus, but he pronounces "samus" more like "Shamus" instead of just how you would say "samus". he saids in a strange way as well, but i don't know the best way to write it like. where do you think "hands off my bread" came from? he also saids battle royale as battle royal (in japanese)

this is where he saids "**** the targets":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvE8v704u4

the point is that his pronunciation of the various characters and stuff is always in different tones and stuff.
That DID sound like ****. o_o Scary.

Top Bottom