• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EASTERN INVASION 3 - In Perth, no one can hear you scream. (January 7th-9th 2011)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Perth presents..

EASTERN INVASION 3

(note that the location on the poster is incorrect and merely a placeholder, and the poster is only here as a hype builder).

Eastern Invasion 3 is a Perth major which is going to be held on January 7th to 9th. January 2011. It will be a tournament of a scale that Australia, nay, the world, has never seen! This thread, like the Robocop one, is not the official info thread just yet, and is merely a hypebuilder to make sure you keep your schedule free.

• January 7th-9th, 2011
    - That's right, its almost a year away. It may seem far off now, but in reality it means you have plenty of time to level up your game, and everyone will have plenty of time to get moneys and flights.
  • A European Smasher may be attending!
    - Perth can play at this game too! We're currently in discussions with a well-known European Smasher about EI3 attendance!
  • We've got Corpsecreate, and you don't!
    - The best player in Australia (with the mighty Toon Link!) lives here, meaning we've got the best, and you have to come to his turf and challenge him for his throne. Do you have what it takes?
  • We have Mic!!
    - Mic, the legendary god of Smashboards himself, lives in Perth! As many would attest to, Mic makes everything better, especially national tournaments. Follow him around, and you too may be able to play Smash in a train station!
  • Three days of awesome fighting games!
    - Three days means more hype than you can poke a stick at, and with such a great selection of games (as shown on the poster above), the hype won't stop till the tournament ends!
  • An awesome venue!
    - Though a venue hasn't been settled on yet, all our choices are easily large enough for more than expected, with a great location for food and relaxation after the tournament!
  • Its on Pete's birthday!
    - Though its probably not very professional of me to put this here, it is completely true! The last day of the tournament is, in fact, my birthday, and therefore has to be an awesome day or the universe falls apart, confirming that EI3 is so hype.
    New Info: Apparently its also Cao's birthday! That makes it double hype!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'll do my best to be there.

Nice poster btw. Who made it?

Also, SFIV but not SSFIV?

lol, Corpse the best player in Aus.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pretty sure I'd be free enough to go!

I see you're offering other fighting games, have you guys teamed up with another org?

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'll do my best to be there.

Nice poster btw. Who made it?

Also, SFIV but not SSFIV?

lol, Corpse the best player in Aus.
That was Alzi being Alzi, its meant to be SSF4, and I've asked him and he still hasn't changed it. :'(

Also, DO I DETECT JEALOUSLY OF CORPSE?

Pretty sure I'd be free enough to go!

I see you're offering other fighting games, have you guys teamed up with another org?
Yeah, we're working with some guys from OzHadou on this, thanks to my connections. :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OzHadou track record with Smash: =/
But SSFIV: <3

Mic numbers owes me a visit to Pemberton

Sieg

Smash Champion
But that's Ozhadou track record with Smash on the Eastern side.

I wonder if the Westies will be any better.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think it may depend on who will take ownership of this event. On the Sydney side, OHN's 5 through to 7 were very poorly integrated with Smash, through a lack of a unified vision and a pricing model that suited Smash. Different philosophies, different outcomes. It had created an "us vs. them mentality" in tournaments, which will take quite some time to clear as we all move forward.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know that mentality is still there, which is a shame, because it shouldn't be.

Hopefully the guys over in Perth haven't got the same kind of feelings though, I'd hate to see what happened at 7 happen again. In any case, all the more power to Perth, I think that this integration with other fighting communities will eventually be beneficial for all games involved.

Jupz

Smash Master
Wooo sounds good. Nice and early in January.

Also I think you need to add to the first post "We have mic"

kupo

Smash Lord
I'd like to go for old times sake. Had a lot good memories and getting lost in the city.

Hey mic, we gotta find the next bell tower to raid. LOL!

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm trying to pace my hype to last me the whole year - wouldn't want to burn myself out :p

Anyway, it's quite possible that I could provide housing as well for a fair amount of people, but if not I can shuttle from the airport... to smashfests :p Awkward ice-breaking situations for everyone :D

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll be coming for STREEEEEEET FIGHTEEEEEEEEEEER!

Oh and Smash.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I think it may depend on who will take ownership of this event. On the Sydney side, OHN's 5 through to 7 were very poorly integrated with Smash, through a lack of a unified vision and a pricing model that suited Smash. Different philosophies, different outcomes. It had created an "us vs. them mentality" in tournaments, which will take quite some time to clear as we all move forward.
Though they're not in the Smashboards group (obviously) a few members have been helping me along with admin work every step of the way, and I'll always make sure to ask their opinion (since most of the committee doesn't have contact with them) on topics before we go ahead, so the integration is certainly there for us. :)

EDIT: Does help that a good portion of the EI3 committee is moving in to the OzHadou scene as well, though. :p

Jupz

Smash Master
I could possibly host some OOS if you want to go to smashfests with me and practice a lot before the tourney.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well he mentioned that he wanted to come to Australia and expressed his hope that prize money would cover flights...

Also I was just looking at Airship, we should so have a Mafia night or something lol. I know Vyse would love it

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol

If you can attract like 250 people, and charge $20/event, then maybe the flights would be covered by prizes. :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol that'd be the best if lain came, if you read this lain, me and ted will look after you ;) (hopefully he still remembers us)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol tug of war, bags being the anchor, I wheigh 120kgs last time I checked lol.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I don't think anybody ever raised concerns with this in the group, so, I'll go ahead here and say it for the moment: there'll probably be a live HG/SS tournament. Standard OU rules, etc. :D

Top Bottom