• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EASTERN INVASION 3 - In Perth, no one can hear you scream. (January 7th-9th 2011)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Cameras - the bane of my existence!!! NO!!! But still, you could make a lot of cash moneys people happy by creating a video about the brawl scene in Aus, so I'd be all in for helping :D

Pete278

Smash Lord
I was planning to make DVDs for anyone who wanted all the footage from the tournament in full quality anyway, so if Bob's going to make a "documentary" at the tournament, I might as well let him cover it. :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
And the best part if you come here is that you get to see me. You might seem me at Thriller but man you would be wanting to see me over and over. ;)
well me and ted were gonna come and chill but then I read this...

tibs7

Smash Champion
@berserk: well i was the only one complaining about it being so far, so what you said was most probably targeted at poor me :p

anyway, i was unsure about going coz mates are wanting to go to thailand next jan......
alzi should talk more at tournies imo

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Oh Tibs take me with a grain of salt_ If i aim it at you i will make sure you know about it ;) It is a tough choice though_ Lady boys, cheap booze, single women and prostitutes over a group of nerds in a room playing videogames competitively_ Either way you know you'll be losing money and having a gay old time_

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Romant1k said:
How to murder alzi when he'll no doubt use his "Jackie Chan" skills to defend himself?!

One can only dream I guess...
Even Chuck Norris lost to Jackie Chan, those are some skills right there...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Jackie Chan is currently doing an Eddie Murphy with his film career_ Talk about washed up_ Remake of the Karate Kid with a black kid and Jackie Chan_? Seriously why even bother anymore_

Alzi

Smash Master
I should be replaced with that black kid would make the movie better.

Anyway this is going to be fun lets hope i am still playing brawl by that time.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Replace an old film that doesn't really need a reboot and surely isn't deserving of one regardless of how classic it may have been with a WHITE kid as the lead character_ This just proves how generic hollywood is_ Replacing leads with a black person when completely unnecessary and doesn't hurt anyone remaking an original *gasp* like the original_

I'm not racist but i am getting fed up with remakes being twisted by the 'political correctness' that hollywood films try to take_ I see alot of films where people want to be black or the black guy has suchj a hard life and white people are so fantastic and rich and so well off_ It's been done too many times and it would be nice to see the white guys getting some rep again amidst all this whitewash of racial preferance within films_

MTV is a big screw for this_ What once was a great premise became washed up and washed out with rap and cliche black culture rather then a celebration of music culture overall_ GG_

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
It used to be good and it was important in starting the revolution of the music video_ Don't forget it also heralded a time of Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux and many other great moments_ It is a shame though when industries lose creative influence and become mainstreamed_ Film is a big one for this with their stereotypical rom coms and constant remakes of films or games without any substance left for really genuine or uniquely original ideas_ Even reinventing the wheel is sometimes more interesting_

I'm sure alot of people had there childhoods crushed into tiny pieces when they watched the Transformers films_ Now they are stepping into anime/manga territory and this is dangerous stuff_ Touching substance such as Ghost in the Shell (thankfully being written by Laeta Kalogridis "Shutter Island" which was an amazingly good script and produced by Spielberg who hopefully stays away from Michael Bay this time) and for god's sake Akira?! Granted James Cameron will be making Battle Angel Alita into a film but has stated he was inventing the technology to make it possible and is a decent film maker who takes time, money and effort into his films_

But seriously some things shouldn't change, some things should be left alone and others need to wait till the time is right to make adaptations work_ Till then i'd love to see some originallity back in society_ Even games and manga are slowly becoming generic and predictable_ As Yahtzee says_ "Like God of War but"

MTGod

Smash Champion
Beavis and Butthead, a great moment??? I just died a little inside, Bob... I do agree with you to an extent that movies/TV have just become propagators of stereotypes, not just racial... I've just come to terms with it and don't watch TV/new movies anymore - in a capitalist society people are going to do whatever they can in order to make money, and if that means remaking movies because a large group of people enjoy watching good movies get butchered by political correctness and flashy CG effects then there is really nothing you can do about it except stomp your feet, since everyone is too self absorbed to think that their way of thinking is anything but the right way of thinking (myself included :p)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You obviously never smoked enough heh_ Nah i was a kid then but i appreciated it later on during my stoner years alongside Ren and Stimpy and King of the Hill_ Ripping Friends was gold if anyone remembers it_ Also voice of Ren and Stimpy is Fry and co from Futurama_ New stuff is good, tv shows are getting better with the likres of Dexter, True Blood, Supernatural, Weeds, Skins etc_ It is maturing much faster than film is but i think it's film is getting the hint_ Last year was a good year for film_

Also Avatar was an example of flashy CGI with purpose and it worked really well_ The future is moving that way so it was important to witness_

Pete278

Smash Lord
I can appreciate having to be blunt to get a point across to a dull-witted audience (i.e. the general population of America), but that doesn't make it a good movie. It makes it a successful movie, a good profiting movie, and a movie that achieved its purpose, sure. But it doesn't make increase its quality.

EDIT: Also, this is miles off-topic. We don't need a third Perth third, guys. :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm going to go ahead and say that EI3 likely have the following payout with $10 entry:

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%:
3rd: 10%
4th: 7%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

We'll hopefully be adding onto these payouts with bonuses from sponsors, but definitely don't take this post as confirmed. We haven't fully discussed prizes and such so I'm not 100% sure people agree with this proposal.

Pete278

Smash Lord
That's the one-way price. I'm assuming you want him to return home, right?

Earl, you're looking at around $360 return.
He didn't say he wants to, thus I didn't specify. You don't know if he wants to return, maybe he wants to move here. :p

EDIT: Jetstar says $220 return, anyway. $180 one way from them seems like a great deal if you go back for $40 more.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
He didn't say he wants to, thus I didn't specify. You don't know if he wants to return, maybe he wants to move here. :p

EDIT: Jetstar says $220 return, anyway. $180 one way from them seems like a great deal if you go back for $40 more.
$220 return, what? That's unheard of. If you can show me exactly where you found these prices, I'll take it back.

Here, I'll show you what I found:

Alzi

Smash Master
Jet star have such a terrible logo design lol.

That's kinda expensive atm since school holidays are almost coming up they should be dropping lower hopefully during the year.

Pete maybe make a list now of people who are intrested so we can get an idea of what we need to do and what not.

I'm guessing CAO will definatly come to this. And maybe that girl think it's thunder somthing. Which one is it out of you two that takes the such good photo's btw. :p

Top Bottom