• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Brado

Smash Lord
Pre-release will start at 12noon and will probs last about 3hours. I'll house you either the friday or saturday, your choice dude. If your planning to come leicester first make sure it's early dude, we'll be leaving fairly earlyy to get there for 12

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
gee whiz guys i cant wait for the pre-release, i got my money and im ready to DUEL! WOOOOO

im coming.. and imma make a ****ing huge impact on the pokemon scene be ****ing prepared UK poketards

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL

I'm so hyped for SNY, really looking forward to this to, training for SNY will be good :p

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
THE HYPE WAS 2 MUCH 4 GEORGE IN THAT POST

SAMEDUDE!!!i

lol ramz gonna be mad at these infractions im giving him =[[[

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Tamoo I'll MM at smash and at cards!

Will be seeing you and MrOtter at the station tomorrow :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Haha accepted on both counts! Although I do wanna test my deck on one of the others before cos I have a suspicion that the deck may struggle to fire up energies from the deck

and yeah c u at 1033 :)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
i cant MM at cards i took apart my deck to try and see what i need for my new one
Edit
George: can you remember to bring that spare controller please thanks :)

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Can people bring Wiis + Brawl (Josh + Andy?) and Gamecubes + Melee (I only need 2 Melee's and 1 cube). Please try and bring SCART ADAPTERS I only have 3 of them and will need 2 more!

Also, Tamoo do you want to bring your laptop so we can record games? I've got a dazzle n all the **** remember, so it'd be **** if we can record me winning singles and me and brado winning doubles. =]

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
scary adapter lol

okay ty tamoo =]

btw guys this is what I'm planning for tomorrow:
10am-12pm: Arrive + friendlies
12pm-3/4pm: Singles tournaments (Melee+Brawl)
4pm-6pm: Melee doubles + Brawl low tier
6pm-8pm: Friendlies and everyone must leave by 8pm (unless you're being housed).

Prices for the tourneys are as follows:
Brawl Singles: £2 (I'll be using the new BBR stage list, so this will be interesting.. or if people complain/disagree then we'll use the Berlin stage list for Calz =] )
Melee Singles: £2
Melee doubles: £2
Brawl low tier: £1 (winner takes all)

Brado

Smash Lord
Doubles starts when I arrive, can't get there til 4ish ):

Tamoo I might MM you at cards, i get paid tomorow so i'll be loooaded

me/willz 2 win dubzzzz

Kone

Smash Master
Brad said that EM could potentially bring three tvs to sny. I am in a mess with tvs at the moment so if you guys could it would be MASSIVELY appreciated. I know it can be uncomfy with bags/tvs around you but its not that fa from Leicester and would be hugely benefitial.

Cheers guys :)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Willz's pre SNY Fest

MELEE RESULTS
1) Tamoo
2) Willz
3) Yeniths
4) Calzum
5) Anaky
5) Mr Otter
7) Marni
7) Calzorz

BRAWL RESULTS
0) Zamuz
1) Calzorz
2) Anaky
3) Willz
4) Marni
5) Calzum
5) Tamoo
7) Mr Otter
7) Yeniths

MELEE DOUBLES

1) Tamoo and Yeniths
2) Brado and Willz
3) Calzorz and Anaky
4) Mr Otter and a Lvl 9 CPU lol
5) Marni and Calzum lolol

Brawl Low tier too come

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol good events was fun , i played to much melee than i wanted to but it was fun now i gota get srs for berlin and back to brawl only , thanks for housing/hosting willz good to see every1 again

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
OOOOH YEEEEAH account finally unbanned lol.

I'll just do some shout-outs:

Calzorz: thanks for coming man your Snake is too good and best of luck for Berlin. btw I want a falcon mm REMAC after Berlin though lol

AnakyAnakinTrio3FalcomainerAndy!: thanks for coming as well, your marth and ike too good. my link best in UK still

Marni: omg marni 4th in singles ooo **** dat aint wifi

Brado: unlucky that we got 2nd but we're a good team and we can only improve so we got SNY top 8 at least

Calzum: good **** Cal you actually beasted today and managed to take a game off me lol

Simon (MR ****in' OTTER): **** yeah you're LC now!!! was really cool meeting you man and it's gonna be cool seeing you again at SNY! Also your been to any fests and have only played 1 other smasher xD

Yeniths: get ***** son by best Marth in EU. gd **** George and you and Tamoo got us in dubs but we'll get our revenge soon

Tamoo: cockier than me WTFFF lol gd **** tam I should of won our winners set but me being the cocky **** that I am it all had to end in FAILURE. gd **** in dubs as well

Nottingham guys: you all suck

kmac combo

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Me and Lv9 CPU are top seed for SNY doubles.

Shout outs:

Everyone at Willz - Cheers for being absolute bloody legends. I had a great time and I feel like I got loads better even in that one day. I'm psyched to join the LC Crew. We'll be throwing it down at SNY for sure.

Level 9 Marth - Keep up the legit jab game, but ffs stop grabbing me.

Kone

Smash Master
I need people to bring as many of the following as possible. Please appreciate I am doing my very best to put on the best tournament possible for 110 people. Understandbly I need your help aswell.

1. Gamecubes + Wiis. If you have more than on bring them. If each person in the UK brings their own cube/wii we will have enough setups per tv. If not WE DON'T.

2. Copies of melee. Please bring every copy of melee you have and/or your family and friends. More copies we have more than likely we will have enough setups running.

3. Powerpoints. Please bring any size powerpoints you have. 2 plug, 4 plug, 6 plug and 8 plug each. Doesn't matter how long or small they will come in useful. Most people use them in their rooms. If you are taken your setup to SNY you won't need them while your away. SO PLEASE BRING THEM.

4. TVS. Between me and Charles we have around 30 tvs at the moment. Please please please understand that it is paramount that the rest of the community help with this. It really isn't hard to put 2 small tvs in your car if you are getting a lift. Small tvs are fine. PLEASE BRING THEM.

5. Recording setups including handheld cameras/camcorders to get live footage of the tournament.

6. Microphones and amps. More the merrier.

7. Universal remotes. This is a huge must. Huge chances are most tvs don't have a remote. We need universal remotes to sort them out. More we have increases the chance of getting every tv working aswell as how quickly we get them working.

8. Does anyone have a projector screen that they can bring. Think friends/family and work. I have a projector but no screen. Also, any cables we may need for the projector (between setups/laptops etc).

9. Toilet Roll and Bin bags. I am seriously not joking here lol. Venue doesn't supply them. I encourage you to bring your own roll and bin bags you have lying around (give them to me please).

10. Scart Blocks

11. RF cables or ANY CABLE THAT GOES FROM THE BACK OF A CUBE/WII INTO AN AERIAL PORT.

ALSO THINK ABOUT BRINGING/DOING THE FOLLOWING

1. Deoderant
2. Shampoo
3. Towel
4. Toothpaste/Toothbrush
5. Sleeping bag/blanket
6. Pillow
7. Sticky labels on all your stuff
8. Getting my mobile number
9. Walking directions from google maps if you are getting into Longbridge station and I can't get you.
10. Printed bus details and walking directions if you are getting into Birmingham city centre and I can't get you.
11. Alcohol to chill and enjoy evening chatter. Not everyone will be geeking out in the gym hall with smash all night ;)
12. Toilet roll
Getting to the venue information

If you are arriving in Birmingham city centre;

You need to go to Birmingham New Street train station and get a train to Longbridge. Trains leave every ten minutes, take twenty minutes and cost £2.80.

If you arrive at Digbeth coach station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=6.879233,26.279297&ie=UTF8&z=16&layer=c&pw=2

If you arrive at Priory Queensway coch station you need to walk to Birmingham New Street train station. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...95657&spn=0.006927,0.025663&z=15&layer=c&pw=2

When you get to Longbridge train station​

1. Ring my mobile. If I am available I will come collect you. Drive is only 5 minutes. Please remember that I will be very busy tuesday.

2. Phone for a taxi (do this in advance of arriving at Londbridge. The train from Birmingham city centre is 20 mins so ring before getting train). Try; 0121 476 5252 , 0121 476 5252 and 0121 475 1234 . Remember to get a quote before booking. The venue is only five minutes away so it should be less than £5.

3. Walk. Directions are: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...n=0.006939,0.025663&ie=UTF8&z=13&layer=c&pw=2 Takes 30 mins.

When walking you will eventually come to a small roundabout with a pub on it. Turn right and the venue is there. Look at the website to see how the venue looks from the outside.
My address if anyone needs it: 33 Grange Road, Stourbridge, DY9 7LE.
My mobile is: 07982248134.

Also, for those getting into Longbridge and want a lift from me instead of walking please take note. Alot of people will be doing the same thing. Please be courteous and let me know BEFORE you get there like tell me when you are getting on the train to Longbridge or else you maybe waiting for some time.

Lastly, Brits if you want a lift from Longbridge instead of walking I expect you to bring cubes as part of the deal. If you don't post a valid reason you can walk.

ps venue opens at 9.30 am and not 9am.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Hope everyone is bloody hyped for SNY.

What time are you guys rocking down tomorrow? I'll try get there as soon as possible, but I reckon I'll be there afternoon-ish. Hopefully I won't miss too many LC crew throw-downs. Bring quids because I'll be throwing out £1 MM's amongst LC like nobodies business tomorrow.

Also, if you guys have floor space going would you mind if I crashed in your room? I know no other buggers going apart from Bish.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well Simon we should be there for when the venue opens at 9:30am. Yeah I'd like a money match vs you, I wanna test out my superb Falco and Marth. =]

Yeah that should be fine, although it really does depend on how much space we'll be getting cuz atm everyone is gonna be sleeping on the floor besides me and Yeniths xD

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- 9:30? That's dedication right there. Yeah man, I'm definitely up for some money matches. I don't think I got to play you when I was fully warmed up, so we'll see how that works out. /FirstMatchJohns.

Ahh, if there's no space that's not a problem in the slightest. I'll just get a bit bevv'd tuesday night and see where I end up.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm sure we could get you in Simon, we will see tho, I'd be up for a MM for sure, I arrive at 10am so looks like most of EM will be there pretty early :)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Will i dont think well get there for 9:30 willz if we are heading straight into rush hour traffic :/ we'll get there around there though

and yes The Filth is what 6.5/6.6?

oh and £1 it is ma boi :]

Top Bottom