• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Any Saturday is fine for me O_o;

Just make sure to IM me when you get the date finalised, as I'll probably not see the posts here xD.

@ Koop88 - Okay seriously, no offense, but don't whine. I live in Scunthorpe and it literally takes me about four hours to get to Yenith's place.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Be careful when arranging tourneys, always check about for other stuff happening near the time. Post an idea with a time and date in a decent UK thread, contact other hosts directly to find out.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Right guys i want to host again Feb 21st or 14th how does this suit people?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sounds fine with me.

I'll get practicing Roy. Might even start learning Jiggz, I don't know.

Either way, I can see me falling down the rankings this time, now that you should be getting more people because you're not hosting around christmas.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm pretty dead set on learning Melee Falcon as of now, I want to keep my 1st place in Melee but I don't think I will in Brawl.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Feb 21st is fine by me.

Gives me plenty of time to learn Lucario (Yeah, I'm good with him, just need to learn a little more about his tricks and stage choices) and to try to get myself back into some sort of shape on Melee. (since, as you probably guessed, I was so out of practice on Melee last meetup I'm surprised I actually KO'd you a few times in our matches. xD)

How many people do you think is coming anyway? Because... I have no idea how you're going to get more than 12 people into your bedroom. xD

(also give me a headsup if you or anyone requires anything bringing. I can bring a spare GC pad, Wiimotes with nunchucks, power packs, PAL version of Brawl and/or Melee. Hell, I can bring my whole Wii. ^^)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright cool, a PAL version of Brawl and a Wii power pack might need bringing, I'll find out and tell you nearer the time. If i get more then say 8 people, I'll probably have the fest downstairs, much more room there lol. As of now I'm thinking 7-10 people. Look forward to playing you again.

I'm hoping for 2 Brawl and 1 Melee setup this time around.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
okay :bee:

I've also managed to squander my dad's old phone off of him (since 'my' phone is actually a useless brick and the phone store can't even be competent enough to get any stock in for me to get a new one -.-) so I think this time calling you will be a lot easier for both of us ;)

(What's the difference between the PAL and jap versions of Brawl anyway? Except I can't read Japanese and Fox doesn't sound ******** during his Fsmash, of course.. >_<)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Nothing, otherwise online play would have problems.

Although Ike doesn't sound like a dumb**** but Pit does sound really annoying.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah, hopefully you can. Looking forward to playing you. If you need any help on getting here, just gimme a shout on here or on MSN.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Check the first page for all the details, but the next fest will be on the 21st of Feb. If you've got any questions feel free to add me on MSN.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
What time does this usually finish? Although Brawl is my only real interest, I'm planning to come from London and I might bring Kira and CC o:

I want a £2 money match you Yeniths vs my kirby, if you're interested that is.

£5 if you're brave.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yen I'm also hoping to make this, but I need to check to see if this clashes with any dates (exams etc) so there's no possibility of me flaking this time. :o

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm wondering how you're going to fit everyone into your bedroom lol.

Turnout looks like it might be awesome though. Always good to play new people.

:roymelee:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I SUPPOSE I can turn up and whup joo all hardc0re with the King.
Yeah come:), I've been waiting since TKI for my revenge!

What time does this usually finish? Although Brawl is my only real interest, I'm planning to come from London and I might bring Kira and CC o:

I want a £2 money match you Yeniths vs my kirby, if you're interested that is.

£5 if you're brave.
The rankings will be finished by around 4pm, people are welcome to stay longer then this for friendlies etc.

Yeah i accept, feeling brave so £5 MM sounds good:). £5 MM vs my Snake? A lot of people around here play Brawl so you'll have plenty of people to play. Hope to see you here, your welcome to stay the friday or saturday night.

Yen I'm also hoping to make this, but I need to check to see if this clashes with any dates (exams etc) so there's no possibility of me flaking this time. :o
Alright man cool stuff, hope to see you here. You heading to GGT2 btw?

I'm wondering how you're going to fit everyone into your bedroom lol.

Turnout looks like it might be awesome though. Always good to play new people.

:roymelee:
I'll host downstairs if the turnout is going to be high, a lot more room there lol. Might even try for a 4th setup. Look forward to playing you again.

OH and yeah £3 MM vs my Snake? or £1 MM vs my Falco or Shiek?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Once you guys can confirm if you can make it or not, please say, will make it easier for me to work out the space I need and such.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I won the tournament. Friendlies don't really count. You beat me at Final Smash, but it was close, we played every game possible in the finals.

It's like saying how are you the no.1 melee player when prof pro beats you?! Of course we know you're still no. 1 :)

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I'm going to say nothing about who's no.1

Just the more people that turn up the better. I got a fairly good Yoshi though. Just need to practice the infinite grab against Wario, methinks. ;)

Top Bottom