• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Just make sure you get in some good games in both melee and brawl before we start the rankings. Thats the best way to get better really, i play ALOT more melee then i do brawl, really enjoy both games tho.

never really played a yoshi in either game, so should be good!
:yoshi2::yoshi::colorful:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Alright me, Brado and Calzum will probably be coming as Brad's dad will hopefully take us. =D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I try and play both. I play Brawl more, I try and play Melee every so often but I suck too much now. I can't even beat a lvl 9 cpu on Melee. Thats how bad I am now.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Lol im sure you'll be fine, the more people in rankings the better:p, its all good fun after all :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Nah, its not a tournament, just as smashfest, just a group of us get together and play smash all day:).

i found this video pretty interesting ( at around 5:45) before i attended my first fest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQjwQOFA2o there is a part where he talks about attending a STD, it gave me a good idea of what to expect.

OldGeezer666

Smash Journeyman
Nah, its not a tournament, just as smashfest, just a group of us get together and play smash all day:).

i found this video pretty interesting ( at around 5:45) before i attended my first fest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQjwQOFA2o there is a part where he talks about attending a STD, it gave me a good idea of what to expect.
Nice free brawl lol
last time i went to a torney i paid £5 to lose the 1st round :embarrass

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Just make sure you get in some good games in both melee and brawl before we start the rankings. Thats the best way to get better really, i play ALOT more melee then i do brawl, really enjoy both games tho.

never really played a yoshi in either game, so should be good!
Lol. Sure.

Yoshi is way better in Brawl than in Melee so I daresay you'll cream me in Melee.

Just hope nobody here is going to be cheap and play as MK or something. =/

Yeniths

East Midlands!
There is a bus from lincoln to louth, i know ROOOOY! is getting here via that way i reckon. Hopefully you can find a way to make it.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I can teach you melee yoshi
I know how to play Melee Yoshi. I have mained him since 2001, after all. O_o

calzum: where do you live? there are a gazillion buses or trains to Lincoln and there's a bus from Lincoln to Louth.

I'm meeting up with ROOOOY in Lincoln so if you get there at the same time you'll be able to mob along on the bus with us =D

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I know how to play Melee Yoshi. I have mained him since 2001, after all. O_o

calzum: where do you live? there are a gazillion buses or trains to Lincoln and there's a bus from Lincoln to Louth.

I'm meeting up with ROOOOY in Lincoln so if you get there at the same time you'll be able to mob along on the bus with us =D
LOL fair enough. Can you teach me then? :chuckle:

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
LOL fair enough. Can you teach me then? :chuckle:
:chuckle: I know how to play him having watched plenty of Fumi combo vids and a few tutorials as well as generally learning stuff but I'm still getting on my way to being able to consistently pull off his more advanced techs xD.

But I don't see why we can't have a Ditto (providing I practice enough as to not get ***** xD) and we can exchange suggestions?

As for Brawl's Yoshi well... ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yen- I'm not coming. Sorry if I sounded like I was

Mr McMax- I would very much welcome yoshi dittos as weirdly enough it is quite a fun matchup. I would say I'm a fairly confident yoshi but we'll have to see how it goes.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
@ Bullet Bill - Lol. I would say I'm a confident Yoshi too. Shame you're not going now though. =/

___

Well, since Wiis play GC games can't you just bring an extra Wii? On the other hand I can look for my gamecube and bring that, or my Wii if needs be. I can't remember where the 'cube is though. =/

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Calz and crew are you lot still interested in coming?, just trying to see how much space i will need on sat.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Nah I don't think we will be able to come. Christmas time is too busy. Maybe if you do another smashfest in say the Easter Holiday or Summer Holiday then we will probably be able to come. =P

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Thanks for coming guys, hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Even if you didn't make the rankings you still have chance to next time

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Thanks for hosting a good Smashfest Yen, I enjoyed myself.

Did a lot better then I thought I would to be honest. Not sure I quite deserved second in Brawl, but meh xD

Well done on the two firsts lol. Snake is sooooo gay.

Dam made Falcon top tier material today. Seriously.

:093:

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Hahaha.

I sucked but IT WAS SO EPIC.

The five hours was so worth all the hassle of figuring out how to get there.

Next smashfest you can put me down as a cert for sure. I've been once, I have nothing stopping me from coming again =PP

And I want to get myself up the **** ranks >_>;

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay, not sure if you guys have seen the thread entered but I'll post here anyway. Player of Melee, Disliker of Brawl (but will still play on occasion) I'll be in the Midlands until about January 6th. Need some opposition. Will be in Leicester, how much would it cost for me to get to a smashfest or meetup or to get to some players in this place?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Okay, not sure if you guys have seen the thread entered but I'll post here anyway. Player of Melee, Disliker of Brawl (but will still play on occasion) I'll be in the Midlands until about January 6th. Need some opposition. Will be in Leicester, how much would it cost for me to get to a smashfest or meetup or to get to some players in this place?
Leicester? Oooooo.....
I know a few Leicester players some that come on here and some that don't. I could be of use.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't make it guys. Did you have fun? Hopefully I can make it too the next fest.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
yeah it was good, everyone had a good time, ill probably host again in a month or so

add me on msn if you have it bb

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah sorry i couldn't make it, I could probably do so for the next one providing it's not near a big event lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
As of now I'm thinking early/mid Feb. I think Jan is to close to GGT2, plus i have exams to 4 stock during this time.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
aim for 15-18th m8 thats your school holls aint it? and matty might be able to come to it then but i dont know what hes allowed off from uni

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
I ****ing swear lincolnshire is like 2 1/2 hours from me and yet I live in the east midlands.

I'm calling shinanigans on this so called "region"!!!

Top Bottom