• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Yeniths

East Midlands!
FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION REGARDING EVENTS IN THE EAST MIDLANDS, PLEASE CHECK THE NEW THREAD.

Rankings will be held either by myself or Willz. Details of how to get to both of our places will be below.

NEXT RANKINGS WILL BE HELD BY: WILLZ

Summer Season Rankings

MELEE:

1st - Almas (70) [35+35+]
1st - Yeniths (70) [30+40+]

2nd - Willz (56) [26+30+]
3rd - BloodBowler (50) [50+]
4th - Trio3 (47) [21+26]

5th - Kmac (35) [14+21]
6th - Calzum (28) [7+21]
7th - Jase (26) [26+]

8th - Brado (16) [16+]
9th - JoJo (14) [14+]
9th - Dam (14) [14+]

10th - Rake (7) [7+]

BRAWL:

1st - Calzorz (100) [50+50+]

2nd - Willz (70) [30+40]
3rd - Yeniths (66) [40+26]
4th - Trio3 (65) [35+30]

5th - Almas (40) [14+26]
6th - Kmac (28) [14+14]
7th - Dam (21) [21+]

8th - BloodBowler (21) [21+]
9th - Brado (14) [14+]
9th - Rake (14) [14+]

10th - Calzum (13) [6+7]
11th - Rega (7) [7+]
12th - JoJo (6) [6+]
12th - Jase (6) [6+]

Date: TBA

YENITHS:

I can House around 5 people should they need it, but please state if you need it. You will be welcome to arrive anytime from friday night and leave sunday morning

WILLZ:

44 Wheatfield Close
Glenfield
Leicester
LE3 8SD

Take a Coach to Leicester St. Margarets bus station or a train to Leicester. From there take the 94 bus to Glenfield for a small fee.

Housing may be available but please contact Willz if you need it.

willzeh@hotmail.com
ADD WILLZ FOR FURTHER DIRECTIONS, he will also be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

or phone: 07842106681

Rules:

General Rules:

* 3 stock.
* 8 minutes.
* Items are turned to off and none.
* In doubles matches, team attack is on.
* All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
o Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
* Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
o In team matches, these are determined in a 1221 fashion, with 1 being the team that won the RPS.
* If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
* All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
* Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.

Gameplay rules:

* Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then the Sudden Death is ignored and the Bowser or Ganondorf player is declared the winner.
* Stalling is banned.
o Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.

Set format:

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
3. Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
4. The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
1. Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

Brawl (3 Stock ,8 minutes, No items):
Starter- Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island
Counter-Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship

Melee (4 stock 8 minutes No items):
Starter- FD, Pokemon stadium 1, Dreamland 64
Counter- Fountain of dreams, Yoshi's story, Battlefield.

Just a few things:
  • Bring your own food, ill supply some snacks and all that but the rest is up to you. I live around 2 mins away from the town centre so food is easily available.
  • Clean up please, this is my parents house.
  • Bring your own controller, i will supply controllers for smash 64 however.
  • No johns.

Player list:
Ok I'm going to start making a player list. I need to know what time you guys are arriving and leaving and how you are getting here, might be able to get some of you a lift.

Arrive by 12noon on the Saturday. You can arrive anytime from Friday 6pm onwards.

BOOK YOUR TRAINS RETURNING SATURDAY NIGHT FROM 7:40 ONWARDS. OR SUNDAY MORNING 9:45 ONWARDS.

There are buses back on the saturday night (which I'd prefer people to leave on, but of course you'll be able to stay saturday night if you need to.)

The bus times you'll be wanting to get look like the following, Bus times:

Louth to Grimsby:

Sat night: 1800, 1850. 1920.
Sun morn: 0900. 1130.

Full Bus Timetable can be found here:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/connect51.pdf

Venue Fee is looking around £3-5.

Last edited:

Aiko

Smash Champion
why wouldnt it need a thread? its a smashfest, and theres no region thread for lincolnshire

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If we get enough people, we can do a Lincolnshire Vs THE OUTSIDERS crew battle:)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'll see if I can come. :)

If I do I'll bring a setup and I'll bring my own 64 pad.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
A bit too far for me to travel but I would of like to and good like with this event. I wanna do a crew battle lol, I love crew battles cos they involve everyone.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
G0D****IN FFFFFFFFFFF

I planned the Ranbat to be on the 6th of december ._.... since we do ranbats on the first saturday of every month...

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I was thinking of moving it to the next saturday, that being the 13th, which i will probably do, but is that not to near christmas for people?

Edit: hmm alright, ive changed the date to the 13th, hope his suits everyone a bit better.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I'm interested. Add me. =D

Really want to get to a smashfest and play against real people, online sucks.

(No offense ROOOOOOY, you're still good even online =))

edit

Will anyone here be travelling via S****horpe -> Grimsby -> Louth? As I live in S****horpe. I figured it'd be easier for me to travel with someone who knows the route seeing as I've never travelled alone before XD

edit

Woo the filter strikes!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Mmac, get on MSN, I'll take you through how to get around.

Also, I wouldn't be able to make 13th, but I've already talked about that to you Yen.

Will you have recording shizz up for Brawl?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I will record the crew match if we have one most probably and any money matches that take place maybe.

Aiko

Smash Champion
oooh, Aikos allstars it is! Not sure if I can make this one on the 13th.... will see how it goes though

Scunthorpe - no filter for me =D

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
If you ever get on MSN. =P

And I got no problems with the 20th. Like I said on MSN, yen, only issue is getting there / back (and I most likely will have to stay over Sunday, and I'm willing to pay for that as well since it'd probably be such a bother =/)

Does the bus from grimsby -> Louth go any further or is it a direct grimsby -> louth <- Grimsby only route? I have a tendancy to fall asleep :p

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright, the 20th is pretty much the sorted date now, sorry if its to near xmas for people

Aiko

Smash Champion
not sure on 20th.... my gf is going to las vegas on christmas day and i need to spend time with her before she goes.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah, he is, and great news:p hopefully we can get some Lincolnshire rankings done!:p

ohh and max, who do you play in melee?

Aiko

Smash Champion
thaht would be awesome.

Chances are I can't make it on this date, reasons in my previous post. Will confirm nearer the time.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he is, and great news:p hopefully we can get some Lincolnshire rankings done!:p

ohh and max, who do you play in melee?
I presume that was a typo and aimed at me?

If so: I haven't played Melee in like, six months (lost the disc it seems.... will raid my Nintendobox later) but; I main Yoshi just as I do on Brawl.

Half-decent with Falco too (can do the spike pillar combo but not the SHB ><)

Will need to break the disc out and practice some L-cancelling and wavedashing again. Bah. xD

And if Mike's confirmed I don't see any reason why I can't go either. ^^
just need to talk to him to find out what day/time he's going and leaving.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah sorry, it was aimed at you, looked forward to playing you on melee and brawl!

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Yeah sorry, it was aimed at you, looked forward to playing you on melee and brawl!
Just making sure :p

I've seen some strange typos for my name. first max, and earlier someone called me Mmac. xD. weird.

Anyway, you've played me on Brawl (only online) so yeah, will be interesting to match up against you offline since we'll both be better.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to practice up in time to get good enough at Melee as I used to be. lol. I'm thinking I might try to use the smashfest as an excuse to practice with secondary characters in the time when you're not ranking us all. lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Just make sure you get in some good games in both melee and brawl before we start the rankings. Thats the best way to get better really, i play ALOT more melee then i do brawl, really enjoy both games tho.

never really played a yoshi in either game, so should be good!

Top Bottom