• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Each Ganon's personal MU-ratio 2010 - (Finished)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
The only cool char in Brawl with a cape and a sword.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Okay, can we at least keep this thread on track?

I checked the OP and your optimism on matchups was far less than the recent posts had led me to believe.

Just know, that in theory - just given Ganon's moveset it's impossible for any character in this game to not at least 70:30 him or worse. Ganon relies entirely on his opponents making mistakes, or the few instances where his 3 viable options actually work against his opponent.

:nifty::leek:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90

I checked the OP and your optimism on matchups was far less than the recent posts had led me to believe.

Just know, that in theory - just given Ganon's moveset it's impossible for any character in this game to not at least 70:30 him or worse. Ganon relies entirely on his opponents making mistakes, or the few instances where his 3 viable options actually work against his opponent.

SuSa, check this out:

"Each Ganon's personal MU-ratio"

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

As Sovereign said, this is the personal MU thread. If you want to talk technicalities, take it to the actual MU thread. But here it basically comes down to opinions.

:034:

Exalted

Smash Lord
These MUs are based on our personal experiences against particular characters, and most ratios are not to be taken too seriously.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

That's one of the silliest things I've heard in my life.

It sounds like a generalization I would have made in 2008.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's one of the silliest things I've heard in my life.

It sounds like a generalization I would have made in 2008.
^This.

I don't think anyone for a moment is denying that Ganon has anything besides unfavorable matchups. But I think it's fair to say that his options can't be ignored, since anything he's able to punish you with generally matters in the matchup.

As dumb as it sounds, Ganondorf does have options against some characters. Not necessarily good ones, since of course, he's overall the worst character in the game. But Ganondorf in todays metagame still lands hits and pulls out random wins here and there.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
As dumb as it sounds, Ganondorf does have options against some characters. Not necessarily good ones, since of course, he's overall the worst character in the game. But Ganondorf in todays metagame still lands hits and pulls out wins here and there.

Fix 'd.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
He took the word "random" out. It changes the meaning of your last statement a bit.
Trying to give Ganon credit for anything positive he accomplishes. I don't believe in Ganon getting random wins, but in the player he fought making terrible makes, and simply losing for those mistakes, since Ganon is just a punish character.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I guess I can't complain...since I basically agree that Ganon thrives on his opponent not knowing the matchup. I think lack of matchup knowledge is universal to all players though, and that even Ganon users overlook small things that help.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I guess I can't complain...since I basically agree that Ganon thrives on his opponent not knowing the matchup. I think lack of matchup knowledge is universal to all players though, and that even Ganon users overlook small things that help.
True. You'd be surprised to know that even top level players like M2K don't know the Ganon MU. Some would say he doesn't have to, while I think you should, especially if you allow yourself to get stomped at 0% off the ledge, trying to edgeguard/gimp.

There were also times where he'd tornado at me right after I'd jab him away out of Gerudo. He would eat an Fsmash, anytime he came from a distance with tornado.

Yeah, that's right. I'm braggin'. :awesome:

Exalted

Smash Lord
Ganon-optimism is made of the hardest and most resilient molecular bindings humanity has ever seen.

(Yes, that probably makes no sense.)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm away for two days, and this thread gets all cluttered...
I can only blame myself for that.

Ftilt doesn't garantuee a kill/gimp Vs Wolf, and a skilled Wolf won't die from it until higher presents
with proper DI... Normally.
But... a Skilled Ganon can input the Ftilt when he knows there's very little chance you're DI'ing correctly, thus killing you even earlier than with no DI at all.

A skilled Ganon can also "create" wrong DI within the opponent.
This is hard for some people to understand, but it's actually part of how you play Ganon.
...Not only are we forced to get better at techchasing than most other characters, we're also forced to learn and read the opponents' DI as well as the inlfluence their attack-inputs have on their DI, if we want to stay competitive.

<!> Now, I understand some of you might think
"No way, there's no chance in hell I'll get tricked into DI'ing wrong, or DI wrong in general for that matter."
... But, people, you'd be surprised how well a skilled Ganon can take advantage of DI.

Some Ganon mains sure are optomistic.
Fixed

-¤-¤-¤-

Dear Wolf Mains, you are welcome to discuss the Ganon Vs Wolf-MU when when the 'Ganon Vs Wolf-MU-Discussion Thread' arrives.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What Zigma said.

Especially in cases like Ganon where you have to DI in drastically different directions to account for threats, Ganon's F-tilt is a pretty legit edgeguard setup tool.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my optimism has invincebility frames for when i turn brawl minus on to when i turn it off.

dark dive is broken

Exalted

Smash Lord
**** I wish I could get Brawl-
Ganon's such a stupid punisher from what I've seen.

"Opponent hanging on the ledge? No problem! Just FSMASH."

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh ganon is so cool in brawl minus, hears a few of his amazing new things.
instant attack out of side-b.
jabs the same speed as fox's
side-b doesnt make ou helpless.
dark dive top hitbox is an instant kill
dark dive grab hitbox spikes
warlock punch is instant kill and does 666%
wind hotbox on utilt does damage and can be canclled into anything.
all moves REALLY fast
i still main rob in brawl- tho

Exalted

Smash Lord
If you hit someone's shield with WP it causes so much shieldstun that you can land another WP to break their shield. If you don't roll immediately after a WP, you'll fly off to your doom.

Top Bottom