• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm LOLing at the E3 chat, after quickly adapting to their toxicity. Youngsters of specific crowd are so insecure of themselves not wanting to play with the high school protagonist from Persona 5, so they are resorting to homophobic remarks. People like that more likely than not have some repressed feelings to work out. I feel sorry for them. :chuckle:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Now thuat my plan of waiting for anniversary figs failed where do i get Zelda Action figures (for an affordable price) now if anyone knows any please tell me!

Shroob

Sup?
It's scary how the story of Vergeben in Smash is like watching the career of a fading celebrity.

Starts out small, just doing what they can to get a gig
Finally hits their stride, becoming a star everyone knows by name
Long period of stardom, only to fade out of the public conscious for years
Returns in an attempt to reinvigorate their career, only for it to fail and be forgotten about again

Gee that got dark.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm LOLing at the E3 chat, after quickly adapting to their toxicity. Youngsters of specific crowd are so insecure of themselves not wanting to play with the high school protagonist from Persona 5, so they are resorting to homophobic remarks. People like that more likely than not have some repressed feelings to work out. I feel sorry for them. :chuckle:
I just turned off the E3 chat, best decision I've ever made.

Close Blinds GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s iffy on if a community manager would know about this or not. A community person from Mojang was trashing the idea of Steve in Smash a couple months before he was revealed. She clearly didn’t know he was happening since she’s since deleted the Tweets.

I think only top level people at third party companies would know about this. So in Halo’s case people like Phil Spencer, Bonnie Ross & Joseph Staten.

We’ll see though. There’s a chance that the higher ups told him to Tweet this out. 🤷
Actually, the community manager who didn't like Steve was saying that in early 2019, maybe even late 2018 since iirc some people who were against Steve dug them up from what was over a month ago at the time. I believe she stopped working at Mojang sometime before Steve was revealed.

Her tweets were also deleted before his reveal, and it wasn't close to his reveal date.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, the community manager who didn't like Steve was saying that in early 2019, maybe even late 2018 since iirc some people who were against Steve dug them up from over a month ago. I believe she stopped working at Mojang sometime before Steve was revealed.
There is also a difference between saying you don’t want a character and saying that character won’t be DLC.

Twilord

Smash Ace
If that is the case, I will have to check out the game. I have heard that the Digimon games are not all that great and the writing is not anything to write home about even by the anime standards. Maybe this will convince me otherwise.

Well the best game in the franchise is considered to be Cyber Sleuth (though the translation is slightly off at points) and it tends to go for 20 on the Switch pretty regularly.

The Story games are better for regular RPG fun, the World games are the V-Pet RPG hybrids and tend not to be for most people.

Also, what is the Digimon Multiverse? This is the first time I have heard about it and I would like to hear more. Especially since it is said everything is canon.
Digimon is a multiverse; complete with parallel Earths and parallel Digital Worlds.

In some worlds the events of another world are often a piece of creative ficton. Most famously the first two anime are a TV series in the third and the protagonist of the most popular Wonder Swan games actually travelled between both appearing in the last arc of that anime.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While I believed in Verge’s leak, it was nice to see something different as CP10.
For CP11, I’m just assuming that it’s just another Nintendo character (I’ll say one of Toad, Waluigi if assists don’t disconfirm, Zelda’s BoTW reincarnation, Cinderace, or Tom Nook), and I’ll wait and see who it is.
Besides my interst in the new Mario Party, I’m happy to see new Metroid, WarioWare games for their fans, and it’s nice to see a rerelease for Advance Wars after being dormant for a long time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This sounds like the source that gave the Champions/Chief leak was someone he found credible, and well, wasn't in the end.

I could still see Chief as the final character, though.

But yeah, it's over. Vergeben has an overall decent track record for Smash and all, but DLC isn't his area. Like, the only other possible thing is that his source poorly explained the Champions stuff and somehow was referring to AOC content. So, you know, that 1% chance in hell it was a misunderstanding. I wasn't aware he was backing that entire leak either, just something(I was avoiding spoilers). I figured out he said Chief, but not the Champions. Nonetheless, best to just let it go. Bad source, etc. It looks like Chief is even more hard disconfirmed. Which is sad, cause he should've at least gotten something in Smash(Spirit, Mii Costume). It's the last the three big series Microsoft owns as is, after all.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The fact that people new to Danganronpa got introduced to Nagito Komaeda for the first time and it had to be him looking down at you shirtless has me rolling rn
:ultchrom:: “There are better places to take a nap then on the ground, you know.”

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The fact that people new to Danganronpa got introduced to Nagito Komaeda for the first time and it had to be him looking down at you shirtless has me rolling rn
Just watching Nagito Komaeda, of all people, shirtless, looming over me really struck fear in my heart.

Shroob

Sup?
This sounds like the source that gave the Champions/Chief leak was someone he found credible, and well, wasn't in the end.

I could still see Chief as the final character, though.

But yeah, it's over. Vergeben has an overall decent track record for Smash and all, but DLC isn't his area. Like, the only other possible thing is that his source poorly explained the Champions stuff and somehow was referring to AOC content. So, you know, that 1% chance in hell it was a misunderstanding. I wasn't aware he was backing that entire leak either, just something(I was avoiding spoilers). I figured out he said Chief, but not the Champions. Nonetheless, best to just let it go. Bad source, etc. It looks like Chief is even more hard disconfirmed. Which is sad, cause he should've at least gotten something in Smash(Spirit, Mii Costume). It's the last the three big series Microsoft owns as is, after all.
He made a post on a buncha diff subreddits iirc. He made a MC thread in regards to Smash, and then when someone asked him if the Champions were coming or not, he did

Four

Lines

From We are the Champions

Like this

He was being cheeky, and it didn't end well for him.

D

Deleted member

A little late but congrats to those who wanted a Tekken character. He wasn't a character I wanted but his trailer was pretty cool.

Didn't really get anything I personally wanted from this Direct (not even the next update for AC...) BUT there was a lot of stuff I didn't expect.

Also, congrats to Metroid fans for getting a new 2D installment, to Wario fans for the new WarioWare and to Advance War fans for getting the 1+2 remake.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think that if they did a third pass for Smash Bros. Ultimate, more cartoony and anthropomorphic characters would sell really well, compared to the pass potentially being more human/humanoid based characters. Now, there are human/humanoid characters that sell well (like Sephiroth), and they are easier to make, but I feel the more cartoony and anthropomorphic characters would get Nintendo more money than they might imagine, and for Sakurai, since he is a hard worker, I feel that would be worth the effort for him.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
There was a good amount of content shown that I just didn't care for that a lot of others do. I wonder if that's a sign I need to expand my horizons a bit more.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just watching Nagito Komaeda, of all people, shirtless, looming over me really struck fear in my heart.
"I dont know why.. but that man.. he scares me"

Seeing first Time players react to him is going to be a treat

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m thinking the DK game (if it’s even real) will release next year.

If it’s announced in the September direct, there’s no way it’ll release in 2021. So I’m definitely thinking summer/fall 2022.

Y’know, if it exists :090:

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984
Well the best game in the franchise is considered to be Cyber Sleuth (though the translation is slightly off at points) and it tends to go for 20 on the Switch pretty regularly.

The Story games are better for regular RPG fun, the World games are the V-Pet RPG hybrids and tend not to be for most people.
I have heard of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. My only concern is that I have heard the story is a letdown. I'm fine with turn-based combat if you're wondering.
Digimon is a multiverse; complete with parallel Earths and parallel Digital Worlds.

In some worlds the events of another world are often a piece of creative ficton. Most famously the first two anime are a TV series in the third and the protagonist of the most popular Wonder Swan games actually travelled between both appearing in the last arc of that anime.
Ah. So that's what they mean by Digimon Multiverse. I just finished the first season of Digimon Adventures (English subs of Japanese original) and right now I am working through the second season. Digimon Tamers intrigues me because I heard the story improves, and I have fond nostalgia of the first two seasons's English dub. No wonder why it's considered an isekai franchise.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know what I just realized and that I really like?

We got another vilain in Smash after Sephiroth.

Sure, it's not Eggman, but it's still really cool we got more baddies even this late into the game.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Just one character left now. It's about to get reeeeeally ugly. Even if I don't get 2B, I've been pretty feed through both packs and the game

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Also is the Switch Pro real?
They're gonna do a hardware revision at some point. It's Nintendo and a handheld device, they can't help themselves, lol.

It's just that this was the 3rd year in a row insiders hyped the community into a frenzy about it. Realistically, it's probably not coming anytime soon due to shortages in the tech industry right now. However, there is plenty there that they're planning something: Just a matter of when.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
It's always nice to have more Villains, hopefully the team will continue this trend in the future.

I also now refuse to believe Sakurai when he says he can't imagine a characters moveset. He secretly is a supercomputer in the disguise of a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom