• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So...do we have any details on Advance Wars Reboot Camp? Like besides gameplay and whatnot, I'm talking more like, do we know who the reboot's developer is? I know Advance Wars was originally created by Intelligent Systems, but like, is there any confirmation on if IS is doing the remake or a different developer?

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I have heard of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. My only concern is that I have heard the story is a letdown. I'm fine with turn-based combat if you're wondering.
Personally I enjoyed the story of Cyber Sleuth; I mean its not as good as the earlier anime but it had more than enough great moments and hints of mystery to keep me interested; the translation just had a habit of messing up at very unfortunate times. If they'd just translated one word differently on a couple of occasions it wouldn't have broken my immersion during some cool spooky events.

What I will say for Cyber Sleuth is that I enjoyed it enough that it revitalised my affection for the franchise after Xros killed it (and honestly it and the card game being a blast are probably the main reason I've kept watching the reboot anime); and I have seen a fair few people people regard it as 'one of the best mon-genre games outside Pokémon' and more than a couple just flat out saying they enjoyed it more than Sword and Shield.

Digimon obviously isn't typically mechanically suited to comparison with Pokémon - as I understand it the World games arguably invite more comparison to the Chao Garden - but the Story games are the ones that probably should be working to invite positive comparisons on that front.

Ah. So that's what they mean by Digimon Multiverse. I just finished the first season of Digimon Adventures (English subs of Japanese original) and right now am working through the second season. Digimon Tamers intrigues me because I heard the story improves, and I have fond nostalgia of the first two seasons's English dub. No wonder why it's considered an isekai franchise.

Oddly both Tamers to a degree and especially Cyber Sleuth lean away from 'isekai' aspects, but still manage to do some really cool things with the high concepts of Digimon in my opinion.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I guess there was some new FE content today after all. lol

I think it was also shown that there'll be an Animal Crossing minigame as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Is Twitter down? The pfp and image of the tweet ain’t loading for me

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Actually the game of the year.

ZelDan

Smash Master

this makes me more excited for the new WarioWare than it probably should.

I really really liked Three Houses...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Nintendo's definitely gonna announce new hardware like that strictly on their own terms. And like - what kind of goobers release a console in September?

D

Deleted member

As for miis, I predict the following with Kazuya

• Lloyd
  • Klonoa. Or maybe Valkyrie
  • Nightmare
  • Monokuma (Danganronpa Switch collection)
  • Still not backing down from that Hollow Knight Mii
Monokuma as a PreMiium costume would be nice.

As for Kazuya….Tekken was a good choice and he was probably the best one. The original protagonist, then turned antagonist. Plus a character with an alt that can easily be used for a Heihachi color scheme. It was the perfect way to get Protagonist, Antagonist, and Heihachi all at once.

We also now have a rep from almost every major fighting game over the generations. Mortal Kombat is the only one missing now.

As for the Master Chief rumors that were coming out before this, I’m surprised. Either Chief was leak bait and a bunch of leakers are about to be in some hot water, or he’s our last rep and leakers managed to get his name but not Kazuya’s.

Out of all this, all I can say is that I was the only one right in saying the reveal wouldn’t be any of the major people we were discussing for the last two weeks. Hell, the discussion thread for Kazuya here was started back in 2019 and only had half a page. Everyone (myself included) had figured at this point that if Tekken was getting a rep, it would have been sooner (I never bought the idea Heihachi would make it in as first rep before a protagonist, though I figured it’s be Jin since Kazuya was a protagonist for just two of the games I think?).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Is Twitter down? The pfp and image of the tweet ain’t loading for me
Works fine for me. Might be a problem on your end, maybe your browser/wifi or something.

Edit: Never mind. Tweets that aren't loading pictures or pfps for me as well, it just took longer for it to break for me for some reason, so maybe it's a server issue.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway admins we’ll need the following

• Mythra emote
  • Alex, Zombie, Enderman emotes + premium BGs
  • AC Cloud premium BG
  • Shirtless Sephiroth premium BG
  • School Uniform Joker premium BG
  • Emotes + BGs of both OG Kazuya and Corporate Kazuya YES THAT’S WHAT I’M CALLING HIM DEAL WITH IT

ZelDan

Smash Master
So...do we have any details on Advance Wars Reboot Camp? Like besides gameplay and whatnot, I'm talking more like, do we know who the reboot's developer is? I know Advance Wars was originally created by Intelligent Systems, but like, is there any confirmation on if IS is doing the remake or a different developer?
Apparantly Wayforward:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
All in all, Kazuya looks sick. I already see people on Reddit complaining about auto turn around and a bs come back mechanic even though nothing was really shown yet lol

Last edited:
Idk, but apparently IS is helping with WarioWare. I'm guessing they are up to something else, too, but we'll probably have to wait for next year or so to find out.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Finally I can take Jimmy T on a date.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, here's me taking Noipoi's challenge, and reacting to the Kazuya trailer with my eyes closed.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rizen

Smash Legend
E3 was overall somewhat of a let down. When's the social opening again? What if we want to post non E3 related topics?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So who wants to guess what Kazuya figure Sakurai’s got locked up in his drawer? I’ll bet on this one:

^ that was a joke but fr what figure y’all think lol

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently Wayforward:

Really? 😲

Good choice. I know about their 2D animation skills, but their 3D animation is pretty good. Impressive.

Would they be open to remaking/rebooting Custom Robo?
Idk, but apparently IS is helping with WarioWare. I'm guessing they are up to something else, too, but we'll probably have to wait for next year or so to find out.
Interesting. Heck, probably explains why there is a Fire Emblem Three Houses micro-game in the 9-Volt section.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
E3 was overall somewhat of a let down. When's the social opening again? What if we want to post non E3 related topics?
I mean given COVID hit the industry hard last year this shouldn’t be surprising

also remember this

What if Kazuya was his way of getting back at the spammers…well, just Alberto really, but Kazuya denied the others, what if that happened
You're the only people I know who get worked up over an emote.
When an alt of a character in the game we’ve had for TWO years is still missing an emote but we get sans… yeah I think you can understand our frustration

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're the only people I know who get worked up over an emote.
I mean, mods ( or is it the admins?) did pussyfoot around and add a ****ing meme emote before any actual fighter emote and still havent put one up yet. Im not pressed over it, just seems a bit ridiculous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom