• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Here. I don't know if this works or not but here is the screen from 2:33 of the direct Blue.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Update: I believe the font used under the character portraits is Myriad, which is the default font for the Type Tool used in a large portion of the Adobe Creative Suite applications (meaning if you just opened the application and select the type tool, the font that is automatically selected is Myriad). This also screams "fake" to me, and is a rookie mistake for a person creating a hoax. =P It's essentially like the Times New Roman of graphic design.

I've updated the image to reflect this discovery:

Sorry for the double post. I thought it'd be more inconvenient to mix it with my previous post, knowing people might want to reply specifically to this.
This is quite interesting however it's the same font type as the official site as so basically it just happens Sakurai used the same font type is the the default for Adobe Creative Suite.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This is quite interesting however it's the same font type as the official site as so basically it just happens Sakurai used the same font type is the the default for Adobe Creative Suite.
Are you really trying to bring this back up? It's an American Website, of course they would use that font. But in game, that's a different story. Dude, it's over with.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The poster said he made it up for fun. It's the last comment in the reddit thread.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/26jnhr/a_few_things_for_smash_bros_4_in_e3/

Edit: Just realized this is my first post in years. Most likely since the speculation for Brawl. I've always been lurkin'. Oh how time flies.
WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON MAKING UP RUMORS AND LEAKS? Ugh. "For fun?" That's not fun. It's messing with people, getting their hopes up, lying, essentially. Stop it.

D

Deleted member

So what's this "invitational leak"?
Someone on Reddit posted a fake leak with information on Nintendo's E3 Smash Plans and plans for the invitational and then went on to come out and say it was fake and that they made it "for fun" and to "add to the speculation.":glare:

Supersonic159

Smash Rookie
Actually I never thought of that, it could potentially break it, but I don't see the curve on the Mario's thumb
Of course you're going to shop it up a little bit, I mean you are trying to have this pose as a real leak, you don't want to take it without at least trying to make it look different.

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON MAKING UP RUMORS AND LEAKS? Ugh. "For fun?" That's not fun. It's messing with people, getting their hopes up, lying, essentially. Stop it.
I agree. It's very frustrating especially being very close to E3 and having so many popping up.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It's your own fault for believing these leaks. If you don't take them so seriously, they are really quite funny. Especially this one. It makes up a character; I can't even understand how they would expect someone to believe that one.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Hey guys.. whats going on--

omg every single one of these leaks. From the photoshopping to the gematsu list, I never believe any of them. What's funny is if you want to fake something and you're good at it, why not use resources not from the game at all? Borrow it from google image search, etc, especially if you're going through the trouble of altering the quality.

I truly think the leakers are like criminals leaving clues and want to get caught or something. They find it interesting to see if people can dissect their work and solve the puzzle.

I think I'll come up with one, too.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's your own fault for believing these leaks. If you don't take them so seriously, they are really quite funny. Especially this one. It makes up a character; I can't even understand how they would expect someone to believe that one.
I suppose to a degree, and I'm not saying I believed it in the first place. But these people are preying upon the false hope and excitement people get from these fake leaks they create. Essentially, they're getting joy out of someone else's misery once they discover it's false. You know what kind of people get joy out of other people's misery? A**holes. >:[

Seriously, if they're just doing speculation, SAY THAT. Say "here's my speculation for E3." Don't go presenting it as a valid leak or tidbit of information when they're making this crap up.

Maybe I'm just one of those weird people who can't fathom messing with people in that regard, because, you know, I'm not a douche. If I had valid information, I'd say so, not make crap up and then go "hurrhurr look they believe it."

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I suppose to a degree, and I'm not saying I believed it in the first place. But these people are preying upon the false hope and excitement people get from these fake leaks they create. Essentially, they're getting joy out of someone else's misery once they discover it's false. You know what kind of people get joy out of other people's misery? A**holes. >:[

Seriously, if they're just doing speculation, SAY THAT. Say "here's my speculation for E3." Don't go presenting it as a valid leak or tidbit of information when they're making this crap up.

Maybe I'm just one of those weird people who can't fathom messing with people in that regard, because, you know, I'm not a douche. If I had valid information, I'd say so, not make crap up and then go "hurrhurr look they believe it."
You're probably being too empathetic. I find it funny to see what people try to pass as a leak, not so much who believes it.

I think there is something to be said for those who admit their leaks are fake though, I think they're a little nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom