• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just like all the proof they had that brawl's roster was fake too, right?
And what was that? If it as solid as a complete font change I will agree with you. Or is it subjective stuff like "They would nothing put a '/' between Zelda and Sheik"

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to say that if it is fake; the effort to detail is astounding. You can see the random icon at the bottom left (it has a different color) To the naked eye, the style of the menu itself looks a lot like what we've seen so far... I can see why it's a believable leak. To me, it's still up in the air. There is nothing confirming nor denying it, only evidence.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
Is it sad that I kinda want this to be real?
You're not the only one. I really, really want it to be real :p
Also, Gamer Guy, calm down. If people want to believe stuff, let them believe it - stop acting like you're the end all judge of all this stuff. Regardless I could easily see them reusing things like Mario's hands (especially pre-release), considering how complex 3D modeling is.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
One letter, one number, everything will be answered: E3
Minus the numerous holes in the roster, stages and other details not revealed at E3 :p

I'd actually enjoy seeing a leak that has something other than characters tbh. Stages could use some much needed love.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Minus the numerous holes in the roster, stages and other details not revealed at E3 :p

I'd actually enjoy seeing a leak that has something other than characters tbh. Stages could use some much needed love.
You're asking too much from fakers. :p

So what would be the general reaction if the CSS leak, against all odds, actually turned out to be real? Or at least close enough to the real thing?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You're asking too much from fakers. :p

So what would be the general reaction if the CSS leak, against all odds, actually turned out to be real? Or at least close enough to the real thing?
I guess it depends on HOW close it ends up being to the real thing. If it's so close that any differences could be attributed to the leak being an incomplete version, then I'll just attribute any of the font differences to incompletion.

If it's not quite that close, well, lucky guess on the part of the creator of the hoax. But a fake that got lucky is still a fake.

If it's exactly the same as the real thing, then I'll probably leave the boards. =P

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Gotta say, that Reggie looked really cool. As an alt costume, he could have had the Fils-aMech.

As for the CSS, I think its a fake by now, especially because theyre adding constant characters that seem like a safe bet, and no odd-balls or retro characters.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If we're re-bringing up the CSS leak for a minute. Dude with the pikmin profile pic had really good points. In a counterargumemt to the text/font thing. It's very likely that the demo's menu was made by a different member of the team than the person that made the menu for the entire game. Many reasons why they wouldn't use the same person for the demo. Little mistakes like the text make sense.

That being said. Im still leaning towards fake. I just feel like there's enough evidence to not fully discount it yet

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
On the subject of Best Buy demos.... would a demo really have unlockable characters in the first place?

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
On the subject of Best Buy demos.... would a demo really have unlockable characters in the first place?
I don't think they would be unlockable, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed all of those locks (in contrast to Brawl's method of shaping the CSS around what characters are unlocked) in order to make people want the game more (wow, look at all those characters, etc)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
If we're re-bringing up the CSS leak for a minute. Dude with the pikmin profile pic had really good points. In a counterargumemt to the text/font thing. It's very likely that the demo's menu was made by a different member of the team than the person that made the menu for the entire game. Many reasons why they wouldn't use the same person for the demo. Little mistakes like the text make sense.
Meh, maybe, but it still seems really unlikely.

Developers usually employ some method of version control on the project, like Git or Mercurial, so that when multiple people people are working on the project, they can create a separate branch of the project repository and make changes to files, then push the changesets back to the repository. So if somebody had to create a branch for the demo version of the game, he most likely would've created a branch of the menu system that already had working parts in place with links to the font files. Somebody would have to go out of their way to change the font, because it would require a new file path to a new font file, and it would require a Font file for franklin gothic to already exist somewhere in the project directory, which is unlikely.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well... on the Brawl demo we have:
  • Mario
  • DK
  • Link
  • Samus / ZSS
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Diddy
  • Pit
  • Meta Knight
  • Ike
  • Peach
  • Yoshi
  • Sonic
  • Bowser
15 characters = 9 veterans and 6 newcomers

Analyzing the leaked image (considering the first two), we have:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Yoshi
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Dedede
  • Fox
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Samus
  • Pit
  • Villager
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard
  • Lucario
  • Marth
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Sonic
19 characters = 17 veterans and 2 newcomers... (why only 2?)

I'm not trying to prove or debunk anything, just comparing things.

Also if you don't know about the images, see it for yourself:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If it's real, it looks like we're going to have two more cuts (assuming the Gematsu leak is true).
I always assumed Squirtle and Ivysaur were considered separate characters. So it would be Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

However I don't believe the RosalinaX leak so whatever.

Let's just stop talking about the stupid CSS until more information shows.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
These leaks are getting sillier and sillier. In fact, I can just go:

GUIZ I HAIV THE REAL TOASTER FOR ALL OF YO LOOK

KingBroly

Smash Lord
no K-Rool. Fake.

I think we get the rest of the roster at E3. I think the roster rounds out at 44 with some shocking cuts. Don't expect all 44 to be unlocked from the start, either.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
no K-Rool. Fake.

I think we get the rest of the roster at E3. I think the roster rounds out at 44 with some shocking cuts. Don't expect all 44 to be unlocked from the start, either.
I think were going to get a few more characters and thats it. The rest will probably be surprise characters for when Smash Bros 3DS comes out in the near summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom