• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Given the nature of imgur and 4chan, I'd be hard pressed to believe that Nintendo regulates content that goes up on those sites. There's a billion images that get posted there without much rhyme or reason. It'd be difficult to regulate.

Besides, why wouldn't Nintendo tell actual gaming media websites (like gamnesia) to take down their articles regarding the images?
Nintendo went out of their way to try to stop a bunch of guys sitting in a hotel conference room tournament from streaming Melee, this doesn't really seem outside the realm of possibility to me.
You completely failed to address the second point. Like he said, this has been up since the very first day of the leaks; why wouldn't Nintendo go after gaming publications covering it? Plus, anyone in charge at the media department of Nintendo, clearly worth their salt, knows that taking down images after they have gone on the Internet is absolutely futile in stopping their spreading.

The fact that people's images were being taken down was hastily and weakly established anyway from the get-go (and isn't even inherently functional as an argument contextually), and through some people in this thread who seem to have an agenda to prove this leak real, it somehow got established as actual fact and argument for the leak's legitimacy. It's not, and it never was.

Also, the comparison you're making to the halting of the streaming of Melee at EVO2013 is flawed and shows your lack of knowledge of the situation and the Melee tournament scene itself, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Warning Received
You completely failed to address the second point. Like he said, this has been up since the very first day of the leaks; why wouldn't Nintendo go after gaming publications covering it? Plus, anyone in charge at the media department of Nintendo, clearly worth their salt, knows that taking down images after they have gone on the Internet is absolutely futile in stopping their spreading.
You're silly.

The fact that people's images were being taken down was hastily and weakly established anyway from the get-go (and isn't even inherently functional as an argument contextually), and through some people in this thread who seem to have an agenda to prove this leak real, it somehow got established as actual fact and argument for the leak's legitimacy. It's not, and it never was.
You're silly.

Also, the comparison you're making to the halting of the streaming of Melee at EVO2013 is flawed and shows your lack of knowledge of the situation and the Melee tournament scene itself, but that's besides the point.
You're silly.

tl;dr: I stopped caring about my post something like an hour after I made it, and stopped caring about the leak about ten seconds after it got debunked. That you'd swoop in like a carrion-eating bird pointing out that I could give even the tiniest of craps about the Melee tournament scene shows that you have too much time on your hands. Get a hobby, dude. Preferably one that doesn't involve fervently obsessing over competitive Melee.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the organization seems fishy. Particularly, the pokemon bother me. If there are 4, 5, or 6 reps, I can't say for sure, but I assume we'll at least get Jiggs back, and then maybe Mewtwo or Sceptile (or both and retire Jiggs, but I digress). Is the order Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario supposed to mock Brawl (Pikachu, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, Jiggs)? I would put the starters together, or all of the pokemon in order of their pokemon numbers, or at least in chronological generation order. Charizard being bookended is off putting and I just don't know why. What would this imply the order to be? Pikachu, Charizard, Lurcario, Greninja, Mewtwo/Sceptile/Jiggs, Mewtwo/Jiggs? It just seems odd to me. Maybe it's just me. I mean, if they aren't completing the starter trio, this isn't that strange. But I would find THAT strange.. Anyone? No? It's late... lol

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the organization seems fishy. Particularly, the pokemon bother me. If there are 4, 5, or 6 reps, I can't say for sure, but I assume we'll at least get Jiggs back, and then maybe Mewtwo or Sceptile (or both and retire Jiggs, but I digress). Is the order Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario supposed to mock Brawl (Pikachu, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, Jiggs)? I would put the starters together, or all of the pokemon in order of their pokemon numbers, or at least in chronological generation order. Charizard being bookended is off putting and I just don't know why. What would this imply the order to be? Pikachu, Charizard, Lurcario, Greninja, Mewtwo/Sceptile/Jiggs, Mewtwo/Jiggs? It just seems odd to me. Maybe it's just me. I mean, if they aren't completing the starter trio, this isn't that strange. But I would find THAT strange.. Anyone? No? It's late... lol
I think it's fine if it goes Pikachu > Zard > Lucario > Greninja > Jiggs > Mewtwo. I personally find Fox's placement very odd, I'd put him and his two fellow characters where Villager is, it's just a bit odd having a 3 character franchise hanging at the edge of the roster to me when the rest of the big franchises are on the left side.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think it's fine if it goes Pikachu > Zard > Lucario > Greninja > Jiggs > Mewtwo. I personally find Fox's placement very odd, I'd put him and his two fellow characters where Villager is, it's just a bit odd having a 3 character franchise hanging at the edge of the roster to me when the rest of the big franchises are on the left side.
honestly some of the oddness that the placement of characters have is almost what makes me think it might be real, brawl was not even close to how i'd set up the roster and neither was melee so i could see the roster (regardless of this leaks validity) being set up oddly again.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
honestly some of the oddness that the placement of characters have is almost what makes me think it might be real, brawl was not even close to how i'd set up the roster and neither was melee so i could see the roster (regardless of this leaks validity) being set up oddly again.
You thought Brawl's roster design was weird? Really? I thought it made perfect sense.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Okay, demo details have emerged, and Mega Man will be included in Smash Fest, along with characters from Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Sonic, and maybe others.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._fest_venues_perks_and_demo_details_confirmed
IT'S DEADER WE DON'T NEED TO GO OVER IT ANY MORE!
EDIT: I DON"T CARE IF IT DOESN'T DEBUNK THE FIRST 2 LEAKS THOSE HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED!!!
I will say I'm kinda sad this CSS won't be used. Minor issues aside, it's generally very nicely made and laid out (minus the whole 17x3 thing).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I will say I'm kinda sad this CSS won't be used. Minor issues aside, it's generally very nicely made and laid out (minus the whole 17x3 thing).
I actually came to like the 17x3 setup, really gives off a good HD widescreen feel to me, which is cool since this is the first Smash game where its required to run through HDMI. I also did like the locks and general design of it, not to mention the indication of a 3rd Metroid and DK character, so it's a bit of a shame. Here's hoping the actual CSS will look as pleasing to me.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I actually came to like the 17x3 setup, really gives off a good HD widescreen feel to me, which is cool since this is the first Smash game where its required to run through HDMI. I also did like the locks and general design of it, not to mention the indication of a 3rd Metroid and DK character, so it's a bit of a shame. Here's hoping the actual CSS will look as pleasing to me.
Yeah, overall, the layout wasn't terrible or anything.

The only thing that really irked me about it was the silly use of the cross stripes on the lock icon.... and the use of a lock icon in the first place. It would've been enough (and more inline with the way Sakurai games' menus usually look) to just have a solid color square where locked characters are. It's really obnoxious to have a giant, bold "LOCK!!!!" on 50% of the grid.

I'm just glad to know that the real roster won't use that really gross Arial Bold on the player slots for CPU level numbers.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I would say the demo announcement saying some characters to be played gives more credibility to the first two pics. Rather than taking credibility though. It is odd to me though that Greninja wouldn't be playable. He's one of the most interesting newcomers I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't include him in the dem

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
We have Mega Man, Sonic, Link, Pikachu, and, of course, Mario confirmed in a way. There will be more, maybe more Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters, and maybe some others.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
I would say the demo announcement saying some characters to be played gives more credibility to the first two pics. Rather than taking credibility though. It is odd to me though that Greninja wouldn't be playable. He's one of the most interesting newcomers I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't include him in the dem
Except the fact it says Megaman will be playable...

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Was it said that the css leak was the final demo screen? Changes could have been made, or changes could occur during the event.. Does Megaman really kill it? I'm not a fan of rumors lingering past their expiration date, but can we really say it's dead?

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Was it said that the css leak was the final demo screen? Changes could have been made, or changes could occur during the event.. Does Megaman really kill it? I'm not a fan of rumors lingering past their expiration date, but can we really say it's dead?
They have to ship the demos out, they wouldn't have time to add more characters in, let alone get a message across to the person advertising it just to tell them one character not originally found in the demo.

Its very unlikely and eventually everything is racking up against the roster. I think this is the final nail on the coffin to erase any chance it was true.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
They have to ship the demos out, they wouldn't have time to add more characters in let alone get a message across to the person advertising it just to tell them one character not originally in the demo.
That makes sense, but when did this leak surface, do we know how old it is, because what I was getting at was is it supposed to be the final demo roster, or could changes have been made and we were only shown a proto.. prototype and it was then finalized, or because of the specific dates and times and nature of events, could each day host a different roster, or could character unlocks happen if enough matches or time is played during the event, just to create hype at the event. Sounds elaborate to me, but maybe Megaman is unlocked, or maybe he's only playable one of the days, or maybe the leak was not of a finalized version. Or yoy know, maybe the leak is super fake.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The good news is we have Mario Kart to pass the time.

The bad news is that Pink Gold Peach exists.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The good news is we have Mario Kart to pass the time.

The bad news is that Pink Gold Peach exists.
Remember, if Pink Gold Peach didn't exist, we would most likely have the exact same roster, with one less character. Clones like her are only added when there's not time to make brand new ones. ^^ And don't worry. DLC is very likely. And it is bound to include Nabbit.

Anyways, did we ever find out if those Tournament player leak was legit or not?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
That makes sense, but when did this leak surface, do we know how old it is, because what I was getting at was is it supposed to be the final demo roster, or could changes have been made and we were only shown a proto.. prototype and it was then finalized, or because of the specific dates and times and nature of events, could each day host a different roster, or could character unlocks happen if enough matches or time is played during the event, just to create hype at the event. Sounds elaborate to me, but maybe Megaman is unlocked, or maybe he's only playable one of the days, or maybe the leak was not of a finalized version. Or yoy know, maybe the leak is super fake.
If I remember right, the picture leaks were taken just a couple days ago, according to their post on 4chan. At this point, everything is really working against the CSS Leah that it's too hard to believe it. The font discrepancies, the super convenient camera angles, the horrific Ridley, the alternate versions (which now seems like it's false too), and some others. It's just looking less and less likely.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Good gracious, no matter WHAT happens, we'll never REALLY be able to say it's dead until we see the real screen with our own eyes.

At this point, we seriously are just going back and forth for no reason.

"HERE IS 1 MILLION PIECES OF EVIDENCE THAT IT'S FAKE"
"IS IT REALLY DEAD?"
"HERE IS 1 SCENARIO THAT COULD DISCOUNT THE EVIDENCE"
"HERE'S MORE EVIDENCE"
"IS IT REALLY DEAD???"

We REALLY need to give it a rest already.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead It's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead it's dead

SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Good gracious, no matter WHAT happens, we'll never REALLY be able to say it's dead until we see the real screen with our own eyes.

"IS IT REALLY DEAD?"
"HERE'S MORE EVIDENCE"
"IS IT REALLY DEAD???"

But but but... We're kicking dead horses and taking names... To kill time... Until there's something to talk about.. We can't break away from the topic, and we have 15 users and 14 guests to entertain...

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

"IS IT REALLY DEAD?"
"HERE'S MORE EVIDENCE"
"IS IT REALLY DEAD???"

It's still the only interesting thing to talk about with the Reggie leak and even if the pics themselves are fake (what I believed the moment I saw the "y" of Ridley), it still shows one of the most probable roster, not by showing the chars themselves, but by showing us the size and probably the number of representatives per Logo.
While we are at it, did we find where the Ridley artwork is from, or at least what was used to make him except the mating between Roidley and a Shark ?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lol, would it make people happy if I made my own "leak" to talk about? I could probably do better than the CSS guy. =P

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lol, would it make people happy if I made my own "leak" to talk about? I could probably do better than the CSS guy. =P
I'd like to see you do that./honest

The only concern I have about the Best Buy demo now, is if Little Mac is on there. Other than that, I don't really think it's going to have all of those locks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom