• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You're probably being too empathetic. I find it funny to see what people try to pass as a leak, not so much who believes it.

I think there is something to be said for those who admit their leaks are fake though, I think they're a little nicer.
Won't deny that. I do tend to be a bit more considerate of other people's feelings when it comes to my behavior on the internet. I know that can sometimes be uncommon. :p

But yeah, at least this guy admitted it. He was like "whoa, didn't expect people to read this and believe it." He didn't let us run with it, so that's something.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ugh. I'll just say what Con0rrr would say:

"What if this is the real deal and is made by the same dude who made took the pictures? That would explain why Ridley is gone."

Can we just be donion rings with this CSS leak already?

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
We're donion rings.

Let's move on to something else. PLEASE.

Also, just to put the nail in the coffin can anyone find that art for Isaac? I'm assuming Golden Sun.

Ridley is also gone for some reason.
I would think Golden Sun, but this Isaac has brown hair for some reason. Golden Sun Isaac had blonde hair.
It doesn't matter, though, Isaac's art is obviously of lesser quality than the others'.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would think Golden Sun, but this Isaac has brown hair for some reason. Golden Sun Isaac had blonde hair.
It doesn't matter, though, Isaac's art is obviously of lesser quality than the others'.
Wait... Did the leaker mistoke that dude from Chrono Trigger for Isaac? Because that dude looks like the Crono.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON MAKING UP RUMORS AND LEAKS? Ugh. "For fun?" That's not fun. It's messing with people, getting their hopes up, lying, essentially. Stop it.
It's not for fun...it's for glory...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I like how leakers have come to faking fake images. This is just absurd, really.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The CSS leak must be "donion rings"

Its a good fake though. People faking the fake just make it lose its credibility. Who cares anyways? In 2 months we'll know everything about the game :p

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
We're donion rings.

Let's move on to something else. PLEASE.

Also, just to put the nail in the coffin can anyone find that art for Isaac? I'm assuming Golden Sun.

Ridley is also gone for some reason.
To be fair, the Ridley part was probably by someone else. So is this one probably. Only the original pics should be counted towards the leak. That being said the original pics could easily still be fake or perhaps they are all by the same person making them fake. Lets just wait till E3.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think with the CSS leak, the coffin is made but the nails are missing, If this was a court case then it would probably get away with reasonable doubt.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
This is quite interesting however it's the same font type as the official site as so basically it just happens Sakurai used the same font type is the the default for Adobe Creative Suite.
Myriad is nowhere on the official site. XP

Interesting to see that the fake with game and watch changed up Myriad for what looks like Arial Black, an even MORE common font. Kinda proves it's a fake, since it's not even consistent with the other fake. =P

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Y'know.... the thing that proves these fakes beyond even the font stuff is the fact that EVERY time we see a new character in it, it's cropped right where the new character is. Any reasonable person would take a photo of the new character straight on, not cut him in half and cover his face with the P2 thing.

The only pics that have even an ounce of legitimacy are the original 2.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
The thing is, nothing is fake until proven otherwise by official sources. The 'proof' you guys found is in most cases so extremely far fatched for a simple character selection screen where no other official images exists of. Also the likehood of a demo's CSS being leaked are so much more likely than an employee who leaked something. If an employee leaked something this means contract violation and on a million dollar game you can imagine the fine being millions, too freaking risky. On the other hands, by now Best Buy employees all over the country and getting the demo's, Best Buy probably has some kind of contract but the fine is not even comparable and extremely hard to trace back.

I believe a best buy employee leaked the first two official images as he/she had a chance to preview the demo early. This person sended the pictures to close friends, who among one of them knows our fanatic fanbase by core, photoshopped Ridley and posted the entire bunch as his own, upsetting the scene.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The thing is, nothing is fake until proven otherwise by official sources. The 'proof' you guys found is in most cases so extremely far fatched for a simple character selection screen where no other official images exists of. Also the likehood of a demo's CSS being leaked are so much more likely than an employee who leaked something. If an employee leaked something this means contract violation and on a million dollar game you can imagine the fine being millions, too freaking risky. On the other hands, by now Best Buy employees all over the country and getting the demo's, Best Buy probably has some kind of contract but the fine is not even comparable and extremely hard to trace back.

I believe a best buy employee leaked the first two official images as he/she had a chance to preview the demo early. This person sended the pictures to close friends, who among one of them knows our fanatic fanbase by core, photoshopped Ridley and posted the entire bunch as his own, upsetting the scene.
Did you not see the font debunk of the first 2 images? That's pretty solid proof.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
This is probably the most likely scenario of it being true. Still don't know what to think about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom