• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this is fake (which it most likely is), I wanna know who took the time out of their day to make a model of Reggie for this.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
That just looks like a guy who watched the Documentary and thinks Ken isn't a part of the scene anymore. Pass.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Interesting. I like most of it, other than only 3 lack-luster newcomers ONLY being shown at E3. Overall, I think this is fake, but I wouldn't be that dissapointed if E3 did happen like this.
That didn't say only three shown at E3, it said only three shown at the invitational.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Another day, another Reddit rumor...
The whole Desuné thing is the part that gets me. We've never had a Smash character that wasn't some part of Nintendo history before. This character would be just... something to promote a new product? I mean, it would be cool for Sakurai to be able to create an entirely new character for the game, but at the same time be a bit disappointing.

Though that Pac-Man alt being with a hat (Pac-Land) would be awesome. I'd be down for that.

Not really much of an alt costume though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The whole Desuné thing is the part that gets me. We've never had a Smash character that wasn't some part of Nintendo history before. This character would be just... something to promote a new product? I mean, it would be cool for Sakurai to be able to create an entirely new character for the game, but at the same time be a bit disappointing.

Though that Pac-Man alt being with a hat (Pac-Land) would be awesome. I'd be down for that.
:roymelee:

...But seriously, the character's name is pretty much desu né. There's no way that isn't fake.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
We've never had a Smash character that wasn't some part of Nintendo history before. This character would be just... something to promote a new product?

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
:roymelee:

...But seriously, the character's name is pretty much desu né. There's no way that isn't fake.
Yeah, but Roy was in a game that was in development. Plus he was a clone.

But I agree about the other part. It's just too weird to be true.

Ugh, I love rumors and leaks, but getting this close to E3, I kind of hate them because I don't know what to believe and what not to believe.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So has that image of the awful Ridley render been varified as being from the same "leaker" yet?
Not really. Because it was never posted as a leak. It was just posted as a prediction.
Not quite. It was submitted to Sal Romano as a leak, who couldn't verify it. In turn, he posted it on NeoGaf as his "unlikely prediction." This isn't really the thread for that though.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I swear to God if this is what Gematsu's source meant by "Mii" and was ****ing with us, I'd have no issue with this.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
You mean *puts on glasses* Greninja'd
Yeah, but the game with Roy hadn't been released.
You're right with that mate.
But the Fire Emblem entry with Roy was the seventh game of the series.
The fan base was already there and they probably had good expectations on Roy's inclusion to the roster.
However, a new character from a completely new series? Seems unlikely imo, but could always happen.

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
That didn't say only three shown at E3, it said only three shown at the invitational.
But he said 2 of them will be shown before the tournament.... which realistically could mean during the invitational right before the tournament starts or during E3..

I'm pretty sure that leak is a fake. Doesn't the tournament start a few hours after the E3 direct? Surely they'll be announcing newcomer(s)/veteran(s) during that direct. Unless they aren't playable during the tournament.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Right.
But the Fire Emblem entry with Roy was the seventh game of the series.
The fan base was already there and they probably had good expectations on Roy's inclusion to the roster.
However, a new character from a completely new series? Seems unlikely imo.
You do have to wonder if he did make this up, where did he get the name from?

"Ok, I'm almost done with my fake rumor to rile people up, but I need a name for the brand new character. Eh, f*** it! I'll just use some random Japanese name and see if people tell the difference."

lilt

Smash Journeyman
You do have to wonder if he did make this up, where did he get the name from?

"Ok, I'm almost done with my fake rumor to rile people up, but I need a name for the brand new character. Eh, f*** it! I'll just use some random Japanese name and see if people tell the difference."
Yeah, why not? Maybe he had a random good idea. Could have happened, could have been different. But fact is: it works in his sense, as you see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another day, another Reddit rumor...
If the Invitational is being done with items on and on stages with potential hazards, someone around me is getting smacked and then I'll probably facepalm and facedesk until I crack my skull as a result of the sheer ignorance on the part of Nintendo with regards to basic Competitive Tournament Regulations.
The good thing is that this leak SCREAMS fake to me, and with Sakurai's introduction of FD stage modes and For Glory mode signifying a beginning recognition of the competitive community, I doubt that such a tragedy will happen at the Invitational. (At least I hope Sakurai wouldn't be that blind at this point).

EDIT: *breathes sigh of relief* Crisis Averted, moving on.

Last edited by a moderator:

plrichard

Smash Cadet
The poster said he made it up for fun. It's the last comment in the reddit thread.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/26jnhr/a_few_things_for_smash_bros_4_in_e3/

Edit: Just realized this is my first post in years. Most likely since the speculation for Brawl. I've always been lurkin'. Oh how time flies.
We...we did it?!

Also I do want to point out that with the Reggie picture there is a reflection that matches up below the image, implying that at the very least that image is on the 3DS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom