• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
I would main the **** out of Reggie
What this guy said. My body is so ready.

Also, Gamerguy, I'm curious. You finally got the Ridley art that (as far as I know) no one found anywhere else. I thought that would confirm it for you? :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Because the evidence is there. There is nothing that can disprove the sal leak besides saying he is lying. Which that has evidence against it considering he leaked not only Villager and Mega Man being shown at E3 (Mega Man may have been an easy pic, but Sakurai previously said Villager will never be in Smash, so a very risky pic) but he leaked Wii Fit Trainer. Who absolutely NO ONE could have predicted. I don't care what anyone says. You could also say him saying "pokemon from X/Y" being a leak for Greninja, but that's giving him a lot of credit.

That was before Rosalina and Luma were announced. So obviously that problem was fixed.
Not necessarily Con0rrrr. Having a character that uses two different attacks, one that is controlled by the AI helps with programming. Not including that the Luma's moveset appears to be more limited and not as diverse as Rosalina's full scaled moveset. The Ice Climbers are different in that they both use all of the moves given to them, it is like having two full characters in one that the game has to keep up with. Adding in player input only adds to the problem, since human players tend to cancel into other moves.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the hitboxes for the Ice Climbers would be harder to program for than the likes of Rosalina and Luma, since the Ice Climbers hitboxes are layered.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I... I... I don't even know what to say. I'm so lost for words that you would think those reasons out weigh what he got right. He didn't miss Little Mac, he was announced later. Who's to say he wasn't given a list of some of the newcomers and Nintendo decided who to reveal at E3? How can you possibly know 3 of the characters he said would be in the game were revealed at E3 and still think he's gotten lucky? No one guessed Wii Fit Trainer. Find somewhere where someone guessed it, but don't waste your time. All of the characters he has leaked have either been confirmed to be in the game, or not revealed yet. He got some right so far? How about all of them right so far and some still to be confirmed. Once all the characters are revealed then I can say it's true? When he hasn't been wrong yet and leaked "out there" characters you can assume the best. Which is what I'm doing. Let's pretend after E3 we know of Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, and Chorus Men are now in the game. Will you still not believe it? Just because Chrom hadn't been announced at that point you'll still think it's fake because of the Female FE rep barely anyone has ever heard of? Because that's what you just said. I seriously am lost how you can possibly be leaning towards fake on the sal leak.
Alright man what ever. I'm just saying it's still up in the air. To each his own I guess. I just can't wait too see how ugly it looks to have 12 Chorus men running around on a little 3DS screen. As Bart Scott would say:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright man what ever. I'm just saying it's still up in the air. To each his own I guess. I just can't wait too see how ugly it looks to have 12 Chorus men running around on a little 3DS screen. As Bart Scott would say:
Haha! I'd imagine it just be one or two chorus men though all fighting with "music powers"

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I seriously am lost how you can possibly be leaning towards fake on the sal leak.
Just because he was right with the first leak, doesn't mean the second has to be true. Maybe he already got fired, but wanted to continue leaking. His last leak was a bit vague, wasn't it? Maybe he knows which characters are in, but wants to use his credibility to troll us all, because it would be more fun? We still have very little insight in the leaker, so it is really up to everybody themselves to believe the Sal Leak or not. 2 weeks to go, than we'll probably know more about this. :)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Just because he was right with the first leak, doesn't mean the second has to be true. Maybe he already got fired, but wanted to continue leaking. His last leak was a bit vague, wasn't it? Maybe he knows which characters are in, but wants to use his credibility to troll us all, because it would be more fun? We still have very little insight in the leaker, so it is really up to everybody themselves to believe the Sal Leak or not. 2 weeks to go, than we'll probably know more about this. :)
Technically he was still wrong as he said Little Mac, Mii and Pacman were being revealed that e3 as well.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Technically he was still wrong as he said Little Mac, Mii and Pacman were being revealed that e3 as well.
He was still wrong for not calling Rosalina and Reggie who are both confirmed newcomers. Gematsu leak = fake.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'm pretty sure a lot of users laughed at the Gematsu leak when he said Wii Fit Trainer was a playable character and automatically called the leak fake.

Then they ate crow.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think I said it a few times, but at the end of the day, it doesn't even matter if it is fake, because it's probably going to look the same anyway.

Disproving the picture only really knocks out the roster size, a few aesthetics and the weird Options > Colors button. And unfortunately, the cool locks.

Essentially, this is currently the closest to what it will actually look like. So even though it may be fake, it probably won't look all that different for real, since it will likely match the other menus. Oh well.

Though I do wonder how the actual demo screen will look. Going by past SSB demos, it'd presumably just be an edited css, but I mean, Mario Kart 8 had ?'s for missing characters, so who knows?

And will they follow Brawl's theme of columns? Or Melee's theme of rows (like the 'leak')?
yes but 50 characters vs. 48 can make a huge difference at this point considering we are almost certainly getting most of brawl back plus Sal's leak, so it may seem minor but it's actually huge for the chances of some of the most wanted characters like mewtwo ridley and k rool

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You guys... if Nintendo jokingly puts a Reggie model in the Smash Bros presentation just for the Digital Event, I'm going to laugh myself to a happy death. They've made a Brain Age model of Iwata before, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. It'd be in line with Nintendo's attempts to try to be funny. XD

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It hasn't been debunked?! Ohhhhhh, I'm hyped. I sorta hope this is real. Mashedpotato Sakurai would put Reggie in this game, as the real "WTF" character.
Just imagine a 1v3, Reggie against Bowser, Charizard and Dedede,watching him majestic as ever, punching all his opponents while saying "Your body wad not ready". I didnt know I wanted him, now I want him.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
You guys... if Nintendo jokingly puts a Reggie model in the Smash Bros presentation just for the Digital Event, I'm going to laugh myself to a happy death. They've made a Brain Age model of Iwata before, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. It'd be in line with Nintendo's attempts to try to be funny. XD
Attempt? I would be p****** my pants!!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Reggie will be showcased as a character. He will be the introduction of the Mii. Otherwise, that would be a glaringly missed opportunity.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe no one has brought this up yet.

The models for the Assist Trophies in the 3DS version will run at 30 fps, and the AT models are noticeably blockier and less detailed (see Waluigi).

Of course Reggie would never be a playable character. I still don't see real-life people being brought into Smash in any form, but I think this ridiculous Reggie leak is trying to imply that he would be an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I can't believe no one has brought this up yet.

The models for the Assist Trophies in the 3DS version will run at 30 fps, and the AT models are noticeably blockier and less detailed (see Waluigi).

Of course Reggie would never be a playable character. I still don't see real-life people being brought into Smash in any form, but I think this ridiculous Reggie leak is trying to imply that he would be an Assist Trophy.
I would think so too, but Reggie has an outline on him. That's only for characters.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
On a general note... why are leak offscreen photos always taken in rooms with terrible lighting? What kinds of places are these photos allegedly taking place? Is it supposed to be an office? =P
It's a written rule that photo leaks have to cut out most of the picture. So be glad that Reggie leak didn't do that!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure a lot of users laughed at the Gematsu leak when he said Wii Fit Trainer was a playable character and automatically called the leak fake.

Then they ate crow.
Not really. Because it was never posted as a leak. It was just posted as a prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom