• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The "i" and the "r" match perfectly, in contrast to the free font and most others I glanced seemed the same
Lol, I don't mean to sound condescending, but if you can't see the differences between the two, I really can't help you. I'm not going to bother describing the differences in detail again. Sorry, but I'm the leak most definitely uses Franklin Gothic where the real screenshots use DF Gothic Japanese.

I've updated the image (yet again) to show the obvious correlation between the leak and Franklin Gothic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773674/fakecharacterselect/fontcompare.png

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Lol, I don't mean to sound condescending, but if you can't see the differences between the two, I really can't help you. I'm not going to bother describing the differences in detail again. Sorry, but I'm the leak most definitely uses Franklin Gothic where the real screenshots use DF Gothic Japanese.

I've updated the image (yet again) to show the obvious correlation between the leak and Franklin Gothic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773674/fakecharacterselect/fontcompare.png
Just updated my post, taking a better look

The "i" and the "r" match perfectly, in contrast to the free font and most others I glanced seemed the same

Edit: the "e" matches perfectly, as the franklin one is not as skinny.
the "A" matches as the inside is a lot smaller than the franklin.
"o" is skinnier and matches
"F" matches as it has a skinnier gap

"t" and "s" do not match however

Which is puzzling, but most of the font matches the Japanese Gothic exactly, so either its the real deal, or person used a mix. Definitely not an exact match with the Franklin Gothic

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Just updated my post, taking a better look

Edit: the "e" matches perfectly, as the franklin one is not as skinny.
the "A" matches as the inside is a lot smaller than the franklin.
"o" is skinnier and matches
"F" matches as it has a skinnier gap

"t" and "s" do not match however

Which is puzzling, but most of the font matches the Japanese Gothic exactly, so either its the real deal, or person used a mix. Definitely not an exact match with the Franklin Gothic
Dude, I dunno if you're trolling at this point. =P The A in "Free For All" is so very obviously Franklin Gothic, given the fact that the right leg is thicker than the left leg, and the counterform (hole inside the letter) matches Franklin Gothic.

The round lowercase letters in the leak and in Franklin Gothic are wider than they are tall, whereas in DF Gothic Japanese, they're taller than they are wide.

If you continue to insist on saying otherwise, I'm honestly giving up on you. Gotta pick my battles. =P

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nah, it's totally fake by now.

I think we should move our efforts towards disecting the supposed invitational leak.
It's heavily implied that it's fake, but we can't ever be 100% sure. I'd give it more of a 10/90 now that I think about it, but agree, on to other leaks.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Also looking at the font again. the text that says "FREE FOR ALL" is a dead match with the Japanese Gothic......however the part that says Options and colors is a different font, and matches the Franklin Gothic

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Also looking at the font again. the text that says "FREE FOR ALL" is a dead match with the Japanese Gothic......however the part that says Options and colors is a different font, and matches the Franklin Gothic
You just keep believing that if it makes you feel happy. =P My confidence is unwavering. I'm a trained graphic designer that studies typography as part of my vocation.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Look at the different A's and the e's. The e's in Franklin Gothic are more square/circular than the e's in DF Gothic Japanese, which look more ovalish.

The A in Free for All has a fatter right leg and the A in Anyone is symmetrical. It is quite easy to spot.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Can we move onto the Reggie leak pl0x? All this font stuff is 2srs4me.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Look at the different A's and the e's. The e's in Franklin Gothic are more square/circular than the e's in DF Gothic Japanese, which look more ovalish.

The A in Free for All has a fatter right leg and the A in Anyone is symmetrical. It is quite easy to spot.
Bro, leave it alone. It's not worth the hassle. =P

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think the funny thing about the "Reggie" leak is that, even though it's most likely faked by someone here, I can't prove it fake. Whoever made it, or found it, great job.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Seriously though. What are the chances that Sakurai put Reggie in as the joke character? I wouldn't put it passed him.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You guys do realize that if Reggie isn't in this game, people ARE going to mod the game and put him in for a Super Smash Bros 4: Reggie Edition. And I will download it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Heck, once the modding community gets their hands on this game, I'll start an initiative for the community to collaborate on creating a Reggie moveset and have people vote on it.

Dan

Smash Lord
Hey look, leak :troll: :

Looks realistic to me. Remember the Reggie petition? Where did you find this?

God damn. This is the most realistic leak we've seen since Palutena imo. I hope it's real.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Actually, I think I change my tune. That Reggie pic has to be fake, because Reggie would be so totally OP.

And don't even try the whole "They could just nerf him" argument. No amount of nerfing could fix that broken moveset.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Actually, I think I change my tune. That Reggie pic has to be fake, because Reggie would be so totally OP.

And don't even try the whole "They could just nerf him" argument. No amount of nerfing could fix that broken moveset.
The final smash has to be the Fils-a mech.

Dan

Smash Lord

Why would he be OP?

D

Deleted member

Looks realistic to me. Remember the Reggie petition? Where did you find this?

God damn. This is the most realistic leak we've seen since Palutena imo. I hope it's real.
Just looked it up. The petition never got close to the amount of supporters needed.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I think I said it a few times, but at the end of the day, it doesn't even matter if it is fake, because it's probably going to look the same anyway.

Disproving the picture only really knocks out the roster size, a few aesthetics and the weird Options > Colors button. And unfortunately, the cool locks.

Essentially, this is currently the closest to what it will actually look like. So even though it may be fake, it probably won't look all that different for real, since it will likely match the other menus. Oh well.

Though I do wonder how the actual demo screen will look. Going by past SSB demos, it'd presumably just be an edited css, but I mean, Mario Kart 8 had ?'s for missing characters, so who knows?

And will they follow Brawl's theme of columns? Or Melee's theme of rows (like the 'leak')?

Dan

Smash Lord
The thing with the Reggie and Palutena leaks is when in the game would they show these closeups of these characters? If it was paused there should be some sort of HUD.

Dan

Smash Lord
Just looked it up. The petition never got close to the amount of supporters needed.
That doesn't matter. What matters is that it shows there's still demand for him. Even if it reached the amount of supporters needed, would he even be guaranteed in the game?

D

Deleted member

That doesn't matter. What matters is that it shows there's still demand for him. Even if it reached the amount of supporters needed, would he even be guaranteed in the game?
I don't think it would guarantee him getting in. I don't even think there is that much demand for him at all anymore anyway. Also, just imagine how dated this game would feel if and when Reggie eventually retires. I don't see him getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom