• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Okay, I have some info on smash bros for e3 tomorrow but I cannot give you any info on how I found out or my identity (I am a long time lurker of the site though). I'll be brief and just say that we'll see pac-man for sure, and captain falcon is more than likely. My the way I have gotten these details aren't 100% clear, but they are reliable. The only other ting I know about what's being shown during the smash bros portion is some other new character. I didn't get to hear who it was, or if they were just talking about pac-man. My Japanese is amateur at best so I can't say what exactly was said. I've been hesitant to post anything because of my relations to this e3 event. Either way I thought I would post this now since it's so close and If somehow this were to be seen by officials the direct is too far developed and practiced by now to change it up. Anyways I'm signing off until tomorrow's event.
Thanks so much for this valuable piece of info.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
New 4chan leak doesn't make sense at all in context. Why would they let people play at the booth already?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Has anyone seen this yet?

Text:

EDIT: He posted these in the comments.
If this is true i honestly might be MORE excited to own little figures of all the characters than playing the game itself. well not really but still i've wanted them to make smash bros action figures since 64 so this would be awesome!

Also would greatly increase the possibility of more characters being added through new figures, which could be an incredibly profitable move for Nintendo. Both games could still have the same roster but the WiiU version could get updates through trophy figurines, I know some wouldnt be happy about this but its very cool imo.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman

Text:

EDIT: He posted these in the comments.
I REALLY hope this is fake. This kind of integration with the NFC figurines would be a nightmare. You have to buy each individual character's probably-expensive "surprisingly high quality" figurines just to be able to play as that character in the story mode, or to be able to play their event mode challenges? It would actually be worse than on-disc DLC because the game ships with at least two game modes that require you to purchase an NFC figure for each individual character. I'm calling this fake because I can't imagine that Nintendo would be so evil.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Eh. Picture of Villager looks odd in that leak. 9 hours (AKA, a night's sleep) will confirm and debunk 99% of these.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I REALLY hope this is fake. This kind of integration with the NFC figurines would be a nightmare. You have to buy each individual character's probably-expensive "surprisingly high quality" figurines just to be able to play as that character in the story mode, or to be able to play their event mode challenges? It would actually be worse than on-disc DLC because the game ships with at least two game modes that require you to purchase an NFC figure for each individual character. I'm calling this fake because I can't imagine that Nintendo would be so evil.
Agreed. That would be more than enough reason for me to not buy the Wii U version.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't see why the demo would include an Adventure Mode instead of a regular VS match. I don't see why Nintendo Treehouse would need outsiders to test their demos. I don't see how this guy would know this much stuff from just testing a demo of Adventure Mode ("Ridley is a hazard boss"). The picture looks very iffy, the question marks seem to be colored after the P1, P2, P3 and P4 colors of VS mode but they're ordered wrong (green and yellow have switched sides) and it's not the right yellow color that's used, it's more white than yellow. There's also no cell phone in existance which takes such a ridiculously small image unless we go a lot of years back.

This just reeks of fake.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
This "Trophy Chronicle" mode that this guy's describing just sounds like a really dumb version of Event Matches... that you would have to pay money for. Also, his story has a lot of specific but mostly irrelevant details, which is something liars tend to do XD Gonna call fake.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
same guy on 4chan said:

"Also, news update.

A colleague of mine has managed to find out who the newcomer will be Impa. I'm not that impressed, but it's something new I suppose.
She will be using her Hyrule Warriors design. No I haven't seen her in gameplay. She was told it was Impa by a higher staff member.
This is an image from HYRULE WARRIORS, not the new Smash bros.

Obvious Spoilers."

1402384792427.png

Stage4Boss

Smash Cadet
Something you guys should consider about the riddle leak. It suffers from the same problem that many of those "this is what everyone is bringing to E3" leaks have, namely that there is nobody who would ever have access to this information all at once.

It is important to remember that E3 is not necessarily cobbled together in an organized manner. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo do not work together in order to put together a good show. Nor do these companies need to register any content with the ESA in order to determine what can and can't be shown. It is a trade show that has been co-opted into a giant piece of targeted marketing shlup (e3 used to be targeted toward investors, now it is for whomever has an internet connection and a few spare hours).

The big problem with this leak is that it implies that the leaker had extremely intimate knowledge of not just the bits on the showroom floor, but Microsoft and Sony's independent press conferences as well. The press conferences you all watched yesterday are technically not part of the trade show that ESA puts together, and there is virtually nobody that would have this kind of information about more than one of them before the fact. These conferences do not even happen in the convention center. They happen in theaters in and around LA and are run solely by the companies that host them.

You could make the case that the leaker is reporting based on observations on showroom setup, and the timing of when it first hit the web might possibly coincide with when that might begin, but you have to then limit your interpretations of the riddles to details observable on the floor itself. This means specific details revealed in trailers shown only at the pressers are unlikely to be relevant to the leak. But then again you have to consider who exactly would have access to this information?

That said, anything that looks complete enough to have a playable demo in those pressers is absolutely fair game to be on the floor. So if this is legit you might be able to narrow your riddle answering by a bit just by looking only at games with observable gameplay.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Same guy again posted more on 4chan about the figures:

"
My original assumption was that the figures could only be used for the Trophy Chronicle mode, but aside from confirming for me that the newcomer is Impa, my colleague has also learnt some new things about the figures.

The missions you do in Trophy Chronicle unlock customizations for that character's attacks (these are the custom moves you saw in the trailer). However, Trophy Chronicle can only be played by using Figures, meaning if you want to customize your own Mario, you're gonna need a Mario figure and to complete all his missions to get all his customizations. So it's like an extension to the game.

Certain "unlockable" characters cannot be unlocked normally in-game and must be unlocked by purchasing and registering their NFC figurines. These special figures are planned to be distributed at various times over the course of the game's life.

and finally, customized characters can be saved to their figurines, meaning if I create a customized Villager, I can load him onto a friends Wii U through the use of his Figure.

I feel like I'm not gonna leave you guys any surprises for the presentation xD"

leaning more towards fake now, but we'll see soon enough...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah I'm thinking fake. I can't see them forcing you to buy these figures to unlock characters.

Staarih

Smash Master
E3 (and Nintendo's conference) is so close that I think I'm not even going to bother with any leaks at this moment, be they real or not.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah I'm thinking fake. I can't see them forcing you to buy these figures to unlock characters.
same.

I can def see these figures being incorporated into smash, as the recurring theme has been that the game is trophies brought to life battling it out.

I've heard it suggested that maybe they could store your custom character move-sets or something, basically being little memory cards, which would be cool and would make them just a "neat" thing you could do but not necessary to the game.

anyway feeling like the leaks fake but im sure we'll hear a lot about these figures tomorrow either way.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's really just trying to milk it now. Someone who's testing demos wouldn't know about Nintendo's business plans for the game in the slightest, that's information exclusive to the higher ups usually. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
All this figure talk screams fake. There is no way a demo version of smash will have adventure mode on it. And nintendo doesn't do DLC like that. They've already proven they won't withhold key parts of any game for sake of milking it. Characters are kind of important in Smash.

Also, why would Sakurai tell us about customizable movesets only to lock them behind a wii u exclusive add on system? The whole rumor is trash.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Oh, And Impa as a new character? Not happening. Especially not the Hyrule Warriors version. Would Sakurai have even been privvy to her inclusion in hyrule warriors when he finalized the roster?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I hope we will know at E3 what the link between Ssb 3ds and SsbWIIU is... Sakurai said there would be an explanation about this connectivity soon.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I am still expecting there to be a way to unlock characters on 3DS and transfer that data to Wii U so you don't have to unlock them again. I recently had to reunlock everyone in Brawl and, yeah, not fun.

D

Deleted member 245254

They would literally be shooting themselves in the damn face after all they've done to cater to the dedicated Smash community, if any of that BS in that so called "leak" were true.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Agreed. That would be more than enough reason for me to not buy the Wii U version.
The sad part is that the figurines will likely be used in the 3DS version too, since Nintendo already announced an adapter for it.

IF this leak is true, Nintendo is really trying to ruin this game. I was reading the post and I have no idea how some people can be happy with this. xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The sad part is that the figurines will likely be used in the 3DS version too, since Nintendo already announced an adapter for it.

IF this leak is true, Nintendo is really trying to ruin this game. I was reading the post and I have no idea how some people can be happy with this. xD
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE PART WHERE NFC FUNCTIONALITY WON'T BE ON THE 3DS UNTIL NEXT YEAR?
YEAH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS.
PLUS IT'S NOT EVEN CONFIRMED FOR THE WII U VERSION YET. YOU GUYS NEED TO CALM DOWN. (HE SAYS WHILE SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE PART WHERE NFC FUNCTIONALITY WON'T BE ON THE 3DS UNTIL NEXT YEAR?
YEAH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS.
PLUS IT'S NOT EVEN CONFIRMED FOR THE WII U VERSION YET. YOU GUYS NEED TO CALM DOWN. (HE SAYS WHILE SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS.)
This post makes me want to eat spaghetti.
But hey, NFC wouldn't be that bad, tons of newcomers etc. :yeahboi:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Most of the leaks have collapsed before we've even gotten to the e3 event. The only "notable" one left is that ridiculous leakerbros one.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Something feels weird to me. Ike's Challenger Approaching bar is still on the official site, and unlike what Sakurai had done in the past for upcoming Directs that would have new characters, he didn't put in a place holder picture which is clearly going to be swapped out for something new later on. Maybe we won't actually get that much at the digital event itself, and that later closed Q&A session is where things will be announced, since Japan Time and what not would make that the update for tomorrow.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Don't worry. There will be news. ^^ I mean, Before the Smash Direct, Sakurai updated Miiverse multiple times Before and after.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is probably the last Direct with news about Smash before the release of the 3DS game, plus it is the E3 Direct, so I wouldn't cling on "patterns" this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom