• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The only way I can see figurines unlocking characters is if they plan to have character DLC, and you can choose to get the DLC digitally or unlock it using a physical figurine. I can't imagine that DLC characters are even being worked on before release though so we won't hear about this for a while if it's true.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Found this on a site, soon it got deleted, shouldn't of waited. But here it goes:
-Ridley is a character, And will be at e3 2014.
-mewtwo is back and to be revealed at e3 2014.
-Pacman Is NOT Playable, As many leaks have, but those are all false.
-there will be namco ASSIST trophies.
-Dr.Mario is a Costume for mario, only unlockable through nfc.
-Dr mario also has a slightly different moveset, Pills replace his fire ball like in melee.
-nfc is only used for getting alt. costumes and trophies.
-Ness is back and revealed at e3.
-captain falcon is back and revealed at e3.
-Wolf is cut.
-rob is cut.
-pokemon trainer is cut, but ivysaur and squirtle are back.
-Falco is back and revealed at e3.
-Mewtwo will be revealed after the tourney as a surprise.
-Super smash bros will get a release date.

D

Deleted member

Found this on a site, soon it got deleted, shouldn't of waited. But here it goes:
-Dr mario also has a slightly different moveset, Pills replace his fire ball like in melee.
-Wolf is cut.
-rob is cut.
The only thing that really breaks it is the return of Squirtle and Ivysuar. Assuming Jiggs is back, that's 8 Pokemon reps, which even for that franchise is way too much.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
-Wolf is cut.
-rob is cut.
Lol, no way Ivysaur and Squirtle are coming back but ROB isn't.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
It's also 6 gen 1 mons, if we were going to have that much pokemon I'm pretty sure Sakurai would put in some gen 2/3/5 mon over yet another old gen 1 mon (and I just don't see it being at all possible that Ivysaur would be brought back over any other Brawl character).

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Yeah the Ivysaur and Squirtle part makes me doubt the leak. There's also almost no way that pac man is not playable (Although I wouldn't be too upset if he wasn't).

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's also 6 gen 1 mons, if we were going to have that much pokemon I'm pretty sure Sakurai would put in some gen 2/3/5 mon over yet another old gen 1 mon (and I just don't see it being at all possible that Ivysaur would be brought back over any other Brawl character).
I'm fairly certain only the fans view the Pokémon roster in generations, otherwise we wouldn't have had the overexposure of Gen 1 Pokémon in Brawl either.

The leak sounds like too much of a pipe dream though. I like the use of the NFC figures though.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah the Ivysaur and Squirtle part makes me doubt the leak. There's also almost no way that pac man is not playable
Actually there is a possibility of Pac-Man not being playable. The only reason people are believing he is playable so adamantly is because of the Sal Romano "leak".

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Pac-Man playable, but he is not a shoo-in.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why is this making me feel like the riddle leak is actually real. But still may not have any smash or Nintendo relevance at all!
Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. One thing is for sure, that COMBination thing isn't related to Mortal Kombat.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
-Wolf is cut.
Lolk. Someone wants their personal fantasy fulfilled.

Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. One thing is for sure, that COMBination thing isn't related to Mortal Kombat.
Like I said, there was another Bamco title that was shown for like a second while a guy was talking during Sony, but it wasn't MK or SoCal.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So much time to kill. By the way this part of the riddle leak:

- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans

Definitely refers to this game:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I struggle with these two, I can believe Squirtle but not Ivysaur, as for Falco he's always been unlockable through the 100 Man Melee, I can't see that changing.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Actually there is a possibility of Pac-Man not being playable. The only reason people are believing he is playable so adamantly is because of the Sal Romano "leak".

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Pac-Man playable, but he is not a shoo-in.
Not to get off topic but theres more going for him than just sal's leak, namco working on the game and the old school namco assist trophies shown in the last direct kind of give him some weight.

As for this new leak I dont buy it, no reason to believe it and it feels too much like a fans dream. Also wolf r.o.b. cut and squirtle + ivysaur in feels counter intuitive to what we have seen so far... squirtle and ivysaur probably would have been shown in the charizard/greninja trailer and wolf/r.o.b. seem likely since toon link and ike and other characters people assumed might get cut haven't been.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Why would they cut ROB ? I can at least understand a tiny bit for Wolf who was 30% a clone, but Rob ? BS.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
These next two hours are going to be the longest of my entire life. I'm just way too eager to find out if Sal was right.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
Holy $#!7 if this is Shenmue I will have a large nergasm related mess to clean up. I actually want the leak to be true now. Then again it said no one was looking for sailors. Hmmmm.....

- Originals! Also, tentacles.
Perhaps AbZu from that....squid developer

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So a decent POTD update, no mention of E3 or the digital event, and Ike's banner still remains.... can anyone quell my doubt that no new characters or veterans will be shown off at the conference?

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So a decent POTD update, no mention of E3 or the digital event, and Ike's banner still remains.... can anyone quell my doubt that no new characters or veterans will be shown off at the conference?
If no reveals, Ssb fans will really get angry.
But we already have 30 characters so not impossible that we have no more reveal.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's E3 how would we not get a character reveal?

D

Deleted member

Allow me to do it with biting sarcasm;
Sorry, but I'm sad to say that there will be no character reveals this E3 for Nintendo's currently most hyped game that they've been pushing on us with several events.
That better?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
They seem to be pushing Smash hard this E3 considering the tournament and roundtable are going on. Even their lanyards are specifically Smash-themed this year.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Guys calm down, characters are coming. Nintendo would be stupid not to reveal some.
This a million times over. After the two big conferences yesterday Nintendo would put themselves in a bad position by not announcing anything in regards to Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Anyone else refreshing the Gematsu homepage every 15 minutes?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
MIYAMOTO'S GAME LEAKED ON TIME MAGAZINE
new starfox

Heres what I could copy and paste but the page is gone now
Interview: Shigeru Miyamoto Explains Nintendo’s Star Fox Rethink and His Unusual New Wii U Games
10:00 AM ET

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto demonstrates the new control scheme in Star Fox for the Wii U.Nintendo
The creator of some of Nintendo's most iconic characters and beloved games pulls back the curtain on his top-secret Wii U projects, and explains his rationale for radically reinventing the control scheme for his new Wii U-bound Star Fox.

heres more info I could nab
There are two more games called project guard and project giant robot. There is a new helicopter vehicle in the new Starfox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom