• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sony's done. If legit, some of that riddle leak has to pertain to Nintendo at this point. What haven't we figured out yet?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Here is the leak:

- The dog is tired again. Will take another rest at Los Angeles.
- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons.
- Hand-cannon! I mean, hand-cannon. This really charged me up!
- Microsoft will drive you nuts.
- Nominally, the beast is not actually a beast, it has more soul in it.
- Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)
- A COMBination of 6 more fighters!
- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand
- That's a huge rooster, mr Spencer. What will it do this time?
- Lots of spiritual dust here. Lots of it.
- This will be the show of the dragons, i tell you. Lots of them all around.
- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
- Captive Communication loves PAST exclusives.
- ONE precious material is surprising (and yet everyone already knows it)
- That's totally NOT a chocobo
- That's a weird cameo appearance.
- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans
- 50 less bucks 4 you to keep.
- Who needs ninjas in 2015?
- Now, that's a LOT of red hair(s).
- Who said that the black tooth worked on just one project?
- Originals! Also, tentacles.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The screen flashed with the Scare Crow reveal. I think this leak is real.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
The screen flashed with the Scare Crow reveal. I think this leak is real.
I'm assuming you mean the: - The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons, bit?

Also, off-topic but Scarecrow's reveal (and screwing things up) was the coolest part of E3 so far, and I don't even *like* Batman.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You mean #SuperUltraDeadRising3ArcadeRemixHyperEditionEXPlusAlpha?

Easily the greatest name to a DLC EVER.

Anyway, we have about 14 hours until the Nintendo Direct. I cannot contain the hype anymore.

ALL ABOARD.

BTW, has the Gematsu leak come out with anything new?
No...BUT the last Gematsu leak right before the direct was only posted a few HOURS before the direct sooo we could have a repeat of that.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Naughty Dog stealing the show with Uncharted 4, Last of Us remodeled, LoU enemies being in Diablo)

No idea here

No idea here

Conker making cameo in Spark

Someone came up with something for this one.

New Sims (huge meaning the world)

No idea here

Phantom Dust remake

Self-explanatory here. Dragons galore.

No idea

CapCom characters showing up in the crazy-titled DLC

Platinum games making exclusive for Xbox One?

- That's totally NOT a chocobo
No idea here

Playstation Free To Play?

No idea here

No idea here

No idea here

Giant Squid producing new IP.

Let me know if you can fill any of those in, or if I am totally off-base.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming you mean the: - The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons, bit?

Also, off-topic but Scarecrow's reveal (and screwing things up) was the coolest part of E3 so far, and I don't even *like* Batman.
Ya, the best batman villain got a pretty sweet reveal, that and Grim Fandango remake were the only interesting things about e3 so far.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
GTA V for next Gen. (Dog in Trailer, Los Santos is Los Angeles)
Scare Crow
Maybe New Metroid?
Conker in Project: Spark.
Bloodbourne
Still not sure.
"Bamco" which hints Pac-Man and 5 other character reveals for Smash? Or maybe something else like with Killer Instinct's DLC or Playstation All-Stars?
I don't know still.
The Griffon in Witcher 3?
The Dust Remake Game from Microsoft
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Still not sure.
Cap-Com? Something to do with old IP. Maybe something to do with Time Travel with PAST.
Platinum game from Microsoft?
- That's totally NOT a chocobo.
Maybe the LBP3 bird character?
Last of Us in Diablo 3
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare seemed to have Mechs.
PSVita TV?
Mortal Kombat X
Still not sure.
I don't know
That Underwater Game made by the Journey team.

Thats what I got out of it.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Ugh, I wasn't talking about Mortal Kombat.

It was a still image behind the presenter that had six characters' back turned to the camera as they were looking up at something.

Last edited:

OutZoned

Smash Rookie
Project Beast is not actually named project beast. It's called Bloodborne and it's being developed by the same company as Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls. That fits pretty perfectly.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Here's a few:

Here is the leak:

TOO MUCH FORZA?

Project Beast is not actually about beasts, ends up being a game called Bloodbourne from the people that made Dark Souls.

Sims?

Phantom Dust reboot.

Platinum (a precious material) Games is making a game for the Xbox ONE (emphasis on the ONE.)

ABZU is a new (original game) from developer Giant Squid.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
On the disappearing screen bit, does the '169 good reasons' have anything to do with it, or is that just a red herring?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here's a few:
I'm pretty sure that "Microsoft is driving you nuts!" is referencing Conkers. Heck, it may be both Conker and Forza.

On the disappearing screen bit, does the '169 good reasons' have anything to do with it, or is that just a red herring?
The Scare Crow appearing on the scream made it glitch out, so that could be the reason.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How do we know that handcannon bit isn't a reference to the multitude of MM games hitting the VC?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You guys are stretching all of these. I could be made a riddle leak before E3 just like this one and you guys would somehow piece my info together to make it seem legit. Even if it is legit by some stretch of the imagination it still doesn't have anything to do with Nintendo and should not be discussed here.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I re-watched the Mortal Kombat video once again and... no, it definitely isn't related to the COMBination thing. There are only five characters in the video, two of them are oldschool characters in the series (Sub and Scorpion).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It is true that even should this leak be valid, it doesn't have any real info about Smash other than possibly getting six more characters revealed, which is something that can't really be speculated much further than that without simply guessing, so seeing as the leak doesn't really have much more to do with Smash (or Nintendo in general) that can be seen, perhaps it would be best to move on to a new topic.

This thread is still primarily for Smash after all.

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
It is true that even should this leak be valid, it doesn't have any real info about Smash other than possibly getting six more characters revealed, which is something that can't really be speculated much further than that without simply guessing, so seeing as the leak doesn't really have much more to do with Smash (or Nintendo in general) that can be seen, perhaps it would be best to move on to a new topic.

This thread is still primarily for Smash after all.
We could always go back to discussing LeakerBros. :troll:

Seriously though, aren't there usually like a billion leaks around this time? Feels like a dry well. :crying:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
We could always go back to discussing LeakerBros. :troll:

Seriously though, aren't there usually like a billion leaks around this time? Feels like a dry well. :crying:
There have been quite a few...most of them have been piss-poor attempts though.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Doesn't the Hand-Cannon bit refer to the Might No. 9 trailer that was shown during Microsoft's presentation? I don't know, that's what I thought it was, as they don't seem to know anything about the Nintendo stuff and that makes sense, especially if we don't get a new Metroid in twelve hours.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Since we got 5 in the Smash Direct, I am guessing 5 ± 1 character revealed tomorrow.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Tonight, we will get Ness, Palutena and Ridley, from the mouth of LeakerBros, our prophet ! :yeahboi:

#TeamBelieve

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Huh, why, they all lead to a pretty neat roster ?

Except if you want Snake or want to keep a surprise, of course.
Mainly we'd like to NOT be spoiled of the entire roster before Nintendo reveals it. It'd be nice to have some legitimate surprises. (Good surprises, mind, not WTF why the hell are you here? ones like WFT and Chorus Men.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
WFT is here because well **** watch her trailer and her popularity and her game sales. I don't have to explain the boss lady to you.

nintendont

Smash Rookie
Okay, I have some info on smash bros for e3 tomorrow but I cannot give you any info on how I found out or my identity (I am a long time lurker of the site though). I'll be brief and just say that we'll see pac-man for sure, and captain falcon is more than likely. My the way I have gotten these details aren't 100% clear, but they are reliable. The only other ting I know about what's being shown during the smash bros portion is some other new character. I didn't get to hear who it was, or if they were just talking about pac-man. My Japanese is amateur at best so I can't say what exactly was said. I've been hesitant to post anything because of my relations to this e3 event. Either way I thought I would post this now since it's so close and If somehow this were to be seen by officials the direct is too far developed and practiced by now to change it up. Anyways I'm signing off until tomorrow's event.

OutZoned

Smash Rookie
Has anyone seen this yet?

Text:

File: Spoiler Image (42 KB, 208x154)

Smash Leak SmashL 06/09/14(Mon)22:25:18 No.▶
>>247406468 >>247406965 >>247409798
Hi 4chan. I noticed a few online leaks for Nintendo's upcoming E3 Digital Stream and was basically snooping around to see what people had found.

For those of you who are wondering, I've actually been present at the demo booths currently being set up (and tested) for the show later on. I cannot go too in depth about what I actually do (for the risk of losing my job), but I can share a few bits of info I managed to grab whilst I was allowed to test the demos.

The supervisors that were present were pretty keen on getting the demos tested and shut off, so no one had any time to do some serious gaming or anything.

Anyway, the demo I played was Smash Bros for Wii U. Remember, I understand that a large sum of you people will think I'm faking, and who the hell would blame you? xD I've seen many leaks in the past and some led me to actually believe them lol

The first game that was fired up was Smash Bros for Wii U. The 3DS versipns were present, but we were told they didn't need play testing.

Smash Bros Wii U WILL indeed have a "story mode", however it won't play like Brawl's one. It doesn't seem to have any cut scenes at all either. Upon booting up the mode, I was treated to a screen that prompted me to place 1 Smash Bros. Figure onto the GamePad's NFC area. Yes, Smash Bros Wii U will implement figurines. A few were present, and were of surprisingly high quality. They are quite small figurines of the character and each have small trophy bases.

I had a few figures to choose from. Mario, Link, Kirby and Villager were there. Link's easily looked the best, but I went with Villager since I was eager to use a newcomer.

I placed him near the Game Pad (It doesn't have to touch the NFC area, it will register the figure if it's relatively close) and Villager popped up onto the TV as my registered player. I then proceeded to the next screen. The new mode is known as "Trophy Chronicle" and requires the figures. Not all modes require the figures.
EDIT: He posted these in the comments.

SmashL 06/09/14(Mon)22:29:21 No.▶
>>247407089
Nope. Ridley is a hazard boss on a Metroid stage and no sign of Pac Man. We were told a newcomer would be revealed during the digital stream, but that's about all as far as characters are concerned.
SmashL 06/09/14(Mon)22:36:14 No.▶
The next screen displays various missions that are character specific to the figure you used.

So my missions were things like "Win the match and grow at least 15 trees" and "KO all opponents using the Pocket Move". There were a fair few available.
SmashL 06/09/14(Mon)22:41:16 No.▶
Attendees will get to try out Trophy Chronicle
and the traditional VS mode. I don't know if the 3DS version has Trophy Chronicle though, didn't try it.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Okay, I have some info on smash bros for e3 tomorrow but I cannot give you any info on how I found out or my identity (I am a long time lurker of the site though). I'll be brief and just say that we'll see pac-man for sure, and captain falcon is more than likely. My the way I have gotten these details aren't 100% clear, but they are reliable. The only other ting I know about what's being shown during the smash bros portion is some other new character. I didn't get to hear who it was, or if they were just talking about pac-man. My Japanese is amateur at best so I can't say what exactly was said. I've been hesitant to post anything because of my relations to this e3 event. Either way I thought I would post this now since it's so close and If somehow this were to be seen by officials the direct is too far developed and practiced by now to change it up. Anyways I'm signing off until tomorrow's event.
Kay.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Iz hapenin gys.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom