• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Since it's such a well made render, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that something was just wonky/incomplete with the file that ended up putting the same banner as the last revealed character or something. But whatever. I can wait a day and a half for E3, and if he's not shown there, then I'll consider it laid to rest.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm not sure if we can get much more going for us. It's believable and the proximity to E3 is close enough to make me it worth being mildly keen over for about 30 more hours.

The proof of the root directory of smashbros.com changing would be feasible to find, not sure how exactly, but that would be the only possible means of confirming it any further than what we have now.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm pretty sure he got informations such as "Namco rep, new WTF newcomer, new FE representative, man from Xenoblade and pokemon from XY". Sal maybe made assumptions.
But if it's real, even the first leak is false.
I highly doubt that. Sal himself has thus far said exactly what's been told to him, if anything it's on Sal's tipper, and I highly doubt he'd only know such vague information, there's a higher chance of knowing the character's names than where they're from.

So yeah, if this is real Sal is dead in my eyes. Do remember it's not impossible to fake something like this though, the Ness render was incredibly convincing too.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I Believe this leak. I Think Ike's name being there was simpy cuz' it wasn't suppose to be up yet anyways, so Thinks were not worked out.

But we'll see. I will keep track of this. That Klonoa render is, if fake, the best one ever made.
Thats not how it would work. There are blank templetes, and there are no way they would just reuse Ikes Banner.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Did anyone else notice Klonoa has a munching PacMan on his cap?

EDIT: looking up Klonoa shows me that that's normal for him, lol. Oh well.

Last edited:

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. This is a damn good render, with brand new design even. Really curious to see why this character was chosen. Also, does this mean that, since only Klonoa and Palutena was put up early, that they may be the only ones we'll get at E3?

@ splat splat
May be because it wasn't suppose to be up, thus had errors in the code and all that, I assume.
I doubt these will be the only ones revealed at E3 if this is real. There will be at least some veterans revealed. Whoever was working on the website probably just didn't put others up just yet by the time this was found (I assume).

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well for now, we may as well try to find art that looks the same. Couldn't a guy redrawn another character with the same position, transofrming him as Klonoa ?

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Since the original poster has mysteriously vanished, I'm not so willing to give the benefit of the doubt anymore. I suspect he really did just screw up on the banner, and is now off kicking himself, too embarrassed to post again or unable to think up an explanation.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
It does seem like he just didn't know that the banners in Japan had character names, which is a shame.

I'm fine with this being fake though, I like Klonoa but as you can see from my avatar, I'm a Pac-Man man.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Well that's a crazy well done fake if it's fake. If klonoa is in then sals leak is dead, he would have said "namco rep" not pacman like he said "pokemon from x and y" if he wasn't sure.

However I think due to the banner reading Ike this is probably just a very well done fake... But we'll know soon enough.

I'm a big sal believer so this would be shocking if true, but I enjoy being surprised...

Staarih

Smash Master
That render is very well done if fake. But I don't know how to feel about this, being more of a Pac-Man supporter.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
*deep breath* I'm ready for whatever's coming to me.

*braces for impact*

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Went through all of that detail just to **** it up with the Japanese banner name. A shame really.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
...Why did I check this thread again before going to bed. I wanted to sleep, arrrrghhhgfgjhsd D8

If that is a fake... king of fake renders someone please hire that man pronto!

I would love to see Klonoa in over Pac-Man, as I find modern Pac-Man to be kind of... meh. I've come to accept him due to Namco's involvement and the Sal leak and all that, but Klonoa is just so much better on a purely aesthetic level, and he fits in perfectly with the rest of the cast. Plus, he has Pac-Man on his hat, so it's like Pac-Man gets in, too! :awesome:

The one thing that really bugs me about it is... didn't Sakurai say that 3rd party characters would have to be basically legendary to get in? Like, on par with Sonic and Megaman? I mean, I think Klonoa is a cool choice... but he really doesn't fit that criteria. Maybe he's getting a special pass because he's a Namco character? Maybe this means Sal was wrong and LeakerBro was right and everything is good and beautiful and world hunger has been solved and all poverty and crime and all hatred everywhere has been erased? ...Or maybe it's a fantastic fake >_>

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I just hope it's not a permaban. =P
Really dude, you messed with the japanese font for newcomer. Coming from the guy who debunked the CSS leak by showing the fonts were different, that's kind of awkward. If only you didn't make this mistake, we could have wait for another day...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I check dis thread at 6AM to find this leak!? I know you guys say this is deconfirmed, but that render looks way to good. I play Klonoa back on PS2 and I loved it. I hope this is true, but we just have to wait and see.

Edit: curse u mobile and your slow typing!

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
That's correct! Most people don't ever notice that. I used to have it explained in my signature years ago. Did you happen to figure it out yourself?
I've been visiting these forums for a long time and I tend to remember stuff like that - especially since I visited your Kirby hat thread on multiple occasions back then.

Great job on the Klonoa, by the way, it looks VERY convincing :)

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Really dude, you messed with the japanese font for newcomer. Coming from the guy who debunked the CSS leak by showing the fonts were different, that's kind of awkward. If only you didn't make this mistake, we could have wait for another day...
Hey, I know fonts. I don't know Japanese. Cut me some slack. =P

I was rushing to get it out there before E3 started, and it was a last minute idea to include other languages to try to solidify the fake. Ironically, my attempt to add credibility ended up being my downfall. =P

Anywhoozies....

http://hextupleyoodot.deviantart.com/art/Klonoa-for-Smash-459604523

Klonoa would be a terrible choice anyway.... not iconic, appeals to furries, comes from mediocre game, yuk
Hey man, dem's fightin' words! I liked Door to Phantomile. =P

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Aw, there goes the one thing that could have killed the Sal leak, quite a shame.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Wow, man, fantastic job. Looking at your gallery, the amount you've improved since your Brawl renders is insane. Just goes to show pretty much all image leaks can have reasonable cause for doubt. Anyways, thanks for keeping me up for an extra half hour - who needs sleep anyways? XD

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Wow, that was a very convincing leak. I'm impressed. You managed to trick Smashboards, Reddit, GameFAQs and 4chan at once.
I'm surprised it got that far in a matter of minutes. I guess that's the internet for you. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom