• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
The only interesting thing is that he didn't post about Goku or Shrek. I would not be surprised if it does.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
According to him, the final roster would look like this.
Or so it seems. I don't believe anything.
No thanks, Alot of characters are nice and all, but imagine all the hard work playing as each one in single player mode classic just to get their trophy *.*

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No thanks, Alot of characters are nice and all, but imagine all the hard work playing as each one in single player mode classic just to get their trophy *.*
That would only mean the single player of the game would last far longer, which is isn't really a bad thing.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Every single person here would totally play through Classic/Adventure/All-Star with all 57+ characters. Don't lie. Don't none of you lie. I'm gonna know if you're lying.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, 57+ characters is gonna be a reality in the next game, so. In 6-7 years, you will indeed be playing through Classic/Adventure/All-Star with all those bad boys.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Well, 57+ characters is gonna be a reality in the next game, so. In 6-7 years, you will indeed be playing through Classic/Adventure/All-Star with all those bad boys.
In Super Smash Bros. 8 for Nintendo GameSphere & Nintendo 8DS (8 dimension), 80 characters (from Daisy to Bomberman).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hello friends.

I'm a really big fan of 1984, and Orwell. Freedom is Slavery, can't you see the eternal truth?
Anywho, is it perhaps too much to ask that speculation for the next smash game, like, maybe wait until the new ones come out first? :p (I'm so ontop of this that it didn't even really HAPPEN yet *flex*).

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I can't imagine why one would not want that amount of longevity out of the single player modes.

Especially if they are going to care enough to want to collect all of the trophies. If you're collecting the trophies, you're in it for the long haul. Hell, playing Single Player Classic/All-Star/whatever as everyone is EASY compared to potential requirements they could throw at you.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can't imagine why one would not want that amount of longevity out of the single player modes.

Especially if they are going to care enough to want to collect all of the trophies. If you're collecting the trophies, you're in it for the long haul. Hell, playing Single Player Classic/All-Star/whatever as everyone is EASY compared to potential requirements they could throw at you.

"Win 10,000 matches (per character) to unlock GOLDEN SMASH trophies!"

Long haul indeed. Lesseee.... ~51 characters (estimate) x 10,000 = 510,000 matches. Whelp.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491

"Win 10,000 matches (per character) to unlock GOLDEN SMASH trophies!"

Long haul indeed. Lesseee.... ~51 characters (estimate) x 10,000 = 510,000 matches. Whelp.
That would certainly be a thing.

Now, imagine for a second, they had to all be some specific mode, not a cumulative across all modes.

So like, just offline, but you have no friends nearby.
Or just in For Fun mode/For Glory.

510,000 For Glory Matches.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That would certainly be a thing.

Now, imagine for a second, they had to all be some specific mode, not a cumulative across all modes.

So like, just offline, but you have no friends nearby.
Or just in For Fun mode/For Glory.

510,000 For Glory Matches.
Ugh. Getting the Jigglypuff one would be such hell.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well, giving credits to leakerbros for not saying it was Pacman but really just a Namco representative. S*** is real guys ? :yeahboi:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
New gamefaqs development: Palutena and Klonoa accidentally leaked?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69400366
............. If it's real, I'd be a happy camper. I love me some Klonoa.

According to the thread, they recently uploaded a Klonoa: Empire of Dreams to VC. If this real, do you think it would imply that they're making a new Klonoa game and using this as promotion? The design in the image isn't a design they've used before for Klonoa.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, seems this is real.

On one hand... damn, I wanted to be surprised at this reveal at the Event. :(

On Another hand... damn, I am STILL surprised by this. Also, why wasn't it Ridley being leaked?!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
If this is real, does it kill Pacman's chances? If so, this goes against the Gematsu leak. Unless you count pacman being on Klonoa's hat as "Pacman in Smash." =P

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I have never played a Klonoa. I barely know anything about it. But I must say, he looks like a neat character.

So, anyone torn it apart yet? Real? Fake?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Inb4 someone needs this little guy's face for a roster ;

I dl'ded the original link, not much images. Every pics were shown in the thread.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Huh. So if this new leak is real, then that confirms Palutena and Klonoa, but deconfirms Sal.

splat

Smash Lord
I have never played a Klonoa. I barely know anything about it. But I must say, he looks like a neat character.

So, anyone torn it apart yet? Real? Fake?
Well, there's this (found it on /v/ btw, didn't notice it myself):

His Japanese "Warning: challenger approaching" calls him Ike

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Huh. So if this new leak is real, then that confirms Palutena and Klonoa, but deconfirms Sal.
I'm pretty sure he got informations such as "Namco rep, new WTF newcomer, new FE representative, man from Xenoblade and pokemon from XY". Sal maybe made assumptions.
But if it's real, even the first leak is false.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If it's fake...we have a new King of Fakes.
Indeed. This is a damn good render, with brand new design even. Really curious to see why this character was chosen. Also, does this mean that, since only Klonoa and Palutena was put up early, that they may be the only ones we'll get at E3?

@ splat splat
May be because it wasn't suppose to be up, thus had errors in the code and all that, I assume.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, this looks legit. @ splat splat makes a good point though, can anyone confirm if any other characters had their Japanese 'challenger approaching' in English?

edit: i misread, ignore the second sentence of this post

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Welp, that was shortlived. Unless they managed to save out a banner using old text and upload that, but I don't see that as very likely.

This was probably done by an American assuming the japanese didn't have the character's name because the english one doesn't.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If we're to believe it, I would speculate that its something akin to @ Swift Fox Swift Fox 's suggestion
Files were turned public/moved to public accidentally (and in Palutena's case cancelled in transit to corrupt them?) for a long enough time for root searches to spot it and get the files before it was taken down.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If we're to believe it, I would speculate that its something akin to @ Swift Fox Swift Fox 's suggestion
Files were turned public/moved to public accidentally (and in Palutena's case cancelled in transit to corrupt them?) for a long enough time for root searches to spot it and get the files before it was taken down.
Have their been other "Fake" renders before this time around?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I Believe this leak. I Think Ike's name being there was simpy cuz' it wasn't suppose to be up yet anyways, so Thinks were not worked out.

But we'll see. I will keep track of this. That Klonoa render is, if fake, the best one ever made.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Well, there's this (found it on /v/ btw, didn't notice it myself):

His Japanese "Warning: challenger approaching" calls him Ike
Damn, I got so unbelievably hyped for Klonoa. Well atleast we had a new "leak" to entertain us for a few minutes.

EDIT: I am still hoping that the text that says Ike is just filler, a test or some other third thing. I want to believe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom