• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Fine then, if that doesn't prove that our Sal friend here is accurate...

*cough*Mega Man*cough*Villager*COUGH*WII FIT TRAINER*HACK, HACK, COUGH*
If I remember correctly, the leak originally called him "Animal Crossing Guy", not Villager, so either the source didn't know the official name of the character (which seems unlikely given the rest of the leak) or it really was just an extremely lucky guess.

I don't know if the Sal leak is true or not, there are some things about it that I like (Palutena, Pac-Man, and Shulk), but there are some parts I'm not as fond of (Mii, Choir Men, Chrom [I'd much rather have Robin or just about any other Awakening character]). Either way, we'll probably find out on Tuesday though.

Edit: Also, I feel pretty much the same way about the LeakerBros leak, although it seems less likely.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
If you guys want to discuss Sal Romano's past leaks then do it in the thread for Sal Romano's past leaks. You guys are discussing months old arguments anyways.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Well now that all that revolt business seems to be done with, any new leaks pop up while I was asleep?

Also I suppose you raise a point about Ridley, but why even mention Isaac having a VA if he's just an assist. I wonder btw, would contacting Llyods VA (did he specify if it was ToS or ToS2 Llyod btw?) Have any point? Maybe he has an opinion on this, or we can trick him into being loose on the subject.
Is there a leak involving Lloyd's VA that i'm not aware of? What are the specifics?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Fine then, if that doesn't prove that our Sal friend here is accurate...

*cough*Mega Man*cough*Villager*COUGH*WII FIT TRAINER*HACK, HACK, COUGH*
Can I get you a cough drop? :awesome:

Haha in all seriousness though I see your point, I don't know how anyone can just have a lucky guess with those three together.

Anyway, E3 leaks. Has this LeakerBros guy said anything today? If not I wonder what he has for us Monday. Right now, don't believe it at all.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It's about the only decent looking leak I could get behind, even with a lack of Krystal who I'm openly rooting for. What's the harm when E3 is only 2 days away? BTW, why would a leaker go from a more dangerous Ganondorf/Hades to Palutena/Ness combo which is somewhat safer? Can someone explain this?

Edit: To the guy asking about Lloyd' VA. It's part of the LeakerBros' set. He mentioned Isaac's VA for this was Lloyd's VA. (Didn't specify which version though).

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Can I get you a cough drop? :awesome:

Haha in all seriousness though I see your point, I don't know how anyone can just have a lucky guess with those three together.

Anyway, E3 leaks. Has this LeakerBros guy said anything today? If not I wonder what he has for us Monday. Right now, don't believe it at all.
If I remember correctly, the last time he posted (the one where he talked about Geno) he said goodbye and that he wouldn't be posting again anytime soon.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
If I remember correctly, the last time he posted (the one where he talked about Geno) he said goodbye and that he wouldn't be posting again anytime soon.
Oh alright, thanks. If he disappears after E3 and characters are announced he didn't mention then I wouldn't be surprised.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BTW, why would a leaker go from a more dangerous Ganondorf/Hades to Palutena/Ness combo which is somewhat safer? Can someone explain this?
Because he decided to make a series of "leaks" rather than just a one-off post and wanted a greater chance of striking gold. Although still, a Retro-made Star Tropics and Sakurai "forgetting" to reveal Ridley during a stage hazard montage aren't easy guesses, unlike Palutena or Ness.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The mods in this thread are far too power trippy. Why is everyone receiving a warning, even though they are clearly discussing leaks?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The mods in this thread are far too power trippy. Why is everyone receiving a warning, even though they are clearly discussing leaks?
If you were around for the original Rumors and Leaks thread you'd know that the rules here are pretty strict for a reason.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
And yet you have more than enough time for back handed insults to the people actually discussing a rumor, which is the purpose of this thread. Its one thing if you hate this rumor, that's fine, but instead you gotta try and make a joke out of it. If you have nothing of value to add to it, then you shouldn't bother posting mate.

Speaking of value, can we compile all the predicted E3 leaks, to keep track of everything to look out for. We have QueenofTermina which is Ridley, Mewtwo, Chrom and Pac Man, and Leakerbros which is Palutena, Ness and Startropics by Retro. Is there anything else that I'm forgetting?
I was not insulting anyone! I was saying that we should not give the Geno-leak attention with some live and better leaks around...Calm down, let's discuss all the lame leaks too, as the purpose of this thread.
Someone has news about Sal Romano nowadays ? I don't believe/like the leak, but seems o.k...

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It's about the only decent looking leak I could get behind, even with a lack of Krystal who I'm openly rooting for. What's the harm when E3 is only 2 days away? BTW, why would a leaker go from a more dangerous Ganondorf/Hades to Palutena/Ness combo which is somewhat safer? Can someone explain this?
I feel like the fact that he thinks that they haven't figured out 100% what they were going to show and that there would be 'changes' weeks before E3 is another of many enormous, glowing red flags in a sea of enormous, glowing red flags. Those sorts of things don't change when we're essentially down to the wire.

It was all figured out and finalized months ago.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because this is for E3 leaks. Not leaks in general.

We've said this multiple times.

If you were around for the original Rumors and Leaks thread you'd know that the rules here are pretty strict for a reason.
Also this!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I thought this at first, and then, as others have stated, this also happened with the previous rumors and leaks thread... and well.... we all know what happened to that.
EDIT: Just to stay more on topic, this guy on gamefaqs works at Best Buy. He said he'll try and sneak in some pictures tomorrow. It's an interesting read, feel free to go check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69392256

Last edited:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Honestly, with how important E3 is, and how close it is, I would think most leaks would be relevant to it. Like even if its an older leak, it still is relevant in the context of E3, given how E3 will likely confirm or debunk it. Now even a picture of the day can do that, but E3 will inevitably have a lot more information, and certain things, like third party characters, likely hinge on its contents.

Still, despite my earlier comments in regards to an obviously fake "leak" I do get that even bringing up clear fakes or parodies of leaks is derailing, since the joke's been done and repeating it won't add anything. And I also suppose bringing up old leaks in the context of E3 is just spinning our wheels, since while E3 could shed light on it, it hasn't happened yet, so if the leak's legitimacy is currently inconclusive, it will remain that way until we actually hit E3.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Honestly, with how important E3 is, and how close it is, I would think most leaks would be relevant to it. Like even if its an older leak, it still is relevant in the context of E3, given how E3 will likely confirm or debunk it. Now even a picture of the day can do that, but E3 will inevitably have a lot more information, and certain things, like third party characters, likely hinge on its contents.

Still, despite my earlier comments in regards to an obviously fake "leak" I do get that even bringing up clear fakes or parodies of leaks is derailing, since the joke's been done and repeating it won't add anything. And I also suppose bringing up old leaks in the context of E3 is just spinning our wheels, since while E3 could shed light on it, it hasn't happened yet, so if the leak's legitimacy is currently inconclusive, it will remain that way until we actually hit E3.
I would say that the Sal leak is relevant to E3 because it can be assumed that if it really is true then at least one of the characters in the leak will be shown off on Tuesday.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Did the Sal Leaker ever state why he didn't guess Rosalina? That is really the only hole in that leak.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did the Sal Leaker ever state why he didn't guess Rosalina? That is really the only hole in that leak.
No.

But it's kinda obvious why.

Rosalina was revealed in between the two leaks.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
No.

But it's kinda obvious why.

Rosalina was revealed in between the two leaks.
The likeliest scenario is that the leak is mostly a load of bull and Rosalina was never mentioned because the guy didn't see it coming. I'd imagine there's probably some truth to it, and the benefit of the doubt is being cast on it 'cause of WFT, but we're all sitting here waiting for lightning to strike twice and the best time for it to do that is Tuesday.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
As far as we know, from looking on the Gematsu articles, Sal's Leaker did not state that the characters on his leaks were the only newcomers coming to the game.

...That Bandana Dee, Ridley, and Robin may be in the game!?

Must have missed the reason, but why have people been paying attention to the LeakerBros leak in the first place?
Because we are very bored. Why can't anyone understand that? :3

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Must have missed the reason, but why have people been paying attention to the LeakerBros leak in the first place?
Can people stop asking that question? It's there like twice per page.

I'm sorry, man: we're just paying attention to it because there is no other interesting leak recently and it's the only thing we can do to maintain the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom