• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I can't believe you still talking about the "I-will-leak-Geno-and-be-polemic" guy...
Come on, there's nothing else to talk about and I physically can't not post in this thread every few minutes because it's just that alluring.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
My only issue is I can see Square perhaps only giving Geno over to Sakurai if he also put in a rep that could be considered their own.

But then again. They could hear cash dollar dollar signs over a character they used once being in a game that will be played by a ton of people on two different systems.
Yeah, Square has seen better days financially. so if they were offered money to put in Geno I don't see them turning it down.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Come on, there's nothing actually to talk about and I physically can't not post in this thread every few minutes because it's just that alluring.
And yet you have more than enough time for back handed insults to the people actually discussing a rumor, which is the purpose of this thread. Its one thing if you hate this rumor, that's fine, but instead you gotta try and make a joke out of it. If you have nothing of value to add to it, then you shouldn't bother posting mate.

Speaking of value, can we compile all the predicted E3 leaks, to keep track of everything to look out for. We have QueenofTermina which is Ridley, Mewtwo, Chrom and Pac Man, and Leakerbros which is Palutena, Ness and Startropics by Retro. Is there anything else that I'm forgetting?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
And yet you have more than enough time for back handed insults to the people actually discussing a rumor, which is the purpose of this thread. Its one thing if you hate this rumor, that's fine, but instead you gotta try and make a joke out of it. If you have nothing of value to add to it, then you shouldn't bother posting mate.

Speaking of value, can we compile all the predicted E3 leaks, to keep track of everything to look out for. We have QueenofTermina which is Ridley, Mewtwo, Chrom and Pac Man, and Leakerbros which is Palutena, Ness and Startropics by Retro. Is there anything else that I'm forgetting?
We have threads for that in the Smash 4 Leaks group

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Do not forget Ridley teased at E3, saib by leakerbros.
May I have a link to Queenoftermina rumor please ?

Neo Zero

Do not forget Ridley teased at E3, saib by leakerbros.
May I have a link to Queenoftermina rumor please ?
I went to find it on Gamefaqs. However it appears to have been deleted. Sorry mate, but ll the relevant info I posted

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've definitely put in time trying to keep discussion of this rumor within reasonable parameters, so I think a pinch of satire about the "post first, think second" mentality of "leak" threads (and threads in general) can be justified.

So then, if somehow Palutena, Ness, and Retro Star Tropics get shown off in two days, everyone will absolutely call "lucky guess" on it, rightly or wrongly. Where does this fall on the spectrum of guessability and why?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So then, if somehow Palutena, Ness, and Retro Star Tropics get shown off in two days, everyone will absolutely call "lucky guess" on it, rightly or wrongly. Where does this fall on the spectrum of guessability and why?
You can say that about every single leak. In fact we should remove all threads having for subject leaks, since they are just lucky guesses or fakes...
And when a leak is proven true, it's too late to be discussed about since it gave all the informations already.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I've definitely put in time trying to keep discussion of this rumor within reasonable parameters, so I think a pinch of satire about the "post first, think second" mentality of "leak" threads (and threads in general) can be justified.

Haha, I suppose. I'm definitely aware of the work you put in on leaks such as this though. Tbqh, I'm here discussing these leaks this whole time in the first place because I was impressed by your time and commitment, and I like looking at every case objectively. I suppose perhaps I was slightly harsh in my tone, but I meant no disrespect my friend.

Well, we both know a guess like Palutena and Ness is rather safe, as such, that could be chalked to luck. As for Startropics, Shin showed us all earlier there is logic and reasons behind Retro rebooting Startropics, done before this leak even brought it up, if the leaker was aware of this, he could of made this guess using that evidence. However if both points were correct, it would give a lot of credibility to him, compared to Sal who made some errors, he would be 100% on the date he said. If Startropics is wrong, it kills it outright outside of a few people in denial. If Palutena and Ness are wrong, it doesn't kill it, but it provides us with a situation similar to Sal. Sure if he's 100% right people would still claim lucky and fake, perhaps even yourself, but people always will claim fake until they see the final product.

At least, that's what I think.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

QueenOfTermina is playing it safe. If I was to fake a leak. That is who I would say is being revealed. Maybe Shulk instead of Chrom. If Palutena, Ness and Startropics are revealed then Leakerbro gets the benefit of the doubt by predicting that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They probably just picked a random, already announced character when they posted the tweet, and then deleted it when they realized/remembered the bestbuy version had a limited roster
My guess^

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He also had a comment where he said "Sakurai will show a stage hazard montage, then tell fans he "forget" to show them what's in the Pyrosphere." So there's another item to watch out for, and personally, I think that one's the most difficult to guess by far.

EDIT:
"Other stuff: Sakurai will show stage hazards in the direct; he will say that he forgot to show what is in the pyrosphere. He will tell you all that you’ll have to wait until the game launches to find out

Yes, he is playable and a hazard. His playable form has gotten a slight redesign as ZSS did"

Last edited:

Neo Zero

BKupa666 said:
He also had a comment where he said "Sakurai will show a stage hazard montage, then tell fans he "forget" to show them what's in the Pyrosphere." So there's another item to watch out for, and personally, I think that one's the most difficult to guess by far.
Was this in the first post? Tbh I never saw it. I've always only seen that Ridley was just going to be teased. That's very interesting

Also Gamer, its likely they just picked a random character to hype people up, then realized Peach wasn't in the invitational build, so deleted the comment to not confuse people

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So some individuals from the office have leaked/teased information beforehand to various different sites such as IGN, Gamefaqs, & NeoGAF about Nintendo games in the past. We are aware of /v/ believe it or not, some of us lurk/drop by from time to time to see what people write. But no one to my knowledge has ever took the liberty to actually post here. I’ll be the first to do that. It’s about 3:36 now & I’m taking a late lunch break. So go ahead, ask any questions.

So here’s the spilled beans I’ll be dropping by:

Ganondorf will be revealed as a returning veteran at the E3 direct feed/stream from the headquarters. He has been under wraps for quite a while because Sakurai & the team have done a nice number on him.

He has a revamped moveset that borrows from his past games throughout history, some creative/new moves, and 2-3 A moves from C. Falcon. Final smash involve transforming to a larger monstrosity, but I cannot tell you guys what that monstrosity is. The hint during the direct should tell you something.

He also has a redesign that Melee, Brawl, and Zelda fans in general will appreciate. I can’t say much on that one because to be fair; that description alone was a dead give away. If you’re desperate, look up the concept art for TP. It’s out there

Along with Ganondorf being revealed as the Returning Veteran, there will also be another surprise at the very end of the direct. The newcomer shown will be Hades. The way he’s going to be revealed will be comical; so I won’t spoil that for you at least. Let’s just say Link & Pit are in for a rude awakening.

Other stuff
Sakurai will show stage hazards in the direct; he will say that he forgot to show what is in the pyrosphere. He will tell you all that you’ll have to wait until the game launches to find out

Yes, he is playable and a hazard. His playable form has gotten a slight redesign as ZSS did

Sorry for ruining the fun

Still debating whether or not I should continue. If I do, I would be a major party pooper for spoiling people & pissing people off who don’t like what they’re reading. I’m a bit torn, so I’m going to just settle back and see where this thread goes.
Original post.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, he started off pretty decent. I could definitely see the thing with Ganondorf. Ridley? I don't think Ridley will be both a playable character and a stage hazard at this point (I just flat out think he's playable), but the Hades thing I don't buy (I don't think Hades would be announced before Palutena, if he's playable at all), but he destroyed his "leak" with all these massive other leaks following. Thanks for posting the original one, though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Honestly, he started off pretty decent. I could definitely see the thing with Ganondorf. Ridley? I don't think Ridley will be both a playable character and a stage hazard at this point (I just flat out think he's playable), but the Hades thing I don't buy (I don't think Hades would be announced before Palutena, if he's playable at all), but he destroyed his "leak" with all these massive other leaks following. Thanks for posting the original one, though.
He then said the plans changed and Palutena and Ness will be revealed instead. So that doesn't really matter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Was this in the first post? Tbh I never saw it. I've always only seen that Ridley was just going to be teased. That's very interesting

Also Gamer, its likely they just picked a random character to hype people up, then realized Peach wasn't in the invitational build, so deleted the comment to not confuse people
Original post.
Its the original Leakerbros post.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
You know what would be hilarious, if one of these five things happen at the live event:
1. Sakurai actually says "Take that Leakerbros!"
2. Sakurai comes out unexpectedly like people do now a days
3. Its announced Mario will be retired as the Mascot in 2016
4. They announce Geno
5. Sakurai says the game is Delayed to Spring 2015

Id laugh my *** off just picturing everyones reactions XD

D

Deleted member

Not saying that I believe the "leak", but I find it hypocrite that having Geno makes it fake while we have another "leak"(which even has its own thread btw) who includes Chorus Men, characters that appeared in 2 inigames in 1 single game of the franchise that was not even considered before the "leak"

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Not saying that I believe the "leak", but I find it hypocrite that having Geno makes it fake while we have another "leak"(which even has its own thread btw) who includes Chorus Men, characters that appeared in 2 inigames in 1 single game of the franchise that was not even considered before the "leak"
Well, Sal Romano's leak has been accurate as of now. It has way more credibility than this... trash "leak"...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
*cough*Greninja*cough*

He may not have said the exact Pokemon, but it's still something.
It is not hard to remember Greninja's name, though. I would give more credibility to the leak if he had mentioned the Pokémon by the name.

And if it was posted before the Direct (like the first leak back in the E3 Direct of 2013).

I dunno, although I wouldn't mind if it was true, I can't bring myself to believe this second leak.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No, predicting Pokemon from X and Y is nothing, it was hella easy after Prism Tower
Fine then, if that doesn't prove that our Sal friend here is accurate...

*cough*Mega Man*cough*Villager*COUGH*WII FIT TRAINER*HACK, HACK, COUGH*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No, predicting Pokemon from X and Y is nothing, it was hella easy after Prism Tower
...And yet no one here was doing it with any seriousness on a regular basis. Whatever. Chorus Men will seal the deal.

But what does Greninja have to do with E3 leaks, exactly?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It is not hard to remember Greninja's name, though. I would give more credibility to the leak if he had mentioned the Pokémon by the name.

And if it was posted before the Direct (like the first leak back in the E3 Direct of 2013).

I dunno, although I wouldn't mind if it was true, I can't bring myself to believe this second leak.
...It was posted before the Direct. A few days before, I think.

D

Deleted member

*cough*Mega Man*cough*Villager*COUGH*WII FIT TRAINER*HACK, HACK, COUGH*
Omg, Mega Man was so hard! Even after Sakurai said "A Capcom character could be playable"; Omg, one of Nintendo's best selling franchises main character was so hard!
I only give credit for predicting WFT

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Let me correct that for you, mate.

*cough* most obvious 3rd party *cough*most obvious newcomer in the game since AC still didn't have any rep*COUGH*VERY LUCKY GUESS BUT VERY LOGICAL CONSIDERING THE WII FIT SALES*HACK, HACK, COUGH*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nope, day of. (And he should've known the name by that point, but I digress.)

Point is, if Gematsu didn't get Wii Fit Trainer, no one would take a second look at it. Geno as far as anyone's concerned is next-to-impossible and even then, this guy has leaked "way" too much for it to actually be credible. If it turned out true? Awesome, but highly unlikely.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Omg, Mega Man was so hard! Even after Sakurai said "A Capcom character could be playable"; Omg, one of Nintendo's best selling franchises main character was so hard!
I only give credit for predicting WFT
Not Villager? The character that Sakurai said was unfit for Smash? Man, you're stubborn.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let me correct that for you, mate.
Come on people. This discussion has nothing to do with E3 leaks yet (since Sal hasn't leaked again since the direct) and I think the thread's been warned about it before.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Come on people. This discussion has nothing to do with E3 leaks yet (since Sal hasn't leaked again since the direct) and I think the thread's been warned about it before.
At least... we HOPE to see that Sal will put up a new leak.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Was it? Because I only remember people bringing the second leak in the day of the Direct. More specifically, after it.

If it was really posted before the Direct, then I stand corrected.
Not Villager? The character that Sakurai said was unfit for Smash? Man, you're stubborn.
Predicting that a character who was brought up once as a possible newcomer for Smash, but denied by Sakurai, isn't really that far-fetched.

Kudos for this Sal Romano person for predicting Wii Fit Trainer, but that is about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom