• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really hate when this thread does stuff like this. There have been text leaks before, but this thread is digging into this random dude on 4chan's text post just because people here like what they hear. Come on guys. It literally has no credibility. And people here cannot deny that Sal leak has evidence for it, as some people here have said it does not. Not missing a character yet and nailing WFT and Villager (the latter of which Sakurai had said before would never come to Smash) is a big deal. Then Little Mac... There's extreme evidence for that leak being real. Do not deny that. So why are we so into this random text leak? Just because we like it? Chibi-Robo I'd be psyched for sure, but we gotta have a real mind here folks.
Not missing a character is not evidence, per se. It is just something that does not directly refute the leak. I mean, it missed characters in other ways such as Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man not present during e3 or Rosalina.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was doing logical reasoning... and the final roster, surely will look like this:

- Grovyle, you know Water (Greninja) vs. Fire (Charizard) vs. Grass (Grovyle). Pokémon Alpha & Omega.
- Chrom, is good for me.
- Shulk make sense.
- King K. Rool, highly requested
- Palutena make sense. Moar KiD ICARUS SHARACTERSS!1!!1!

edit: Oh My God I Forget CAPTIN FALCON, JIGGLYPUFF NESS AND LUCAS
Why would Toon Link just be randomly separated from the rest of the Zelda characters?

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I was doing logical reasoning... and the final roster, surely will look like this:

- Grovyle, you know Water (Greninja) vs. Fire (Charizard) vs. Grass (Grovyle). Pokémon Alpha & Omega.
- Chrom, is good for me.
- Shulk make sense.

So, you're including K Rool under the basis that he is highly requested, but ignoring that mewtwo and ridley are highly requested too.

EDIT: i know that you didn't quite organize it to look like what it'll look, but why would the kirby franchise be on a column if everything else was in a row

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

- Chrom, is good for me.
- Shulk make sense.

Not even pytting megaman and Sonic ?

Anyway not the topic for that if it doesnt fit a "leak". Use the roster thread.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I think I forgot 50% of the characters :crazy::c:crying::cry:
If you want, use it to make sure you remember everyone from Brawl Sal leak and E3 leak ;

Last time I hope I'll post a roster here.

EDIT : no new post of the leaker at the moment.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

- Chrom, is good for me.
- Shulk make sense.

Also forgot Sheik, Megaman and Sonic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If you want, use it to make sure you remember everyone from Brawl Sal leak and E3 leak ;

Last time I hope I'll post a roster here.

God do I wish that was the final roster. I seriously wouldn't ask for any other character in any other game or movie ever.

Nothing good comes from dwelling too much in this subject. I really wish I could stop thinking about it. And the only reason that I DO think about it, is because it interwines with what I researched regarding Retro's game.

Morbi

Scavenger
God do I wish that was the final roster. I seriously wouldn't ask for any other character in any other game or movie ever.

Nothing good comes from dwelling too much in this subject. I really wish I could stop thinking about it. And the only reason that I DO think about it, is because it interwines with what I researched regarding Retro's game.
I feel the same way, mostly as it has Hades and Robin. However, the leak does not seem entirely credible. It is hard to not dwell though.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I feel the same way, mostly as it has Hades and Robin. However, the leak does not seem entirely credible. It is hard to not dwell though.
No one issaying it's 100% true, it's just that we have no ther leak to talk about for now, so we are discussing over it as much as we can.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah, I see.
But it's the great ammount of characters in it that sort of kills it for me.
I mean, if I recall correctly there was a trailer for Mike (+Lucas), a trailer for Hades (+Ganondorf). Maybe more.
I don't get why these veterans would be shoehorned into these trailers in the first pllace... It hasn't been done so far, except for Charizard, but at least he and Greninja belonged to the same franchise. Having two characters from different IPs be introduced in the same trailer feels... really off.

If any veteran should be tacked on to Mike's trailer, it should be ROB. And Palutena should double-feature the Hades trailer. :p
That's how I feel it should be like, at least.

P.S. The name of the leaker also gives it away. I mean "LeakerBros"? Really? Why not SmashInsider while he's at it? XD

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
So wait, I'm just catching up here:

-We're believing the Sal Romano leak. So, that adds:

Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena
Chrom
Chorus Men
Shulk

Bringing our total to 36 characters.

-Then there's this new leak, adding to our characters:
Ganondorf
Ridley
Hades
Lucas
Ness
Mike Jones
Chibi-Robo
Robin/ My Avatar Unit
Takamaru
R.O.B.
A DK Newcomer

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
'Evidence'.

Mmmmn. :troll:
WFT is the only reason why I even acknowledge it. I still think it's false though. But if it gets Chorus Men right, I'll 100% believe it. 2 WTF characters is just incredible if right.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
WFT is the only reason why I even acknowledge it. I still think it's false though. But if it gets Chorus Men right, I'll 100% believe it. 2 WTF characters is just incredible if right.
Long story short, since I feel like I've said it a billion times, but a Chorus Men are the linchpin holding that gravy train together.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
why is chorus men on top of marth?

Also coming back to topic, does anybody knows if this e3 "leaker" posted something today like he would said yesterday
Did he say so ? I read he always posted at the same hour, isn't it too late for today ?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Launch trailers are kind of a thing, I guess.
True enough, but I hardly see the need for a trailer for a game that's already released in both Japanese and English. That makes me doubt it, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until it's proven fake, I suppose.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
this would be easy to fake, its a print out, but i for one am really excited for the nintendo figures wii u thingy soooo this could be kinda cool...

alright i dont want to jump the gun but remember a while back when we saw that namco was hiring for smash6??? and no one understood what that could be, and now we have the figures and the possibility of them being compatible with smash? is it actual possible that we will get not DLC but figures that you can buy that could add more characters to the smash roster making the games shelf life extremely long?

i'd flip out if thats the case it would be too awesome... holding back excitement.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That asterisk attenuates the legitimacy of the leak.

Edit- I have no idea why I quoted you, I was trying to quote the leak. Haha... ignore this.
It matters not. I'd like to know how exactly it attenuates the leak. Are you talking about the random asterisk near "Nintendo U"?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I guess if this was real Project Steam would be the 3ds Q&A game.

Points for visible letters on the other side of the sheet lol

Morbi

Scavenger
It matters not. I'd like to know how exactly it attenuates the leak. Are you talking about the random asterisk near "Nintendo U"?
No; the very specific use of the NFC figures at the bottom. It seems completely and utterly weird that they would elaborate on that aspect of the game. I suppose it is just unnecessary.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wouldn't mind if this lineup was legit. The only thing I dislike is the NFP crap.

Edit: Zelda Unbound King, uh? Ganondorf much?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The fact they put ´ on the e in Pokémon make it 100% legit. Fakers tend to type the name without the accent.

lol

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
No; the very specific use of the NFC figures at the bottom. It seems completely and utterly weird that they would elaborate on that aspect of the game. I suppose it is just unnecessary.
yeah after reading it over it seems strange to first off start with a paragraph explaining what the list bellow is exactly and then WHY would it address the figures on what is just a list of whats going to be shown.

it doesnt disprove it, its just odd... of course it is JUST a printed out piece of paper so its the easiest thing to fake in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom