• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ah! Thank you so much!

It would be so easy to create one of these leaks. Just print out a piece of paper with some info and be like "look, I got leaked info!"

That said, I wouldn't mind this being real. An HD version of Mario Sunshine? OMG YES PLZ. Though I was also hoping to see a 2.5d Metroid title for 3DS. We'll have to see what plays out.
your welcome, for the record the guy who posted that on 4chan said his "gf" was a model working the booths for nintendo and sent him that picture, then after people said the hand looked "mannish" we got another picture of the hand that "she" supposedly sent after he told her people were saying that... people still said it looked like a guy painted his nails (personally im not cynical like 4chan and dont think its impossible for a female to be on the internet nor do i think its impossible for a female to fake a leak but whatever) and that was it.

i will say the whole thing seemed a bit fishy to me, just saying... of course 4chan always seems questionable for leaks.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I don't know where you've been, but they made Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (2010), Mario Tennis Open (2012) & Mario Golf: World Tour (2014) across the past 5 years, and made We Love Golf for Wii in 2007.
Square Enix made several Mario games, and Sega has made a handful of Mario and Sonic Olympic games. That still doesnt make them second/first party. As far as I understand, they completely left Nintendo, and only make games for them. And looking it to it, it looks like Nintendo never owned them to begin with, although I wish we could find a solid source on the history of their relationship.

D

Deleted member

If we get more than 50 chars, I'm going to be surprised, I prefer to believe we WILL get 49-50 chars to not set up for disapointment
Anyway, back on topic, any new "leaks"?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
if anyone wasnt ok with that roster they'd have to be crazy. its far beyond what anyone should be expecting.
Far beyond does not mean good, it's like giving a kid a gallon of Chocolate Ice Cream, and going far beyond their request of a small tub and then telling them off for complaining because they only like Strawberry. 2 Awakening reps, Mike Jone, Hades, Chorus Men, Chibi-Robo and Mii are all Chocolate Ice Cream to me, and I would rather have all of them removed for just an extra stage, not even a character...

I'll accept Shorus Men if it happens, and maybe Mii, because not everyone's the same as me, but to pull out low sellers like Chibi and Mike, or two newcomers off the back of one game... no, I would loose all faith in Smash 4!

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Anything with Ridley in is a good thing. :D

Anyways, any neat, recent E3 leaks, or something? I mean, there's usually some real leaks this Close to E3.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I guess I must be crazy. It's actually an awful roster.
not to get off topic but...what are you expecting???

i'm capping my hopefulness at 50 characters and i even think that is an optimistic out look.

if both sal and this e3 leak are true AND the only cuts from brawl are squirtle and ivysaur its 58 character roster and we get tons of newcomers, many of which are highly requested, if you're unhappy with the roster you're being selfish and angry about some specific character you wanted not getting in. Sorry but there's no other way to look at someone being disappointed in that roster.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
not to get off topic but...what are you expecting???

i'm capping my hopefulness at 50 characters and i even think that is an optimistic out look.

if both sal and this e3 leak are true AND the only cuts from brawl are squirtle and ivysaur and we get tons of newcomers, many of which are highly requested, if you're unhappy with the roster you're being selfish and angry about some specific character you wanted not getting in. Sorry but there's no other way to look at someone being disappointed in that roster.
I just hate the characters on it. I don't like the current newcomers as well. No full female FE character? And all of those four use swords in someway? I hate Pacman, Mii, and Chrom.

I actually don't care for a lot of popular characters. Little Mac, Rosalina, Chrom, Greninja, Mii, Pacman, Megaman? I don't like having any of them on the roster.

That's why I don't like the leaks, except the Palutena one.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I just hate the characters on it. I don't like the current newcomers as well. No full female FE character? And all of those four use swords in someway? I hate Pacman, Mii, and Chrom.

I actually don't care for a lot of popular characters. Little Mac, Rosalina, Chrom, Greninja, Mii, Pacman, Megaman? I don't like having any of them on the roster.

That's why I don't like the leaks, except the Palutena one.
Robin would almost certainly have a female alt... whatever im not going to argue this because the E3 leak is probably fake anyway, i just can't believe someone would actually be disappointed with that gigantic fan pleasing roster.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Different strokes for different folks.

I tried looking on 4chan (ugh, that site) and no sign of anything interesting. Why can't you search on that site? (or why isnt it obvious how)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Robin would almost certainly have a female alt... whatever im not going to argue this because the E3 leak is probably fake anyway, i just can't believe someone would actually be disappointed with that gigantic fan pleasing roster.
I would be disappointed because the only pleasing characters on here that weren't in Brawl are Palutena and possibly King K Rool, Mewtwo, and Female Robin.

The bads outweigh the goods.

I don't want this leak to be real and Mike Jones is what makes me think its fake.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

New Reddit leak.

The guy in the post explains that he's helping set up Nintendo's E3 booth. Everyone who got to setup the place apparently got to play some of the games there. The guy also explained that every character in SSBU & 3D has a Brawl alternate. (If they were in Brawl) He also describes a new Metal Gear stage which appears to be a jungle of some sort.
EDIT: And actually looking at it, I already see an awful photoshop job at the bottom. Well this post was pretty pointless. ah well, guess I'll just leave it here so people can see it, maybe get a laugh from it.

EDIT2: Might as well get this one out of the way too. Someone on Gamefaqs is claiming someone important from the tournament is leaking things. The quote

Like it's have been said, there will be a Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest at the coming E3. This will take place at June 11 from 4-9 pm and June 14 from noon to 5 pm. The leaker, which will be there and the event, has said the following:

- Major role for Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Live tournament with 16 players playing a demo for Super Smash Bros. Wii u
-. Exact release dates for Wii u and 3DS version.
- Competittive stages and game mechanics by Sakurai.
- Sakurai is showing the lotery we know from previous installments.
- FInal smashes from returning veterans: Ness, Captain-Falcon and Meta-Knight
- Several new characters: Mii, Shulk and Pac-Man
- Dixie Kong as assist trophy: didn't made the cut due technical reasons
- RIdley stage hazard

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

New Reddit leak.

EDIT: And actually looking at it, I already see an awful photoshop job at the bottom. Well this post was pretty pointless. ah well, guess I'll just leave it here so people can see it, maybe get a laugh from it.
I was gonna comment on this, but I think it speaks for itself.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

New Reddit leak.

EDIT2: Might as well get this one out of the way too. Someone on Gamefaqs is claiming someone important from the tournament is leaking things. The quote
Well, at least SOMEONE did a Snake "leak" XD I don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt a picture with Snake

Neo Zero

Well, at least SOMEONE did a Snake "leak" XD I don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt a picture with Snake
Ironic that a Snake leak was the unstealthiest leak posted here.

The second leak I edited in at least sounds sorta logical, but it seems to ride Gematsu and the guy hasn't named his source yet, so it's probably more attention grabbing. At least it's something different to talk about lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can pretty much guarantee both those "leaks" are fake. The second one? None of the tournament goers even KNOW anything, and I highly doubt anyone involved in the game would start leaking things like that. And yeah, bad Photoshop on the Snake pic. Not much to see here.

I could definitely see Dixie as an AT.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

New Reddit leak.

I haven't played any MGS game, but that Snake looks like it was photoshopped from Brawl. I'm not even sure where the background originated from.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I haven't played any MGS game, but that Snake looks like it was photoshopped from Brawl. I'm not even sure where the background originated from.
It looks like the Garden of Hope to me. But that's a Wii U stage. Aye, there be a contradiction here.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll accept Shorus Men if it happens, and maybe Mii, because not everyone's the same as me, but to pull out low sellers like Chibi and Mike, or two newcomers off the back of one game... no, I would loose all faith in Smash 4!
But then everyone and their mothers want Ice Climbers remakes/sequels, just because SSB makes them relevant... e_e

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Does this list look legit to any of you guys? https://twitter.com/MikeWehner/status/474602808520740864/photo/1 I mean, there's no X for Wii U and why would they make an HD Remake for Mario Sunshine before Galaxy/Galaxy 2 and...DA **** is Wave Race: Blue Storm and what makes IT more deserving of an HD remake then any a well known Gamecube/Wii game?
Well, Sunshine came out before Galaxy. And I assume "XenoMech Saga" is supposed to be X.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm honestly suprised how noone's done a Leak of Wario yet. They put him in fake stage selects, but use his Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (for Wii) artwork, making it obvious. Where's the Wario Leaks that look good? Atleast try, people! :\
Also FIVE MORE DAYS! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Booster

Smash Lord
Well, Sunshine came out before Galaxy. And I assume "XenoMech Saga" is supposed to be X.
Okay, that's fair, but Sunshine wasn't as beloved, I haven't heard anyone talk about Sunshine in years, but everyone talks about the Galaxy games, and I've heard of NO ONE talk about Wave Race Blue Storm, I didn't even know it existed

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wonder if there's any chance of an Ivy/Squirtle duo to represent Pokemon doubles. :p

EDIT: Wrong thread. X_X

Anyways, where did that Snake pic come from?
Wouldn't say he's too out there, but is that the Snake Eater model?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, that's fair, but Sunshine wasn't as beloved, I haven't heard anyone talk about Sunshine in years, but everyone talks about the Galaxy games, and I've heard of NO ONE talk about Wave Race Blue Storm, I didn't even know it existed
But, dude. Sunshine in HD? That would look freakin' beautiful.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
XenoMech Saga? Aren't the mechs called "dolls" or something in the games made by that developer?

Then again, they wouldn't put "doll" in the title anyway.

That leak is of course fake, because I kind of like it to be true. Starfox for the 3DS? Yes please.

Booster

Smash Lord
XenoMech Saga? Aren't the mechs called "dolls" or something in the games made by that developer?

Then again, they wouldn't put "doll" in the title anyway.

That leak is of course fake, because I kind of like it to be true. Starfox for the 3DS? Yes please.
XenoDolls Saga. You're right, I would never buy a game with "Dolls" in the name and I would think most people would feel the same

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Not really, but I expect Harvest Moon to be seen as its whole franchise is Nintendo exclusive. It would be like not advertising a Phoenix Wright game, a move like that might make the companies with the franchises reconsider their loyalty. Nintendo needs more 3rd party support and they know they wont gain it if 3rd party games exclusive to Nintendo products aren't pushed enough. Look at bayonetta 2 for an example, or even any new dragonage game.

But even after all this they will defiantly show an announcement trailer for a new 3DS exclusive 3rd party game from a big company (just like child of light from Ubisoft). I would agree with you IF this was not the first look at the game.
Harvest Moon is not a Nintendo exclusive franchise, there have been games on Playstation, PS2, and PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom