• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really hope that's the only MARIO we get this E3. I'm still salty about two years ago with that Mario-centric E3 which depressed me for two weeks. And then last year a Luigi-centric E3. (But then again, the Smash Bros part of the E3 really made it all worthwhile).

They better not announce this to be the year of Bowser at the very last minute before E3 just to unveil a plethora of more Mario games.. :/

edit: Don't get me wrong. A Mario maker sounds NEAT!
I would recreate all SMB1 stages and make them underwater!
And then perhaps do SMB2usa the same way. :D

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
A credible picture taken at what seems to be the E3 booth set-up? Something we can actually believe?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I know a certain blogger who is going to have a fit because Nintendo is expecting him to make 2D Mario instead of developing it themselves.

You know of whom I speak - if you don't, don't mention him because that will make this a "Bash that guy thread" for a while.

Hey! Maybe those NFC figurines people assumed were for Smash/Miyamoto's new IP are for the Mario Maker - so you can play through Mario stages with new characters?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I know a certain blogger who is going to have a fit because Nintendo is expecting him to make 2D Mario instead of developing it themselves.

You know of whom I speak - if you don't, don't mention him because that will make this a "Bash that guy thread" for a while.
W-who??? Wat????

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If real I hope mario maker allows for more than just smb1 level creation. Options for smb2, smb3, smworld and nsmb(u) would be great.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been keeping up with rumors, but I'm curious. Has the inclusion of Ike pretty much debunk all of the "leaks"?

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
I haven't been keeping up with rumors, but I'm curious. Has the inclusion of Ike pretty much debunk all of the "leaks"?
The only thing that could possibly debunk Nintendo E3 leaks is Nintendo, which is more than likely just E3 itself.
Neither of the leaks go too much into detail, so we'll just have to wait these 5 agonizing days to see if these leaks are real....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ike only debunks any and all leaks that specifically stated Ike wasn't in the game. Most of those leaks were debunked a long time ago anyway.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't follow Polygon, my bad. Did a quick Google search that I was too lazy to do before.
Neither do I. Some random user on NeoGAF posted the tweet there.

Polygon isn't that reliable, as far as I know, but since the site isn't banned on NeoGAF, maybe Mario Maker is really a thing.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
New Leaker Bros post.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/246659679/hello-to-everyone-yet-again-its-546-right-now-and

Hello to everyone yet again. It's 5:46 right now; and I had to work overtime so I can leave early on Monday. For those who forgot, I have dropped by several times revealing information about smash bros. So far, I've revealed Hades, Ganondorf (both of which share a trailer reveal), the teasing and ultimate reveal of Ridley, Lucas (and implication of Ness), Mike Jones (As well as Retro rebooting Star Tropics), Chibi Robo, Avatar, Takamaru (with a project by a little well known team just starting), and ROB. Now let's get these 3 out of the way

1) Wolf

Back and better than ever. Along with Falco; he was buffed considerably as well in his own strengths. The two notable things is that his final smash (along with Falco's) have changed and their old voice actors from assault returned.

2) Shulk

Final smash was the Monado Buster; more flashy than the final smash for link by a mile.

3) Bandana Dee

He is named as so; thanks to the early fan nickname in the east and west as well as with the latest title. He was one of the last four characters added to the roster.

The first question asked was, "Will there be a new comer for Star fox?" To which I answered, "no."

The second question asked was, "Will Donkey Kong get get a newcomer?" The answer to that question was, "yes."

Feel free to ask a question; but make it general, not specific. Make it count!

I'll be coming back Tomorrow on Friday as well as on Monday. Be sure to tune in on Monday, as it'll be my final megaton entry here.
New post answering people:

>>246660002
There is a Zelda newcomer

>>246660056
The whole reason I allow questions is for them to be general. I have to leave in some surprises for you all to connect the dots.

>>246660202
There isn't a F-Zero newcomer

>>246660264
I do know what's in it, but I'm getting to it slowly as I've mentioned in my last entry. Monday will be the finale before I leave you all to enjoy E3

>>246660364
>Assuming I can ask non-Smash questions, can we expect anything from Level-5 at E3 for Nintendo systems? Perhaps another game published by Nintendo overseas?

My questions pertains to Smash bros exclusively. Level 5 does have plans for Nintendo systems (in general), but none to my knowledge if it'll come to the states. Third party affairs such as that are directly dealt with Treehouse and one particular individual on the board. I heard there were talks about bringing Yokai watch; but that's how short it ended up at. It's the same issue when they wanted us to bring Inazuma Eleven over to the west.

>>246660589
I sadly cannot but there is a mode which will want you to buy the console version over the 3DS. Surely you can wait until the direct to find out

>>246661142
There will not. There is currently one representative per third party. I can tell you that Capcom does have a AT which is a very familiar face to you all

>>246661383
Enough to put food on the table and have a decent living. The benefits far outweigh the salary.

>>246661404
I cannot comment on cut characters but there were characters that are cut.

>>246661729
I'll mention a specific thing on Monday as I've said before, stay tuned!

>>246663125
By the time I'm done on Monday with the information, you'll know who became full fledged characters and who are still Assist trophies

I'll see you all tomorrow on Friday, and especially Monday which will be the last!
Discuss.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Like it's have been said, there will be a Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest at the coming E3. This will take place at June 11 from 4-9 pm and June 14 from noon to 5 pm. The leaker, which will be there and the event, has said the following:
- Major role for Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Live tournament with 16 players playing a demo for Super Smash Bros. Wii U
- Exact release dates for Wii u and 3DS version.
- Competittive stages and game mechanics by Sakurai.
- Sakurai is showing the lotery we know from previous installments.
- FInal smashes from returning veterans: Ness, Captain-Falcon and Meta-Knight
- Several new characters: Mii, Shulk and Pac-Man
- Dixie Kong as assist trophy: didn't made the cut due technical reasons
- RIdley stage hazard
I know I'm gonna be the unpopular one because of that last part, but I would be 100% okay if this were all true. Actually, this is pretty much what I'm expecting from E3's showing of new info.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This looks extremely likely to be real. Very tough to fake. My buddy's brother is apparently setting up at E3. No joke he is helping setup the show floor. As far as I know he is only building Microsoft's set. Because he got a hold of an Xbox E3 pass and is gonna give it to me because he does not care for video games. I asked him if Halo 2 Anniversary was real. He said they are under strict supervision to not share info. And one way or another (he did not elaborate) they still have a way to hide stuff from the workers. I'm not sure if he even has access to Nintendo's section as it seemed only MS employees.

That new leaker bros post, as much as I want Bandana Dee, I don't see it happening. This guy seems like he's just creating fan service. If it's real, great, but it doesn't have any credibility so I doubt it. It's a text post on 4chan. Let's be real. I try not to believe leaks like this right before E3 because I'd rather not be let down

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
fake as can be im sick of this leaker being followed so much.

I know I'm gonna be the unpopular one because of that last part, but I would be 100% okay if this were all true. Actually, this is pretty much what I'm expecting from E3's showing of new info.
dont know if its true or not but im expecting Mii and Pacman because they'd HAVE to be shown here if they are in (mii because of having to show off how that works and pacman being third party needs to be shown to promote)...

my guess was pacman mii palutena and some vets but shulk instead is highly possible given hes also part of the sal leak.

ridley being shown off finally, even as a stage hazard, would be something sakurai could do here 2...even if he thinks fans will be happy to see him instead of angry hes not playable. seems like one of those "clueless nintendo" things that WOULD happen

Khoru

Smash Champion
in the case leakerbro were accurate, we'd end up with 54-56 characters
that's not even counting gematsu

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mario Maker sounds kinda meh.. Hopefully it's a lot more to it than a simple stage hacking game.
It sounds awesome actually. There are many creative people out there capable of creating some great stages for the game.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Analysis by Connor time. (i'm probably wasting my time, a too good to be true 4chan text leak? Why am I doing this?

> there will be a new zelda newcomer

Aight. Maybe Ghirahim, maybe Rovio, I don't even know anymore.

> Stuff about level 5

He's getting really specific. Which will help in proving or denying him

> No other mega man character. Assist trophy that is recognizable

We already saw Elec-man... Zero?

> i cannot comment on characters

says the one who claims to have just leaked the CHARACTER ROSTER

> Bandana Dee. Now love me because you like my leak

Good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom