• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
No, they confirmed the official title is Hyrule Warriors, at least in the West. In Japan, the name is simply "Zelda Musou".

Yeah, I don't believe it either. The Mario Maker thing was said to be a 3DS title, by the way, but in the "leak" it is listed as a Wii U game.
Ah. Didn't know that either. Well that adds more evidence against it. Good to know.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
A few people arguing about whether Bayonetta is 3rd party or not. Since it is being published by Nintendo, wouldn't it be considered a 2nd party game?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So two more KI reps and another random Kirby rep? I know he's popular but he is a common enemy... I think 3 is pushing it for KI, and 4 for Kirby is overkill, not that the game doesnt deserve 4 but there isnt a 4th character on the level of Kirby, Dedede, and MetaKnight, and I thought Sakurai was going to stray away from prioritizing his babies... I swear if Bandana Dee makes it in before a plethora of more deserving characters I will be incredibly disappointed in Sakurai. If the roster is well into the 50's and approaching 60, I'll have no problem. But that's an extremely unlikely amount of newcomers. Unless Sal is wrong. I mean I'd prefer that. Do they conflict yet?
Umm...someone really needs to read the OP of the Bandana Dee thread.
Bandana Dee is totally a generic enemy and including him over most deserving characters would be terrible.
Wii Fit Trainer is a generic yoga teacher, Greninja is a generic Pokemon, Yoshi is a generic umm...Yoshi, Ridley is a generic Space Dragon and King K.Rool is a generic Kremling with weight problems :troll:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Because 3DSes don't have stylus.
A few people arguing about whether Bayonetta is 3rd party or not. Since it is being published by Nintendo, wouldn't it be considered a 2nd party game?
No, it still is third party. Bayonetta 2 is no different than say, Ninja Gaiden Black, a game that was initially exclusive to the Xbox and founded by Microsoft and a few years later was released for Sony consoles (with a different name, but almost exactly the same content).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Wow these leakers arent even trying anymore. I miss the days of the community spending weeks trying to debunk a leak.

Btw that 'leak' from a Nintendo packet I want to believe. The sideways blurry one... aweful.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Nintendo packet lines up with Mario Maker. But it came right after the show floor leak. Making me extremely skeptical

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If you're going to do that remove the Gematsu characters (minus Shulk) as I'm pretty sure Leakers basically says its fake. Also we have some unaccounted cuts as well

Edit: wait, where the heck did Ditto come from?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you're going to do that remove the Gematsu characters (minus Shulk) as I'm pretty sure Leakers basically says its fake. Also we have some unaccounted cuts as well

Edit: wait, where the heck did Ditto come from?
Ditto is just there as the random spot.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Wii Fit Trainer is a generic yoga teacher, Greninja is a generic Pokemon, Yoshi is a generic umm...Yoshi, Ridley is a generic Space Dragon and King K.Rool is a generic Kremling with weight problems :troll:
I'll tell you what though man. After reading your Waddle Dee support thread. I want him bad. I will main the hell out of that character. Love kirby. Love that moveset. And I play Smash competitive and plan to only extend that in Smash 4. Now matter how low on the tier kist, I will be dang sure I make thact character the best.

Kirby deserves a fourth character before KI gets three, especially Hades.

That being said, too good to be true

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'll tell you what though man. After reading your Waddle Dee support thread. I want him bad. I will main the hell out of that character. Love kirby. Love that moveset. And I play Smash competitive and plan to only extend that in Smash 4. Now matter how low on the tier kist, I will be dang sure I make thact character the best.

Kirby deserves a fourth character before KI gets three, especially Hades.

That being said, too good to be true
Thanks! :D
And well, I'm just defending Bandana Dee, I think the leak is fake XD

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Thanks! :D
And well, I'm just defending Bandana Dee, I think the leak is fake XD
Darn you. I was satisfied with Mega Man and Villager. Those were who I wanted. It's been a smooth ride till now. Now I know the feeling of wanting a character that you're pretty sure will not happen :(

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I heard there was a leak about Bandana Dee from some random dude on 4Chan that has no pics and only text? He is probably just pulling stuff from his butt, but I want to give it a good read. Anyone have a link?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I heard there was a leak about Bandana Dee from some random dude on 4Chan that has no pics and only text? He is probably just pulling stuff from his butt, but I want to give it a good read. Anyone have a link?
It's Leakerbros. Same guy that "leaked" Hades and all those other dudes. It's only like 2 pages back. It's a text leak from 4chan though. So it's obviouslt legit./s

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Everyone is just a generic Nintendo character. :troll:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's Leakerbros. Same guy that "leaked" Hades and all those other dudes. It's only like 2 pages back. It's a text leak from 4chan though. So it's obviouslt legit./s
I wanna believe because it hits all the right points. However I think 59 characters is a crazy number and I would eat a hat if it surpasses 52.

Mike Jones seems like a left field character, but since it is Sakurai I have no clue if that's even a possibility on his list. Also I'm iffy on Takamaru and Chibi-Robo, but they may to be a possibility. Oh well, only 5 days left before we get some more newcomer reveals.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I wanna believe because it hits all the right points. However I think 59 characters is a crazy number and I would eat a hat if it surpasses 52.

Mike Jones seems like a left field character, but since it is Sakurai I have no clue if that's even a possibility on his list. Also I'm iffy on Takamaru and Chibi-Robo, but they may to be a possibility. Oh well, only 5 days left before we get some more newcomer reveals.
I'm fine with a third KI rep only if we get Ridley, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, chibi-Robo, and Mike Jones. So he made up for putting in a third KI rep if it is true. Assuming it is real (it isn't let's be real here) I wonder how many would be clones. Would not be surprised in the least bit if Ganon gets a new moveset, and Hades is a Ganon clone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I don't know why people keep trying to put the two leaks together. Didn't this leak a while back say that Chrom was an AT? That automatically suggests that this leak is completely disregarding Sal Romano's leak. Now I don't believe either leak, but the two leaks clearly contradict one another.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

I read it. He just feels like Toad to me. Just cooler. He shares a name with common enemies but has a little more character. Like I said, if the leaks are true, then there are alot of characters and I could see him making the list. So he was a redflag for me when I read the leak because he seems unlikely, but with the large potential roster that reasoning quickly defeats itself. I mean no offense; so long as he's unique, he's welcome. I'm surprised neither leak, Sal or LeakerBro, mentions Snake. LeakerBro seems more likely to possibly mention him, either cut or in, but honestly the only leaks I believe right now are the Mario Maker one and Palutena.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I read it. He just feels like Toad to me. Just cooler. He shares a name with common enemies but has a little more character. Like I said, if the leaks are true, then there are alot of characters and I could see him making the list. So he was a redflag for me when I reas the leak because he seems unlikely, but with the large potential roster that reasoning quickly defeats itself. I mean no offense; so long as he's unique, he's welcome. I'm surprised neither leak, Sal or LeakerBro, mentions Snake. LeakerBro seems more likely to possibly mention him, either cut or in, but honestly the only leaks I believe right now are the Mario Maker one and Palutena.
The only reason that Bandana Dee deserves to be in Smash 4 is that Kirby deserves a 4th rep. Mario and Kirby are like the 2 faces of Smash, and with Mario having 5 characters now, it would make sense for Kirby to have 4.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only reason that Bandana Dee deserves to be in Smash 4 is that Kirby deserves a 4th rep. Mario and Kirby are like the 2 faces of Smash, and with Mario having 5 characters now, it would make sense for Kirby to have 4.
Mario had 5 in melee, you can't really use that as a reason for Kirby to get 4.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Mario had 5 in melee, you can't really use that as a reason for Kirby to get 4.
Doctor Mario was a clone though. However I guess your right. He is just a character I want in Smash when it comes down to it, no more, no less.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Darn you. I was satisfied with Mega Man and Villager. Those were who I wanted. It's been a smooth ride till now. Now I know the feeling of wanting a character that you're pretty sure will not happen :(
I keep telling this to everyone and here too I want to remind you that there really isnt much competition for a 4th kirby rep, the only other 2 are fluff and magolor so it is quite likely :3 don't give up hope

Khoru

Smash Champion
I keep telling this to everyone and here too I want to remind you that there really isnt much competition for a 4th kirby rep, the only other 2 are fluff and magolor so it is quite likely :3 don't give up hope
also potentially dark matter (not to say BD isn't the most likely)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Doctor Mario was a clone though. However I guess your right. He is just a character I want in Smash when it comes down to it, no more, no less.
I still don't see him being playable. If he was though I'd be fine with it cause at least he's not Waluigi, Ghirahim or Tingle.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
also potentially dark matter (not to say BD isn't the most likely)
I did believe in dark matter for a while but for now i'm not certain about him considering how many sword weilding characters we have already =o unless theyd mix him up and pull a gannondorf on him and take away his sword, hmm i never thought about that

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I still don't see him being playable. If he was though I'd be fine with it cause at least he's not Waluigi, Ghirahim or Tingle.
I do think dr mario will be playable, just as an alt skin for mario more likely with the additon of them

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
As far as I'm concerned, Kirby has a bunch of potential newcomers. Problem is, none of them have near the importance of The Big Three in that series, and as much as I hate to say it, Bandanna Dee's got a lot of competition and doesn't seem as important as some other characters. I mean, did everyone forget about Gooey? I'd think Gooey would be considered before Bandanna Dee, at least as a Kirby alt.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
So, LeakerBros. I'm going to assume his leak is separate from Sal Romano's in order to eliminate the potential 59 character roster and gives his leak a bit more realism. I'll be basing these points on just what LeakerBros has said.
Rant:
/spoiler-Ness, Lucas, ROB, Wolf, Falco, and Ganondorf(Major overhaul) are returning veterans. This seems very believable, and I expect this to be true.
-Shulk, Hades, Ridley, Chibi Robo, Mike Jones, Takamaru, Avatar and Bandana Dee are Newcomers.
-Shulk is probably in, very popular choice on both sides of the globe, the game was a big success and very positively reviewed, and he is the only character shared between this and Sal's leak. I believe this.
-Ridley is inevitable at this point. If Sakurai teased the fanbase this hard to just make him a Stage Hazard/Boss, then that is just plain cruel.
-Takamaru is also more or less a shoo-in. The most popular retro choice remaining by far, plenty of recent cameos, and would further extenuate the East/West theme (Little Mac/Takamaru, Mike Jones/Lucas).
-Avatar would be a better choice than Chrom in my eyes. Fire Emblem is getting an Awakening rep in some form, and Avatar would be more in the way of customization, as well as uniqueness. I can see this happening as well.
-Chibi Robo is the little robot that just might make the cut. He was recently rebooted on 3DS with the photo finder app, as well as representing a new series, with a very good potential for a unique moveset. I can buy this as well.
-Hades is a toss up. In my eyes his chances as a playable character depend completely on the existence of Palutena as a playable character before him. Even then he is in a toss up with Medusa for that spot. 50/50 here.
-Bandanna Dee. I don't know enough about Bandanna Dee to comment, but if Kirby were to get a fourth rep, Bandanna Dee would be that rep, and with Sakurai's pandering to his own series, this could happen.
-Mike Jones is hard to believe. This can only be true if his previous statement about StarTropics being rebooted is true. If that is true, then I can indeed believe that this could potentially happen.
-F-Zero and Starfox not getting newcomers is very believable. Samurai Goroh is an Assist again, and Black Shadow would probably only happen if Ganon was overhauled, and in this leak, I assume that Ganon's old moveset more or less goes to Hades. Starfox is lucky to have three reps at this point, and Krystal only happens if one of the others is cut, which he claims they are not.
-DK and Zelda get newcomers. This is very believable as well. No arguments here. If Mario and Pokemon get new characters, I would assume that Zelda would as well. DK is long overdue for its third character./spoiler

TL:DR This leak seems a little out there, and probably isn't true. However, if you stick within the bounds of the leak, don't combine it with Sal Romano's, and assuming everything the leaker says is true about other games' development, then the leak doesn't seem so far-fetched to me and could actually be true. Yes, some of the choices are far-fetched, but if they tie into Sakurai's pandering of his own series, and the devleopment of the games he claims to exist, then the leak makes a surprising amount of sense.

Also: I hate to ask, but how do I put this thing in spoiler tags as to not clutter the whole page.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned, Kirby has a bunch of potential newcomers. Problem is, none of them have near the importance of The Big Three in that series, and as much as I hate to say it, Bandanna Dee's got a lot of competition and doesn't seem as important as some other characters. I mean, did everyone forget about Gooey? I'd think Gooey would be considered before Bandanna Dee, at least as a Kirby alt.
While i would be for Gooey i'm not certain if theyd add him considering how old he is, I do agree that if we took the older games there'd be lots of competition (I'm a huge rick the hamster fan personally) but from what ive seen in brawl and the newcommers so far it doesn't look like they're adding in any newcomers from to many older games from the post wii era to this one. which is why i think it's down to what's been out theese past few years. That's just my take on it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom