• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's too bad. I would've like the fact that Hades was playable.
I wouldn't personally. Medusa should get top priority over Hades as she's the original main villain.

But yeah this guy is just spewing a bunch of crap.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
LeakerBros...

So he can spoil us regarding new characters, but he "can't" comment on cut characters... Why? I say leaking new characters and secrets from other Nitnendo 1st party companies should be things that he "can't comment". But... cut characters?

As much as I WANT to believe him, now it sounds really fishy.

Morbi

Scavenger
LeakerBros...

So he can spoil us regarding new characters, but he "can't" comment on cut characters... Why? I say leaking new characters and secrets from other Nitnendo 1st party companies should be things that he "can't comment". But... cut characters?

As much as I WANT to believe him, now it sounds really fishy.
To be fair, it always sounded really fishy. Although, I feel as though that might be the nail in the coffin.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Two new reps for KI isn't that hard to believe, after all, Sakurai worked in Uprising and he may want to put two characters from his game in Smash.

But three is stretching a lot.

Morbi

Scavenger
Two new reps for KI isn't that hard to believe, after all, Sakurai worked in Uprising and he may want to put two characters from his game in Smash.

But three is stretching a lot.
I agree with this perspective. Pit is currently a front-runner; as he was in Brawl. If he is to compare with the other front-runners, an additional Kid Icarus representative is not unfathomable, especially from a series that has so much to draw from. Asserting that two newcomers is "pushing it" is completely arbitrary. Our preconceived notions of the ideal roster might not be (are not) entirely accurate.

Reila

I agree with this perspective. Pit is currently a front-runner; as he was in Brawl. If he is to compare with the other front-runners, an additional Kid Icarus representative is not unfathomable, especially from a series that has so much to draw from. Asserting that two newcomers is "pushing it" is completely arbitrary. Our preconceived notions of the ideal roster might not be (are not) entirely accurate.
Yeah yeah. I totally support two Kid Icarus newcomers (as long as they are Palutena + Medusa or Hades). The cast of Uprising is extremely charismatic.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Wow, a leak that has Takamaru, Mike Jones, Shulk and Bandana Dee... Just add Isaac and this leak has every character I really wanted to see in this game. It's much too good to be true, though...well, at least for me. But hey, I'll bite. I want to believe this guy because of how awesome this all sounds. I'll wait to be disappointed I suppose.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Expecting 45-49 characters. People have these leaks w/ 50+ on the roster, but it's just wishful thinking. Same thing happened in brawl. Honestly I think the focus in this game will be on rebalanicing the existing chars to make them feel a bit more fresh while adding just a few new ones.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Of course the leak that has zero credibility has the likes of Ridley, Bandana Dee, Avatar and Hades, but the leak with credibility had the likes of Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men. I hate the world we live in sometimes v.v.

I'm sure Monday will be "Lol jk" and I'll be left deflated because his roster sounds so much better to me : x

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
So two more KI reps and another random Kirby rep? I know he's popular but he is a common enemy... I think 3 is pushing it for KI, and 4 for Kirby is overkill, not that the game doesnt deserve 4 but there isnt a 4th character on the level of Kirby, Dedede, and MetaKnight, and I thought Sakurai was going to stray away from prioritizing his babies... I swear if Bandana Dee makes it in before a plethora of more deserving characters I will be incredibly disappointed in Sakurai. If the roster is well into the 50's and approaching 60, I'll have no problem. But that's an extremely unlikely amount of newcomers. Unless Sal is wrong. I mean I'd prefer that. Do they conflict yet?

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
So two more KI reps and another random Kirby rep? I know he's popular but he is a common enemy... I think 3 is pushing it for KI, and 4 for Kirby is overkill, not that the game doesnt deserve 4 but there isnt a 4th character on the level of Kirby, Dedede, and MetaKnight, and I thought Sakurai was going to stray away from prioritizing his babies... I swear if Bandana Dee makes it in before a plethora of more deserving characters I will be incredibly disappointed in Sakurai. If the roster is well into the 50's and approaching 60, I'll have no problem. But that's an extremely unlikely amount of newcomers. Unless Sal is wrong. I mean I'd prefer that. Do they conflict yet?
Sal doesn't mention the total number of newcomers/characters nor claims that the characters on the gematsu leak are the only ones coming to the game. The only way this leak and the gematsu leak could conflict is if LeakerBros claimed that one of Sal's characters in not in the game, or its an Assist Trophy.
Anyways i don't believe in this leak, nor Sal's one by the way, but at least the gematsu leak has some credibility, having been correct on the first batch of newcomers. This one doesn't. I could literally start posting "leaks" the same way this guy's doing on 4chan right now, same as anyone else in the internet.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
First off, Bandana Dee is not JUST a generic enemy. He's a long term character that is now the 4th main Kirby Character, having prominent roles including being playable. He deserves to be in a lot, and Kirby totally deserves 4 reps.

To actually answer your question, technically no but the fact Avatar/My Unit is there instead of Chrom basically puts them at odds with each other. The only character both have is Shulk.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Sal doesn't mention the total number of newcomers/characters nor claims that the characters on the gematsu leak are the only ones coming to the game. The only way this leak and the gematsu leak could conflict is if LeakerBros claimed that one of Sal's characters in not in the game, or its an Assist Trophy.
Pretty sure he said that Chrom was an Assist Trophy.

Reila

Bandana Dee is totally a generic enemy and including him over most deserving characters would be terrible.

Anyway, a wild new leak appears:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Monolith software working on 3 games at the same time? I kinda doubt that.
Also would QOL be the new nintendo thingie that they talked would focus on life quality or something like that?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. I highly doubt they're actually going to use/announce Delta Emerald, since that trademark was just registered, and didn't they register Grey and OceanBlue and never used those either.

2. I doubt X is just going to be called Xeno. And I guarantee Zelda U has an official title.

Oh well.

domokl

Smash Lord
I would deal with the bandana haters but this isn't the th threaf to do it

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Two different Metroid Games by different companies?
Bayonetta isn't a third party?
Monolith working on three games?
Where is the NFC game we are almost guaranteed?
This leak is completely false.
Edit: Also, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? I'm fairly certain that already exists. Yep, it does, for the Gamecube.
Edit 2: And no Zelda Title. Wow this is bad. Also, Why on Earth would Nintendo use a placeholder title for an upcoming game that is exactly the same as one that already exists. That is completely illogical.

Last edited:

Reila

Bayonetta is third party right? This says first/second party...
Yes, Nintendo is only paying for the development.
Two different Metroid Games by different companies?
Bayonetta isn't a third party?
Monolith working on three games?
Where is the NFC game we are almost guaranteed?
This leak is completely false.
Edit: Also, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? I'm fairly certain that already exists. Yep, it does, for the Gamecube.
Edit 2: And no Zelda Title. Wow this is bad. Also, Why on Earth would Nintendo use a placeholder title for an upcoming game that is exactly the same as one that already exists. That is completely illogical.
- It wouldn't be the first time. The GBA titles were developed by Nintendo, while the GC titles were developed by Retro Studios
- Yes, it is
- Unlikely as ****
- Maybe the NFC game is the Mario Maker thing
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat could be an HD port. Although it would likely have an "HD" in the title.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Yes, Nintendo is only paying for the development.

- It wouldn't be the first time. The GBA titles were developed by Nintendo, while the GC titles were developed by Retro Studios
- Yes, it is
- Unlikely as ****
- Maybe the NFC game is the Mario Maker thing
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat could be an HD port. Although it would likely have an "HD" in the title.
-Fair Enough
-Alright
-We agree here
-That is a possibility, didn't think of that.
-It was already ported to the Wii with updated controls I think. I guess it could be ported again, but that seems pretty unlikely for a game that wasn't super popular to begin with. And I would assume it would have an HD in it if they were going to port it again.
All in all I still think the leak is false, but you make good points.

Reila

Is Hyrule Warriors not a place holder title?
No, they confirmed the official title is Hyrule Warriors, at least in the West. In Japan, the name is simply "Zelda Musou".
All in all I still think the leak is false, but you make good points.
Yeah, I don't believe it either. The Mario Maker thing was said to be a 3DS title, by the way, but in the "leak" it is listed as a Wii U game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom