• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No; the very specific use of the NFC figures at the bottom. It seems completely and utterly weird that they would elaborate on that aspect of the game. I suppose it is just unnecessary.
Ah, that makes sense. And it is weird. I suppose, should this be true, Nintendo would just want to show what the NFC figures can do for Smash. ...Or something.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I refuse to believe any leak that doesn't have TWEWY 2 for 3DS! *sniff*

Actually, I'd think Pokken fighters would be more of a 3DS title. These leaks do look convincing though. I just don't see them making a Sunshine HD though.
Pokken Fighters was already teased to be a Wii U title, though.
I found the manga kinda hard to follow, but it seemed like he was some sort of king who was shunned and chained up in a dungeon, but then the people of the kingdom set him free so he could save the world.

...I think?
Sounds like something you would see in a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls game. A game based on this king could be interesting.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I feel like Nintendo would pull out Star Fox on the Wii U if they were gonna bring back one of the forbidden three (Strar Fox, F-Zero, Metroid) before 3DS. 3DS is fine. It's got a new Pokemon and smash coming this year. And I wouldn't be surprised if we got some other mario title soon. Mario Party 10 I want though. As long as it's not like 9. Heck, I even liked 8. It could be like 8 and I'd be happy. Nintendo U sounds interesting though.

Actually, I'd think Pokken fighters would be more of a 3DS title. These leaks do look convincing though. I just don't see them making a Sunshine HD though.
It is definitely Wii U. The gameplay teaser back in October was 100% Wii U.

If I was in possession of info like this on a sheet of paper. I don't think I would leak it. But if I had to, I'd come on this site and make lousy riddles for you guys and then after E3 I'll be your prophet. That's how much you guys mean to me <3

Edit: sorry for double post. Really tired and didn't think to check

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I want Pokken Fighters to be there this year. And be exactly what I think it is.

So badly.

Also Starfox please.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
My problem with this list is that there is an asterisk in Super Smash Bros or 3D, yet in the note at the bottom it only talks about showing NFC capabilities of the Wii U gamepad, nothing about any 3ds add on

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I'm pretty sure Camelot left Nintendo entirely around the time of the original Wii's launch
I don't know where you've been, but they made Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (2010), Mario Tennis Open (2012) & Mario Golf: World Tour (2014) across the past 5 years, and made We Love Golf for Wii in 2007.

I find it interesting that people are so quick to disbelieve 50+ character rosters.
I think this is primarily due to the fact Sakurai implied we shouldn't expect a lot of characters. His focus is that it's not exciting to just add new characters, and has said characters will likely get cut, and that Brawl already had "too many" characters.

So people use that as a guideline to not expect a huge roster.

You also have to look at what it implies. Say everyone from Brawl returned except for Squirtle & Ivysaur (for the sake of argument). That's 37 veterans. This would mean SSB4 is adding almost 20 newcomers. That's a lot of new characters.

HAVING SAID THAT... not that patterns are truly applicable yet, but:
- SSB added 12 characters
- Melee added 14 characters
- Brawl added 18 characters (or 16 if you want to be that guy)
- SSB4 could easily add 20 characters

But again, Sakurai's unpredictable and 'patterns' can't be truly established yet.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Yeah, I'm still expecting slightly less than 50 or a round 50 (with or without the Random button). An odd "slightly above 50" is definitely a possibility though.

I don't find either of the main focused leaks credible (with 1 having nothing going for it yet and the other riding on lumping together characters tons of people guessed/wanted and throwing in two out-there characters, getting 1 correct).

Gematsu's glue right now is Chorus Men & 4chan's something we can't do anything with until Tuesday, but at least we have a definitive death to it in only a few days, so people won't be taking it into consideration anymore after that if it turns out false. Too specific, so people can't pull their gap-filling to explain away mistakes.

That said, I'd be happy with the roster. I don't really like the idea of Chorus Men, as a threesome, representing Rhythm Heaven, though, if it were to be true.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I think this is primarily due to the fact Sakurai implied we shouldn't expect a lot of characters. His focus is that it's not exciting to just add new characters, and has said characters will likely get cut, and that Brawl already had "too many" characters.

So people use that as a guideline to not expect a huge roster.
Right after that in the same interview or what ever he said "But I'll try to add as many characters as I can."

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
One game in and it fails the test. Dragon Quest VII will almost certainly be subtitled either 'Luminaires of the Legendary Line' or 'Seeds of Salvation', Warriors of Eden has not been trademarked by Square Enix in the west.

Maybe TWEWY 2 is going to be on smart phones?

And how can this be a 3DS game?

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Right after that in the same interview or what ever he said "But I'll try to add as many characters as I can."
Yeah, but that doesn't automatically, or necessarily, mean adding lots of characters. It just means that he'll do what he can.

He doesn't want to cut characters, and obviously he isn't going to not add any (as already seen). But if he has to cut characters, he will, and if he can't add a lot because of other priorities (or even scrap newcomers planned in favor of other things or due to time/resources and not being able to balance/fix them in time), then that's what it is.

So yes. He said he will try to add as many characters, but there's no reason to assume that definitely means he will be able to bring back *almost* all 39 from Brawl in addition to 20 newcomers.

Having said that, Bamco's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had nearly 60 characters, so I mean, maybe they can make a huge roster happen. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, I wasn't saying a 50+ roster was impossible, just that, from my understanding, it's because Sakurai says things that people don't expect that many.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Can someone repost the newest 4chan leak picture or text? Seems like the thread is gone now, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

T

Trick or Treat

Can someone repost the newest 4chan leak picture or text? Seems like the thread is gone now, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
This.

For the future, it's helpful to actually post the contents of the leak instead of just the link. Whether it's 4chan or Gamefaqs there's a good chance it'll get deleted.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What I wouldn't do for a new version of Sunshine<3

I don't Believe in this leak (yeah, no Sonic Boom is a giveaway, as we know they will show it off at E3). But it does sound pretty nice.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
What I wouldn't do for a new version of Sunshine<3

I don't Believe in this leak (yeah, no Sonic Boom is a giveaway, as we know they will show it off at E3). But it does sound pretty nice.
Sonic Boom does hurt it, however Sonic Boom apparently has it's own Twitch segment. It's possible Sega might just do their own thing seperate from the Nintendo conference.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sonic Boom does hurt it, however Sonic Boom apparently has it's own Twitch segment. It's possible Sega might just do their own thing seperate from the Nintendo conference.
Ah, really? I guess that actually sorta helps this leak, then. I just assumed Boom would be in the Digital Event. Thank you.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
TIME TO DISPROVE!

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/nintendo-e...rvest-moon-lost-valley-costume-quest-2-601631

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley Announced

Publisher Natsume has revealed its latest title Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley for Nintendo 3DS. It said that the game would be shown at E3 2014.

This new title will be the first in a series of games which are based on farming. It said that the game would have a 3D setting with a customizable world.

"Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley is truly evolving the franchise. Hardcore fans will love it, players who haven't played a Harvest Moon game in a while will want to try it out, and new players will be introduced to the unique and charming world that is Harvest Moon," said Hiro Maekawa, president and CEO, Natsume.

Costume Quest 2 Announced for Wii U

Developer Double Fine has announced that it would release Costume Quest 2, an RPG on PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

It was announced that there would be changes in timing-based attacks of the game as it has been made more beneficial. It was also revealed that collectible cards would have limited use, though it can be used to upgrade abilities. The game will introduce newer costumes like Clown, Superhero and Pterodactyl.

Reila

What exactly those two announcements disprove? I don't get it.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I wonder if Sal Romano's tipper will give him more info regarding veteran characters, since I feel that we're hitting our limit in newcomers...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What exactly those two announcements disprove? I don't get it.
I assume it's a references to the print outs of the E3 schedules we've seen floating around given that those two games are not on any list. I don't really know how much it actually means in this case, but I think that's what he's trying to claim is disproved.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Just because a game is announced doesn't mean its developers think it's ready or want it to be showcased on the show floor.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well with that leak, the lack of game play footage for Ace Attorney vs Prof. Layton makes no sense. The game has been out in Japan since 2012, and the US version comes out in Novemeber. They should have stuff for us to see.

But I really wish this was real. Especially with SMT x FE, Pokken, AA vs PL, Pokemon Gen 3, Starfox 3DS and Smash.

Reila

I assume it's a references to the print outs of the E3 schedules we've seen floating around given that those two games are not on any list. I don't really know how much it actually means in this case, but I think that's what he's trying to claim is disproved.
I don't think it disproves the print in any way (not that I believe it is real). Not every game will be showcased at E3 and a lot of companies are announcing their games prior to E3 (probably because they don't want their announcements to be completely obfuscated for the big titles to be announced in the event).

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Just because a game is announced doesn't mean its developers think it's ready or want it to be showcased on the show floor.
I don't think it disproves the print in any way (not that I believe it is real). Not every game will be showcased at E3 and a lot of companies are announcing their games prior to E3 (probably because they don't want their announcements to be completely obfuscated for the big titles to be announced in the event).
Except for it says the games will be shown at this years E3...
So that means a trailer...
Therefore it should be on the list.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley for Nintendo 3DS. It said that the game would be shown at E3 2014.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmmm... I wonder if Sal Romano's tipper will give him more info regarding veteran characters, since I feel that we're hitting our limit in newcomers...
If he does not give out any information on more newcomers, I feel as though that is a fairly objective sign that his information is extremely outdated (might not even be final) or that he does not have one. As for veterans, it is fairly obvious, you would not even need to leak that. You would need to leak the character NOT returning, which is probably, maybe, not even really Snake. I suppose Squirtle and Ivysaur, but we hardly need a leak to tell us that.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
But Natsume has their own small booth, maybe they'll be showing it themselves
Nintendo are showing other 3rd party games in their direct according to the sheet such as dragon-quest. Why would there be no mention in the direct of another 3DS exclusive. Though it will be shown in the booth there will probably be a mention in Nintendo's conference since it will get more publicity and boost 3DS sales.

TheAluminumMan

Smash Rookie
Nintendo are showing other 3rd party games in their direct according to the sheet such as dragon-quest. Why would there be no mention in the direct of another 3DS exclusive. Though it will be shown in the booth there will probably be a mention in Nintendo's conference since it will get more publicity and boost 3DS sales.
Being published by Nintendo in NA maybe?

Reila

Do you really think Nintendo will show every third party game to be released on the 3DS in their digital event? They won't.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Do you really think Nintendo will show every third party game to be released on the 3DS in their digital event? They won't.
Not really, but I expect Harvest Moon to be seen as its whole franchise is Nintendo exclusive. It would be like not advertising a Phoenix Wright game, a move like that might make the companies with the franchises reconsider their loyalty. Nintendo needs more 3rd party support and they know they wont gain it if 3rd party games exclusive to Nintendo products aren't pushed enough. Look at bayonetta 2 for an example, or even any new dragonage game.

But even after all this they will defiantly show an announcement trailer for a new 3DS exclusive 3rd party game from a big company (just like child of light from Ubisoft). I would agree with you IF this was not the first look at the game.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Ah! Thank you so much!

It would be so easy to create one of these leaks. Just print out a piece of paper with some info and be like "look, I got leaked info!"

That said, I wouldn't mind this being real. An HD version of Mario Sunshine? OMG YES PLZ. Though I was also hoping to see a 2.5d Metroid title for 3DS. We'll have to see what plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom