• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSX Presents : The Bronx Smash Weeklies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Welcome To DSX's Bronx Smash Weeklies :)

This Tournament Will Include Brawl Singles/Brawl Doubles And Maybe Melee Singles And Melee Doubles.

~HERE IS THE RUNDOWN~
Date: Every Friday (starting Feb. 20)
Start Time: @ around 5:00 for Brawl Singles/ 7:45 for Melee Singles
Entry Fee: $10 venue fee; $5 per entry--50% discount on venue if you bring whole set up (TV + Wii [or gamecube]with Brawl [Melee if you brought a gamecube])
Pot: 65/25/10

Neutrals

Stages are as listed below:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-Picks

Counter Pick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise

1 Stage Ban
1 Strike

I (Anti) am not the host of this tournament i just put it on smashboards contact DSX on AIB Good Luck and have fun :)

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
.... DISTANT PLANET??!?!?! XD.. tood good. i thought you were hosting until i read the small print anti lol.
meh, too bad it's in the bronx, i hardly ever get to go to tournaments there >_<.. too difficult getting there.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I really need to start traveling to stuff like this.... Hmmmmmm
since we both live in long island travel with me for this.:bee:

.... DISTANT PLANET??!?!?! XD.. tood good. i thought you were hosting until i read the small print anti lol.
meh, too bad it's in the bronx, i hardly ever get to go to tournaments there >_<.. too difficult getting there.
yeah im not the host i just put it on smashboards for the guy

actually let me take off the counter picks i think aren't legit then confirm with DSX if he says no then i guess its what he says lol

ADHD

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmm what february is this friday? i don't care about time anymore seeing as i have a week off :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmm what february is this friday? i don't care about time anymore seeing as i have a week off :)
Good **** Feb 20th is a friday but i think the attendance for this is going to be lower since KM516 is holding a tournament the day after which im attending im going to the one the week after though

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i dont see a date but im guess this is friday or something?? wow srsly im gonna be a real new yorker for once and start traveling around the city lmfao. I've only gone to manhattan like once. Haven't really gone to bronx or brooklyn, but with knight's tourney and dmt/light's polytech in brooklyn and now this bronx weeklies and since NY is steppin up on the tourney stardtards im gonna be traveling to bronx and brooklyn haha.

nvm tthe date lol

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i dont see a date but im guess this is friday or something?? wow srsly im gonna be a real new yorker for once and start traveling around the city lmfao. I've only gone to manhattan like once. Haven't really gone to bronx or brooklyn, but with knight's tourney and dmt/light's polytech in brooklyn and now this bronx weeklies and since NY is steppin up on the tourney stardtards im gonna be traveling to bronx and brooklyn haha.

nvm tthe date lol
good stuff. come to this

ADHD

Smash Hero
idk, will this be worth it? How many people would you estimate/who do you know is coming?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
idk, will this be worth it? How many people would you estimate/who do you know is coming?
the one on the 20th isnt worth it come to the tournament the 21st in brooklyn thats where EVERYONE is going to.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
i'll be going to almost every single one of these if people show since this is less than 5 blocks away from me... :)

what tournament is this saturday?

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Melee Singles Tournament Update...

Guys, just to let you know, there is going to be Melee at my tournament. Ckeck the AiB link provided below for more details, and let me know if you're going and what you might bring (tv's and/or game consoles).

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4868

Anti, thanks for all the help;)

For anyone who's wondering, about 25+ people (including some of my friends) are showing up so far. Don't rule this tournament out...

EDIT: Norfair is banned

EDIT 2: I'm going to Knight's the next day=D

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
What kinda venue is this? A house or a gaming place? Just curious.
House.

If anyone is bringing tv's and/or nintendo consoles, let me know by Thursday so I can plan accordingly. Srsly.

Pepper692

Smash Rookie
I'll start coming once I finally take my road test haha. Brawl singles is too early for me but I'll be able to make it at 7:45 for the melee singles if that's cool with you.

You should know who this is. :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
10 venue fee and 5 per tournament....very interesting....so how old are you and why are you trying to make $ off poor little smashers XD

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
OGM HE GUNNA RAEP US IN HES HOUSE!

Lol jk. xD I don't think I'll make it this week, being that the tourney at polytech is the next day. Count me in for the next one though.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
OGM HE GUNNA RAEP US IN HES HOUSE!

Lol jk. xD I don't think I'll make it this week, being that the tourney at polytech is the next day. Count me in for the next one though.
Same and make the venue fee lower son.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
10 venue fee and 5 per tournament....very interesting....so how old are you and why are you trying to make $ off poor little smashers XD
I'm old enough...and this is my first time hosting.

About the tv situation, there's only one so far, and that's mine. $5 off venue for first 5 people to bring tv's. Wiis and Gamecubes with Brawl/Melee get $3 off (if they're used).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^

I think people are asking you WHY the venue fee is so high (and tournament price is so low) not about discounts.

IMO house venue fee should be anywhere from 2 to 5 depending on what you provide for your guests.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
^

I think people are asking you WHY the venue fee is so high (and tournament price is so low) not about discounts.
Tournament price is low because of the fact that there are Brawl & Melee tournaments. Venue fee will change after first tournament. I am hosting the tournaments in my basement, where a lot of electricity is going to be used. I'm charging $10 venue also because it might encourage people to consider venue discounts.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Still fairly high for a venue fee though understandable, and low on pricing which means low on the pot.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
old enough?

come on dude the venue fee is too high bottom line. It usually does not encourage people to think of bringing setups it actually deters people from coming.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
^^ yea i think you would get more heads showing up if you made it 5$...IIRC W2Z was pretty cheap when it came to having weeklies there and its not a house its a actual venue...just something you might wanna think about....

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
old enough?

come on dude the venue fee is too high bottom line. It usually does not encourage people to think of bringing setups it actually deters people from coming.
I might bring the venue down to $5 next Friday (Feb 27) depending on this tournament. But I'll definitely have snacks and beverages for this tournament, and my basement's pretty nice and spacious to hold a good number of people.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
doesnt matter how big or small a place is...its your house i would be surprised if it wasn't. bottom line imo way to high and no payout or justification.

Top Bottom