• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSX Presents : The Bronx Smash Weeklies.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
imo I wouldn't wanna pay $10 for a venue fee at someone's house, that's all I'm sayin'.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
doesnt matter how big or small a place is...its your house i would be surprised if it wasn't. bottom line imo way to high and no payout or justification.
I get the strong impression that people want the entry fee to be higher, like $10 or something. The problem is, if I lower the venue to $5, too many people might show up (like 50 or more)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I get the strong impression that people want the entry fee to be higher, like $10 or something. The problem is, if I lower the venue to $5, too many people might show up (like 50 or more)

that makes no sense tbh...you can just...CAP the # of players...everyone does it...its your bloody house.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
that makes no sense tbh...you can just...CAP the # of players...everyone does it...its your bloody house.
Or I can host the tournament elsewhere, lower venue, and have over 50 people there. How does that sound?

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
just have it if you make the venue fee 5 cash to have a list of people who are coming for sure and if that list fills up to let people know that its a first come,first serve basis.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
or you can not have an attitude and realize people are helping little child
sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. It was a serious suggestion. It actually makes sense a bit, but I want to hear your thoughts:)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
*sigh* will NYC ever have weeklies again? :(

oh for the love of mike click my **** sig no one wants to go to the bx to get shot ( and i live in the white area of bx so i know its nice but too far for some )

manhattan got screwed up cause ppl cant host tournaments properly without me

weeklies are dumb and ruin communities and dilute turn outs ... monthlies ftw

jesus h ****ing christ

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
oh for the love of mike click my **** sig no one wants to go to the bx to get shot ( and i live in the white area of bx so i know its nice but too far for some )

manhattan got screwed up cause ppl cant host tournaments properly without me

weeklies are dumb and ruin communities and dilute turn outs ... monthlies ftw

jesus h ****ing christ
lol i know but its not NYC.....how about biweeklies?

@DSNPX

well let us hear your suggestion...:D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
lol i know but its not NYC.....how about biweeklies?

@DSNPX

well let us hear your suggestion...:D

its jersey city its 10 mins away...you want me to call it manhattan plus or something? lol seriously

biweeklies are ok but monthlies are ideal bottom line. I could go on with stories on why I am right but i am lazy just trust me as a great t.o why things i say are right

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
lol ok i'll take your word for it..and what part of the bronx you live in? cuz i could travel to you to jersey for the monthlies....

P.S. call it manhattan + plz...:p

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Mann you ppl complain and get spoiled so much with the weeklies BS. It's not NYC but it's VERY close, it's seriously no different than taking a subway within NYC. Unless your too young to travel, there's no excuse.

But I'm gonna stop here =P

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness, if I lower the venue fee and host the tournament in a more suitable environment, how many of you are going to come?
i would come if you tell me where it will be at.lol

Edit:i would come to the one on commonwealth if the price was slightly cheaper its only like 6 blocks away from me or less....

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
i would come if you tell me where it will be at.lol

Edit:i would come to the one on commonwealth if the price was slightly cheaper its only like 6 blocks away from me or less....
do I know you from somewhere? do you go to the soundview library?

Cia

das kwl
HAHAHA.. this is right near my house. i believe. (i live very close to soundview)
this starts to shape up quickly. i'd like to go, and i'll be bringing and Gamecube + Melee.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
HAHAHA.. this is right near my house. i believe. (i live very close to soundview)
this starts to shape up quickly. i'd like to go, and i'll be bringing and Gamecube + Melee.

easy money for vanz :)

Cia

das kwl
way to put me on the spot D=

no, i'm not a pro.. lolz the pros would be bum, DA, and like.. whoever else that's been playing since like.. '02.

how many people are coming to this??

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
way to put me on the spot D=

no, i'm not a pro.. lolz the pros would be bum, DA, and like.. whoever else that's been playing since like.. '02.

how many people are coming to this??
20 and counting...

EDIT: What candies and beverages do most people like? My mom has a problem with chips and cookies as they attract rodents.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
o **** son i live like 2 blocks from soundview and rosedale whats good with the friendlies?

all this time im thinking NOBODY lived near by that played smash bros like i do...lol

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
so is this is still happening at your apartment??? cause i dont want no ****ing teaser or no **** like that and traveling my *** from long island to bronx is ****ing hassle espically if its a teaser. and yes the price is like O.o.

Mann you ppl complain and get spoiled so much with the weeklies BS. It's not NYC but it's VERY close, it's seriously no different than taking a subway within NYC. Unless your too young to travel, there's no excuse.

But I'm gonna stop here =P
this is mah excuse for not able to go around out of the city srs business homiez

BUM163

Smash Lord
this is in a house...... and i know how soundview is lol..... idk if i'll be going to this. my aol/aim name is oni163

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
yeah soundview plays no games if you dont know people from there you dont want to run into any of them soundview boys...lol.

Top Bottom