• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Bigman40 shouldn't the post be posted in the front? Anyways Needs tutorial video to help out!

ps~ Isn't there a name for the yoshi tongue Glitch??

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
There is no definite way to do it because you basically cannot control when it happens.

If I remember correctly, the Egg Lay Cancel will only happen if you get someone in the very last active hitbox frame of the move. You never know if it's going to happen, though. If you want to capitalize on it you'd need extremely quick reaction time.

:069:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
There is no definite way to do it because you basically cannot control when it happens.

If I remember correctly, the Egg Lay Cancel will only happen if you get someone in the very last active hitbox frame of the move. You never know if it's going to happen, though. If you want to capitalize on it you'd need extremely quick reaction time.

:069:
Well, it doesn't need to be extremely quick if I've done it before, since I have crappy reaction time. Just be aware that it can happen whenever you egg lay, and if grounded, it helps to remember that fsmash is guaranteed when it happens.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I remember landing it on Diem during Brawl- at Apex. I warped his Fox under WiFi Waiting Room with it.

Good times, good times.

But this thread is about DR, not Egg Lay Fake. :yoshi:

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
I remember landing it on Diem during Brawl- at Apex. I warped his Fox under WiFi Waiting Room with it.

Good times, good times.

But this thread is about DR, not Egg Lay Fake. :yoshi:
Then shouldn't there be a topic about it? Is there already one xd..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I always just call it a phantom hit .-.

And you can do it by knicking them with the very edge of your tounge's grab box towards the end of the attack. I can usually pull it off when i retreating reverse egg lay, although the spacing is difficult to get it regularly

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Well It shouldn't be an impossible Move, if its possible....I still think there should be a topic to discuss about it and etc. ...I'm pretty sure someone knows how to use it frequently and good... sorry to go off topic..but ya ill be asking questions later about the wavedash since it seems its hard to do hehe..

bigman40

Smash Master
Why does the Yoshi boards have life when I go off somewhere for a weekend? Anywho, I'll probably remake my tutorial cause people don't understand that DR is Yoshi's easier techs compared to the rest of his harder ones.

Yikarur

Smash Master
srsly, what do you think is harder than DR? Brawl is easy overall. It's nearly impossible to find something thats harder than DR.

bigman40

Smash Master
Platform canceling on static platforms, downB instant ledge cancel, eggroll ledge cancel, etc. Specific timing + 1 frame windows? Pretty sure that's hella hard.

Yikarur

Smash Master
platform cancel on static platforms? do you mean or DRWaveland? downB instant ledge cancel ist easy if you have a shoulder button on special. Egg Roll LEdge cancel is hard but I wouldn't risk to do it, the reward isn't worth it, we don't even use egg roll often D:

bigman40

Smash Master
And DR is easy using my setup. Point being is that it's still hard since messing it up is more feasible when there's no room for error.

If that's what it's called, then yes. DR waveland on BF's platforms.

I've been looking into eggroll properties. I'm crazy enough to try it anyways.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm able to do DRWaveland on BF Platforms (any platforms in the same height) 80% of the time, thats rather good =D
well I'm still a bit pissed that the Yoshi Board is so dead, we did 2 backroom like thingies, backroom and "private forum" and both died after 2-3 Posts, it's annoying =(

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I was nailing the DR platform cancel when we first discovered it, but for some reason I couldn't pull it off today.

Hate when that happens. Also, I still haven't even read up on how to do the Down-B cancel. I feel like I'm falling behind.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Either tap down for only 1(?) frame when you down-B or hit up on the C-stick immediately after down-B.
Yes it's one frame. The Up on the C-Stick must occur the frame after you input downB because the game thinks then you hold down only for one frame.

it's not only that btw, you have to be at a specific position under the ledge but it's not that hard, you just need a shoulder button on special or use claw.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm getting better at this after a couple days of messing around with Yoshi against my older brother. I think I can do it about 70% of the time. I find that pressing Down helps my timing, since I have a habit of doing everything too quickly.

"Up-Down-Y-A" for me.

Now I just need to be able to apply it efficiently, hah. It'll come to me...

Airborne

Smash Lord
I'm getting better at this after a couple days of messing around with Yoshi against my older brother. I think I can do it about 70% of the time. I find that pressing Down helps my timing, since I have a habit of doing everything too quickly.

"Up-Down-Y-A" for me.

I already worshiped you from your PT, but this.... The fact that you're another guy picking up DR makes me want to drive all the way to Alabama and hug you... and then get some friendlies in. XD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
TJ = Easier to do DR.
TJ Off = Harder to do but most people use GC controllers so they tell Classic Controller people (Like me) It's not hard ur just doin it wrng

:320:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

"Up-Down-Y-A" for me.

Please, PLEASE pick up yoshi! We need more yoshis with natural skill, in fact we just need more in general.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Y
B
C-stick

MUST WE SAY IT MORE?!!?!?!?
That's so gross, though. I can't change my ways, as I've been playing the Smash series way too often for way too long. The only reason I was able to change R to Attack is because I've never touched the R button otherwise.

Top Bottom