• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dota2

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You have to play and win a game with every hero from starting from first hero to last, if you lose you have to keep playing the same hero again until you get a win

Splice

Smash Hero
You have to play and win a game with every hero from starting from first hero to last, if you lose you have to keep playing the same hero again until you get a win
first hero to last meaning in alphabetical order; from a-z
It's almost self explanatory...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I see a lot of potential for them both. Low level games don't show it, though.

But Earth Spirit putting down stone remnants when in ulti on a teamfight is pretty awesome.

Ember's good, I have yet to see him look fantastic though. Again, low level stuff.

Splice

Smash Hero
I haven't played either of them in their current incarnation.
I'm still confident Ember is too powerful in some aspects making him a really viable carry or even ganker (he loves the dollar but with the 6.79 changes he can probably start as a mid laner or dual offlaner and farm later since he scales well with levels too)
Mainly carry though imo.

Earth Spirit was released after I switched to Dota 2 so I didn't have as many games with him (I probably have 50 games of Ember Spirit on Warcraft 3 Dota, as opposed to 2 with Earth)
All I know is that when Earth Spirit was released, The Oracle was released too. And all I learnt was that The Oracle is at critical heights of overpowered.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ember spirit -> deso = winner

dont play him as a hard carry though you will have a bad time

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont play him as a hard carry though you will have a bad time

This, also I reported you.
Report button is where the old reply button is the they both start with R, gg.

To whoever was having a cry about timbersaw being unbeatable, just play lion you dud.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I was never complaining about timber being unbeatable. I beat timbersaw a plenty and I uderstand chain stunning. I was just saying that he's an exceptionally strong hero.

Splice

Smash Hero
Timbersaw is not strong because you can pick counters like Lion and then do well against him.

For more details, just look at my profile pic.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Its got nothing to do with chain-stunning,
You just need the power of the double dunk, you guys dont even know.
i hate timbersaw, I think he's a broken hero. He really doesn't have many weaknesses at all.
sounds like complaining to me.

Being strong and being broken/unbeatable/whatever are not the same thing, dont be a ****** billy.

Splice

Smash Hero

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
IMO keep int buff just add like 1 or 2 sec cool down to his q, if you add it to his timber chain I think he gets too weak to play.

What you mean you don't play this game anymore? You make it sound like you retired from the pro league due to team drama lol.

Splice

Smash Hero
What you mean you don't play this game anymore? You make it sound like you retired from the pro league due to team drama lol.

I said I don't play it anymore and that's what I mean d00d. Spending too much time on one game and depriving myself of other experiences (and time).
It's hard to play just a little bit here and there because there is so much to do and things to try, which is one of the reasons it's so good. So hard to play just a little bit that I had to uninstall instead of just control myself :O
Just focusing on other games, still spectating some bts here and there. And always fun to discuss.

Speaking of discussion, I don't really think any cooldown nerfs would be the way to go, I wouldn't want him to feel clunky. I don't like how he can sustain finding kills in his lane without necessarily feeling pressured to go for a soul ring or heavy clarity purchases, other solo offlaners take bigger hits to their mana pool when they try to go for any kills (if they even can). I played him before the int buffs and the buff just made it go from manageable to stupidly practical to find plenty of lane phase kills.

btw if anyone still plays sc2 please PM me
Or maybe I should go to NSW thread to make such a gesture...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I had one of those games where I went so badly my team started abusing me.

SF vs. Tusk mid and I begin to realise just how squishy I am. Also went so badly my team told me to get wards. As SF.

No-one else had gotten wards the entire game.

I feel sad and dirty. ;_;

Splice

Smash Hero
I had one of those games where I went so badly my team started abusing me.

SF vs. Tusk mid and I begin to realise just how squishy I am. Also went so badly my team told me to get wards. As SF.

No-one else had gotten wards the entire game.

I feel sad and dirty. ;_;

Funny. Once, a while ago, I was playing SF mid and also got ***** by a tusk.
So I bought 6 bracer, then as I made more money, I sold them for BKB's. Worked like a charm, the old 5 Bracer + BKB tech switch.
You use the fact that they think you are easy prey, and turn yourself into the ultimate bait.
Make sure to type "baited" into all chat everytime you die, this will only entice them to kill you more so your team can pick up more kills from overzealous Tusk player.

gl hf
Improvements to the strat seen above: You could also not buy Power Treads so the extra lack of movespeed makes them even more hopeful of killing you!

btw, Trust me I'm a professional
also, Abuse is healthy. :teeth:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Everyone says Drow counters Puck mid but so far i've won just about every mid lane with puck vs. drow. Maybe i'm just not versing the good ones but I seem to be able to get them with my level 6-9 combo as Puck or at the very least push them out of lane. =/

Ehhhh.

I'm more worried about TA. But then, TA is worried by Pudge. And I have fun with Pudge. Like a game of scissor paper rock. Or pokemon starters. Or the DOTA team being obsessed with either of those games. :3

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Everyone says Drow counters Puck mid but so far i've won just about every mid lane with puck vs. drow. Maybe i'm just not versing the good ones but I seem to be able to get them with my level 6-9 combo as Puck or at the very least push them out of lane. =/

Ehhhh.

I'm more worried about TA. But then, TA is worried by Pudge. And I have fun with Pudge. Like a game of scissor paper rock. Or pokemon starters. Or the DOTA team being obsessed with either of those games. :3
who is everyone lol
drow sucks mid

Splice

Smash Hero
Everyone says Drow counters Puck mid

I don't know what your sources of information are.

But you should burn them.
She's not gonna get a kill off of a silence before level 7, and if you have regen you're fine. Then at 7 you kill her. Plus if your team was good enough to come gank her she'd be screwed. Whereas Puck can escape ganks mid so much better.

btw TA can beat a Pudge. The minus armor ***** him, and after phase boots she can be pretty safe in lane. Make sure you get the early kills ofc and you'd be fine :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pudge doesnt beat TA, he just cant be shut down completely unlike typical mids eg OD, razor, qop, puck, invoker, storm.

all those heroes listed should cleanly shut down pudge in lane and keep him away from farm, and he should also have a really hard time killing them back when they dodge hooks or just blink out after being hooked.

TA can't escape for free nor can she harass super good due to range, but really play it right and you should just not get hooked and also outfarm him

its an even match up which still favours TA, just not a crazy 8-2 that blink and harass mids beat pudge with

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
pudge doesnt beat TA, he just cant be shut down completely unlike typical mids eg OD, razor, qop, puck, invoker, storm.

all those heroes listed should cleanly shut down pudge in lane and keep him away from farm, and he should also have a really hard time killing them back when they dodge hooks or just blink out after being hooked.

TA can't escape for free nor can she harass super good due to range, but really play it right and you should just not get hooked and also outfarm him

its an even match up which still favours TA, just not a crazy 8-2 that blink and harass mids beat pudge with
Oh, in low level rooms people end up getting hooked a bit more and usually before level 6/7 so TA ends up having few defensive options against Pudge after that point because rot eats shield =C

Actually I think I have heard that it's even-ish or so somewhere.

It's so funny going puck and then watching the other team pick drow.

It's like when my brother picks Pudge and the other team picks Sniper. <3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
that ranged hero with no excape, poor face to face combat, no magic damage negation and a channeled ultimate.

ultimate pudge counter

Splice

Smash Hero
Oh, in low level rooms people end up getting hooked a bit more and usually before level 6/7 so TA ends up having few defensive options against Pudge after that point because rot eats shield =C

Actually I think I have heard that it's even-ish or so somewhere.

It's so funny going puck and then watching the other team pick drow.

It's like when my brother picks Pudge and the other team picks Sniper. <3

I have a feeling the people you play against aren't trying to counterpick. They're just using their full mental capacity to differentiate their computer from some dead flies next to it, while they attempt to play video games.

Top Bottom